http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_ronnie_james_dio

:sad:

RIP DIO

Chuck
05-16-2010, 11:59 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_ronnie_james_dio

:sad:

RIP DIO

So who made the better Sabbath? Dio or Ozzy??

J.B.
05-17-2010, 12:36 AM
So who made the better Sabbath? Dio or Ozzy??

Ozzy, without question.

Silverback
05-17-2010, 12:40 AM
I should have said what Ozzy started, Dio finished very strong! Both before and after Ozzy, Sabbath was very good!

J.B.
05-17-2010, 12:57 AM
I should have said what Ozzy started, Dio finished very strong! Both before and after Ozzy, Sabbath was very good!

Dio could rock, that's for sure, but Sabbath will always belong to Ozzy in my opinion. When I think of Dio, I always think of him as a solo artist more than the guy who replaced Ozzy.

Buzzard
05-17-2010, 02:05 AM
Dio could rock, that's for sure, but Sabbath will always belong to Ozzy in my opinion. When I think of Dio, I always think of him as a solo artist more than the guy who replaced Ozzy.

I saw Dio for his Holy Diver tour. Awesome show at the Forum in Los Angeles. I remember partying before the show in the parking lot and some folks spelled out his name with empty beer and Jack Daniels bottles which covered at least 20 foot square.

Such pipes, RIP Dio. \m/

Spiritwalker
05-17-2010, 03:22 AM
I just saw this a few minutes ago...

Honestly thought that Dio was the better singer.. and that Mob Rules and Heaven and Hell were the best Sabbath albums..

Rainbow in the Dark was one of the few few songs I learned how to play on the guitar.

Shame on the Night is actually on my ipod now.

shame...

The man on the silver mountain will be remembered by me for a LONG time to come. But I did think of him as the Man on the Silver Milk crate...

Such a range.. such power.. in such a small frame.

For the first time I agree with the Buzzard.. \m/

flo
05-17-2010, 05:50 AM
My condolences to his family. I never saw him in concert but he was a legend.

Rest in peace, Ronnie, rock on.

Bonnie
05-17-2010, 06:24 AM
My heart goes out to his wife and family. I'm glad his family and friends got to say goodbye. It sounds like he was surrounded by love. :)

MattHughesRocks
05-17-2010, 06:51 AM
One of my brother's was a HUGE fan back in the day.That's really the only reason I even know who he is.I sent him an email about his death today.He sure was bummed.