PDA

View Full Version : Fedor Returns June 26th

VCURamFan
05-04-2010, 05:59 PM
From MMAWeekly.com:

After months of speculation and negotiations, Fedor Emelianenko is finally set to return to Strikeforce as the top heavyweight in the world will officially face former UFC fighter Fabricio Werdum in the main event of a show set to take place on June 26 in San Jose, CA at the HP Pavilion.

The card with Fedor headlining will be on Showtime starting at 10 pm EST/PST (delayed on the west coast), and takes place just 10 days after the event scheduled for Los Angeles at the Nokia Theatre featuring Robbie Lawler against Renato "Babalu" Sobral in the main event.

The negotiation process has been a long and arduous road for Strikeforce officials, who while working along side Fedor's management team at M-1 struggled to find equal footing in getting the Russian scheduled for a fight with the promotion.

Fedor last competed in November 2009 when he defeated Brett Rogers by TKO, and ever since that time it's been a guessing game as to when he would actually return.

The show on June 26 will be co-branded, co-promotion between Strikeforce and M-1 Global, and will feature up to five fights during the Showtime broadcast including Fedor vs. Werdum in the main event.

The co-branded show has been a point of contention for M-1 Global since Fedor signed with the now defunct Affliction promotion in 2008, and it continued into the new contract the management team signed with Strikeforce in 2009.

Strikeforce president Scott Coker has long stated that the promotion planned on Fedor competing for them again in June, but the negotiations were to the point where many started to wonder if the Russian would return in June.

That has finally been answered. Now back to the business of promoting Fedor Emelenianko vs. Fabricio Werdum in San Jose.

Bobby71
05-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I know it's sad because he is one of the best fighters in the world, but I don't care about Fedor anymore. He has taken his career and flushed it down the toilet.

rockdawg21
05-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Fedor vs. Werdum - what kind of main event is that? Class A vs. Class C, how ****ty.

Bobby71
05-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Fedor vs. Werdum - what kind of main event is that? Class A vs. Class C, how ****ty.

I have been meaning to ask, whats the policy on curse words here?

VCURamFan
05-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Don't use them. Technically, we're not even supposed to use cleverly mis-spelled curse words.

rockdawg21
05-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Don't use them. Technically, we're not even supposed to use cleverly mis-spelled curse words.

I'm a bad person :sad:

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

I guess you'll have to ban Buzzard and I from the board. :laugh:

flo
05-05-2010, 02:56 AM
I'm glad, I can't wait to see him fight again. :happydancing:

Buzzard
05-05-2010, 05:05 AM
I'm a bad person :sad:

I guess you'll have to ban Buzzard and I from the board. :laugh:

Then what will we do?:laugh:

Buzzard
05-05-2010, 05:06 AM
I'm glad, I can't wait to see him fight again. :happydancing:

Me too.

MattHughesRocks
05-05-2010, 05:46 AM
You get **** out that's what :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
05-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Fedor...AWESOME. I think I'm going to this one!:w00t:

Mac
05-05-2010, 05:58 AM
Im with Bobby ,,,,,, ehh , Fedor , yeah hes good , but who really cares about Fedor vs Werdum . Its like Lesnar vs emanuel Lewis ..... " webster" lol . We all know whos going to win and we also know hes not much of a challenge for fedor . I doubt i even tune into it even if it is free. He is ran like the gustapo through his managment and to be honest , all the drama around him just kills any excitment to watch the guy work. Ditch m1 , come to the ufc and then we will see.

MattHughesRocks
05-05-2010, 06:00 AM
But it's going to be near by and I have a Fedor shirt:sad:

Im with Bobby ,,,,,, ehh , Fedor , yeah hes good , but who really cares about Fedor vs Werdum . Its like Lesnar vs emanuel Lewis ..... " webster" lol . We all know whos going to win and we also know hes not much of a challenge for fedor . I doubt i even tune into it even if it is free. He is ran like the gustapo through his managment and to be honest , all the drama around him just kills any excitment to watch the guy work. Ditch m1 , come to the ufc and then we will see.

rockdawg21
05-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Then what will we do?:laugh:
Make new names and sign up with different e-mail addresses. I'll play the exact opposite part of myself and same with you. We'll have the whole board fooled thinking you're me and that I'm you. Awesome! :laugh: