PDA

View Full Version : I disagree with Arizona's SB 1070

J.B.
05-21-2010, 03:10 AM
http://www.nataliedee.com/032607/now-youre-getting-socked.jpg

No seriously, I actually do have a gripe with it...

It doesn't really change things that much when you think about it. :sad:

Yeah, they are forcing the police and all branches of government to take action, but when it comes to the actual deportation we still have to go through the government. Sure, we can lock them up, but our state is bleeding money right now and there is no sense in jailing all those people who are not violent or dangerous criminals.

The problem here is, and has always been, the federal government. I.C.E. isn't doing it's job.:angry:

So, who do we call on when the US government isn't doing it's job?

OBAMA!!!!

Please FIX EVERYTHING!!!! :rolleyes:

--goes back to youtubing classic Motown songs --:running:

Spiritwalker
05-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Busted me!

I looked.

flo
05-21-2010, 04:10 AM
http://www.nataliedee.com/032607/now-youre-getting-socked.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JB, that LITERALLY made me laugh out loud the minute I saw it! Thanks, I needed that after getting so worked up on the slavery thread. :Whistle:

Now I'll go back and read what you said about SB 1070...

flo
05-21-2010, 04:24 AM
Yeah, you're probably right. But it (the bill) was worth it if only to see your gov on Greta S. tonight addressing BO and Napolitano directly! And forcefully!

And let's face it, it's gotten the whole country (and Calderon) talking about the problem. That will put pressure on the admin. to begin enforcing the law, don't you think? Just look at the numbers on these 2 question from polls taken Tuesday and Wednesday:

35. Do you favor or oppose requiring people to show documents proving their
immigration status if government officials have reasonable cause to ask for
them?
Favor Oppose (Don’t know)
18-19 May 10 84% 13 2
Democrats 75% 21 3
Republicans 95% 4 1
Independents 82% 15 3

36. Do you favor or oppose allowing local and state police to detain anyone who
cannot prove their immigration status?
Favor Oppose (Don’t know)
18-19 May 10 76% 19 5
Democrats 69% 27 4
Republicans 85% 9 6
Independents 73% 19

J.B.
05-21-2010, 10:18 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JB, that LITERALLY made me laugh out loud the minute I saw it! Thanks, I needed that after getting so worked up on the slavery thread. :Whistle:

Now I'll go back and read what you said about SB 1070...

:cool:

NateR
05-21-2010, 12:56 PM
I read the thread title, without paying attention to who created the thread, and immediately thought, "Okay, who am I going to have to ban?" :laugh:

I actually think I agree with you in that I fear that this bill is not strict enough to combat the problem of illegal immigration.

BamaGrits84
05-21-2010, 08:14 PM
after a little girl told the first lady she thought her mom was going to have to leave because "she doesn't have papers" a spokeperson for ICE came out and said basically they don't care about this little girl's mom being here illegally - they are out to do something about criminals here illegally. uh that's an oxymoron. being here illegally makes you a criminal. i swear my 2nd grader is smarter than 80% of our government put together. when we talk about illegal immigration he makes comments like "well if they are breaking the law being here illegally why don't we put them in jail?" or "so they don't have to pay taxes like you do? that's not fair. my friend is from korea and i bet her dad pays a lot of taxes." or "i don't think it's fair if kids in school can't speak english. i know adverbs are hard but if i had to learn it so should they." oh and "my friend speaks english at school but korean at home." so trying to stay off this soap box because it rasies my blood pressure and make me feel like i need to be on xanax but i keep getting sucked in.

J.B.
05-21-2010, 08:43 PM
I read the thread title, without paying attention to who created the thread, and immediately thought, "Okay, who am I going to have to ban?" :laugh:

I actually think I agree with you in that I fear that this bill is not strict enough to combat the problem of illegal immigration.

That's classic :laugh:

Anyways, while I do agree with the new law, I just don't see how it's going to help unless I.C.E. starts doing their job on the other end and actually deporting people on a larger scale. It costs money to jail them, and they can't jail them indefinitely. So, if they don't get deported by I.C.E., where are they going to go?