02-23-2009, 02:37 AM
http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/?p=1041

MattHughesRocks
02-23-2009, 02:40 AM
What a little asshole I hate him

Hughes_GOAT
02-23-2009, 02:59 AM
What a little asshole I hate him

good.....release all your hatred. only then will your journey to the Darkside be complete.

F34R
02-23-2009, 03:00 AM
I strongly dislike him. Hate is a word I'm not willing to throw around sparingly lol.

MattHughesRocks
02-23-2009, 03:01 AM
k :unsure-1:

good.....release all your hatred. only then will your journey to the Darkside be complete.

Hughes_GOAT
02-23-2009, 03:05 AM
k :unsure-1:

tap into your emotion-filled/hateful energies :cool:

MattHughesRocks
02-23-2009, 03:09 AM
Come to think of it....I don't really have any anymore. Thanks GOD for that :party0006:

tap into your emotion-filled/hateful energies :cool:

Hughes_GOAT
02-23-2009, 03:11 AM
Come to think of it....I don't really have any anymore. Thanks GOD for that :party0006:

keep telling yourself that :tongue0011:

que
02-23-2009, 04:04 AM
lol

that would probably be my reaction too if i thought it was stopped prematurely

unfortunately it was a good stoppage, though

MattHughesRocks
02-23-2009, 05:04 AM
Maybe he was still reeling.........

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/PauloThiagoKnockoutsJoshKoscheckUFC.gif

billwilliams70
02-23-2009, 05:09 AM
lol
that would probably be my reaction too if i thought it was stopped prematurely
unfortunately it was a good stoppage, though
I thought the very same thing.....my initial reaction was that it was stopped too early, but I after watching the replays a bit.....I came to see that it was a good stoppage. Koscheck was in a position to be the recipient of some punches thrown with "bad intentions" as Mike Tyson used to say.

Later.

Hughes_GOAT
02-23-2009, 05:11 AM
see, like i said, the uppercut put him out but the follow up woke him. when the uppercut lands, his arms drop like he's out, then the left hook woke him up. you can see him sit up and then lay back anticipating Thiago going into his guard but the ref stopped it.

matthughesfan21
02-23-2009, 05:18 AM
it didn't look that bad to me, but I still don't like him

Jonlion
02-23-2009, 09:26 AM
I thought he was recovering. Yeah still may have been stopped but i think a fighter on his level deserved the chance even if it meant eating another punch.

And cmon we know in many many fights, and especially refs like Big John have let fighters with a more time to get back in.

How can you call Koscheck an arsehole for having the hump. Even if the stoppage is right, in his mind it isnt, so his got KO'd, the fight is lost, he has to work now another 18 months to get back into contention again. I would be hugely frustrated.

On top of that, we ALL know on here how journalists twist things, yeah he is being all polite and meekly asking but the'll twist and scandalise your words as soon as they can. So i dont blame Josh for controlling himself from saying something stupid in the heat of the moment. it was smart

Llamafighter
02-23-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm wishing now that the ref would have let paulo land another shot while Kos had has hands on the ground and his chin pointing to the rafters. Then maybe he'd accept the loss.
I like how his coach says "we've been to 100 UFC's and they never stopped it like that". How many signs were there around the building that said UFC 95

rockdawg21
02-23-2009, 01:23 PM
I like Kos and wanted him to win. At first, I thought it looked like a premature stoppage, but then I saw the replay and his eyes were rolled into the back of his head. He may have recovered before Thiago got to him, but he was out. Good stoppage by the ref.

Champ2be
02-23-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm wishing now that the ref would have let paulo land another shot while Kos had has hands on the ground and his chin pointing to the rafters. Then maybe he'd accept the loss.
I like how his coach says "we've been to 100 UFC's and they never stopped it like that". How many signs were there around the building that said UFC 95

Obviously it's just an expression, he's pissed so he's not gonna say, "we have been to 46 UFC's." They are just venting, I would be pissed too.

Llamafighter
02-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Obviously it's just an expression, he's pissed so he's not gonna say, "we have been to 46 UFC's." They are just venting, I would be pissed too.

Yeah I understand what he meant.

Yeah, I'd be pissed that my fighter got overconfident and got hit with a lead uppercut too!
That wasn't a bad stoppage, and Kos and his team should suck it up. No matter how hard they cry or whine the loss is there and it's not going anywhere. I know it's got to be a huge disappointment after all the training, but he's not going anywhere and all this is doing is showing his ass.

CAVEMAN
02-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Clearly a good stoppage from the ref. Kos was out after that uppercut.
The little braze from the hook woke him back up. But he was definitely ko'd after that uppercut!

GroundNPound
02-23-2009, 02:33 PM
I didn't mind the stoppage. He got caught it happens. More than likely he would have eaten 3 more punches before the ref jumped in. :wacko:

Champ2be
02-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Yeah I understand what he meant.

Yeah, I'd be pissed that my fighter got overconfident and got hit with a lead uppercut too!
That wasn't a bad stoppage, and Kos and his team should suck it up. No matter how hard they cry or whine the loss is there and it's not going anywhere. I know it's got to be a huge disappointment after all the training, but he's not going anywhere and all this is doing is showing his ass.

I really didnt think he was acting like an ass in that video, it was expected the way he acted. He was just pissed. Have you ever seen Mark Colemans reaction to loss to fedor? :unsure: Now that was a temper tantrum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oCnqy8Klaw HEAVY HEAVY LANGUAGE!!!! So watch at own risk,lol.

TheConcretekid
02-23-2009, 03:23 PM
"Throwing a tantrum" might be a little much...

You got to see if from his point of view. There is a nerve bewteen your jaw and your skull and when you get hit on the chin like that it pinches this nerve which cause you to black out and your knees to buckle. And during this time you can't defend yourself, thus the ref stoppage. A 100% correct and timely stoppage in my opinion.

But to Kos, it was: "Oh man, I'm picking apart this BJJ guy, after this fight, I'll take on another WW and get my shot at GSP again. Me and Fitch did the better against GSP than anyone else, I think I can take him this time and then I'll be able to... Why the hell did you stop the fight, ref??"

After you recover from this little black out you are basically 100% back to normal, esp in this case, as it wasnt a terribly hard uppercut, just one that was right on the button. So after the ref stopped it Kos was 100% fine, thus he was a little upset. But if the ref didnt stop it then, Thiago wouldve been on him and landing 3 or 4 more blows and Kos wouldve been asleep for at least a couple minutes, and he would not have been 100% fine upon waking up.

But his reaction isnt anything too surprising, as has been said before; he trained for months, he was utterly winning the fight and then he gets caught, the ref stops it, and immediately after the stoppage Kos is 100% ready to continue fighting, I'd be pissed too.

Spiritwalker
02-23-2009, 03:31 PM

ahahahahahaahhaahah..... I can't wait to watch it when I get home from work!!!!

never liked him.. he seemed to be maturing a good bit after his last fight..

Guess I was wrong.

Spiritwalker
02-23-2009, 03:35 PM

Ding Ding!!!! Teh! winnar!!!!

bradwright
02-23-2009, 03:38 PM
thats throwing a tantrum? i really dont like him but come on now,

Preach
02-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Good stoppage and might I say it made my night to see him fold

Llamafighter
02-23-2009, 04:41 PM
I really didnt think he was acting like an ass in that video, it was expected the way he acted. He was just pissed. Have you ever seen Mark Colemans reaction to loss to fedor? :unsure: Now that was a temper tantrum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oCnqy8Klaw HEAVY HEAVY LANGUAGE!!!! So watch at own risk,lol.

Yeah that one is hilarious! It's obviously some sort of roid rage.
All I can think of is "HULK SMASH!!" The Japanese people are running from him!:laugh:

Jonlion
02-23-2009, 05:19 PM
You know how it is for any of us. Couple of days after Josh will know that yeah he got caught well and will of course understand why it was stopped but cmon it was straight after the fight, His reaction isnt terrible, it is entirely understandable. Especially when you think about how much time and effort goes in. So i think it is really unfair to call him out on this saying he is a jerk.

Perhaps for other matters but this, it aint nothing.

i understand the stoppage but still think it was wrong.

Champ2be
02-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Yeah that one is hilarious! It's obviously some sort of roid rage.
All I can think of is "HULK SMASH!!" The Japanese people are running from him!:laugh:

uggghh.... Please dont pay attention to the title. I hate the term, "roid rage".

Llamafighter
02-23-2009, 05:37 PM
You know how it is for any of us. Couple of days after Josh will know that yeah he got caught well and will of course understand why it was stopped but cmon it was straight after the fight, His reaction isnt terrible, it is entirely understandable. Especially when you think about how much time and effort goes in. So i think it is really unfair to call him out on this saying he is a jerk.

Perhaps for other matters but this, it aint nothing.

i understand the stoppage but still think it was wrong.

Yeah, there are plenty of other reason's to call him a jerk, so I'll let this one go ;)

Jonlion
02-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah, there are plenty of other reason's to call him a jerk, so I'll let this one go ;)

Ha ha, i did hate him after TUF but i now really like him and i never thought i would. I truly thought he was the only one that could give GSP some trouble in the forseeable future along with Alves of course.

Now its a long road back if ever really.

Llamafighter
02-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Ha ha, i did hate him after TUF but i now really like him and i never thought i would. I truly thought he was the only one that could give GSP some trouble in the forseeable future along with Alves of course.

Now its a long road back if ever really.

His only hope is that Dana and joe Silva thought it was a premature stoppage too. and the more of a fuss he puts up the better chance he has of getting a top opponent next time.

hizo64
02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
All I have to say about Koscheck's loss is.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonlion
02-23-2009, 06:37 PM
His only hope is that Dana and joe Silva thought it was a premature stoppage too. and the more of a fuss he puts up the better chance he has of getting a top opponent next time.

Yeah was just on the UFC website and reading the articles from Di Santo and Gerbasi and Di Santo has it right in that Koschecks next fight is monumental for him.

Hopefully he can pull off another big victory, He is too good to be a gatekeeper for the division.

Tyburn
02-23-2009, 06:41 PM
I think that was nothing short of invasion of his privacy to be honnest. He went to his dressing room to let off a bit of steam dissapointed in the loss, and the camara man wont leave him alone when he obviously just wants to be with his corner.

That sorta reaction in private I would possibly expect, and wont hold against him. I dont think we had much right to view that and thus no reason to judge him on it

Llamafighter
02-23-2009, 06:45 PM
I think that was nothing short of invasion of his privacy to be honnest. He went to his dressing room to let off a bit of steam dissapointed in the loss, and the camara man wont leave him alone when he obviously just wants to be with his corner.

That sorta reaction in private I would possibly expect, and wont hold against him. I dont think we had much right to view that and thus no reason to judge him on it

Godo point Dave!

Tyburn
02-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Godo point Dave!
I learned quickly, that Fighters, being human, need space, even from the photographers. Granted in a far more humble setting, like Cage Gladiators, a Venue not even Sherdog Regularly visits LOL.

I on the other hand do have access, rather exclusive access backstage, and I am always careful. Some fighters dont want to be recorded, especially not at certain times. Right after a fight is NEVER a good time, even if they've won...you wont get no sense out of them until they've relaxed...and if they lose, unless they approach you to unburned yourself, or you have a special relationship with them...leave them alone...even if you only want to say your sorry...they dont need or always want to hear it.

I usually wait til AFTER the event, OR in the intival for the prelims, before I approach a fighter AFTER his match...To me, That guy was mean...firstly, he was acting violatory by the ommission of any other camaras. The rest presumably had not ventured INTO Koschecks cabin. Secondly, when Koscheck was pacing, visibly distressed, and was failing to answer the questions...rather then carry on he should have stopped.

Had the cornermen not been in obvious shock themselves, they probably would have told the guy to f'off and with good reason. What he did was not right...I mean not unless he was like Koschecks best friend, or invited specially...I dont get that impression from the video.

So now he makes Koscheck look bad, which isnt going to make Josh feel any better when he's calmed down. So I'm not giving it another thought. As far as im concerned, behind closed doors with his cornerman after an upset and grave contriversial dissapointment...he has the right to cry, sware and hit the wall afew times, in peace, in the safety of his friends and training camp...without the forums buzzing about what an arse he is....He is an arse..but..even arses have rights :laugh:

F34R
02-23-2009, 07:51 PM

To be fair, there have been more than 95 UFC's though. There have been 95 regular events, a 7.5, 15.5, and a 17.5 lol. Se he was really close. lol

Vizion
02-24-2009, 12:01 AM

I couldn't have said it better. Kos had every right to vent over his loss, that doesn't make him a jerk.

TheConcretekid
02-24-2009, 12:08 AM
To be fair, there have been more than 95 UFC's though. There have been 95 regular events, a 7.5, 15.5, and a 17.5 lol. Se he was really close. lol

Plus all the Fight Nights, TUF Finales, Fight for the Troops, etc... that brings the total to well over 100

Jason 16
02-24-2009, 01:27 AM
I couldn't have said it better. Kos had every right to vent over his loss, that doesn't make him a jerk.
agree I know of more than a few times after one of my wrestling matches or kickboxing fights I did not wand to be talked to like when I got ktfo going for first and second at a tourny I was told I cought his hand shooting in and the ref dint do any thing and I woke up just as I got pinned I was slightly upset with the reff for not giveing me my injury time.

Hughes_GOAT
02-24-2009, 04:52 AM
"Throwing a tantrum" might be a little much...

hey, i needed something to draw the readers....it is Koscheck afterall.

MattHughesRocks
02-24-2009, 05:22 AM
Hey it caught my attention:laugh:

hey, i needed something to draw the readers....it is Koscheck afterall.

Hughes_GOAT
02-24-2009, 05:54 AM
Hey it caught my attention:laugh:

see

atomdanger
02-24-2009, 10:15 PM
When you land like this, the fight get stopped.

http://www.cagepotato.com/sites/default/files/thiagokos.jpeg

atomdanger
02-24-2009, 10:18 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/ipz1o2.jpg

Tyburn
02-25-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm glad you aggree :)