PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce L.A. **Spoilers**

Neezar
06-17-2010, 03:12 AM
Marcus Kowal (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Marcus-Kowal-48138) vs. Hugo Sandoval (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Hugo-Sandoval-26606)
Round 1
Kowal gets a takedown after a brief exchange and Sandoval latches onto a guillotine choke. He canít keep Kowal in his grasp and Kowal moves towards the mount. Sandoval traps him in half guard and eventually reestablishes his guard. Kowal stands up out of the defensive stalemate and pounds Sandoval with a big shot shot when he flung himself back down on top of him. Sandoval quickly finds himself defending an armbar-triangle series, which he slams his way out of.:cool: Sandoval than inexplicably kicks his downed opponent, forcing referee Herb Dean to step in and halt the action.:ashamed: OOPS LOL After a brief respite and a point deduction for Sandoval the fight is restarted. Kowal still looks a little groggy and ends up on the end of a Sandoval flurry on the restart but he regains his composure and finishes the round strong. He lands some punches and takes Sandovalís back in the ensuing scramble on the ground. Sherdog.com scores the round 10-8 for Kowal with the point deduction.

Round 2
Sandoval comes out aggressively in the second round and catches Kowal with a flurry of punches that drops him to the canvas. He follows up with strikes to his prone opponent and bags the victory at just 43 seconds of the second round.

Neezar
06-17-2010, 03:13 AM
RJ Clifford (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/RJ-Clifford-19431) vs. Jeremy Umphries (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jeremy-Umphries-42609)
Round 1
Umphries charges out and throws a couple of wild punches before hitting a low single to get Clifford to the mat. Clifford reaches for a kimura immediately and begins to work his way back to his feet. He stands for a brief moment but Umphries slings him back to the ground from a back body lock and tries to take his back. He gets one hook in, but canít fully lock in his legs. Clifford again rises to his feet but Umphries is unrelenting and rides him back to the ground. Umphries will not let go of the reverse body lock and knees to the legs from behind. Clifford gets back to his feet again and this time turns into Umphries and gets and over-under clinch. He clears his opponent and gets a takedown of his own. Clifford tries to get the ground-and-pound going in the final 30 seconds of the round but it is not enough to steer the round into his column. Sherdog scores round one for Umphries 10-9.

Round 2
Umphries gets a takedown early in the second and grabs a familiar body lock as Clifford works his way back to his feet. Umphries utilizes the position to take him back to the ground. Clifford gets his guard and tries to hip out but Umphries moves to his back and gets both hooks in. He begins to work a rear-naked choke. Clifford holds out as long as he can but eventually loses consciousness:faint: :laugh:and referee ďBigĒ John McCarthy steps in to stop the bout at 2:27 of the second round.

Neezar
06-17-2010, 03:15 AM
Miletich commentating. LOVE IT! :cool:

Neezar
06-17-2010, 03:20 AM
RJ Clifford (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/RJ-Clifford-19431) vs. Jeremy Umphries (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jeremy-Umphries-42609)
Round 1
Umphries charges out and throws a couple of wild punches before hitting a low single to get Clifford to the mat. Clifford reaches for a kimura immediately and begins to work his way back to his feet. He stands for a brief moment but Umphries slings him back to the ground from a back body lock and tries to take his back. He gets one hook in, but canít fully lock in his legs. Clifford again rises to his feet but Umphries is unrelenting and rides him back to the ground. Umphries will not let go of the reverse body lock and knees to the legs from behind. Clifford gets back to his feet again and this time turns into Umphries and gets and over-under clinch. He clears his opponent and gets a takedown of his own. Clifford tries to get the ground-and-pound going in the final 30 seconds of the round but it is not enough to steer the round into his column. Sherdog scores round one for Umphries 10-9.

Round 2
Umphries gets a takedown early in the second and grabs a familiar body lock as Clifford works his way back to his feet. Umphries utilizes the position to take him back to the ground. Clifford gets his guard and tries to hip out but Umphries moves to his back and gets both hooks in. He begins to work a rear-naked choke. Clifford holds out as long as he can but eventually loses consciousness:faint: :laugh:and referee ďBigĒ John McCarthy steps in to stop the bout at 2:27 of the second round.

Here is Clifford.

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20100615063909_IMG_7601.JPG (http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/event/25110/111575/)

Looks like he may have been put to sleep a time or two before.

Neezar
06-17-2010, 03:32 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, THIS is mixed martial arts!

Very nice fight! I always enjoy Strikeforce's shows.

Neezar
06-17-2010, 04:01 AM
Round 1
Heun charges right at Noons and misses a jab. Heun drops levels for a single and Noons has none of it. Heun throws right hand and Noons lights him up with an uppercut. Heun glances the face of his opponent with a headkick. Heun lands a stiff jab and and a low kick before scoring with a right-handed uppercut. Noons gets lazy with his jab and gets a hard kick to the body. Noons punches the midsection and gets his revenge. Noons misses a headkick and Heun gets a fast takedown. Noons tries to scramble to his feet and Heun transitions to the back. Heun locks on a body triangle and looks for a rear-naked choke. Noons turns and eats left hands from the mount. Noons bucks off his opponent to side control, but it takes Heun little time to return to the mount and back. Heun looks to set up an armbar and Noons defends and gets to his feet. Noons drops Heun to the canvas with a right hand at the horn.

TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Heun
Lutfi Sariahmed scores the round 10-9 Heun
Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Heun

Round 2
Noons goes to the body with a right hook and Heun misses two head kicks. Heun charges forward again and gets hit with a short right on top of his head. Noons -- a pro boxer -- lands a crisp three-punch combo and finishes to the body. Heun fakes the shot and Noons blasts him with a left hook. Noons connects with a jumping knee to the body. Noons has found a rhythm and is starting to pick Heun apart with his hands. Heun waves his opponent on and lands a knee to the midsection. Noons snaps Heunís head back with a jab and a hook that wobbles Heunís legs. The damaged fighter sucks it up and cracks Noons with a right-hand counter before missing a sloppy head kick. Noons continues his assault on the body and Heun sneaks in a knee to the chin. Noonsí left hook finds a home on the chin of its prey. Noons kick the body and then has his leg caught on a low kick attempt. Heun secures the single-leg takedown as time expires.

TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Noons
Lutfi Sariahmed scores the round 10-9 Noons
Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Noons

Round 3
Heun storms after Noons with his hands and wild kicks to the body and head. Noons shows nice footwork in avoiding the blows. Noons connects with a front kick and blocks two kicks to the body. A jumping knee clips Heunís face and blood starts to trickle from a cut near the left eye. Two left hooks slam into Heunís face. Noons sets up a flawless one-two with a jab. The fighters clash heads, but luckily neither man is cut. Heun telegraphs a single-leg attempt and Noons easily avoids it. Heun shoots again and Noons steps out and away. Heun is still aggressive, but his strikes have lost some steam; perhaps a result of all the failed shots as Heun shoots over and over. Noons starts to tire as both hands drop to his waist in the pocket. Noons catches a second wind and lands a knee to the body. The fighters trade wild knees and punches at the horn to signal the end of an entertaining contest.

TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Noons (29-28 Noons)
Lutfi Sariahmed scores the round 10-9 Noons (29-28 Noons)
Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Noons (29-28 Noons)

Official scores: 30-27, 29-28 and 28-29 for the winner by split decision, K.J. Noons.

Neezar
06-17-2010, 04:01 AM
I wanted Heun to win. :dry:

Neezar
06-17-2010, 04:02 AM
Two quick fights but still good. Time for Robbie and Babs! :happydancing:

Neezar
06-17-2010, 04:02 AM
Tim Kennedy (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Tim-Kennedy-2830) vs. Trevor Prangley (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Trevor-Prangley-4789)
Round 1
Kennedy lands a low kick and backs Prangley up against the fence. Kennedy tries to trip Prangley with an underhook, but the veteran uses a whizzer to fling him to the floor. Kennedy scrambles up and returns to work on a single. Prangley defends and gets hit with a right standing elbow. Prangley trips Kennedy to the canvas, but Kennedy quickly scrambles and gets the takedown. Kennedy controls from half guard and passes to the mount. Kennedy controls the right wrist and punches the head. Prangley gives up his back and Kennedy transitions to the dominant position and locks up a standing rear-naked choke. Prangley taps quickly at 3:35 of round one.

Neezar
06-17-2010, 04:03 AM
Cyborg wins easily. Appeared to be very mismatched or.......something. :unsure-1: Guy slipped and fell and kinda stayed down waiting for the pummel. Ref steps in to stop the fight.

bj44
06-17-2010, 04:08 AM
i want to see cyborg vs cyborg

why isnt this even getting any love Robbie is fighting :unsure-1: thanks for creating this thread neezar

BoneDoc
06-17-2010, 04:10 AM
Thanks Neezar for posting. Not able to watch Robbie tonight!!! War Robbie!!!!

Neezar
06-17-2010, 04:11 AM
There was Matty-poo. :w00t:

:laugh:

Neezar
06-17-2010, 04:12 AM
i want to see cyborg vs cyborg

why isnt this even getting any love Robbie is fighting :unsure-1: thanks for creating this thread neezar

I run whole threads by myself all the time. :dry:

Thanks for joining me though.

bj44
06-17-2010, 04:27 AM
I run whole threads by myself all the time. :dry:

Thanks for joining me though.

no problem

I got it one round a piece

Llamafighter
06-17-2010, 04:36 AM
WHAT???!?!?!?!?!
Robbie had the split! He pressed that whole 3rd round and won the first. tat was a BS decision in my opinion

Neezar
06-17-2010, 04:41 AM
They give the earlier fight to Noons and said that it probaly swung his way due to damage to the other guy. Well, Babs' face looked like hamburger meat and Robbie was still purty, lol. What the hell?

J.B.
06-17-2010, 04:41 AM
That was a close fight to score, sucks Robbie didn't get the nod

Neezar
06-17-2010, 04:42 AM
Nasty spot on Robbie's ribs though. :unsure-1:

bj44
06-17-2010, 04:42 AM
i had Robbie winning... It seemed like he pretended he was hurt alot to lure Babalu in but you cant do that cus the judges take it as you actually being rocked....

Im a Babalu fan though so im not that dissapointed

BoneDoc
06-17-2010, 04:43 AM
Thanks again for the thread. Wish I could have seen it. War Robbie!!!

Bonnie
06-17-2010, 04:44 AM
I came in near the end of the 2nd. I don't know that he pressed the whole 3rd round, but definitely got some good hits in there especially near the end. I thought he had the 3rd for sure. If I was just going by how their faces looked, I would have thought for sure Robbie had won.

I love how Robbie says after the interviewer thanks him for a great fight, "Yeah."....with that little boy face. :laugh:

Robbie's a good guy! I sure wish it had gone his way.

Neezar
06-17-2010, 04:48 AM
I like both guys but I really thought Robbie had that.

Chuck
06-17-2010, 04:51 AM
The first round was close but I think the decision was correct. Robbie fought well though but seemed to have a hard time getting his timing right.

He'll be fine though... he's a stud, he'll be winning again!

Bonnie
06-17-2010, 04:53 AM
I like both guys but I really thought Robbie had that.

It seemed like two of the commentators were split after the 2nd round. One was giving Babalu the first two and the other felt Robbie had the first and Babalu the 2nd going into the 3rd round. I missed the first round and most of the second so I'm not sure what happened. But I definitely felt Robbie did enough, more than Babalu, in the 3rd. I don't know how they gave all three to Babalu. :unsure-1:

Bonnie
06-17-2010, 05:03 AM
The first round was close but I think the decision was correct. Robbie fought well though but seemed to have a hard time getting his timing right.

He'll be fine though... he's a stud...

muffin! :)

Bonnie
06-17-2010, 05:09 AM
They give the earlier fight to Noons and said that it probaly swung his way due to damage to the other guy. Well, Babs' face looked like hamburger meat and Robbie was still purty, lol. What the hell?

I know. :laugh: He looked like he didn't have a mark on him (his face).

He's adorable!

MattHughesRocks
06-17-2010, 05:25 AM
I've just noticed this thread :laugh:

Robbie! :muttering:

County Mike
06-17-2010, 11:46 AM
I didn't watch but I recorded it. Who thought a Wednesday night fight starting at 11pm was a good idea? I'll probably watch it over the weekend but not the same as watching live.

TexasRN
06-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Tim Kennedy (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Tim-Kennedy-2830) vs. Trevor Prangley (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Trevor-Prangley-4789)
Round 1
Kennedy lands a low kick and backs Prangley up against the fence. Kennedy tries to trip Prangley with an underhook, but the veteran uses a whizzer to fling him to the floor. Kennedy scrambles up and returns to work on a single. Prangley defends and gets hit with a right standing elbow. Prangley trips Kennedy to the canvas, but Kennedy quickly scrambles and gets the takedown. Kennedy controls from half guard and passes to the mount. Kennedy controls the right wrist and punches the head. Prangley gives up his back and Kennedy transitions to the dominant position and locks up a standing rear-naked choke. Prangley taps quickly at 3:35 of round one.

:happydancing: Tim Kennedy's hot! Oh and he's a nice guy. :laugh:

~Amy

VCURamFan
06-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Round 1
YES!! Kennedy's the man!
It seemed like two of the commentators were split after the 2nd round. One was giving Babalu the first two and the other felt Robbie had the first and Babalu the 2nd going into the 3rd round.
"The other" commentator was Pat Miletich.

Bonnie
06-17-2010, 05:07 PM
YES!! Kennedy's the man!

"The other" commentator was Pat Miletich.

I was too busy trying to see if I could catch a glimpse of "Matty Poo" (as Denise has nicknamed him :laugh:) after the 2nd Rd. to pay attention to who was saying what, my subconscious was just picking up what was being said. :laugh:

And I never did see Matty Poo. :grumpy:

Neezar
06-17-2010, 05:17 PM
I was too busy trying to see if I could catch a glimpse of "Matty Poo" (as Denise has nicknamed him :laugh:) after the 2nd Rd. to pay attention to who was saying what, my subconscious was just picking up what was being said. :laugh:

And I never did see Matty Poo. :grumpy:

He stood over there with his leg propped up, elbow on his knee and his chin on his hand like the thinking man. I never seen him yell or make any kind of face at all until the end of the third.

Bonnie
06-17-2010, 05:31 PM
He stood over there with his leg propped up, elbow on his knee and his chin on his hand like the thinking man. I never seen him yell or make any kind of face at all until the end of the third.

What face was he making then or do I even need to ask? :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Migeul Torres pitches in :Whistle::

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/126124/9ibv5z.jpg

atomdanger
06-17-2010, 09:24 PM
I think Babalu won, but it was close.

Maybe could have gone either way?
I think the takedowns in the first won Babalu that round,
and maybe acting hurt made the judges think he was hurt???

Tyburn
06-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Here is Clifford.

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20100615063909_IMG_7601.JPG (http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/event/25110/111575/)

Looks like he may have been put to sleep a time or two before.

:laugh: true dat! :laugh:

I love your little side comments to the play by play Denise :w00t:

Bonnie
06-18-2010, 03:24 AM

I think she did a terrific job! :applause:

MattHughesRocks
06-18-2010, 03:32 AM
You know that's just so pathtic how people make fun of the way Cyborg looks. So she isn't cute like Gina, she can beat the hell out of her, and all the other girl fighters and half the men if she tried.She's an awesome fighter she's not tried to be a damn super model and all you guys here on these forums making fun of her, well that's just messed up, you jerks. I'd like to see you make these f'ed up comments to her face.

Migeul Torres pitches in :Whistle::

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/126124/9ibv5z.jpg

Neezar
06-18-2010, 01:20 PM
You know that's just so pathtic how people make fun of the way Cyborg looks. So she isn't cute like Gina, she can beat the hell out of her, and all the other girl fighters and half the men if she tried.She's an awesome fighter she's not tried to be a damn super model and all you guys here on these forums making fun of her, well that's just messed up, you jerks. I'd like to see you make these f'ed up comments to her face.

Heyyyyyyyyyllllll Yeah!

:punch:

Neezar
06-18-2010, 01:36 PM

Well no one was attempting to entertain me. I had to do it myself. :laugh:
Glad you enjoyed.

And Dave, I had you in mind when I posted a few of those. I knew you would read more than was there. :laugh:

Tyburn
06-18-2010, 04:42 PM

I concure :applause::applause: