PDA

View Full Version : UFC Undisputed 2010

J.B.
05-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Anybody checked this out yet?

I think it's definitely an upgrade from last year, despite the online problems THQ is having this week.

I beat the first Title mode with Matt, just working on the second one. Career mode is cool, and you can actually get more involved than last year.

The best part is Shaq is the game. I just slam dunked my buddy right out of the octagon.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4853/avermediacenter20100527.png

NateR
05-29-2010, 02:02 AM
Do you have a screencap of Matt standing in front of his banner, pre-fight? I got to help design Matt's banner and shorts for this game, so I'm just curious to see how the final product turned out.

J.B.
05-29-2010, 02:12 AM
Do you have a screencap of Matt standing in front of his banner, pre-fight? I got to help design Matt's banner and shorts for this game, so I'm just curious to see how the final product turned out.

I can get you one, I got my xbox on right now. BRB

J.B.
05-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Sorry about the quality of some of these, I just used my cell phone cam and it's not the best with things in motion, lol

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/p_00041.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/p_00042.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/p_00043.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/p_00044.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/p_00045.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/p_00047.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/p_00050.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/p_00048.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/p_00051.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/p_00053.jpg

NateR
05-29-2010, 02:38 AM
Thanks! :cool: Those Browning logos on the sides of his shorts turned out pretty good. :)

J.B.
05-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Yeah, it all really looks great. Last years was good, but this one is a lot better.

You designed the HIT Squad Logo, right?

I've been trying to get it unlocked for my fighter! :laugh:

NateR
05-29-2010, 02:53 AM
Yeah, it all really looks great. Last years was good, but this one is a lot better.

You designed the HIT Squad Logo, right?

I've been trying to get it unlocked for my fighter! :laugh:

I designed about 90% of the logo. Todd sent me a logo that someone had created (he never told me who) and it was the oval, "dog tag" shape that exists now. I just rebuilt everything inside of it.

Can you hack into an XBox? I'll send you the original EPS file and you can put it in the game yourself. :laugh:

J.B.
05-29-2010, 02:58 AM
I designed about 90% of the logo. Todd sent me a logo that someone had created (he never told me who) and it was the oval, "dog tag" shape that exists now. I just rebuilt everything inside of it.

Can you hack into an XBox? I'll send you the original EPS file and you can put it in the game yourself. :laugh:

Technically you can hack an xbox, but no need since it is an unlockable item in the game, you just have to go through the HIT Squad training camp and beat it. On my guy from last year I had that logo plastered all over :laugh:

Bobby71
05-31-2010, 12:20 AM
I played the game non stop for three days and haven't played it since. I loved the career mode until you win the title. After I won the belt it got real old real fast. I won the belt at 155 and 5 of my last 10 fights have been against Gray Maynard.

Has anyone seen the taut that Hughes can do? It's amazing! He does his little strut / walk thing. I love it!

NateR
05-31-2010, 12:27 AM
Has anyone seen the taut that Hughes can do? It's amazing! He does his little strut / walk thing. I love it!

That annoys me. :angry: Matt NEVER taunts or struts.

NateR
05-31-2010, 12:28 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/p_00051.jpg

This bothers me also. Matt NEVER looks up before his hand is raised. He is always looking at the ground. Did the game designers even bother to watch any of Matt's fights?

J.B.
05-31-2010, 12:57 AM
This bothers me also. Matt NEVER looks up before his hand is raised. He is always looking at the ground. Did the game designers even bother to watch any of Matt's fights?

As soon as I started reading this comment I knew you were gonna say he always looks at the ground! :laugh:

I hear ya, but the "taunt" is one of the features of the game and every fighter has something that they do. I didn't even realize what it was supposed to be when I first played the game (because I never read the instructions) and I got an "Xbox Achievement" for "taunting" 5 times in a match. :laugh:

The other thing I noticed about Matt is that he has the ability to switch from Orthodox to Southpaw, which is a feature they only let some fighters do. I don't get why every fighter couldn't have this ability, it's not like changing the way they stand is something that any fighter couldn't do in a fight. :rolleyes:

Bobby71
05-31-2010, 01:55 AM

The strut / walk reminds me of when real Matt first walks into the cage before a fight. I have never seen real Matt do it in a fight.

NateR
05-31-2010, 03:07 AM
I hear ya, but the "taunt" is one of the features of the game and every fighter has something that they do. I didn't even realize what it was supposed to be when I first played the game (because I never read the instructions) and I got an "Xbox Achievement" for "taunting" 5 times in a match. :laugh:

That kind of thing bothers me, because I remember playing Fight Night for the Gamecube several years ago and every single boxer did some kind of ridiculous taunt when they won. I was so disgusted by it that I returned the game. To me that's just rewarding players (and especially the kids and teenagers who play these games) for bad sportsmanship and setting a very bad example for real life.

J.B.
05-31-2010, 04:05 AM
That kind of thing bothers me, because I remember playing Fight Night for the Gamecube several years ago and every single boxer did some kind of ridiculous taunt when they won. I was so disgusted by it that I returned the game. To me that's just rewarding players (and especially the kids and teenagers who play these games) for bad sportsmanship and setting a very bad example for real life.

For the record I love the fight night series, and I know exactly what you are talking about as far as the post fight animations. They don't do it after every fight and it's changed over the years, but I will agree that it's not the best example or representation of how the fighters truly act all the time. Like for instance Roy Jones didn't stand over opponents and pound his chest. I think it's just more of the video game aspect of rewarding the player for winning with some sort of ego-boosting cut-scene, but you are right about not setting the best example for kids. I don't have any kids, but if I did they wouldn't be playing about 90% the games I play either.

I should also note that this UFC game actually takes being disrespectful to another level as far as MMA or Boxing video games are concerned. First off, there is some swearing in some of the voice overs for the story mode done by Dana White. I don't personally care much, but he didn't need to do that. Secondly, when your fighter is progressing through his career and becomes a contender for the title, you start getting interviewed by Joe Rogan after the fights and you are given the option of how to respond, with "Disrespect" being one of the options. Granted, the "disrespectful" lines are not as over the top as some of the things real fighters say and the lines are typically very generic. However the option is still there, and it can actually generate rivalries between your fighter and other fighters. You also will be prompted to attend some of the weigh-ins for your fights where you can again to chose to either respect or disrespect your opponent.

Crisco
05-31-2010, 05:52 PM
I wish they would let you do career mode using a UFC fighter.

I was hoping the feature with be in this game.

Also Matt can do head kicks in this version of the game... Has Matt ever thrown a head kick?

sender
06-01-2010, 02:54 AM
EXTREME!!!!

anyone whos got it on the xbox add me sender007 boo yeah!

I have noticed though its seems impossible to submit anyone :S

Jonlion
06-01-2010, 10:16 AM
On the main they have got Matt Hughes pretty good, like his posture and standing movements.

Also he gets to do the Crucifix posistion which is superb.

The taunts from what I can see from Matt never make him look too cocksure.

He does have the Matt Hughes imperiousness.

It's good though but can't seem to save my game on career mode?

VCURamFan
06-01-2010, 08:47 PM
I just got this game Sunday. I got a really late graduation check from my aunt (apparently a guy in the post office had been stealing cash/checks/giftcards/etc.), so I immediately ran out to Best Buy & picked up the 120GB XBox 360 (came with Halo 3: ODST & Forza 3) & UFC 2010. As of 2am when I finally went to sleep last night, my fighter was 10-0 with 10 (T)KOs, 8 in the 1st round, & had just put Lyoto Machida to sleep on his first PPV appearance.

I love this game!!! :happydancing:

J.B.
06-02-2010, 12:43 AM
I'm definitely loving the game for the most part, but there are some rather annoying quirks.

Submissions are a lot more complicated than I personally think they need to be. I never understood why Yukes and THQ went ahead with a right stick based sub system when they saw how miserably it failed on all the early UFC titles for older consoles. When EA's MMA game hits the market, I can't see how this title will even be able to come close considering EA's game uses "Total Punch Control" from the Fight Night series, with the left trigger acting as a "kick modifier". Also, the grappling and submissions are (from what I've gathered) controlled by various mini-games that are less akin to break your controllers and your hands than that of UFC's "shine" system, which basically sucks.

I refuse to play the online mode because THQ decided to charge $5 to use it unless you buy the game brand new (I always rent games before I buy them). Now, $5 is not a big deal, and I get WHY they do it, and why other companies are gonna start doing it. BUT SHOULDN'T THE ONLINE MODES ACTUALLY WORK IF YOU ARE GONNA TURN A PROFIT OFF IT??? So many people basically find the online system to be a total mess, full of lag and ultimately EPIC FAIL that its a slap in the face to all gamers and UFC fans that they would charge money for such nonsense.

My last gripe is kinda nit-picky, but valid nonetheless. How friggin hard would it have been for them to insert a RETRY option into the Ultimate Fights Mode? It's annoying when you are trying to finish the A-Class challenges to unlock the UFC Bonus Movies and you miss one part of the challenge and you are forced to either finish the match (and get nothing) or quit and go back to the main menu. Then, you gotta sit and wait while it wants to play all that buildup video footage over again. Yeah, you can button mash and skip it, but it still gets REAL old REAL fast.

That is all, for now. :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Yeah, the sub difficultly is ridiculous. I embarrassed myself in front of Rachelle. :muttering:

Btw, have you figured out how to unlock camp logos yet? I've learned 5-6ish moves from the HIT Squad, but still no luck.

Llamafighter
06-02-2010, 02:49 AM
I wish they would let you do career mode using a UFC fighter.

I was hoping the feature with be in this game.

Also Matt can do head kicks in this version of the game... Has Matt ever thrown a head kick?

He's thrown a few. can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure he has.

J.B.
06-02-2010, 03:02 AM
Yeah, the sub difficultly is ridiculous. I embarrassed myself in front of Rachelle. :muttering:

Btw, have you figured out how to unlock camp logos yet? I've learned 5-6ish moves from the HIT Squad, but still no luck.

No, I did a bunch of moves and still got nothing either. I'm not sure if you have to do them all or not...

Oh, and here is a tip for the subs that I read a little while ago that helped me out...

When you click RS to engage the sub, hold it in to CHARGE the sub, but DON'T START SPINNING THE STICK until you see the animation slightly change and the camera begins to zoom in...., when ou see that, then you can spin the stick clockwise and smoothly rather quickly. If you time it right you will lock in the sub with relative ease. Each submission's animation is slightly different so it takes some practice. It's also important to remember to use guys with good subs and try to beat your opponents down a little bit before making attempts...(although that doesn't help much in the cases of UFM like when you have to sub Trigg with Hughes in the first round, I'm still struggling there, lol)

VCURamFan
06-02-2010, 04:28 PM
No, I did a bunch of moves and still got nothing either. I'm not sure if you have to do them all or not...

Oh, and here is a tip for the subs that I read a little while ago that helped me out...

When you click RS to engage the sub, hold it in to CHARGE the sub, but DON'T START SPINNING THE STICK until you see the animation slightly change and the camera begins to zoom in...., when ou see that, then you can spin the stick clockwise and smoothly rather quickly. If you time it right you will lock in the sub with relative ease. Each submission's animation is slightly different so it takes some practice. It's also important to remember to use guys with good subs and try to beat your opponents down a little bit before making attempts...(although that doesn't help much in the cases of UFM like when you have to sub Trigg with Hughes in the first round, I'm still struggling there, lol)
Man, that's gonna be a pain! I've gotta get my grappling offense up to 60 so I can learn Matt's Crucifix (the game got it wrong & called it "Salaverry" :punch:)*. Of course, I wanted that move anyhow, so it's not that much of a hardship. I just wish I could be representing the HIT Squad already! It was a little awkward when I had to fight Karl Thomas (HIT Squad's in-game LHW/my Camp Invite training partner) to make it into the UFC. It was cool though, he taught me a hip toss the week before we threw down! :laugh:

Thanks for the info on the subs! Chuck Liddell KOed me last night (my first loss :cry:), so I'm gonna rematch him & choke him out.

VCURamFan
06-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Btw, I KOed Chuck in the 2nd with a lead-leg high kick. :happydancing:

Llamafighter
06-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Btw, I KOed Chuck in the 2nd with a lead-leg high kick. :happydancing:

You fought Chuck already? is this in career mode?

J.B.
06-03-2010, 05:42 PM
You fought Chuck already? is this in career mode?

If you are fighting though LHW you actually fight him kinda early, at least I did.

He got what they all got, KTFO! :laugh:

Llamafighter
06-03-2010, 05:43 PM
What'd you get him with JB?
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/p_00050.jpg

Llamafighter
06-03-2010, 05:44 PM
The graphics seem a lot better adn the fighters look more realistic.

Nice job on the shorts and banner Nate!

Who all from the HIT Squad are on the game?

J.B.
06-03-2010, 05:50 PM
The graphics seem a lot better adn the fighters look more realistic.

Nice job on the shorts and banner Nate!

Who all from the HIT Squad are on the game?

I fought him a couple times, both times I think it was a right hook.

I made my guy like 6'7 and only focused on strength, speed, cardio, and striking offense/defense. He can basically KO anybody with a few shots, but he has no strengths in anything else, so if it goes to the ground he is screwed. :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-03-2010, 07:52 PM
You fought Chuck already? is this in career mode?Yeah. I KOed Luiz Cane, Krystoff Soszynki & Lyoto Machida, was KOed by Chuck, KOed by Rampage, KOed Kristoff (again), then came back & Koed Chuck in the 2nd! :happydancing:

What'd you get him with JB?
My KOs are all either lead hooks set-up by a lead body kicks or else lead head kicks set-up by lead hooks. Those combos work well for me.

Usually I get the KOs because I've hip-tossed the side control, thrown a ton of elbows & knees to the body & once they get up they're exhausted & gassed, so they tip over as soon as I touch 'em.

Who all from the HIT Squad are on the game?Just Matt. They create a coupla of fake fighters for MW & LHW. The LHW's name is Karl Thomas.

J.B.
06-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Usually I get the KOs because I've hip-tossed the side control, thrown a ton of elbows & knees to the body & once they get up they're exhausted & gassed, so they tip over as soon as I touch 'em.

You can totally spam the CPU with knees to the body from side control. Just throw about 4 or 5, then move to north/south, then to full mount down, then back to side control, then throw more knees, then repeat. They made it pretty easy to mess a guy up like that.

VCURamFan
06-04-2010, 12:03 PM
You can totally spam the CPU with knees to the body from side control. Just throw about 4 or 5, then move to north/south, then to full mount down, then back to side control, then throw more knees, then repeat. They made it pretty easy to mess a guy up like that.
Yeah, that's how I beat Chuck the 2nd time. In the 1st fight, he kept standing up after only a coupla strikes, so in the 2nd fight, I'd do a little GnP, switch to a new position, GnP some more, switch it up again, etc.

I KOed Forrest last night, now I've got a title shot against Rashad! :happydancing:

J.B.
06-05-2010, 12:16 AM
I just realized I quoted the wrong quote from Llmafigher in my last response to him :laugh:

I popped in 2009 to see how it fared after two weeks of playing 2010 and I actually think that 09 is an overall better game. The developers at Yukes made some notable improvements in the 2010 game, but the gameplay itself lost as much as it gained in the transition. Not to say it was so much that they are two different games, but enough to say one is superior to the other.