PDA

View Full Version : Children and Politics

BamaGrits84
05-11-2010, 03:16 PM
What do you tell your children in regards to political views? Do you have open discussions with them about some topics? Most school aged children encounter current politics in school. It may be mock elections for who they would vote for or learning about the bio of politicians. Do you open the discussion at home with them about these things? I'm going to see what some of you say before I give my answers.

adamt
05-11-2010, 03:35 PM
What do you tell your children in regards to political views? Do you have open discussions with them about some topics? Most school aged children encounter current politics in school. It may be mock elections for who they would vote for or learning about the bio of politicians. Do you open the discussion at home with them about these things? I'm going to see what some of you say before I give my answers.

my one year old's first sentence was" obama icky, he need jesus"

TexasRN
05-11-2010, 03:38 PM
My kids are ages 11 and 13. We have always had any discussions with them that come up in our normal day. My kids are very with it when it comes to current events and politics. I want them to know how to make real decisions as adults and not just believe what the media spews at us, no matter which way they lean.

~Amy

VCURamFan
05-11-2010, 03:38 PM
my one year old's first sentence was" obama icky, he need jesus"
So that a "no"? :huh:

adamt
05-11-2010, 05:08 PM
So that a "no"? :huh:

kinda, we're republicans so our "discussions" are a little over a one year olds head, however were we democrats, we would prolly be the right level for a one year old to understand

j/k

we taught her that after seeing people teach their kids the obama chant, and it's totally true