PDA

View Full Version : Hunt of My lifetime!!!!

Rev
05-27-2010, 08:15 PM
After thinking that I would never have the chance to hunt big buck country, it is finally going to happen!!! This year I will be going to Fayette County Il. for the rut!! Let me know how close you all are and we might be able to hook up. I know that Oddtodd is close because I am hunting with him. If you have any pics of deer from that area please post them.

surveyorshawn
05-30-2010, 03:13 AM
Nothing like hunting in the midwest! You'll love it, and it will spoil you bro! I'm not sure if those guys really know how good they have it until they have to hunt somewhere else for a while, lol!

Mac
05-30-2010, 05:18 AM
After thinking that I would never have the chance to hunt big buck country, it is finally going to happen!!! This year I will be going to Fayette County Il. for the rut!! Let me know how close you all are and we might be able to hook up. I know that Oddtodd is close because I am hunting with him. If you have any pics of deer from that area please post them.

Im about 10 minutes from the Fayette County Line.

You bow hunting or shotgun ?

Rev
05-30-2010, 05:23 AM
Bow baby! Is there anything else? We need to get something to eat when I get up there dude. I will be with Todd and his cousin and I think you guys have gotten together before so that could be something we could work out.

Mac
05-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Will DO man , look me up , ill pm you my number.

Garandshooter
05-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Illinois is a great place to bow hunt, even in area's that don't have heavy woods cover. My first year out I shot 3 deer from the same tree line in between corn and bean fields. I have never Killed anything impressive as far as big bucks go, but I have seen many while not hunting.

surveyorshawn
05-31-2010, 11:34 PM
I hunted in Illinois in 2006 and got a 130" 8 pt. I really rushed the shot because my hunt was getting cut short due to work stuff back home, so I took the first nice buck to walk by. The guy who owned the place where I hunted had taken two bucks in the 180's in the past few years.

Rev
06-01-2010, 03:11 AM
pics dang it! pics i say!

Oddtodd76
06-01-2010, 10:59 AM
It is going to be a good time! Hey Rev, you don't have to worry about cottonmouths up here. I will try an d dig up some pics for ya!

surveyorshawn
06-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Here is my 2006 Illinois bowkill. He is not huge, but it was a decent one for a bow. It scored 130 and had a 20" inside spread.

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu62/akshunter70/IMG00180.jpg

In this pic, my deer is the one on the far right.

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu62/akshunter70/truckload2.jpg

Shoots like a girl
06-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Hey Rev!!! Im here in the midwest too. Terre Haute Indiana. I have no pics to share though, as I only hunt the foam animals! Good luck, we have some HUGE bucks here!! :cool:

Oddtodd76
06-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Hey Rev!!! Im here in the midwest too. Terre Haute Indiana. I have no pics to share though, as I only hunt the foam animals! Good luck, we have some HUGE bucks here!! :cool:

THat isn't far away! my brother lives in Paris, Il.

Rev
06-02-2010, 09:00 PM
I have a preacher friend in Indiana, I might have to do a midwest hunting tour!!!

Oddtodd76
06-08-2010, 01:47 AM
more deer cocaine applied tonight. clover is booming too! gonna have some nice racks this year.

VCURamFan
06-08-2010, 04:15 PM
more cocaine tonight. gonna have some nice racks this year.Drugs & surgery, Todd? :scared0011:

Oddtodd76
06-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Drugs & surgery, Todd? :scared0011:

Why else do you think Rev would drive all the way up from LA? :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Why else do you think Rev would drive all the way up from LA? :laugh:
Hey-O!!!!! :happydancing:

Rev
08-08-2010, 10:41 PM
November 3-10 are the dates. We have got to get together and do some grillin'. OddTodd keeps texting me pics of the food plots and telling me about the deer being spotted and it is killing me!!!!!!!! I cant wait to get up there. Who is going to be able to make it for a BBQ? I hope we are grilling some fresh backstrap!!!

Rev
08-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Looks like I am bringing some new toys with me when I come up. My wife just informed me that she WILL have me the Mathews Z7 for my birthday(August 26th). So i will have time to get plenty of practice in with my new bow and come up and take a BEAST with it. Also bringing my AR15 because OddTodd likes to kill things about as much as I do and he says the Coyote population needs some work and I am always willing to lend a hand to a friend.:Whistle:
This cant come fast enough.

Oh yeah, I also was told that I would have to boil some shrimp and compare Louisiana style to Ill. style.

Twinsmama
08-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Is that bow season only? will the deer be in rut? usually general gun starts down here around the 2nd to last weekend in october. the deers are usually in rut the last week of oct through the first couple of november. i'm so jealous!!! i've never even shot a bow. i shoot a .270

Oddtodd76
08-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Looks like I am bringing some new toys with me when I come up. My wife just informed me that she WILL have me the Mathews Z7 for my birthday(August 26th). So i will have time to get plenty of practice in with my new bow and come up and take a BEAST with it. Also bringing my AR15 because OddTodd likes to kill things about as much as I do and he says the Coyote population needs some work and I am always willing to lend a hand to a friend.:Whistle:
This cant come fast enough.

Oh yeah, I also was told that I would have to boil some shrimp and compare Louisiana style to Ill. style.

Is your birthday seriously Aug 26th?! That is my birthday! HAHAHAHAHA