PDA

View Full Version : GET YOUR VOTE ON!!

VCURamFan
05-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Apparently Oprah's trying to combat bullying in our nation's school, so she's holding a contest to see who can come up with the best method of conteracting bullying.

The Gracies have come up with a system called "Bullyproof" (think "Gracie Combatives for Kids"). I actually just "acquired" this series over the weekend & am very impressed. It's designed for kids ages 4-14, and it focuses on teaching the kids self-confidence & self-discipline. It also has a lot of info for the parents about what they need to be doing to help the kids.

Anyhow, the Gracies (more specificaly, Rener) have thrown their hats into the ring to try & win this competition on Oprah's website. Now click on the link & vote for BJJ!!! :happydancing:

http://myown.oprah.com/audition/index.html?request=video_details&response_id=836&promo_id=1

One side note: Rener says at one point that "The Gracie family has been drug free for 3 generations." I guess Royce's steroids were all-natural? :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
05-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Don't teach kids the saying "Stick and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me" ... names/words can hurt people and is far more damaging than physical threats or violence ... wounds will heal, sometimes name calling doesn't ... look at all the suicides of kids that are bullied ... most happen when they are constantly teased ... teaching kids respect for one another and i don't know but also teaching kids resiliency is the way to go imo ...

VCURamFan
05-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Don't teach kids the saying "Stick and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me" ... names/words can hurt people and is far more damaging than physical threats or violence ... wounds will heal, sometimes name calling doesn't ... look at all the suicides of kids that are bullied ... most happen when they are constantly teased ... teaching kids respect for one another and i don't know but also teaching kids resiliency is the way to go imo ...
Good point.

NOW GO VOTE! :frantics:

rearnakedchoke
05-18-2010, 09:10 PM
yeah, misread the thread .. sorry went off there ... LOL ..

voted and will do so again when i get home ... haha

VCURamFan
05-18-2010, 09:13 PM
yeah, misread the thread .. sorry went off there ... LOL ..

voted and will do so again when i get home ... haha
Yeah, me too. :happydancing:

Unfortunately, work blocks the site since it's got a video embedded, but I'll just hijack my family's multiple computers & get it done that way! :happydancing:

rearnakedchoke
05-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah, me too. :happydancing:

Unfortunately, work blocks the site since it's got a video embedded, but I'll just hijack my family's multiple computers & get it done that way! :happydancing:

can't you just clear history or cookies and do it on the same computer over and over? something like that ..

VCURamFan
05-18-2010, 09:20 PM
can't you just clear history or cookies and do it on the same computer over and over? something like that ..
I'll look into that, too. I mean, if I can do that on 4 computers instead of just one.... :frantics:

Bobby71
05-18-2010, 09:45 PM
"The Gracie family has been drug free for the past three gnerations." lol, is Royce not a Gracie?

VCURamFan
05-18-2010, 09:46 PM
"The Gracie family has been drug free for the past three gnerations." lol, is Royce not a Gracie?
That's what I said! :laugh: