PDA

View Full Version : Traffic school on line anyone?

MattHughesRocks
06-03-2010, 12:25 AM
I have to go to traffic school soon and I'm wondering if any of you have done both class AND on line. Just trying to figure out the less painful way. I've been to the classes too many times, but not in a long time but never on line.Your 2 cents please :)

philips4
06-03-2010, 12:29 AM
I have done the online one a couple times, super easy and convenient! Not that I would recommend but knew someone who had a neighbor take his online class! :Whistle: Still, they are cheap and you can do it anytime then just print your certificate and send it in with the ticket!

MattHughesRocks
06-03-2010, 12:45 AM
That's sounding more and more like what I'll do. The classes are so horribly BORING. I need something like Forrest Griffin rolling around the floor acting like a monkey & eating a banana to pay attention in a class room!

Does anybody have any good stories?Funny stories? Horror stories?

I have done the online one a couple times, super easy and convenient! Not that I would recommend but knew someone who had a neighbor take his online class! :Whistle: Still, they are cheap and you can do it anytime then just print your certificate and send it in with the ticket!

TexasRN
06-03-2010, 12:53 AM
That's sounding more and more like what I'll do. The classes are so horribly BORING. I need something like Forrest Griffin rolling around the floor acting like a monkey & eating a banana to pay attention in a class room!

Sorry, I don't speed. :laugh: I haven't had a ticket since I was 17.

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
06-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Oh me either...it's for...umm...a friend..:unsure-1:

Sorry, I don't speed. :laugh: I haven't had a ticket since I was 17.

~Amy

TexasRN
06-03-2010, 01:01 AM
Oh me either...it's for...umm...a friend..:unsure-1:

:laugh: Yeah, I thought so.

~Amy

VCURamFan
06-03-2010, 05:08 PM

When I was 19, I got a ticket for doing 89 in a 65 (I know I was doing at least 95, but the officer gave me a break since I was so young: anything over 90mph is reckless endangerment & a felony! :scared0011:). I went to driving school on a Saturday, but had to move into college the next day & wasn't pack at all. I went up to the teacher & said "is there any other time I could come in, I've really gotta pack today!" She said, "Today's perfect for you: my mother died last night & I've gotta get the funeral arranged". She then proceded to hand out all the notes, booklets & tests, turned on the first video, assigned someone to it out for the next when it was done, & then said "I'm gonna be in my office on the phone all day. If y'all cheat, I'll have no way of knowing." I was home before lunch.

MattHughesRocks
06-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Nice.
I think I found a winner though. Comedytrafficschool.com. Seems to be the choice of many that share my blood :ninja:
:laugh: And it's only 20 bucks.

When I was 19, I got a ticket for doing 89 in a 65 (I know I was doing at least 95, but the officer gave me a break since I was so young: anything over 90mph is reckless endangerment & a felony! :scared0011:). I went to driving school on a Saturday, but had to move into college the next day & wasn't pack at all. I went up to the teacher & said "is there any other time I could come in, I've really gotta pack today!" She said, "Today's perfect for you: my mother died last night & I've gotta get the funeral arranged". She then proceded to hand out all the notes, booklets & tests, turned on the first video, assigned someone to it out for the next when it was done, & then said "I'm gonna be in my office on the phone all day. If y'all cheat, I'll have no way of knowing." I was home before lunch.

VCURamFan
06-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Nice.
I think I found a winner though. Comedytrafficschool.com. Seems to be the choice of many that share my blood :ninja:
:laugh: And it's only 20 bucks.
Cool stuff!

MattHughesRocks
06-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Here's a preview:laugh:

http://www.comedytrafficschool.com/sample.asp

Twinsmama
06-03-2010, 05:59 PM
My husband did it online. If I remember right it had a set time for each section. He would read then go watch tv so the time would allow for him to take the test. that was about 6 years ago so they probably even have videos now. i'd definately prefer online. you can do it at night ..if you have a problem sleeping like me!

County Mike
06-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Did you get busted taking pictures of your speedometer while doing about 110mph?

MattHughesRocks
06-03-2010, 07:00 PM
No, it was an hour later after I put my camera away and was only doing 84 in a....whatever the speed limit was.

Did you get busted taking pictures of your speedometer while doing about 110mph?

Twinsmama
06-03-2010, 07:04 PM
it looks good. it looks like it should keep your attention. can you print the certificate though? that might be handy if you need it quickly.

MattHughesRocks
06-03-2010, 07:08 PM
They email it to the courts for you. How handy huh?! I have a few nephew's and their friends that all took this and say it's the way to go. Seems speeding runs in my family so I'm really not to blame after all :rolleyes:

it looks good. it looks like it should keep your attention. can you print the certificate though? that might be handy if you need it quickly.

Bonnie
06-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't know, Michelle, looks like there's a lot of reading involved. :unsure-1: At least in a class you've got other people to talk to (just not when the instructor is talking. That's a :no::no:).

I went to a place called The Laff Spot Comedy Club. We watched a lot of videos and then the guy went through the test letting each table answer a ? and we just filled in the circle on the written test. We got all of them right of course making a 100. :laugh:

The only story I have to tell is when I went out to my car for lunch, a bird left me the most humungous gift (I have ever seen in my life :scared0015:) on my driver's side window. I kid you not, it covered my entire window. :blink: When I saw that, my first thought was, "Holy bird poop, thank you Lord for not lett'n that bird pass over while I was getting out of the car this morning!" :scared0011: :laugh:

Let us know how it goes. :)

Bonnie
06-03-2010, 07:50 PM
They email it to the courts for you. How handy huh?! I have a few nephew's and their friends that all took this and say it's the way to go. Seems speeding runs in my family so I'm really not to blame after all :rolleyes:

Don't you have to get your driving record to send in with the certificate? I had to send off for mine to Austin (you pay a fee for that too :wink:). Then after you take the course and pass, the place mails you your certificate and you take everything back to the court. Before all that, you have to go to the court/police station and pay for your ticket and get permission to take the course.

You don't have to do any of that? :unsure-1:

MattHughesRocks
06-03-2010, 08:20 PM
No we don't. I already paid my ticket on line. They just make you pay an extra 10 bucks for "eFiling". Once you have done that you find your ticket on line again and it shows you as "paid" then has traffic school info ( plus they send you traffic school info in the mail).You do traffic shcool, they send the courts the completion form and WA-LAA! Done :w00t:

Don't you have to get your driving record to send in with the certificate? I had to send off for mine to Austin (you pay a fee for that too :wink:). Then after you take the course and pass, the place mails you your certificate and you take everything back to the court. Before all that, you have to go to the court/police station and pay for your ticket and get permission to take the course.

You don't have to do any of that? :unsure-1: