PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you mess with a bull?

County Mike
05-24-2010, 01:39 PM
You get the horns.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/168355/JULIO-APARICIO-GORED.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/22/julio-aparicio-gored-in-t_n_585941.html

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/168354/JULIO-APARICIO-GORED.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/168353/JULIO-APARICIO-GORED.jpg

logrus
05-24-2010, 02:02 PM
thats some graphic stuff.

Silverback
05-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Thats going to leave a mark:punch::punch::Whistle::Whistle:

Spiritwalker
05-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Good for the bull... is what I want to say..

A lot of people will say.."poor bull fighter"... but what did he expect would happen as the guy stabs (at my count) 6 spears into his back...

"Oh ok.. been stabed... I shall die now"... ???

Sorry just not that into killing a fenced in animal.. and calling that a sport.

Not a huge fan of hunting.. but I can at least understand that.

If you were going to do bull fighting.. you should go out in the open, not in an arena..

Mahatma Gandhi said, “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

Now that doesn't mean that I will stop eating meat.. and maybe I am a bit of a hypocrite because I know how some animals are slaughtered..

County Mike
05-24-2010, 02:14 PM
I think if the bull wins, like this one clearly did, he should be set free in a pasture with a bunch of cows.

MattHughesRocks
05-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Wow that's crazy. And he deserved it!

VCURamFan
05-24-2010, 04:04 PM
WAR BULL!!! :happydancing:

Seriously, the things they do to the bulls before the the matadors even step into the ring is ridiculous. I mean, it'd be like telling Kos "OK, we're going to make you fight Anderson Sliva, Shogun & Brock all at once, then you have to fight a 5 round war with GSP to get the belt." I'm always glad when the bull wins. it's even better, this time, 'cause the human's not dead.

Is he? I mean, I haven't seen any other injuries or heard that he was circling the drain or anything.

flo
05-24-2010, 04:38 PM

A lot of people will say.."poor bull fighter"... but what did he expect would happen as the guy stabs (at my count) 6 spears into his back...

If you were going to do bull fighting.. you should go out in the open, not in an arena..

Mahatma Gandhi said, “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

Now that doesn't mean that I will stop eating meat.. and maybe I am a bit of a hypocrite because I know how some animals are slaughtered..

I'm with you, bro.

Hunting is one thing; it's sporting and you eat the meat. To me, bullfighting is the same as dogfighting - immoral torture of animals.

flo
05-24-2010, 04:39 PM
I think if the bull wins, like this one clearly did, he should be set free in a pasture with a bunch of cows.

Yep. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he's dead.

Bonnie
05-24-2010, 04:46 PM
That bull is probably dead. Did you see all those spears or whatever they are in his back....you know where all the blood is? But, they probably had to kill him fast to get that horn out of that guy's face. Uggggggghhhh! :scared0011:

Okay, back to the Baby Hailey and Benaiah threads for me. :laugh: Babies > than Bulls. :ninja:

:laugh:

flo
05-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Check out how long that sword is in the first picture. And there are FIVE sticking out of the bulls withers that I can see.

:mad: :thumbsdown:

Bonnie
05-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Check out how long that sword is in the first picture. And there are FIVE sticking out of the bulls withers that I can see.

:mad: :thumbsdown:

I guess it's a cultural thing, Flo. I'm with you. And, I've never understood the whole "running of the bulls" thing either. :wacko: Usually one or more of the spectators ends up getting gored in that thing. I've been to the rodeo where they stick money on the horns and people from the audience sign releases to get in the ring to try to get the bill off his horns. I think that's crazy! That bull better have a gold bullion on his horn before I get in there. :laugh:

One time, at a rodeo, they were doing this and of course people were getting run over by the bull, and all of a sudden, this young guy in front of my sister and I stands up and shouts, "This is crazy!" He was quite distressed by the whole thing. :laugh: My sister and I looked at him then looked at each other and burst out laughing. It was just so unusual to see such a reaction from such a young person (especially a guy :rolleyes:) when normally you see guys egg'n their friends on to actually do stupid stuff like that. There were women out there too. Sometimes, stupid goes both ways! :laugh:

J.B.
05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIP7wdW7EQg

:)

bj44
05-24-2010, 05:34 PM
i wonder if shane carwin had one good shot if he could ko a bull... I dont know much about a bulls anatomy but with the way there head is shaped its probably impossable.... But hey didnt Robeto duran knock out a horse? :laugh:

anyway bull fighter deserved it!!!!!

flo
05-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Good one, JB, I loved the breakfast club. IIRC, then he walks away with toilet paper hanging out of his pants. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The running of the bulls bothers me too, Bonnie. Those people need to get a life.

County Mike
05-24-2010, 05:39 PM

The article says they killed the bull immediately. That's the messed up part. They shouldn't put any arrows, spears, etc. into the bull. The bull and the matador should do their little dance. If the matador succesfully taunts and avoids the bull for the expected duration, then the bull goes to the slaughter house and becomes a meal. However, if the bull is able get a horn into the matador, the bull goes out to pasture and the matador is sent to the slaughter house instead.

Sounds fair to me.

See how many people sign up to be matadors with those rules.

Blade
05-24-2010, 05:58 PM
I guess it's a cultural thing.

Yeah well Spain is practically a Third World country, I wouldn't expect anything less from those ignorant peasants. It's a pity the bull didn't kill that greasy haired fop and all those in attendance.

bj44
05-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Yeah well Spain is practically a Third World country, I wouldn't expect anything less from those ignorant peasants. It's a pity the bull didn't kill that greasy haired fop and all those in attendance.

spain is hardly a third world country :laugh:

is america a third world country for having rodeos???

Blade
05-24-2010, 06:16 PM
spain is hardly a third world country :laugh:

It is in my eyes.

bj44
05-24-2010, 06:24 PM
It is in my eyes.

cuss of the bullfighting?.... anyone can take one horrible aspect of a country and call it third world... like the united states with its third world homicide rates.... Does that make it a third world country? absolutely not! Spain is a beautiful country with good people. Whats your bias against it????

Blade
05-24-2010, 06:38 PM
cuss of the bullfighting?.... anyone can take one horrible aspect of a country and call it third world... like the united states with its third world homicide rates.... Does that make it a third world country? absolutely not! Spain is a beautiful country with good people. Whats your bias against it????

Any country where you can't guarantee if the water is ok to drink and where the public toilets are simply a dirty hole in the ground with marks where to put your feet is Third World in my eyes.

bj44
05-24-2010, 07:16 PM
check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQOQQxfbNuY

wow this bulls has hops like Lebron james lol

Buzzard
05-24-2010, 10:04 PM

Uh oh, we seem to agree with each other on this too. What is this world coming too?

Blade
05-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Uh oh, we seem to agree with each other on this too. What is this world coming too?

Yeah I agreed with him too, it freaked me out and disturbed me, lol :tongue0011:

NateR
05-24-2010, 11:16 PM
I always root for the bulls in these, so this is cool to see. :cool:

However, I do not believe that it is in any way comparable to American rodeos, since the goal there is not to kill or torture the animal.

flo
05-25-2010, 02:21 AM
The article says they killed the bull immediately. That's the messed up part. They shouldn't put any arrows, spears, etc. into the bull. The bull and the matador should do their little dance. If the matador succesfully taunts and avoids the bull for the expected duration, then the bull goes to the slaughter house and becomes a meal. However, if the bull is able get a horn into the matador, the bull goes out to pasture and the matador is sent to the slaughter house instead.

Sounds fair to me.

See how many people sign up to be matadors with those rules.

Exactly. I'm on board for that too, Mike.

Neezar
05-25-2010, 02:32 AM

Actually he made it. Only after two surgeries though. They have an update on that link. They also have the video up. :unsure-1: Go watch it, Flo.

You too, Michelle. :laugh:

flo
05-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Yes, you cannot compare it to American Rodeos. Just take a look at the bulls they use for PBR!!! They are all well-fed and live a great life, on or off the circuit. Ditto for the broncs and calves.

Ever hear of Bodacious? He came close to killing a couple riders but instead of killing the bull, they retired him and put him out to stud. The cowboys he hurt have great admiration for him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SraIAmCL_ok

So please don't compare the deliberate, slow torture and ultimate killing of an animal with rodeo. There IS no comparison and it's an insult to riders/cowboys.

flo
05-25-2010, 02:33 AM
Yeah I agreed with him too, it freaked me out and disturbed me, lol :tongue0011:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Looks like pretty near everyone found something to agree on here.

flo
05-25-2010, 02:35 AM
Actually he made it. Only after two surgeries though. They have an update on that link. They also have the video up. :unsure-1: Go watch it, Flo.

You too, Michelle. :laugh:

Er, I meant the bull...:unsure-1:

Neezar, I forced myself to go to HuffPo and saw the video before I sent it all to my husband so he could get grossed out at work. :happydancing:

actually, I thought the stills were more horrifying than the video

Neezar
05-25-2010, 02:37 AM

Neezar, I forced myself to go to HuffPo and saw the video before I sent it all to my husband so he could get grossed out at work. :happydancing:

actually, I thought the still were more horrifying than the video

I thought they were worse, too. The actual goring was a 3 second deal. That pic just keeps on giving it to him.

Neezar
05-25-2010, 02:39 AM

actually, I thought the stills were more horrifying than the video

Yeah but you were only clear on that the second time I read it. :Whistle:

flo
05-25-2010, 02:42 AM
I thought they were worse, too. The actual goring was a 3 second deal. That pic just keeps on giving it to him.

I hadn't thought of it that way but you nailed it!

Bonnie
05-25-2010, 03:33 AM
Yes, you cannot compare it to American Rodeos. Just take a look at the bulls they use for PBR!!! They are all well-fed and live a great life, on or off the circuit. Ditto for the broncs and calves.

Ever hear of Bodacious? He came close to killing a couple riders but instead of killing the bull, they retired him and put him out to stud. The cowboys he hurt have great admiration for him!

So please don't compare the deliberate, slow torture and ultimate killing of an animal with rodeo. There IS no comparison and it's an insult to riders/cowboys.

I thought that name sounded familiar, Flo. It was from a bio on Tuff Hedeman. Here is a little more on the famous Bodacious. :)

http://wacobelle.org/bodacious.htm

Bodacious, one of the greatest bucking bulls of all time, was inducted in the ProRodeo Hall Of Fame in Colorado Springs, Colorado, on August 14, 1999. Bodacious was the PRCA Bucking Bull of the year in 1994 and 1995; in addition to being named The Bucking Bull at the National Finals Rodeo in 1992, 1994 and 1995.

The 1,900-pound Charbray bull injured some of the most talented championship bull riders in the history of the sport. Tuff Hedemen,1995 PBR World Champion, was matched with Bodacious in the final round of the 1995 Professional Bull Riders world championships. Hedemen's face collided with the back of Bodacious' head, several jumps into the ride. The impact broke every bone in the cowboy's face between his upper lip and his eyebrows. Rebuilding his face took surgeons more than six hours and six titanium plates. The damage and swelling made him almost unrecognizable. At the National Finals Rodeo (NFR) later that year, Hedeman ended up drawing Bodacious again, this time in round 7 of the NFR. Hedeman decided to turn out the bull - getting off the bull when he left the chute. He then tipped his hat to the bull, and he received a standing ovation for his decision.

Men boarded Bodacious 135 times during the four years he competed, and fewer than 10 riders managed to hang on for the entire eight seconds necessary to enter the books as an official ride. Two of them, Clint Branger and Bubba Dunn, did it twice. World champions Hedeman and Terry Don West rode him twice. Bodacious was owned by stock contractor, Sammy Andrews of Texas. Andrews retired Bodacious from competition in 1995; and Bodacious died in 2000 of natural causes at the age of 12.

Buzzard
05-25-2010, 04:03 AM
I always root for the bulls in these, so this is cool to see. :cool:

However, I do not believe that it is in any way comparable to American rodeos, since the goal there is not to kill or torture the animal.

I guess having a strap pulled super tight under your ribcage causing you to buck due to the extreme pain is all fluffy cuddle bunnies.:rolleyes:

The mistreatment of animals for human entertainment at rodeos is deplorable. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

http://animals.change.org/blog/view/are_american_rodeos_more_acceptable_than_spanish_b ullfighting

http://www.sharkonline.org/?P=0000000853

http://www.sharkonline.org/?P=0000000349

http://www.idausa.org/facts/rodeos.html

flo
05-25-2010, 05:30 AM
Yup, agree to disagree.

Bonnie, isn't that amazing? I saw a special on TNT about him, he was one ornery bull!

flo
05-25-2010, 05:32 AM
For Buzzard's enlightenment :-)

Bucking, jumping and kicking is a inborn ability that bulls exhibit naturally. All rodeo bulls, when first introduced to a rider, naturally want to get this lump of weight off of their backs, and who can blame them?

While nothing is done to 'make' the bulls buck, there are ways to encourage this ability and give the animal incentive to buck as hard and effectively as possible. This is accomplished by the use of a specially designed device known as the flank strap.

Despite what you hear from certain 'animal rights' activists, this strap does not induce pain, it works off of pressure, just like a lead chain for a dog or a bit in a saddle horses mouth. In fact the flank strap is tightened in the same way you cinch a girth on a riding saddle, except that the flank has a quick release. Nothing is done to intentionally hurt the bucking stock.

This includes binding of testicles (a popular lie spread by certain groups against rodeo), drugging, beating, burning, etc.

After the ride is over the bull usually stops bucking, as the riders weight is gone.

These animals are the life blood of the stock contractors business and the rodeo cowboys livelihood. It is in the best interest of everyone that these animals are protected. Rodeo is a dangerous sport and accidents do happen, but there are more rules in place governing the safety of the livestock than the competitors themselves.

Most of the propaganda against rodeo is spread by the misunderstanding of these simple facts. Most people who are vehemently opposed to rodeo really don't know anything about it or animals for that matter. Cowboys and cowgirls understand the power of bucking bulls and a mutual respect develops between the animals and competitors

flo
05-25-2010, 05:35 AM
Although, Buzzard, I totally agree with you about the mistreatment of animals for human entertainment.

VCURamFan
05-25-2010, 01:24 PM
REDEO'S ARE HORRIBLE & RIDICULOUS. WATCHING IT IS LIKE WATCHING BULL COCKFIGHTING!

can I have your vote for President? :laugh: