PDA

View Full Version : The Lebracle... Where will James go?

J.B.
05-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Okay, so now that Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers have been sent home early, again, what do people think will ultimately happen when James hits free agency this off-season?

The biggest names in the race for the services of "King James" at this time are...

1. Cleveland - Obviously they want him back, and it's still his home organization and his home state. Still, they have yet to successfully build around him in 7 years, and their market is....well...let's just say, small.

2. New York - It's the biggest market in the country and bringing a title to the Knicks would cement Lebron as a legend in the Big Apple. The money he would make would be astronomical. The downside is the Knicks suck.

3. Chicago - Great city, great market, and a star point guard who isn't going anywhere for a long time. The Bulls could actually be the sleeper in this race, even though in recent weeks many people are starting to think it actually could be a REAL possibility. It offers James a market that is still HUGE and also a team that already has another all-star. Also, rumors are right now that the Bulls could potentially do a sign and trade involving Lou Deng to Cleveland and they could free up enough money to not only get Lebron James, but also to go after Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh also. I still think it's a longshot, but as a lifelong Bulls fan, I say make it happen. Let's also not forget that Lebron put in an application earlier this season to change his number from 23 to 6 in what he said was an homage to Michael Jordan. Obviously if his intentions were to go to Chicago, he would know he would not be able to wear 23.....interesting...:ninja:

4. New Jersey- They got a billionaire owner, they are moving to Brooklyn, and Lebron is buddies with Jay-Z, who is part owner of the club. The downside...they REALLY suck.

It could go anyway at this point, and this is probably gonna be as talked about as Brett Favre over this summer, so I figured I would get some people's takes as of today. :)

VCURamFan
05-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Okay, so now that Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers have been sent home early, again, what do people think will ultimately happen when James hits free agency this off-season?

The biggest names in the race for the services of "King James" at this time are...

1. Cleveland - Obviously they want him back, and it's still his home organization and his home state. Still, they have yet to successfully build around him in 7 years, and their market is....well...let's just say, small.

2. New York - It's the biggest market in the country and bringing a title to the Knicks would cement Lebron as a legend in the Big Apple. The money he would make would be astronomical. The downside is the Knicks suck.

3. Chicago - Great city, great market, and a star point guard who isn't going anywhere for a long time. The Bulls could actually be the sleeper in this race, even though in recent weeks many people are starting to think it actually could be a REAL possibility. It offers James a market that is still HUGE and also a team that already has another all-star. Also, rumors are right now that the Bulls could potentially do a sign and trade involving Lou Deng to Cleveland and they could free up enough money to not only get Lebron James, but also to go after Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh also. I still think it's a longshot, but as a lifelong Bulls fan, I say make it happen. Let's also not forget that Lebron put in an application earlier this season to change his number from 23 to 6 in what he said was an homage to Michael Jordan. Obviously if his intentions were to go to Chicago, he would know he would not be able to wear 23.....interesting...:ninja:

4. New Jersey- They got a billionaire owner, they are moving to Brooklyn, and Lebron is buddies with Jay-Z, who is part owner of the club. The downside...they REALLY suck.

It could go anyway at this point, and this is probably gonna be as talked about as Brett Favre over this summer, so I figured I would get some people's takes as of today. :)
Obama's lobbying for LeBron to go to Chicago. As much as it goes against everything NateR's programmed me to do in the last 18 months, I kinda gotta agree with him! :happydancing:

J.B.
05-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Oh, and I'm gonna go ahead and cast my vote for Chicago based solely on emotion. :laugh:

I am still not sure that he will leave Cleveland though...:ninja:

VCURamFan
05-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Oh, and I'm gonna go ahead and cast my vote for Chicago based solely on emotion. :laugh:

I am still not sure that he leave Cleveland though...:ninja:
I would seriously love to see LeBron as a Bull. I grew up watching Michael Jordan's Playground. :laugh:

J.B.
05-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Obama's lobbying for LeBron to go to Chicago. As much as it goes against everything NateR's programmed me to do in the last 18 months, I kinda gotta agree with him! :happydancing:

Oh really?

It's a lock then. :laugh:

The Suns better go all the way this year because the Bulls are going on another run. :wink:

J.B.
05-14-2010, 08:33 PM
I would seriously love to see LeBron as a Bull. I grew up watching Michael Jordan's Playground. :laugh:

I still have my copy of Michael Jordans Playground on VHS.

My two favorite teams in all of sports are the Bulls and the Suns.

1993 is very sacred to me! :laugh:

VCURamFan
05-14-2010, 08:35 PM
I still have my copy of Michael Jordans Playground on VHS.

My two favorite teams in all of sports are the Bulls and the Suns.

1993 is very sacred to me! :laugh:
Amen to that, dude! I need to get my VHS copied to DVD so I don't lose it.

J.B.
05-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Amen to that, dude! I need to get my VHS copied to DVD so I don't lose it.

Ya know, that's a really good call and I thought about doing that with a lot of my VHS tapes a while back. I gotta get on that...

I also have a copy of "UntouchaBulls", which basically documents the run up through the 2nd championship against Portland.

VCURamFan
05-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Ya know, that's a really good call and I thought about doing that with a lot of my VHS tapes a while back. I gotta get on that...

I also have a copy of "UntouchaBulls", which basically documents the run up through the 2nd championship against Portland.
Any chance you'd want to share a copy? :Whistle:

J.B.
05-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Any chance you'd want to share a copy? :Whistle:

For sure man! :)

The VCR I have is garbage, so I gotta score a new one, but my plan has been to get one that has S-Video out and then I can dump the videos directly to my CPU. I've been wrapped in few other projects the last few weeks, but I will either go pick one up soon or give the tapes to a buddy of mine and have him do it for me.

Either way, when I get them transferred I will let you know and I can either mail you a copy or upload to my website and give you a direct link to download it.

J.B.
05-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Now that I think about it, you kinda have me scared VCU...

I hope a lot of these tapes still play good, and aren't all messed up. They have traveled across the country, twice, and I honestly don't remember the last time I popped one in. :unsure:

One of the tapes has like my first 15 or 20 live shows around the Chicago area when I was in High School, and there are some friends on those videos that are no longer with us. I really hope I haven't lost any of that media...:unsure:

J.B.
05-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Okay Nets fan....show yourself! :)

Is that you Crisco or Mike? :laugh:

I didn't think Jay-Z was lurking around here...:Whistle:

Can I get a whut whut? :laugh:

flo
05-15-2010, 01:57 AM
I would say Chicago. It could be the start of another super era for them.

I was lucky enough to see MJ vs the Sonics (in the Gary Payton days, my hero!!). Not that Lebron could replace him but he could sure bring that excitement back to the windy city.

J.B.
05-15-2010, 02:39 AM
I would say Chicago. It could be the start of another super era for them.

I was lucky enough to see MJ vs the Sonics (in the Gary Payton days, my hero!!). Not that Lebron could replace him but he could sure bring that excitement back to the windy city.

The more I give the thought credence, the more I start to believe it...

If you put Derrick Rose, Lebron James and Joakim Noah on a team, the East is a lock. Period.

Now, if they do a sign and trade for Deng to Cleveland, and the Bulls can have the right cap space to actually lure Wade or Bosh to Chi-Town....then mid-town is gonna have to get ready for another statue on the opposite side of the UC.

matthughesfan21
05-15-2010, 08:21 PM
from a basketball standpoint, Chicago makes the most sense, he will have a better player around him there than he has ever played with before(Shaq isn't what he used to be)...Plus I would think his competitive side would shy away from nets and knicks because he would take a step back in getting a title. with the bulls, its possible he could get it right away...plus as you said, the market it chicago is huge and a big upgrade from Cleveland...Its far fetched, but Bosh and Lebron playing with Rose all but gives them a title

The only downside to Chicago is Lebron having to live in MJ's shadow constantly

rearnakedchoke
05-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Cleveland - I think they have the upperhand ... he has done a lot of building there, but i think cleveland is cursed and won't succeed in any sport ..

New York - I don't see James wanting to rebuild ...

Chicago - they have the best chance other than Cleveland .... and it's not a start over project for LBJ ... i heard they were going to go after Wade and Bosh ... if they get those two, just engrave the trophy for next year ...

NJ - from Empire State of Mind - "if Jesus is paying Lebron, I'm paying Dwayne Wade"
don't know what that means, but I know jigga is close to lebron, but again, don't see the king want to start over ....

I say Cleveland and Toronto do a sign and trade with lebron and bosh ... then at least I'll be happy ...

J.B.
05-15-2010, 09:23 PM
NJ - from Empire State of Mind - "if Jesus is paying Lebron, I'm paying Dwayne Wade"
don't know what that means, but I know jigga is close to lebron, but again, don't see the king want to start over ....

I dig that tune

flo
07-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Well, let's see if the poll holds true. Lebron is giving a press conference tomorrow, I guess I'm hoping he stays with Cleveland but I doubt that will happen.

On second thought, I think New York would be the smartest choice as he will never replace Air Jordon as the #1 Chicago Bull in the hearts of the people there, IMO.

flo
07-07-2010, 09:07 PM
VCU, if JB's tape is messed up, you can buy a used copy for under $8 (shipping included).

http://www.amazon.com/Untouchabulls-Chicago-Second-Championship-Season/dp/6305338213

matthughesfan21
07-07-2010, 09:10 PM
either Miami or Cleveland now, the Knicks sucks, if he went there, he is just saying that he doesn't care about winning as much as the other aspects

J.B.
07-08-2010, 01:43 AM
either Miami or Cleveland now, the Knicks sucks, if he went there, he is just saying that he doesn't care about winning as much as the other aspects

Him and Amar'e would be a strong core, then if Melo got tossed into the mix next year, forget it. I am hardly a Knicks fan, but New York would be a good choice for him. Also, if Lebron only cared about money he would just sign with Cleveland and take the extra 30 million dollars they can guarantee him. There may be potential for extra sponsorship money in NYC or Chi-Town, but Lebron is gonna get endorsements no matter where he is, and 30 million guaranteed is a lot of money to pass up for an unknown amount of "potential" money.

I don't think the choice is going to be Miami. I just can't see him leaving that much money on the table to leave the Cavs after getting snubbed by Bosh for Miami, when he knows that he can put together solid core units in Chicago or New York. I also don't think the Heat want to stretch their budget that thin on 3 max players and put nobody on their bench.

Bosh clearly was tired of being hosed all those years being stuck in Canada and wanted to take his max-contract to a state with no income tax, and having Dwayne Wade just makes it nicer. Wade strung Chicago along to wait on Bosh and James, but I always had a feeling it would be tough for him to leave Miami. He did win a title there.

It really is fascinating that he has the whole sports world drooling. Personally, I don't see how he could come back to Cleveland at this point other than the extra money and some loyalty. The Cavs are not gonna attract anybody to Cleveland, and I'm not sure I would understand the reasoning behind holding this big, hour-long, prime-time special on ESPN just to announce that after years of hype leading up to the 2010 Free-Agency he is staying put. Not to mention, Colin Cowherd reported this morning that the conference is NOT being held in Cleveland or Akron, and the team who Lebron chooses will receive a phone call 5 minutes before the announcement.

Kudos to Lebron, and probably more-so NIKE, for seizing this opportunity to market the crap out of it and make some money for charity in the process. I hope he becomes a Bull, but if he goes to the Knicks then maybe Amar'e will end up getting a ring (which I would like to see), and if he stays in Cleveland than he is the hero of the little guy. Either way, the big winners are Lebron James and the Boys and Girls Club.

matthughesfan21
07-08-2010, 01:48 AM
Him and Amar'e would be a strong core, then if Melo got tossed into the mix next year, forget it. I am hardly a Knicks fan, but New York would be a good choice for him. Also, if Lebron only cared about money he would just sign with Cleveland and take the extra 30 million dollars they can guarantee him. There may be potential for extra sponsorship money in NYC or Chi-Town, but Lebron is gonna get endorsements no matter where he is, and 30 million guaranteed is a lot of money to pass up for an unknown amount of "potential" money.

I don't think the choice is going to be Miami. I just can't see him leaving that much money on the table to leave the Cavs after getting snubbed by Bosh for Miami, when he knows that he can put together solid core units in Chicago or New York. I also don't think the Heat want to stretch their budget that thin on 3 max players and put nobody on their bench.

Bosh clearly was tired of being hosed all those years being stuck in Canada and wanted to take his max-contract to a state with no income tax, and having Dwayne Wade just makes it nicer. Wade strung Chicago along to wait on Bosh and James, but I always had a feeling it would be tough for him to leave Miami. He did win a title there.

It really is fascinating that he has the whole sports world drooling. Personally, I don't see how he could come back to Cleveland at this point other than the extra money and some loyalty. The Cavs are not gonna attract anybody to Cleveland, and I'm not sure I would understand the reasoning behind holding this big, hour-long, prime-time special on ESPN just to announce that after years of hype leading up to the 2010 Free-Agency he is staying put. Not to mention, Colin Cowherd reported this morning that the conference is NOT being held in Cleveland or Akron, and the team who Lebron chooses will receive a phone call 5 minutes before the announcement.

Kudos to Lebron, and probably more-so NIKE, for seizing this opportunity to market the crap out of it and make some money for charity in the process. I hope he becomes a Bull, but if he goes to the Knicks then maybe Amar'e will end up getting a ring (which I would like to see), and if he stays in Cleveland than he is the hero of the little guy. Either way, the big winners are Lebron James and the Boys and Girls Club.who knows honestly...we'll find out in less than 24 hours, the press conference is in Connecticut, so that doesn't really give away anything...Chicago is still a possibility but i think he really wanted to play with Wade or Bosh, but Miami would have to sign the rest of their roster to league minimum to get all 3 of those guys...chicago did just sign Boozer today, him, Rose, Noah and Lebron would be lethal...My guess is as good as yours

J.B.
07-08-2010, 02:11 AM
who knows honestly...we'll find out in less than 24 hours, the press conference is in Connecticut, so that doesn't really give away anything...Chicago is still a possibility but i think he really wanted to play with Wade or Bosh, but Miami would have to sign the rest of their roster to league minimum to get all 3 of those guys...chicago did just sign Boozer today, him, Rose, Noah and Lebron would be lethal...My guess is as good as yours

I've been out this afternoon and I missed the Connecticut and Boozer announcements.

I think it's Chicago or New York.

flo
07-08-2010, 02:28 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/BubbieIrmasLiver230x1501.gif

:wink:

matthughesfan21
07-08-2010, 02:38 AM
I've been out this afternoon and I missed the Connecticut and Boozer announcements.

I think it's Chicago or New York.

even if lebron isn't a bull next year...Boozer is a great player who is very underrated and he will help a lot next year...They got him at 75-80 million for 5 years...they will still have room remaining to get lebron for a max contract, so its just a case of if lebron wants to be a bull or not, Chicago has done all they can at this point, its now in lebron's hands

J.B.
07-08-2010, 05:07 AM
even if lebron isn't a bull next year...Boozer is a great player who is very underrated and he will help a lot next year...They got him at 75-80 million for 5 years...they will still have room remaining to get lebron for a max contract, so its just a case of if lebron wants to be a bull or not, Chicago has done all they can at this point, its now in lebron's hands

I think Boozer is a great player, and he will definitely help the Bulls, but I don't think he is underrated or overrated. You know what you are getting with Carlos Boozer. Seeing as how Boozer had no chance of ending up in Cleveland, I can't see how it's not New York or Chicago for Lebron now that the Bulls landed him. According to Jared Dudley's twitter, he says he heard Lebron is going to New York. Now, obviously that doesn't mean much at this point, but it's fair to point out that Dudley obviously has some good inside sources.

The fact that it's in Connecticut doesn't tell us which of the 3 teams it could potentially be, because I honestly think the only teams in the running are New York, Chicago, and Miami being a VERY long-shot. However, I think it does tell us that Cleveland is out of the running. If he was coming back to Cleveland, he would do it in Cleveland.

J.B.
07-08-2010, 06:20 AM
Aside from Greenwich being a short drive from the Knicks training facility in Greenburgh, NY, former Suns teammate of Amar'e Stoudemire, Jared Dudley, posted on his Twitter account earlier Wednesday, "Breaking News!!! My sources tell me LeBron will announce that he will be goin to the NY KNICKS tomorrow on ESPN.. This is serious.. WOW!!!!"

And if you're trying to read the tea leaves, shares of Madison Square Garden Inc. (MSG) rose 6.4 percent Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/07/2010-07-07_new_york_knicks_source_lebron_james_could_make_ announcement_from_allan_houstons_.html#ixzz0t4IwAM 8X

This is from the New York Daily News.

I think he's gonna play with Amar'e in New York. It's no secret that James was lobbying hard for the Cavs to trade for Amar'e earlier this season.

J.B.
07-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Okay, well if this is true, I guess I was wrong...now (within the last 30 mins) ESPN is putting out this report....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5363055

ESPN is saying now that it looks like he is leaning towards the Heat. :frantics:

ESPN could just be saying this to counter the Jared Dudley leak, which could also be planted information designed to throw everyone for a loop and get them to watch, but on the other hand why leak anything at all? This is such a circus, I don't care anymore. :laugh:

The Heat does make sense on a lot levels, and an argument could be made for all of the teams involved. I just didn't think it would be likely that the egos would come together. This could really be a dynasty if the pieces fall together right, but it takes chemistry to win big in the playoffs and the Heat will certainly have some issues with depth.

flo
07-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Okay, well if this is true, I guess I was wrong...now (within the last 30 mins) ESPN is putting out this report....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5363055

ESPN is saying now that it looks like he is leaning towards the Heat. :frantics:

ESPN could just be saying this to counter the Jared Dudley leak, which could also be planted information designed to throw everyone for a loop and get them to watch, but on the other hand why leak anything at all? This is such a circus, I don't care anymore. :laugh:

The Heat does make sense on a lot levels, and an argument could be made for all of the teams involved. I just didn't think it would be likely that the egos would come together. This could really be a dynasty if the pieces fall together right, but it takes chemistry to win big in the playoffs and the Heat will certainly have some issues with depth.

I'm still going with NY...

matthughesfan21
07-08-2010, 03:18 PM
It's all just speculation, no one knows for sure besides Lebron and his inner guys...The team won't know until 5 minutes before the special tonight, so Dudley saying that, he is just pulling it out of his arse

J.B.
07-08-2010, 03:45 PM
It's all just speculation, no one knows for sure besides Lebron and his inner guys...The team won't know until 5 minutes before the special tonight, so Dudley saying that, he is just pulling it out of his arse

You don't know that any more than than any of us do, and I am pretty sure Lebron and his guys aren't the only people who know.

It's pretty easy to put two and two together, J-Dud is a good friend and now former teammate of Amar'e. Dudley has nothing to gain or lose by reporting that, as he is not getting ratings out of it like ESPN would. Dudley even said it's not like he cares, he was simply relaying the information provided to him.

I'm still not totally sold on the Heat, because they simply just won't have anybody else to back them up. They might win 60 games in regular season, but would they really be able to hold up through the playoffs?

rearnakedchoke
07-08-2010, 05:48 PM
man, if chicago only gets boozer, they come up the losers in all of this ...

Miss Foxy
07-08-2010, 05:53 PM
I think he will go to NY just, because he wants to be Hollywood status but I guess since we already have the best NBA player ever he has to go to the other coast.
I personally think he would be better off in Cleveland, but what do I know? lol..

VCURamFan
07-08-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm still hoping he goes to Chicago.

J.B.
07-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I guess since we already have the best NBA player ever
http://playunderreview.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/michael-jordan-cigar.jpg

J.B.
07-08-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm still hoping he goes to Chicago.

I think the funniest ending to this would be if he pulled a Jordan and retired from Basketball to take up another sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvmALPg9Cmk

VCURamFan
07-08-2010, 06:59 PM
This.

plus juan

Miss Foxy
07-08-2010, 07:00 PM

:w00t:

VCURamFan
07-08-2010, 07:20 PM
I think the funniest ending to this would be if he pulled a Jordan and retired from Basketball to take up another sport.

Hahaha, yeah, good call. :laugh:

flo
07-08-2010, 07:21 PM

Loved it! Especially the ending. :laugh:

Yeah, wouldn't that be great if he did that? I'm always happy when someone throws the jaded sports world for a loop... :ninja:

J.B.
07-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Lebron is going to the UFC to fight Brock Lesnar

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/lebronufc.jpg

matthughesfan21
07-08-2010, 07:50 PM
I think he will go to NY just, because he wants to be Hollywood status but I guess since we already have the best NBA player ever he has to go to the other coast.
I personally think he would be better off in Cleveland, but what do I know? lol..
since when did Jordan start playing in LA?

VCURamFan
07-08-2010, 07:59 PM

:happy0198: :happy0198: :happy0198: :happy0198: :happy0198:

matthughesfan21
07-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Still looking like Miami

LeBron James has rented six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach this weekend to celebrate his team decision, two sources confirm to UsMagazine.com.

That adds more fuel to the fire that James, 25, will announce he's joining the Miami Heat Thursday night, as several insiders told ESPN this morning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/LeBron-James-is-packing-his-beach-bags-for-Miami?urn=nba,254632

J.B.
07-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Lebron is a French name, so I'm changing my pick to Toronto.

Oh, and Apple is releasing a special LBJ-Iphone this fall. It' retail price is 20 million dollars, and it features multiple vibrate functions (it has no ring).

flo
07-08-2010, 11:33 PM

I hope Lebron is paying his share of the tanning-booth tax...

Ba-da-bing! :happydancing:

flo
07-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Lebron is a French name, so I'm changing my pick to Toronto.

Oh, and Apple is releasing a special LBJ-Iphone this fall. It' retail price is 20 million dollars, and it features multiple vibrate functions (it has no ring).

G-R-O-A-N
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
You're on a roll, JB!

matthughesfan21
07-09-2010, 01:27 AM
and Lebron is now a member of the

Miami Heat

matthughesfan21
07-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Well the Heat sure had a good summer...they still have to fill out a roster with guys making league minimum, but for them to get the 3 top free agents is quite an accomplishment...Now we just have to see if you can actually buy championships

matthughesfan21
07-09-2010, 01:34 AM
I'm just glad he didn't go to NY...I'm not going to hop on the Heat bandwagon, but I can at least still like LBJ, if he went to the Knicks, I wouldn't be able to stomach it

VCURamFan
07-09-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm just glad he didn't go to NY...I'm not going to hop on the Heat bandwagon, but I can at least still like LBJ, if he went to the Knicks, I wouldn't be able to stomach it
I agree 100%. I hate the Knicks, & I don't even know why. I think it might have something to do with Spike Lee . . .

matthughesfan21
07-09-2010, 01:49 AM
I agree 100%. I hate the Knicks, & I don't even know why. I think it might have something to do with Spike Lee . . .I hate all things NYC...I hate the city, the teams, the people(except for Llama:wink:)...I've been there several times and everyone is just so rude and the city seems dirty....THe media bias towards any NY team always makes me develop a strong hatred toward them as well...If LBJ wins a title in Miami, I wouldn't be jumping for joy like if he was in Chicago, but at least I won't get ticked off lol

flo
07-09-2010, 01:52 AM
I'm just glad he didn't go to NY...

:grumpy:

:fryingpan:

:neenerneener:

flo
07-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Haters!

:laugh:

Chris F
07-09-2010, 02:15 AM
I loiked the Knicks back in the Pat Riley days. My nickname when I played in JUCO ball was John Starks because I was so streaky and a 3 point specilaist. I moved to Tulsa later and found out he lived there when he was not in NY. But todays Knicks are horrid. No wonder Marbury wanted to leave there so bad. But I ma loyal if they play any team but the OKC THunder I root for them.

Bonnie
07-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Well the Heat sure had a good summer...they still have to fill out a roster with guys making league minimum, but for them to get the 3 top free agents is quite an accomplishment...Now we just have to see if you can actually buy championships

:huh: What do you mean? :unsure-1:

And where the heck is JB; I thought he'd be all over this. :laugh:

J.B.
07-09-2010, 03:20 AM

And where the heck is JB; I thought he'd be all over this. :laugh:

I've been out, but I'm not shocked by the news.

All I can say is, in response to MHF21's statement about buying a championship, it rarely works like that in the NBA. It takes a whole team, and a lot of chemistry, to make dynasties. Miami is lacking some real depth, but this move is so big and unprecedented that it's impossible to judge the end result. Will they stay healthy and present so many problems regardless of the supporting cast that it gets the job done, or will it turn in to a clash of egos and a massive failure? We can only sit back and wait to see what happens with the 3 headed monster in Miami.

matthughesfan21
07-09-2010, 04:51 AM

And where the heck is JB; I thought he'd be all over this. :laugh:I mean, can you just throw many at a few superstars and expect to be successful without have any real depth other than the big 3...It will be hard to tell though because no team has ever had something like this happen before, 3 superstars with the rest of the team making league minimum...Come playoff time, those other players are going to have to play a vital role in the success of the team...Time will tell whether or not Miami made the right decision....imo, Miami would have been better off with having just Wade and Bosh and then using that other money to acquire some mid level guys to fill out the roster, but I could be wrong, we'll see

J.B.
07-09-2010, 05:19 AM
I mean, can you just throw many at a few superstars and expect to be successful without have any real depth other than the big 3...It will be hard to tell though because no team has ever had something like this happen before, 3 superstars with the rest of the team making league minimum...Come playoff time, those other players are going to have to play a vital role in the success of the team...Time will tell whether or not Miami made the right decision....imo, Miami would have been better off with having just Wade and Bosh and then using that other money to acquire some mid level guys to fill out the roster, but I could be wrong, we'll see

When the Heat won the title, they did it with with basically just Wade, Shaq, and some low-level shooters. I would think that some veteran outside shooters would be willing to take league minimum or a just a little more to get on that squad.

All three of those guys warrant drawing the double team, and when you have two dynamic guys in James/Wade who can drive both sides of the lane and the constant threat of Bosh in the low-post, all it takes is a couple extra guys with some decent outside shooting to just tear defenses to shreds. This is the brain-child of Pat Riley and Dwayne Wade, and I personally think it's going to be a success. The only question I really have is HOW successful will they be?

Remember everybody, we may not even have basketball after this season...:unsure:

J.B.
07-09-2010, 05:32 AM
Dan Gilbert is totally pissed at Lebron... :laugh:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

The Cavs help create this monster, and now....

http://telepromptedanthems.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/u-mad1.jpg

:rolleyes:

Bonnie
07-09-2010, 06:00 AM
When the Heat won the title, they did it with with basically just Wade, Shaq, and some low-level shooters. I would think that some veteran outside shooters would be willing to take league minimum or a just a little more to get on that squad.

All three of those guys warrant drawing the double team, and when you have two dynamic guys in James/Wade who can drive both sides of the lane and the constant threat of Bosh in the low-post, all it takes is a couple extra guys with some decent outside shooting to just tear defenses to shreds. This is the brain-child of Pat Riley and Dwayne Wade, and I personally think it's going to be a success. The only question I really have is HOW successful will they be?

Remember everybody, we may not even have basketball after this season...:unsure:

What does this mean? :huh: And, why wouldn't we have basketball after this season? :unsure-1:

Bonnie
07-09-2010, 06:09 AM

:laugh: If he really wanted to be uplifting to the people of Cleveland and his team and really make them believe they can make it without Lebron, I think he should have not put so much emphasis on the "bitter" and the "king". :wink:

They showed a "Lebron" jersey being fired up when the guys on ESPN were talking with Lebron after his big announcement. I understand people's disappointment, but I think doing that kind of stuff is stupid. And the owner's letter to the city and fans ain't going to help matters.

J.B.
07-09-2010, 06:47 AM
What does this mean? :huh: And, why wouldn't we have basketball after this season? :unsure-1:

It means that each one of those players (Lebron/Wade/Bosh) are so good at scoring that most teams need to use two men to cover each of them, which is impossible with only 5 men on the court. Teams will likely be forced to work in some sort of "zone" defense to even try to contain all 3 of them at the same time, and even that not gonna work forever. That doesn't guarantee success though. There is always injuries to worry about, and a lot of it comes down to coaching too. It's one of the most interesting scenarios I can think of in all of sports for quite some time.

As for the second part, we may not have basketball after next season because the NBA and the Players Union have to hammer out a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), and it's been looming for the last few years that the owners are fed up with getting bad returns on a lot of their investments. To be fair, that is largely their own fault for overpaying the wrong players in the first place, but on the other side of the coin the league actually LOST money last year. Then to top it all off, you have the giant media circus over this years free agency and Lebron James, so the owners feel like they need to rope the egos of the players back in. The feeling right now is that the owners are going to make some huge cuts that the players union isn't going to want to go for and we could end up seeing a lockout after next season. It happened in 1998-99 and the season ended up starting like 3 months late because they were haggling over the deal, some think this is going to be worse, but who knows at this point.

J.B.
07-09-2010, 06:53 AM
:laugh: If he really wanted to be uplifting to the people of Cleveland and his team and really make them believe they can make it without Lebron, I think he should have not put so much emphasis on the "bitter" and the "king". :wink:

They showed a "Lebron" jersey being fired up when the guys on ESPN were talking with Lebron after his big announcement. I understand people's disappointment, but I think doing that kind of stuff is stupid. And the owner's letter to the city and fans ain't going to help matters.

That city is cursed, and this is the most embarrassing moment in the history of the Cavaliers. If they can't even keep their own prodigal son, who is going to want to play there?

The fans are still in shock right now. Just wait until the Heat come to Cleveland next season, it should be right around the time the Browns are in suck mode too....:laugh: People will be going to jail, just watch. :wink:

flo
07-09-2010, 07:08 AM

LOL! Yeah, I have a hard time feeling sorry for Gilbert too, JB...

flo
07-09-2010, 07:12 AM
For Dan Gilbert ~

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/nopony.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

J.B.
07-09-2010, 11:10 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0819/nba_g_wade_580.jpg

J.B.
07-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Cleveland's reaction to Lebron James leaving for Miami...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff_QQPgVJ_g&feature=player_embedded

Miss Foxy
07-09-2010, 03:24 PM
I agree 100%. I hate the Knicks, & I don't even know why. I think it might have something to do with Spike Lee . . .

Word!! I can't stand that racist jerk either!!

Miss Foxy
07-09-2010, 03:26 PM
I say bring it on!! All the Kobe/Laker haters are going to try to avenge their teams losses and honestly Lebron James is a diva!!! All his parties, rapping, and other nonsense arent gonna get him nor Miami nada!! Mark my words!!!:laugh:

J.B.
07-09-2010, 03:37 PM
I say bring it on!! All the Kobe/Laker haters are going to try to avenge their teams losses and honestly Lebron James is a diva!!! All his parties, rapping, and other nonsense arent gonna get him nor Miami nada!! Mark my words!!!:laugh:

If Ron Artest can do it, LBJ can do it.

VCURamFan
07-09-2010, 04:03 PM
If Ron Artest can do it, LBJ can do it.
President Johnson? :blink:

J.B.
07-09-2010, 04:06 PM
President Johnson? :blink:

Him too

Bonnie
07-09-2010, 04:11 PM
It means that each one of those players (Lebron/Wade/Bosh) are so good at scoring that most teams need to use two men to cover each of them, which is impossible with only 5 men on the court. Teams will likely be forced to work in some sort of "zone" defense to even try to contain all 3 of them at the same time, and even that not gonna work forever. That doesn't guarantee success though. There is always injuries to worry about, and a lot of it comes down to coaching too. It's one of the most interesting scenarios I can think of in all of sports for quite some time.

As for the second part, we may not have basketball after next season because the NBA and the Players Union have to hammer out a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), and it's been looming for the last few years that the owners are fed up with getting bad returns on a lot of their investments. To be fair, that is largely their own fault for overpaying the wrong players in the first place, but on the other side of the coin the league actually LOST money last year. Then to top it all off, you have the giant media circus over this years free agency and Lebron James, so the owners feel like they need to rope the egos of the players back in. The feeling right now is that the owners are going to make some huge cuts that the players union isn't going to want to go for and we could end up seeing a lockout after next season. It happened in 1998-99 and the season ended up starting like 3 months late because they were haggling over the deal, some think this is going to be worse, but who knows at this point.

When this happens, do the players still get paid during this time even though they're not playing?

J.B.
07-09-2010, 04:19 PM
When this happens, do the players still get paid during this time even though they're not playing?

Nobody gets paid, and they don't get the money back.

It's bad for everybody if it happens at all, but the longer a lockout drags on the more adverse effect it will likely have on the overall product when the league does resume. Fans HATE hearing multi million dollar owners and athletes haggle over money. The league really can't afford that right now, especially now that the stars have aligned in Miami and media attention will be HUGE over the next few years to see how this trio pans out.

bj44
07-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Eastern conference playoff teams next year in order

1. Miami Heat
2. Orlando Magic
3. Boston Celtics
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Atlanta hawks
6. Milwaukee Bucks
7. New york Knicks
8. Clevland cavaliers (i wish lol)

J.B.
07-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Eastern conference playoff teams next year in order

1. Miami Heat
2. Orlando Magic
3. Boston Celtics
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Atlanta hawks
6. Milwaukee Bucks
7. New york Knicks
8. Clevland cavaliers (i wish lol)

Are you a Cavs fan?

J.B.
07-09-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm not always the biggest fan of Robert Sarver, but Dan Gilbert would be wise to take a lesson in professionalism from the Phoenix Suns owner in this case. This was posted on the Phoenix Suns website yesterday.

Thank You, Amare

On behalf of the entire Suns organization I want to thank you, Amar’e, for eight special years as a Phoenix Sun. We couldn’t have achieved all our success without you. We wish you nothing but the best in the next chapter of your basketball life with the New York Knicks. We look forward to being able to honor you in some way in the future….. maybe in the Suns Ring of Honor.

Robert Sarver
Managing Partner

bj44
07-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Are you a Cavs fan?

im a bulls fan... I just thought it be awesome if the cavs got matched up with the heat in a playoff series

ps you think the suns make the playoffs next year?

J.B.
07-09-2010, 08:54 PM
im a bulls fan... I just thought it be awesome if the cavs got matched up with the heat in a playoff series

ps you think the suns make the playoffs next year?

Oh, lol, I thought you were a Bulls fan but that comment just threw me for a loop. It would be cool to see the Cavs make it next year, but Cleveland fans might give up all hope if Lebron and mWo had to hand them a beat down in the playoffs.

As for the Suns, we are going through our own phase of being butt-hurt over losing our ace in Amare. We also need a general manager ASAP. I think we may be looking to deal Barbosa, but I'm not sure what is out there at the moment that would greatly improve our situation. I was hoping something could have been worked out to bring David Lee over here when we did the sign and trade for Amare to the Knicks, but they managed to miss that boat too and Lee is on Golden State now. Still, we have a solid core and a lot of chemistry with a group of guys who will be able to deal with the change much easier than I think Cleveland will (and obviously Amare is not Lebron). This only really started to become "Amare's Team" last season, and even then it hadn't fully crossed over because of the looming free agency. So we still have Nash as our leader and we will just have to find other ways to replace Amare's points. Jason Richardson was one of our biggest factors in winning during the regular season last year, and Grant Hill, Jared Dudley, Goran Dragic, and Channing Frye are all going to be poised to step up their games even more now that Amar'e isn't around. I think the Suns should do good and likely make the playoffs as long as they don't fall into any horrible shooting funks or get riddled with injuries.

J.B.
07-09-2010, 09:25 PM
These reaction videos on Youtube are cracking me up...

This guy is funny because he's too much of a wuss to join in with the rest of the idiots who are mad at Lebron, and actually burn his jerseys. So instead, he ironically puts them in Cleveland Browns garbage can...:laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flnr2eO_ILA

This one is just great because this guy is crying and says it's the worst thing that could have ever happened to him, then he gets real hyper and starts screaming. Again...classic stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjP-3UB7518

And of course you have your customary "Star Wars" and "Hiter" reaction videos....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ksQZyXErzU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1DjJtp2wF4

And this one is my favorite...classic stuff for anybody who remembers the NWO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoxi37vvviQ

Play The Man
07-20-2010, 08:25 AM
I thought this would be a good occasion to post the "Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Video" and "Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Video: 2nd Attempt."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM&feature=related

I guess with the LeBron James decision they will have to change the part in the "2nd Attempt" video where they sing: "Our economy is based on LeBron James":laugh::happydancing:

J.B.
07-21-2010, 05:05 AM
Those are classic PTM :laugh:

Cleveland is doomed to suck.