PDA

View Full Version : Who said you need a pole to go fishing ??

Mac
06-15-2010, 01:54 AM
So after we got around 3 inches of rain yesturday afternoon , it shoved the level of lake shelbyville up. The drainage ditches that run into the lake filled up and the fish started trying to go upstream .

SO we drove down by and my oldest son Boone just had to try and catch them , Once he saw me grab a few he was ready to go .

Poor video from my cell phone . He had just caught one and then gripped it with one arm , bent down and caught another ha ha ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZzbQZv85So

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs610.snc3/32130_1462004146792_1134091703_1341954_4980919_n.j pg

rockdawg21
06-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Isn't hand fishing illegal?

Mac
06-15-2010, 03:15 AM
Hell if i know . dont think it mattered tho , he was having to much fun and he wasnt keeping them . He was taking them to deeper water lol.

Llamafighter
06-15-2010, 03:43 AM
That looks like a blast. what was he catching there?

Neezar
06-15-2010, 03:47 AM
That looks like a blast. what was he catching there?

'Round here we call that there a shyte fish.

:laugh:

flo
06-15-2010, 03:51 AM
'Round here we call that there a shyte fish.

:laugh:

Must be Irish. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Twinsmama
06-15-2010, 01:28 PM
I think it is a carp. As far as I know they aren't any good at all to eat. (at least around here anyway). I think they eat the crap even cat fish won't:laugh:

TexasRN
06-15-2010, 01:34 PM
So the title of this thread gets shortened to "Who says you need a pole to" if I look at it from the main screen. I so thought it was going to be a different kind of conversation. :laugh:

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
06-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Because that's how you think :laugh:

This is Mac's thread...we're in Redneckville here :laugh:

So the title of this thread gets shortened to "Who says you need a pole to" if I look at it from the main screen. I so thought it was going to be a different kind of conversation. :laugh:

~Amy

VCURamFan
06-15-2010, 04:28 PM

~Amy
Mind, meet gutter! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mac
06-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Yeah , they are carp , and i dont know of anyone who eats them , but they are fun to catch , thats about all they are good for , catchin LOL.

rearnakedchoke
06-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah , they are carp , and i dont know of anyone who eats them , but they are fun to catch , thats about all they are good for , catchin LOL.

yeah, as a kid we used to net them when they were spawning and sell em to this romanian or hungarian dude ... he loved them .... and if you ever hook one, they put up a hell of a fight .. that vid was great .... what fish snaggin technique ....

TexasRN
06-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Because that's how you think :laugh:

This is Mac's thread...we're in Redneckville here :laugh:

Yeah, I was really confused when I saw that it was Mac who started it.

And Ben....you know you thought the SAME thing so hush up!

~Amy

VCURamFan
06-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I was really confused when I saw that it was Mac who started it.

And Ben....you know you thought the SAME thing so hush up!

~Amy
Hahahaha, never said I didn't!!! :happydancing: :tongue0011:

Neezar
06-16-2010, 05:24 AM

~Amy

lol

rockdawg21
06-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Hell if i know . dont think it mattered tho , he was having to much fun and he wasnt keeping them . He was taking them to deeper water lol.
LOL, well if it is, you've put incriminating evidence on the Internet. I know hand fishing is illegal in MO. Just lettin' ya know. Some law enforcement people are truly that bored.

rearnakedchoke
06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
LOL, well if it is, you've put incriminating evidence on the Internet. I know hand fishing is illegal in MO. Just lettin' ya know. Some law enforcement people are truly that bored.

don't know the laws down there, but here carp aren't consider game fish but coarse fish, so they can be netted etc ... that includes catfish, suckers etc ... i am sure it is the same down there, as you wouldn't have so many people noodling for catfish ...