PDA

View Full Version : Could this be the end of The Magic Man?

J.B.
05-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Not sure who watched Paulie take a drubbing from Amir Khan on Saturday, but Lou Dibella has hinted that Malignaggi might be thinking about walking away from the sport.

DiBella doesn't think Malignaggi will want to continue because the top fighters at the weight like Amir Khan, Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander, are very fast boxers with power in their punches and Malignaggi will have a lot of trouble with them. DiBella still thinks he would beat most of the fighters at the weight but Malignaggi does not want to stick around to become an opponent for the young guys coming up in the ranks.

"I still think Paulie can beat 90% of the 140-pounders out there at the weight, but if Paulie can't beat the top guys - I don't know if he's going to want to continue. I think he has some thinking to do and he said he has some thinking to do. Paulie has never been in this game to be an opponent. He said that he has to speak to his team because he's not in this game to be a trialhorse or an opponent," DiBella told BoxingScene.com.

I have always been entertained by Paulie, and always thought he had the potential to be a lot more in the sport, but he just never had the strength to go along with his Boxing skills. Yeah, he definitely has said some things to stir the pot over the years, but he has also put some people in their place in the sport and hit some big nails directly on the head. I wouldn't mind seeing him move on to something else in the sport at this point, but at only 29, I gotta think that he will still try to somehow make a comeback and land another big money fight.

I think he would make a hilarious broadcaster personally. :laugh:

Blade
05-17-2010, 03:33 PM
I was hoping Malignaggi was going to stick Khan on his ass, but the result was predictable. However, Khan will get knocked cold against the next big puncher he faces.

rearnakedchoke
05-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Khan put on a beautiful display and made paulie look horrible ... great US debut for AK and the pride of boxing in Britain right now ...

Blade
05-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Khan put on a beautiful display and made paulie look horrible ... great US debut for AK and the pride of boxing in Britain right now ...

Firstly I don't class Khan as British, and secretly I doubt he does either, and secondly the pride of British boxing right now is David Haye.

rearnakedchoke
05-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Firstly I don't class Khan as British, and secretly I doubt he does either, and secondly the pride of British boxing right now is David Haye.

LOL .. he was born in Britain, so he is British ... Haye is also great ... both are the pride of Britain i would say (when it comes to boxing)