PDA

View Full Version : Why some men have dogs and not wives

NateR
05-11-2010, 12:17 PM
I heard this on the radio on the drive home from work this morning and I thought it was pretty funny:

From: www.chicagonow.com (http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/steve-dale-pet-world/2010/05/why-some-dogs-are-better-than-men.html)

1. The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you.
2. Dogs don't notice if you call them by another dog's name.
3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of stuff on the floor.
4. A dog's parents never visit.
5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
6. You never have to wait for a dog - they're ready to go 24 hours a day.
7. Dogs find you amusing when you're drunk.
8. Dogs like to go hunting and fishing.
9. A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, "If I died, would you get another dog?"
10. If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and give them away.

:laugh:

Llamafighter
05-11-2010, 12:28 PM
:laugh::laugh:
This is why my wife won't let me get a dog.

Silverback
05-11-2010, 12:47 PM
One thing they left out, When you have had enough of the dog, load it up take a nice long drive, and come home alone....:happydancing::happydancing:Nice post Nate, your timing is perfect.

BamaGrits84
05-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Funny i think the same things about my HUSBAND. :laugh:

KevinD
05-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Haha nice list... Number 4 is right on!!

Bobby71
05-11-2010, 01:22 PM
As I get older, I'm now 27, I don't think I ever want to get married. I like living alone way too much.

Llamafighter
05-11-2010, 01:38 PM

No, it doesn't work when you flip it!!:angry:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

philips4
05-11-2010, 01:49 PM

So true! :laugh:

DonnaMaria
05-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Number 9 is hysterical!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

BamaGrits84
05-11-2010, 03:03 PM
As I get older, I'm now 27, I don't think I ever want to get married. I like living alone way too much.

I'm 26, been married for 6 years. I now think the law should be changed to make the legal age to marry at least 25. I love my husband, but if I got married knowing what I know now, having these 5 extra years of life experience, I probably would have found myself interested in a very different type of person. It takes some time actually living life to decide what we want out of it.

TexasRN
05-11-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm 26, been married for 6 years. I now think the law should be changed to make the legal age to marry at least 25. I love my husband, but if I got married knowing what I know now, having these 5 extra years of life experience, I probably would have found myself interested in a very different type of person. It takes some time actually living life to decide what we want out of it.

Yes, yes, and yes. I married right after I turned 20 to a guy who was 19. We stayed married for 14 years and tried our darndest to work it out. He is a great guy and a great dad but there was no way we could spend any more of our lives together. We just grew up and turned into adults and wanted different things from life and from each other. I do not recommend marriage at all to anyone under the age of 25 and I would easily be convinced that 30 is 10 times better than that. By 30, you know who you are, what you want from life, and have already got things in place to get there.

Oh and the dog post was hilarious. I'm sharing that with the bf....:laugh:

~Amy

DonnaMaria
05-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Yes, yes, and yes. I married right after I turned 20 to a guy who was 19. We stayed married for 14 years and tried our darndest to work it out. He is a great guy and a great dad but there was no way we could spend any more of our lives together. We just grew up and turned into adults and wanted different things from life and from each other. I do not recommend marriage at all to anyone under the age of 25 and I would easily be convinced that 30 is 10 times better than that. By 30, you know who you are, what you want from life, and have already got things in place to get there.

~Amy

I second that!!!! or third it......or whatever.........:huh::laugh:

Yes wait!
Wait, wait WAIT!!!!!!!!
Get a dog first!!!! See how that goes! Then when you are around 30 think about getting married and then think about it some more and then if it sounds like a good idea, go for it!

Miss Foxy
05-11-2010, 03:34 PM

~Amy

Very true!! We were in our teens when we got married, and we are soooo different now!! I know the man that I want now is no where near the boy I married.. Im sure he feels the same...:laugh:

VCURamFan
05-11-2010, 03:42 PM
I heard this on the radio on the drive home from work this morning and I thought it was pretty funny:

From: www.chicagonow.com (http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/steve-dale-pet-world/2010/05/why-some-dogs-are-better-than-men.html)

9. A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, "If I died, would you get another dog?"

:laugh:Hahahaha, that's hilarious, Nate! :laugh:

#11 - A dog will never tell you that you're a worse person when you hang out with your friends.

Very true!! We were in our teens when we got married, and we are soooo different now!! I know the man that I want now is no where near the boy I married.. Im sure he feels the same...:laugh:
He knows what kind of man he wants? :blink:

flo
05-11-2010, 05:29 PM

:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Loved it!

Twinsmama
05-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Come on haven't we been over this before....there are lots of things a woman can do that a dog can't.....

make a sandwich for you
get you a beer
wash your clothes
clean your house
and well that 2 mins before bed (as mark says):laugh:

#1 and #9 we my favorites though!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

VCURamFan
05-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Why Some Men Have Dogs & Not Wives:

#12 - When you fart, your dog doesn't act like you just grew a third head.

BamaGrits84
05-11-2010, 07:42 PM
1st i believe marriage is a Holy union and is something to be cherished, but these are funny an NateR started it...:wink:

At the cocktail party, one woman said to another, "Aren't you wearing your wedding ring on the wrong finger?" The other replied, "Yes, I am, I married the wrong man."

After a quarrel, a husband said to his wife, "You know, I was a fool when I married you." She replied, "Yes, dear, but I was in love and didn't notice."

A lady inserted an 'ad' in the classifieds: "Husband wanted". Next day she received a hundred letters. They all said the same thing: "You can have mine."

Wife: Why don't you ever wear your wedding ring?
Husband: It cuts off my circulation.
Wife: It's supposed to.

Twinsmama
05-11-2010, 08:22 PM
I thought you were getting on serious on us...then i started cracking up!:laugh: