PDA

View Full Version : Pound - for - Pound Rankings

rearnakedchoke
05-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Okay, so with all the changes in some of the weight divisions, post your P4P rankings ... here are mine ..

1. GSP - Hasn't lost a round since regaining the title and is going on something like 25 rounds since he last lost one ... currently working on cleaning out his division ...

2. Anderson Silva - Most dominant MW champ ever, but loses points for not giving it his all and making his wins looks less dominant than they could have been ... A signifcant win over Sonnen (R) or Belfort can move him to the top.

3. Fedor - Still pretty much unbeaten, but his lack of competition over the last few years drops him down a few notches ... will we ever know if he can beat the ultra-size heavies like Carwin and Brock.

4. Jose Aldo- Still so young and making a huge name for himself ... he can rocket up these rankings if he can make a transition to the WEC LW div and then the UFC LW div - keep an eye on this dude.

5. Shogun Rua - Blasted his way to the LHW title and looks like the old Shogun is back ... maybe premature putting him up here as he is yet to defend his title, but beating Lyoto (some can argue twice) who previously looked unbeatable is a great feat ..

atomdanger
05-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Okay, so with all the changes in some of the weight divisions, post your P4P rankings ... here are mine ..

1. GSP - Hasn't lost a round since regaining the title and is going on something like 25 rounds since he last lost one ... currently working on cleaning out his division ...

2. Anderson Silva - Most dominant MW champ ever, but loses points for not giving it his all and making his wins looks less dominant than they could have been ... A signifcant win over Sonnen (R) or Belfort can move him to the top.

3. Fedor - Still pretty much unbeaten, but his lack of competition over the last few years drops him down a few notches ... will we ever know if he can beat the ultra-size heavies like Carwin and Brock.

4. Jose Aldo- Still so young and making a huge name for himself ... he can rocket up these rankings if he can make a transition to the WEC LW div and then the UFC LW div - keep an eye on this dude.

5. Shogun Rua - Blasted his way to the LHW title and looks like the old Shogun is back ... maybe premature putting him up here as he is yet to defend his title, but beating Lyoto (some can argue twice) who previously looked unbeatable is a great feat ..

Fedor.
He doesn't look, and he doesn't always play it safe.
He lays it on the line, and puts people away, period.

bj44
05-18-2010, 05:13 PM

agree completely... was debating on penn/edgar/shogun for the fifth spot but penn just lost, edgar hasnt defened his belt either and shogun won his title in much more devistating fashion.

rearnakedchoke
05-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Fedor.
He doesn't look, and he doesn't always play it safe.
He lays it on the line, and puts people away, period.

i agree with you to some extent ... however, he isn't fighting the best HW's in the world ... he is a big fish in a small pond and needs to fight the top guys in his weight class like the rest of the guys on the list ...

rearnakedchoke
08-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Time to update the rankings ...

1. GSP - Most dominant champ on the planet
2. Jose Aldo - very dominant in his weight class - should make a move to lw and a shot at henderson's title and a possible move to the UFC
3. Anderson - lost a lot on the weekend even though he won, looks beatable now at least
4. Shogun - Although he is injured, we see what happens when he gets in the cage
5. Jon Fitch - has earned another title shot at WW but we have to wait to see who he fights, GSP or Kos.

VCURamFan
08-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Time to update the rankings ...

1. GSP - Most dominant champ on the planet
2. Jose Aldo - very dominant in his weight class - should make a move to lw and a shot at henderson's title and a possible move to the UFC
3. Anderson - lost a lot on the weekend even though he won, looks beatable now at least
4. Shogun - Although he is injured, we see what happens when he gets in the cage
5. Jon Fitch - has earned another title shot at WW but we have to wait to see who he fights, GSP or Kos.
Interesting that you put Fitch in your top five. mind expanding on that a bit more? I'm not certain whether I agree or disagree with that one.

DonnaMaria
08-10-2010, 03:54 PM
If Matt were meat you could buy at a supermarket, how much would he cost per pound? :huh:

just a thought........................

rearnakedchoke
08-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Interesting that you put Fitch in your top five. mind expanding on that a bit more? I'm not certain whether I agree or disagree with that one.

it was a tough one ... i had a choice between fitch, brock, edgar ... i chose fitch even though he gets a bad wrap, he still is very hard to beat ... people don't like his style, but he gets the job done ... he very rarely looks bad against opponents and doesn't look beatable a lot of the time ... brock could have gone in there too and if he beats cain as he should, he will move up, but that first round against carwin made him look very human also, so i held on putting him there .. .as for frankie, he didn't dominate BJ and I think that fight could have gone either way .... if he beats BJ, he definitely goes up there too ..

rearnakedchoke
08-10-2010, 03:59 PM
If Matt were meat you could buy at a supermarket, how much would he cost per pound? :huh:

although i am not a purveyor of human meat, i would say he belongs in the choice cuts section ...

DonnaMaria
08-10-2010, 04:16 PM
although i am not a purveyor of human meat, i would say he belongs in the choice cuts section ...

agreed

adamt
08-10-2010, 04:34 PM

he wouldn't be worth much

1.) human meat ain't a hot commodity
2.) matt is a "boar", so his meat will taste like an old boar, or buck
3.) he is all muscle, no fat for flavor
4.) his muscle is used, therefore it is dark and tough, not white and tender

so to sum up, the best meat is from fat, lazy, young females---- that's why roosters are free and hens get bought

TexasRN
08-10-2010, 04:36 PM

I would put him with the expensive fish that is served as sushi. He's both lean and healthy but so worth the money! :laugh:

~Amy

DonnaMaria
08-11-2010, 02:11 AM
I would put him with the expensive fish that is served as sushi. He's both lean and healthy but so worth the money! :laugh:

~Amy

oh see now I have to agree with you!

Matt is definately sushi! :)

adamt
08-11-2010, 02:54 AM
oh see now I have to agree with you!

Matt is definately sushi! :)

wow you're calling the guy a dead fish...........is that a compliment???? :unsure-1:

:laugh:

how would you like to be called a dead fish

DonnaMaria
08-11-2010, 03:05 AM
he isn't a dead fish but if he were a dead fish he would be the BEST KIND of dead fish!

See? It isn't as insulting as you would first think! :laugh:

Boomer
08-11-2010, 03:15 AM
:blink: wow ....

DonnaMaria
08-11-2010, 03:20 AM
:blink: wow ....

yeah I know........lol

it started off as something goofy and now it's just downright.......disturbing.:unsure-1:

but there is no going back now.............:laugh:

Chuck
08-11-2010, 03:25 AM
so to sum up, the best meat is from fat, lazy, young females---- that's why roosters are free and hens get bought

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now that's just funny to me for some reason!!!

huan
08-11-2010, 04:25 AM

at the very least, 7 Brazilian.

logrus
08-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Silva over Gsp still for the #1 spot.

TexasRN
08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
at the very least, 7 Brazilian.

:laugh:

~Amy

TexasRN
08-11-2010, 04:05 PM
yeah I know........lol

it started off as something goofy and now it's just downright.......disturbing.:unsure-1:

but there is no going back now.............:laugh:

It was a very strange but interesting question. I figured since sushi is his fave, it would fit very nicely. I could have kept going and thrown yummy in my original response but that just seemed weirdly wrong. Even I have lines I won't cross. :laugh:

~Amy

Miss Foxy
08-11-2010, 04:34 PM
he wouldn't be worth much

1.) human meat ain't a hot commodity
2.) matt is a "boar", so his meat will taste like an old boar, or buck
3.) he is all muscle, no fat for flavor
4.) his muscle is used, therefore it is dark and tough, not white and tender

He would be 100% corn fed BEEF!!!! No sushi!! Pure BEEF!!!!:laugh: