PDA

View Full Version : Moosin (Death of Tim Sylvia?)

atomdanger
05-21-2010, 06:03 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2d71gn.jpg

MAIN CARD
Tim Sylvia (305) vs. Mariusz Pudzianowski (273)
Travis Wiuff (253) vs. Josh Barnes (262)
Travis Lutter (185) vs. Rafael Natal (185)
Yves Edwards (157) vs. Mike Campbell (156)
Tara LaRosa (129) vs. Roxanne Modafferi (128)

PRELIMINARY CARD
Ho Jin Kim (196) vs. Lukasz Jurkowski (214)
Ralph Johnson (171) vs. Forrest Petz (170.5)
Matt Lee (170.5) vs. Brett Oteri (175.5)
Frederic Belleton (185) vs. Anthony Lapsley (185)
Paul Barry (245) vs. Stipe Miocic (241)

Actually some good fights on this card,
anybody else getting it?

Spiritwalker
05-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Isn't this one free on Showtime?

atomdanger
05-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Isn't this one free on Showtime?

PPV.
30 bones.

VCURamFan
05-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Actually some good fights on this card,
anybody else getting it?
Yeah, if Justin.tv has a channel showing it, I'll be watching. It's The Mini-Hulk vs. The Giant Doughboy! :happydancing:

atomdanger
05-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah, if Justin.tv has a channel showing it, I'll be watching. It's The Mini-Hulk vs. The Giant Doughboy! :happydancing:

I actually think there will be some good fights

VCURamFan
05-21-2010, 07:02 PM
I actually think there will be some good fights
Me too. I think Sylvia's going to expose to the uneducated just how inexperienced Mariusz is & he'll decide to stick to WSM from here on out. I'll be impressed if MMA doesn't lose its luster for him after this fight.

VCURamFan
05-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Article from MMAFighting.com (important stuff in bold):

You can tell a lot about an athlete by how he responds to a tough loss. You can certainly tell a lot about Tim Sylvia (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/Tim+Sylvia/) by the way he has responded to his tough loss to Fedor Emelianenko (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/Fedor+Emelianenko/) two years ago. And if you're a fan of Sylvia's (which I once was), he's telling you something about himself that you'd probably rather not know.

We'll find out a little more about Sylvia when he fights former World's Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/Mariusz+Pudzianowski/) on Friday night, but for now I'm more interested in what we found out Thursday when Sylvia stepped on the scale for the weigh-in at 305 pounds (http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/05/21/moosin-weigh-in-results-tim-sylvia-305-marius-pudzianowski-273/).

Basically, what we found out is that Tim Sylvia is a man who doesn't care enough to get into shape, a man not willing to put in the work to be the best, a man who would rather fight inexperienced opponents in freak shows than push himself to the point where he'd be fighting at a championship level again.

Sylvia actually wrote on Twitter that he's lost about 25 pounds (http://twitter.com/Timsylviamma/status/14396340680), which he may think is an accomplishment but is in reality an indictment: So he once weighed 330?

That's about 70 pounds more than he would weigh if he really wanted to be the best fighter he could be. When Sylvia last successfully defended the UFC heavyweight title, at UFC 65, he weighed in at 262.5 pounds (http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2960&zoneid=13). When he beat Andrei Arlovski at UFC 61 he weighed in at 258.5 (http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/event/UFC-61-ampquotBitter-Rivalsampquot-Weigh-in-Pictures-4981). When he beat Arlovski at UFC 59 you could actually see some definition in his upper body (http://modules.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia.GalleryImgDetail&gid=122&aid=3661&return=fa%3DMultiMedia.GalleryImgList%26gid%3D122) .

If Sylvia cared he'd still be a muscular 260-pounder. Instead he's a flabby 305-pounder.

Maybe you think I'm being too hard on Sylvia here, and that judging a fighter by how he looks or how much he weighs is the wrong approach.Maybe you think the fact that Sylvia beat Jason Riley by first-round TKO in his most recent fight is evidence that Sylvia is on the comeback trail.

But if you're wondering how big an accomplishment it is to TKO Jason Riley, consider that in Riley's most recent fight, against a 13-7-1 fighter named Devin Cole, he got TKO'd in 14 seconds. And I don't even want to get into Sylvia's nine-second knockout loss to Ray Mercer last year.

I'll be watching Sylvia vs. Pudzianowski on Friday night, and I'll be hoping to see some signs that Sylvia, at age 34, wants to be a great fighter again. But I'm not very optimistic. I think Sylvia has shown us with his physique that he's done trying to be great. Is Tim still training at MFS? How in the world is Pat letting him get away with all this? I think that, apparent lack of drive aside, Tim will expose Mariusz tonight.

Bobby71
05-21-2010, 07:17 PM
If it was 10 or 15 bucks, I would buy it, but not 30.

atomdanger
05-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Me too. I think Sylvia's going to expose to the uneducated just how inexperienced Mariusz is & he'll decide to stick to WSM from here on out. I'll be impressed if MMA doesn't lose its luster for him after this fight.

I think the opposite.
Tim couldn't get under 300lbs for this fight,
let alone near HW.

He has been doing martial arts since he was 11,
and is obviously a superior athlete to Tim.

VCURamFan
05-21-2010, 07:43 PM
I think the opposite.
Tim couldn't get under 300lbs for this fight,
let alone near HW.

He has been doing martial arts since he was 11,
and is obviously a superior athlete to Tim.
Did you watch his last fight? Yes, he's a superior athlete, but Tim's still a superior Mixed Martial Artist. Mariusz is Tank Abbott with muscle definition: he's throw powerful, sloppy strikes for a minute or two, then gasses & looks to hold onto his opponent until he stops hyper-ventilating long enough to fall throw some more sloppy punches. Sylvia beat a much better MMArtist with a very similar build (Jeff Monson) and was able to avoid Jeff's takedowns easily by employing his jab, sprawling & circling. Even though he's in much worse shape now, Mariusz is nowhere near as proficient as Jeff. The only takedowns I've seen him execute are from the bear-hug, & are either a simple hip toss or else an "I'm falling & you're coming with me". This should be an easy win for Timmy.

Please note: should be an easy win. IF he watched tape, it'd be easy to gameplan against Mariusz (circling to right at all times, jabbing at all times, avoiding the clinch at all times, etc.). IF he has the right gameplan, it'd be a pretty straightforward camp. IF it's a straightforward camp, it'd be easy to get in shape. Problem is that since we know he's not in shape, that throws into question the previous 3 steps.

This should be an easy win for Timmy. If not, it'll be an embarrassing loss.

atomdanger
05-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Did you watch his last fight? Yes, he's a superior athlete, but Tim's still a superior Mixed Martial Artist. Mariusz is Tank Abbott with muscle definition: he's throw powerful, sloppy strikes for a minute or two, then gasses & looks to hold onto his opponent until he stops hyper-ventilating long enough to fall throw some more sloppy punches. Sylvia beat a much better MMArtist with a very similar build (Jeff Monson) and was able to avoid Jeff's takedowns easily by employing his jab, sprawling & circling. Even though he's in much worse shape now, Mariusz is nowhere near as proficient as Jeff. The only takedowns I've seen him execute are from the bear-hug, & are either a simple hip toss or else an "I'm falling & you're coming with me". This should be an easy win for Timmy.

Please note: should be an easy win. IF he watched tape, it'd be easy to gameplan against Mariusz (circling to right at all times, jabbing at all times, avoiding the clinch at all times, etc.). IF he has the right gameplan, it'd be a pretty straightforward camp. IF it's a straightforward camp, it'd be easy to get in shape. Problem is that since we know he's not in shape, that throws into question the previous 3 steps.

This should be an easy win for Timmy. If not, it'll be an embarrassing loss.

Right, Tim did beat Jeff Monson,
but Jeff is 5 foot 8 and that was 4 years ago.

I agree an in shape, prepared Tim would roll over Marius,
but that isn't the Tim who showed up.
I don't even know where / when Tim is training.

VCURamFan
05-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Right, Tim did beat Jeff Monson,
but Jeff is 5 foot 8 and that was 4 years ago.

I agree an in shape, prepared Tim would roll over Marius,
but that isn't the Tim who showed up.
I don't even know where / when Tim is training.
Yeah, but even the with Tim's decline in 4yrs, I still don't think that makes up for the gap between Jeff & Mariusz's game.

TBH, I don't even think Tim would need to be that in shape if he were well prepared. However, knowing Tim, if he's not in shape, he's not prepared, either.

I'm still rooting for him, though.

Crisco
05-22-2010, 12:20 AM
From what I hear and I'm not saying it's true but it seems Pat is a bit more about his money now then training pro fighters. If you think about it with his name and gym he probably makes more off your average joe contract then really training pro fighters it's also less work for him.

J.B.
05-22-2010, 03:52 AM
Sylvia is alive and well. :laugh:

Mariusz looked okay for the first 20 seconds. It was all downhill from there.

donaldbreland
05-22-2010, 05:35 AM
The fights were pretty good. The commentating sucked bad. Very bad comics. Travis Lutter looked like he did against Franklin. Sylvia looked like a contender again and actually looked stronger than Pud. I know I will get criticized for saying this but Sylvia got into a decent camp that made him loose a little weight he could be a force still in the UFC. He looked very sharp.

flo
05-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Shoot, I wish I had gotten this fight...for some reason I thought it was tomorrow. :sad:

I'm so glad Tim won, woohoo! :happydancing:

What happened with Travis? Do you all think he's just too old?

atomdanger
05-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Fights were great, commentating was HORRIBLE.

The only person I hate to see win other than GSP is Tim Sylvia.
Blah, lame.

cubsfan47
05-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Shoot, I wish I had gotten this fight...for some reason I thought it was tomorrow. :sad:

So did I. :ashamed::ashamed::laugh:

Bobby71
05-22-2010, 01:07 PM
The fights were pretty good. The commentating sucked bad. Very bad comics. Travis Lutter looked like he did against Franklin. Sylvia looked like a contender again and actually looked stronger than Pud. I know I will get criticized for saying this but Sylvia got into a decent camp that made him loose a little weight he could be a force still in the UFC. He looked very sharp.

UFC, no, no way. He gets beat down by Cain, JDS, Brock, Carwin, Mir, and probably even Roy Nelson, Kongo, and Pat Berry.

Strikeforce is where he belongs, he still loses to the top fighters there, but it's at least more competitive there, imo.

donaldbreland
05-22-2010, 03:04 PM
UFC, no, no way. He gets beat down by Cain, JDS, Brock, Carwin, Mir, and probably even Roy Nelson, Kongo, and Pat Berry.

Strikeforce is where he belongs, he still loses to the top fighters there, but it's at least more competitive there, imo.

you are crazy. Tim is a very dangerous fighter when prepared. Last night he was stronger than the worlds strongest man. He didn't look tired or sloppy at all. I think he takes JDS, Cain, Mir, Nelson, Kongo and Berry. To me Berry is not a top20 heavyweight.

donaldbreland
05-22-2010, 03:07 PM

Lutters problem is gassing. He needs to work on his cardio. He should switch camps. I don;t know where he should train but his own gym isn;t cutting it. He is too good of a fighter to gas out like that.

J.B.
05-22-2010, 04:10 PM
you are crazy. Tim is a very dangerous fighter when prepared. Last night he was stronger than the worlds strongest man. He didn't look tired or sloppy at all. I think he takes JDS, Cain, Mir, Nelson, Kongo and Berry. To me Berry is not a top20 heavyweight.

:laugh:

Let's be honest here, that guy gassed out in the first minute of the fight, and while Tim did win (like he was supposed to), he still looked out of shape and the Sylvia of 4 years ago would have finished that fight a lot quicker.

You can't possibly think that just because Sylvia beat a muscle-bound punching bag with no gas-tank that he should be back in the mix with the top competition in the world.

Mir has already beaten Tim, and I think Cain Velasquez would probably retire Sylvia at this point. I like Roy Nelson's chances in just about any fight, but Tim's size could be a problem if they ever fought (even though we saw what happened when Nelson fought a much bigger man in Stefan Struve). Also, let's not forget that while Tim did come out and do what he was supposed to do against the highly outmatched and highly under-experienced Mariusz , it was only two fights ago that he got knocked out cold in 9 seconds by an old, out of shape boxer in Ray Mercer who only had 1 fight on his resume and it was a LOSS to KIMBO!

I realize Tim is a game fighter, and he does present somewhat of a "name" because of his earlier success in the UFC, but he is gonna have to look more impressive against better competition if he wants people to forget that his fights against Fedor and Mercer combined didn't even last one minute, and both of them had the same result. A three fight losing streak is bad, but having two of those be 1st round KO's is almost impossible to ever fully come back from in the twilight of a fighter's career.

atomdanger
05-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Lutters problem is gassing. He needs to work on his cardio. He should switch camps. I don;t know where he should train but his own gym isn;t cutting it. He is too good of a fighter to gas out like that.

WHY ON EARTH or HOW ON EARTH does Lutter have all the money to train full time but can gas in 2 minutes, literally 120 seconds. HOW THE EFF IS THAT POSSIBLE? Does this guy literally crawl around all day?

flo
05-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the reply, Donald.

Blade
05-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Pudza almost made GSP look aggressive in that fight. And it should be noted that, despite Sylvia claiming after the fight that he sees himself as a legend of mma, he still sucks. Even though Pudza was inept he could have still won that fight if, instead of trying to cling to Sylvia like a roided up sloth, he'd have actually thrown punches to the face/head just after the takedown when Sylvia was on his knees and trying to stand up.

Bobby71
05-22-2010, 08:43 PM
WHY ON EARTH or HOW ON EARTH does Lutter have all the money to train full time but can gas in 2 minutes, literally 120 seconds. HOW THE EFF IS THAT POSSIBLE? Does this guy literally crawl around all day?

I like Lutter, but lol!

Crisco
05-23-2010, 08:21 PM
:laugh:

Let's be honest here, that guy gassed out in the first minute of the fight, and while Tim did win (like he was supposed to), he still looked out of shape and the Sylvia of 4 years ago would have finished that fight a lot quicker.

You can't possibly think that just because Sylvia beat a muscle-bound punching bag with no gas-tank that he should be back in the mix with the top competition in the world.

Mir has already beaten Tim, and I think Cain Velasquez would probably retire Sylvia at this point. I like Roy Nelson's chances in just about any fight, but Tim's size could be a problem if they ever fought (even though we saw what happened when Nelson fought a much bigger man in Stefan Struve). Also, let's not forget that while Tim did come out and do what he was supposed to do against the highly outmatched and highly under-experienced Mariusz , it was only two fights ago that he got knocked out cold in 9 seconds by an old, out of shape boxer in Ray Mercer who only had 1 fight on his resume and it was a LOSS to KIMBO!

I realize Tim is a game fighter, and he does present somewhat of a "name" because of his earlier success in the UFC, but he is gonna have to look more impressive against better competition if he wants people to forget that his fights against Fedor and Mercer combined didn't even last one minute, and both of them had the same result. A three fight losing streak is bad, but having two of those be 1st round KO's is almost impossible to ever fully come back from in the twilight of a fighter's career.

Getting Ko'd in 9 seconds is never an indicator of your ability or anything else other then you got caught.

Mercer has been boxing his whole life and MMA experience became irrelevant because in those 9 seconds mercer did exactly what he's been doing his whole life which is punch Tim.

Tim needs to get his **** together, get his ass over to the Hit Squad let Fiore whip his fat ass back to fight weight and go from there. Dude is a game fighter and if he can harness the power to put down the fork I see Tim making a come back. He has the skill set to beat any Heavy weight on the right day.

J.B.
05-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Getting Ko'd in 9 seconds is never an indicator of your ability or anything else other then you got caught.

Mercer has been boxing his whole life and MMA experience became irrelevant because in those 9 seconds mercer did exactly what he's been doing his whole life which is punch Tim.

Tim needs to get his **** together, get his ass over to the Hit Squad let Fiore whip his fat ass back to fight weight and go from there. Dude is a game fighter and if he can harness the power to put down the fork I see Tim making a come back. He has the skill set to beat any Heavy weight on the right day.

Ko'd in 9 seconds, and then KO'd in 36 seconds is an indicator of a fighters jaw weakening, especially when they are near the end of their careers.

It's easy to say, "well Mercer was a boxer his whole life". That may be true, but it also has nothing to do the fact that it put another notch in the loss column for Sylvia. Fighters who have already been to the top, and then fallen from grace can't exactly afford to have 3 losses in a row, and they certainly can't afford to be KO'd by a guy who is 0-1 in MMA in a shorter amount of time than it takes the best HW in the world (Fedor) to beat him.

Don't get me wrong though, because I like Tim, and I also said that Tim is a "game" fighter. However, the idea that he is somehow going to make a comeback seems pretty far-fetched. It has a lot less to do with "putting down the fork" and lot more with picking up the passion in my opinion. I don't know Tim personally, but as a fan watching his last few fights, he just doesn't seem to have the fire he had when he was the UFC champion.

Crisco
05-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Ko'd in 9 seconds, and then KO'd in 36 seconds is an indicator of a fighters jaw weakening, especially when they are near the end of their careers.

It's easy to say, "well Mercer was a boxer his whole life". That may be true, but it also has nothing to do the fact that it put another notch in the loss column for Sylvia. Fighters who have already been to the top, and then fallen from grace can't exactly afford to have 3 losses in a row, and they certainly can't afford to be KO'd by a guy who is 0-1 in MMA in a shorter amount of time than it takes the best HW in the world (Fedor) to beat him.

Don't get me wrong though, because I like Tim, and I also said that Tim is a "game" fighter. However, the idea that he is somehow going to make a comeback seems pretty far-fetched. It has a lot less to do with "putting down the fork" and lot more with picking up the passion in my opinion. I don't know Tim personally, but as a fan watching his last few fights, he just doesn't seem to have the fire he had when he was the UFC champion.

Solid post but a loss to Fedor doesn't count IMO lol it is kind of implied that you will lose when you fight him haha

Tyburn
05-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Article from MMAFighting.com (important stuff in bold):

Is Tim still training at MFS? How in the world is Pat letting him get away with all this? I think that, apparent lack of drive aside, Tim will expose Mariusz tonight.

How often do you think Patrick is at MFS, and how often do you think he teaches when he is there?

I tell you, Patrick Miletich is an insanely busy person, but possibly not in the same way he was say ten years ago. I rather get the impression, that at least as of eight months ago, Patrick was else where a large proportion of the time.

I am also not convinced that Tim Sylvia is anything like full time at Miletich Fighting Systems. I am not even confident he lives instate anymore. He sure as hell doesnt commute from Maine :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
05-24-2010, 02:22 AM
I can't find the thread I wanted to post this in so I'm posting it here:laugh: Tim's fight. He's looking BETTER but not GREAT. He needs to lose some of that...ummmm...baby fat that's on the back of that head to really do it to it. But I was excited watching Tim instead of horrified. First time in a long time it seems.Congrats Tim! :happydancing:http://www.examiner.com/x-18547-Nashville-MMA-Examiner~y2010m5d22-Tim-Sylvia-vs-Mariusz-Pudzianowski-fight-video

VCURamFan
05-24-2010, 04:22 PM
I can't find the thread I wanted to post this in so I'm posting it here:laugh: Tim's fight. He's looking BETTER but not GREAT. He needs to lose some of that...ummmm...baby fat that's on the back of that head to really do it to it. But I was excited watching Tim instead of horrified. First time in a long time it seems.Congrats Tim! :happydancing:http://www.examiner.com/x-18547-Nashville-MMA-Examiner~y2010m5d22-Tim-Sylvia-vs-Mariusz-Pudzianowski-fight-video
The scary part is that Tim said he lost 25lbs for this fight. If you weigh-in at 305, & that's -25lbs, you were sitting around at 330????

What happened to your old Champion days when you weighed-in at 258??? :blink:

logrus
05-24-2010, 08:18 PM
The scary part is that Tim said he lost 25lbs for this fight. If you weigh-in at 305, & that's -25lbs, you were sitting around at 330????

What happened to your old Champion days when you weighed-in at 258??? :blink:

I watched the fight, Tim looked like a joke which was sad because he was leaps and bonds above Puz in skill and experience, his kicks were a joke and his punches had nothing on them,

What a washed up fighter, :sad:

donaldbreland
05-24-2010, 10:09 PM
I watched the fight, Tim looked like a joke which was sad because he was leaps and bonds above Puz in skill and experience, his kicks were a joke and his punches had nothing on them,

What ever dude. Maybe just maybe that Pud can take a shot. Tim looked to be in pretty good shape for a guy that was fighting at 303 lbs. My goodness man that is Offensive line material in the NFL. Him coming in at 303 lbs is not right but in a way I can see why he did it. He felt he could be stronger by not beating his body up during training and relied on his skills to win this fight. The first thing I wouldn't want to do is come in weak like someone who cuts 50lbs before a fight. Tim is catching a bunch of slack for getting K/O in two fights. Think about this for one minute. He lost to Ray Mercer. He rushed Ray and that is one thing you never do to a boxer. Then he got K/O by Fedor. That doesn't need explained. In the Mercer fight again Tim was going through some personal issues. Don't know for sure but he looked it. Tim is still a great fighter and deserves to be in the UFC. I think if any heavyweight deserves a second chance it's him. Plus I would like to see him fight Matt Mitrione.

Dana bring back the Giant.

bj44
05-24-2010, 10:22 PM
What ever dude. Maybe just maybe that Pud can take a shot. Tim looked to be in pretty good shape for a guy that was fighting at 303 lbs. My goodness man that is Offensive line material in the NFL. Him coming in at 303 lbs is not right but in a way I can see why he did it. He felt he could be stronger by not beating his body up during training and relied on his skills to win this fight. The first thing I wouldn't want to do is come in weak like someone who cuts 50lbs before a fight. Tim is catching a bunch of slack for getting K/O in two fights. Think about this for one minute. He lost to Ray Mercer. He rushed Ray and that is one thing you never do to a boxer. Then he got K/O by Fedor. That doesn't need explained. In the Mercer fight again Tim was going through some personal issues. Don't know for sure but he looked it. Tim is still a great fighter and deserves to be in the UFC. I think if any heavyweight deserves a second chance it's him. Plus I would like to see him fight Matt Mitrione.

I dont get how you say Fedor would get beat by mir, carwin, lesnar etc but then say Tim is a top 5-10 mma talent. Doesnt make much sense to me :Whistle:

J.B.
05-24-2010, 11:07 PM

Tim Sylvia didn't rush Mercer at all. He came out and threw one weak leg kick and then circled around and threw a weak jab. As soon as he threw the jab Mercer was already throwing a short right hook that knocked Tim out cold. Kimbo Slice on the other hand actually DID rush into Mercer and even stood and banged with Ray before getting it to the ground and making Mercer tap out.

Sylvia cannot have 3 losses in a row like that after already falling from grace and expect to get back in the UFC with two wins against sub par competition. Especially not considering how out of shape he looks. Sorry, I can't agree with you Don.

donaldbreland
05-25-2010, 01:33 AM
I dont get how you say Fedor would get beat by mir, carwin, lesnar etc but then say Tim is a top 5-10 mma talent. Doesnt make much sense to me :Whistle:

When did I say Fedor would get beat by Mir. If I ever said that I must of been pulling a leg. I do think that Fedor would get dominated by Lesner. I don't think Fedor is as good as y'all make him out to be. To be honest he will have his hands full with Werdum. I think carwin would get knocked out within the first two minutes against Fedor. I want to see Fedor in the UFC to see where he truly stands as a heavyweight. I honestly think the UFC is too big and strong for Fedor.

J.B

If you ever watch Timmy fight he always plays the aggressor at the start of a fight. I am talking about how straight forward he is. I didn't mean to say he rushed in, what I meant to say was he came at Mercer and then got knocked out. Mercer is powerful enough to knock your lights out. That's exactly what happened to Sylvia.

J.B.
05-25-2010, 02:19 AM
When did I say Fedor would get beat by Mir. If I ever said that I must of been pulling a leg. I do think that Fedor would get dominated by Lesner. I don't think Fedor is as good as y'all make him out to be. To be honest he will have his hands full with Werdum. I think carwin would get knocked out within the first two minutes against Fedor. I want to see Fedor in the UFC to see where he truly stands as a heavyweight. I honestly think the UFC is too big and strong for Fedor.

J.B

If you ever watch Timmy fight he always plays the aggressor at the start of a fight. I am talking about how straight forward he is. I didn't mean to say he rushed in, what I meant to say was he came at Mercer and then got knocked out. Mercer is powerful enough to knock your lights out. That's exactly what happened to Sylvia.

Of course Mercer is powerful, but Kimbo Slice came right at him and didn't get knocked out in 10 seconds, that was my point.

You are downplaying Tim's recent KO losses and I don't think you can do that with a fighter at that stage in their career. Had Tim really looked in shape, and had his last two fights been against quality opponents then I wouldn't have a problem with seeing him get another shot, but that has not been the case. If he gets into shape and gets some quality wins under his belt I think it would be interesting to see him come back, but I'm just not sure he would fare too well.

logrus
05-25-2010, 04:25 AM
Tim Sylvia didn't rush Mercer at all. He came out and threw one weak leg kick and then circled around and threw a weak jab. As soon as he threw the jab Mercer was already throwing a short right hook that knocked Tim out cold. Kimbo Slice on the other hand actually DID rush into Mercer and even stood and banged with Ray before getting it to the ground and making Mercer tap out.

Sylvia cannot have 3 losses in a row like that after already falling from grace and expect to get back in the UFC with two wins against sub par competition. Especially not considering how out of shape he looks. Sorry, I can't agree with you Don.

An thus agreeing with me in your nice short of way lol.

MattHughesRocks
05-25-2010, 05:12 AM
Hey! He can turn this losing streak around you know!
:unsure-1:

Dethbob
05-26-2010, 02:11 PM
According to Sherdog's power ratings, Tim Sylvia is now the most powerful super heavyweight in the world.
http://www.sherdog.com/stats/powerratings

VCURamFan
05-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Sylvia interview:

I [weighed 305] on purpose. I wanted to be heavy for the fight. I wanted to be as big as he was. Ö When we took the fight, he was 336 pounds and then he was 300 during the press conferences we were doing. He lost another 23 pounds between the press conferences and when it came to the actual fight day. I actually hit 285 during training and then I just went back to eating five times a day again ... I am who I am. Iíve made statements and stuff. If you hate me, I hate you. I donít care. I donít care if you donít like me, to be honest with you. Thatís just the way it is. Iím not going to change for anybody. Iím not going to kiss peopleís butts and so on and so forth. Thatís just not me. Iím from the East Coast, and thatís just the way weíre all brought up."

VCURamFan
06-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Dunno why the payout info is arriving so late, but here it is:

Tim Sylvia: $50,000 def. Mariusz Pudzianowski: $110,000
Travis Wiuff: $10,000 def. Josh Barnes: $3,400
Rafael Natal: $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus) def. Travis Lutter: $4,000
Mike Campbell: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus) def. Yves Edwards: $3,000
Roxy Modafferi: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus)def. Tara LaRosa: $2,500
Lukasz "Juras" Jurkowski: $3,500def. Ho Jin Kim: $3,000
Forrest Petz: $4,000 (includes $2,000 win bonus) def. Ralph Johnson: $1,200
Matt Lee: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Brett Oteri: $1,000
Anthony Lapsley: $2,000(includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Fred Belleton: $2,000
Stipe Miocic: $2,000(includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Paul Barry: $1,500

The Moosin event dished out $237,100 in fighter salaries and sold 3,919 tickets.

Full article - http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/8/1507011/moosin-mma-salaries-tim-sylvia-the

atomdanger
06-09-2010, 07:38 AM
I actually liked Moosin's production I hope they do another show soon