PDA

View Full Version : Letter to President Obama

rockdawg21
05-04-2010, 04:57 AM
Dear President Obama,

I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. Into Mexico, and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.

I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. Please print all Mexican government forms in English.

4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my grandkids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico , but, I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. Flag from my house top, put U S. Flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

14. I want to receive free food stamps.

15. Naturally, I'll expect free rent subsidies.

16. I'll need Income tax credits so although I don't pay Mexican Taxes, I'll receive money from the government.

17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Gov't pays $4,500 to help me buy a new car.

18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican Social Security program so that I'll get a monthly income in retirement.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who walk over to the U.S. From Mexico . I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help. You're the man!!!

donaldbreland
05-04-2010, 05:58 AM
Please remember to bow down to him as well so rockdawg can move.

Buzzard
05-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Dear President Obama,

I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. Into Mexico, and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.

I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over?

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico , but, I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. Flag from my house top, put U S. Flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

16. I'll need Income tax credits so although I don't pay Mexican Taxes, I'll receive money from the government.

17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Gov't pays $4,500 to help me buy a new car.

18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican Social Security program so that I'll get a monthly income in retirement.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who walk over to the U.S. From Mexico . I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Dethbob
05-04-2010, 03:00 PM

Head location: Below the shoulders, between the cheeks.

rockdawg21
05-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Please remember to bow down to him as well so rockdawg can move.
Thanks for the support! :happy0159:

What door, or even a fence? All that separates the U.S. and Mexico (the most lucrative drug border on the planet) are a few molecules of air and dihydrogen monoxide. Whatta joke.

NateR
05-04-2010, 11:06 PM

Do you really see no problem with the US providing, or the illegal aliens demanding, stuff like what rockdawg listed?

Vizion
05-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. Well, if we give this to Mexico, should they not treat us in kind?

logrus
05-04-2010, 11:31 PM
You guys are a bunch of rubes, you act like all this **** just started a month ago.

Buzzard
05-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Do you really see no problem with the US providing, or the illegal aliens demanding, stuff like what rockdawg listed?

Can you provide some links where illegal aliens are making these demands?

Would you like Obama to provide amnesty to the illegals like Reagan did, or like one that Bush proposed?

What door, or even a fence? All that separates the U.S. and Mexico (the most lucrative drug border on the planet) are a few molecules of air and dihydrogen monoxide. Whatta joke.

Okay then, don't let the air provide too much lift so as to dump you on your behind when you cross the border.

Legalize marijuana and take away part of their lucrative drug trade. Use the money provided by sales and taxation of it, and use the hemp fibers and seeds for other needs. With the money earned, use some of it to fund the protection of our borders.

Well, if we give this to Mexico, should they not treat us in kind?

Show me where we give this to Mexico.

Since we have gone into other countries to fight terrorism, should we let them in ours to do the same?

NateR
05-05-2010, 12:00 AM
You guys are a bunch of rubes, you act like all this **** just started a month ago.

Um, nobody's acting like that. :huh:

NateR
05-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Can you provide some links where illegal aliens are making these demands?

No, because I've got better things to do than to waste my time trying to win an argument over the internet. You are blind fool if you don't see the problems that illegal immigration is causing in this country and why Arizona is acting in the best interests of its citizens.

Buzzard
05-05-2010, 12:21 AM
No, because I've got better things to do than to waste my time trying to win an argument over the internet. You are blind fool if you don't see the problems that illegal immigration is causing in this country and why Arizona is acting in the best interests of its citizens.

I see the problems. I have also seen that stupid OP last year. I just asked if you could provide any facts to back it up.

I understand why people want to come to our country. It has massive opportunity and is a great place to live.

If you were completely broke and needed to provide food for your family, would you ever steal a loaf of bread so your children could survive, or would you just let them starve to death? Would you care to walk a mile in an illegal aliens shoes who is only trying to provide for his family?

I didn't realize the topic of this thread was Arizona.

donaldbreland
05-05-2010, 12:34 AM
I see the problems. I have also seen that stupid OP last year. I just asked if you could provide any facts to back it up.

I understand why people want to come to our country. It has massive opportunity and is a great place to live.

If you were completely broke and needed to provide food for your family, would you ever steal a loaf of bread so your children could survive, or would you just let them starve to death? Would you care to walk a mile in an illegal aliens shoes who is only trying to provide for his family?

replying to whats in bold.

That's why I believe in God. He will not let me be broke and I will never go hungry.

Buzzard
05-05-2010, 12:43 AM
replying to whats in bold.

That's why I believe in God. He will not let me be broke and I will never go hungry.

Never say never.

rockdawg21
05-05-2010, 01:09 AM
Okay then, don't let the air provide too much lift so as to dump you on your behind when you cross the border.
LOL, now THAT'S funny! You got my dad and I crackin' up here!

Legalize marijuana and take away part of their lucrative drug trade. Use the money provided by sales and taxation of it, and use the hemp fibers and seeds for other needs. With the money earned, use some of it to fund the protection of our borders.
I've said for years it should be legalized and just tax the crap out of it. It could provide a tremendous amount of money to provide for things like education and I think you've got a great idea there!

rockdawg21
05-05-2010, 01:11 AM

I've always said myself if I lived in Mexico, I'd cross the border too. However, the difference is that I would respect the laws and culture of the country to which I'm moving. This seems ironic considering my bolding of "respect the laws" but I don't even care about crossing done legally - just pay taxes and learn English, simple as that.

rearnakedchoke
05-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Um, nobody's acting like that. :huh:

When GWB was president, i don't remember any threads being started addressed to him asking him to solve the illegal immigration problem ..

donaldbreland
05-05-2010, 02:16 AM
I think Bush sucked too. I think all this started way back when though.

Buzzard: I am saying I will never go hungry because I believe, I receive when I pray.

Buzzard
05-05-2010, 04:03 AM
LOL, now THAT'S funny! You got my dad and I crackin' up here!

I've said for years it should be legalized and just tax the crap out of it. It could provide a tremendous amount of money to provide for things like education and I think you've got a great idea there!

I've always said myself if I lived in Mexico, I'd cross the border too. However, the difference is that I would respect the laws and culture of the country to which I'm moving. This seems ironic considering my bolding of "respect the laws" but I don't even care about crossing done legally - just pay taxes and learn English, simple as that.

Uh oh. We keep getting along like this and people will start talking.

I'm all for people respecting our laws and culture, but it has to go hand in hand. One of the neatest things I remember about moving to So-Cal as a kid was meeting people from so many different cultures. I had Mexican, Indian, African, German and other friends and I really learned a lot from them. Inside I saw that we were all just kids who came from different places.

Maybe I've just been lucky. It seems that every immigrant I have met has shown me respect and tried their best to communicate with me. At my work there are people from many different countries, and at times it's a little difficult to understand them with their accents, but they try. Perhaps it's because of the position I hold, but I think a lot of it is how I treat them.

donaldbreland
05-05-2010, 04:05 AM
Buzzard I finally found out what the problem is with you. You were raised up in Southern Cal. It's ok brother we're gonna get through this together. I promise.

Buzzard
05-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Buzzard I finally found out what the problem is with you. You were raised up in Southern Cal. It's ok brother we're gonna get through this together. I promise.

Lol. It was great there. I could go to the desert, beach, mountains, and snow in one day. It was a kids dream. Also, the bikini clad women on the Strand were awesome.

I was also there for a lot of rock and roll history. Hollyweird was only 20 some miles away and we got all the new music it seemed before anywhere else. I went to so many concerts I can't remember.

All that because Obama is president.:laugh:

rockdawg21
05-05-2010, 04:16 AM
Uh oh. We keep getting along like this and people will start talking.

I'm all for people respecting our laws and culture, but it has to go hand in hand. One of the neatest things I remember about moving to So-Cal as a kid was meeting people from so many different cultures. I had Mexican, Indian, African, German and other friends and I really learned a lot from them. Inside I saw that we were all just kids who came from different places.

Maybe I've just been lucky. It seems that every immigrant I have met has shown me respect and tried their best to communicate with me. At my work there are people from many different countries, and at times it's a little difficult to understand them with their accents, but they try. Perhaps it's because of the position I hold, but I think a lot of it is how I treat them.
I live in San Antonio so I'm extremely used to immigration as well as cultural diversity. Even the Mexicans who live there say one thing - learn English. Iranians, Indians, Dominicans, Africans, Germans, Italians, Chinese, Russians, Filipinos, Koreans, etc. come to the U.S. and you know what they all have in common? They learn or have pre-learned English, pay their taxes, and don't bitch and moan about the need for "cultural equality" because it's already present.

donaldbreland
05-05-2010, 04:19 AM
My Wifes Grandfather Lives in Beverly Hills. He gets his legs waxed and his toes done. No he isn't gay but close. He came down last year and we asked him about it and he said everyone gets it done there. When you said you lived there as a child That's when I realized I need to save you. Do you live there now?

Buzzard
05-05-2010, 05:11 AM
My Wifes Grandfather Lives in Beverly Hills. He gets his legs waxed and his toes done. No he isn't gay but close. He came down last year and we asked him about it and he said everyone gets it done there. When you said you lived there as a child That's when I realized I need to save you. Do you live there now?

I'm sorry, but I don't think I could ever get my legs waxed or toes done.

I don't live out there anymore. I moved back to the state where I originally lived. I never would have been able to afford to buy a house out there. I do miss it out there though, but I missed here when I was there. I have awesome memories from there.........thanks to Obama.:laugh:

logrus
05-05-2010, 06:59 AM
I wonder if people did the same thing when the black movement was goin on in the late 50's to late 60's.

Dear Ford, A colored man sat in my seat today, how would you like it if I sat in your seat...

J.B.
05-05-2010, 07:05 AM
I wonder if people did the same thing when the black movement was goin on in the late 50's to late 60's.

Dear Ford, A colored man sat in my seat today, how would you like it if I sat in your seat...

:laugh:

Funny, yet completely different.

This is not a civil rights issue, this is an issue over illegal immigration.

Play The Man
05-05-2010, 08:03 AM

President Ford served from 1974-1977. It would be difficult, to say the least, for someone in the late 50's to late 60's to write to President Ford.

Tyburn
05-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Dear President Obama,

:laugh::laugh:

Serious question now....Does anyone know if you need a Visa to visit or work in antartica...or the arctic circle if its just above frozen ocean :huh:

Neezar
05-05-2010, 02:08 PM

Exactly. Neither is it an issue of what Bush did about immigration or anyone else before him. But that's all they got, J.B.

Miss Foxy
05-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Don't bang on So-Cal...:angry:

Miss Foxy
05-05-2010, 04:31 PM
I live in San Antonio so I'm extremely used to immigration as well as cultural diversity. Even the Mexicans who live there say one thing - learn English. Iranians, Indians, Dominicans, Africans, Germans, Italians, Chinese, Russians, Filipinos, Koreans, etc. come to the U.S. and you know what they all have in common? They learn or have pre-learned English, pay their taxes, and don't bitch and moan about the need for "cultural equality" because it's already present.

The filipinos I had to deal with in San Diego didnt learn English are you kidding me? LMAO..They would have one family member join the Navy then would bring the parents, uncles, and family members then... all of a sudden they have a house of 12 and start breeding like roaches..

Spiritwalker
05-05-2010, 05:09 PM

Your lucky...

and I still think if your not here in the country leaglly, you should STILL have your nice, fantastic self deported.

rearnakedchoke
05-05-2010, 07:46 PM
The filipinos I had to deal with in San Diego didnt learn English are you kidding me? LMAO..They would have one family member join the Navy then would bring the parents, uncles, and family members then... all of a sudden they have a house of 12 and start breeding like roaches..

i'd have to agree .. the pilipino population up here are the same ... they only understand when you put up your hands and say "pac man"

Miss Foxy
05-05-2010, 08:29 PM
i'd have to agree .. the pilipino population up here are the same ... they only understand when you put up your hands and say "pac man"

lmfao!!

logrus
05-05-2010, 10:47 PM
President Ford served from 1974-1977. It would be difficult, to say the least, for someone in the late 50's to late 60's to write to President Ford.

I know, its kinda like blaming Obama for immigration when its been going on way before him.

logrus
05-05-2010, 10:51 PM

I am glad you got a chuckle out of it "Los Suns" lol

Buzzard
05-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Exactly. Neither is it an issue of what Bush did about immigration or anyone else before him. But that's all they got, J.B.

Oh, so are the immigration problems we have Obama's fault now? How would you feel if Obama did as Reagan did and granted them amnesty? What are your thought on Reagan's amnesty deal and the one Bush had proposed? Perhaps I took the post as a slam on Obama rather than just a slam on the immigration problem.

If you've got something, let's hear it.

donaldbreland
05-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Personally I think this has been going on past Regan. I am 30 years old and I can't remember having a decent President. I have heard people talk about how crooked Nixon was but I also heard that If we would have had Nixon in office at the end of Vietnam we would've won.

J.B.
05-06-2010, 12:43 AM
I am glad you got a chuckle out of it "Los Suns" lol

I was waiting for somebody to bring that up. :laugh:

It's funny, they wore the Latin Jerseys twice this year, before tonight, and I was actually at the last game when they wore them. It's a cool promotion, and I like the jerseys. If they were doing this simply because of "Cinco de Mayo", I would be fine with that, but adding the political aspect to it can be a bad idea.

I am never a big fan of athletes and teams getting involved in politics. Typically, it's just bad for business, and the Suns are walking a thin line by doing this tonight, especially during a Playoff game. I read an article this morning that quoted Michael Jordan some years back saying; "Republicans buy shoes too". I think part of it was to protect their interests and avoid any of the backlash their next door neighbors in downtown Phoenix, the Diamondbacks, have gotten from Hispanics. However, now they have just created a divide amongst fans on the other side, as many are claiming to have stopped supporting the Suns over this. (I am not one of those idiots :laugh:)

Right now, the Suns have the opportunity to accomplish great things, which transcend politics, by beating the Spurs and moving on in the playoffs. Doing that will help, even if only a little, to ease the tension in the streets between people. However, getting involved by making a divisive political statement only works to fuel the arguing.

Neezar
05-06-2010, 12:47 AM
Oh, so are the immigration problems we have Obama's fault now? How would you feel if Obama did as Reagan did and granted them amnesty? What are your thought on Reagan's amnesty deal and the one Bush had proposed? Perhaps I took the post as a slam on Obama rather than just a slam on the immigration problem.

If you've got something, let's hear it.

Oh, so are the immigration problems we have Obama's fault now?

No, but they are his responsibility now.

You obviously don't think that Obama should do anything just because Bush did it, do you? After all he is all about change.

That is like buying a house with a leaky toilet but not fixing it because the previous owners never did.

donaldbreland
05-06-2010, 01:12 AM

You obviously don't think that Obama should do anything just because Bush did it, do you? After all he is all about change.

That is like buying a house with a leaky toilet but not fixing it because the previous owners never did.

You have to love that analogy. :cool:

rockdawg21
05-06-2010, 02:56 AM
Filipinos speak English as well. It's an official language for one, all secondary education is taught in English, and they were probably just being pricks like some of the southern border jumpers acting as if they couldn't speak English.

Buzzard
05-06-2010, 04:25 AM

You're obviously mistaken.

You always seem to skirt any direct questions asked of you. Is it because you are waiting for someone to tell you what your opinion is?:tongue0011: Seriously though, why don't you ever seem to answer any questions posed to you?

Neezar
05-06-2010, 04:36 AM

You always seem to skirt any direct questions asked of you. Is it because you are waiting for someone to tell you what your opinion is?:tongue0011: Seriously though, why don't you ever seem to answer any questions posed to you?

I answered the one that was relevant.

Buzzard
05-06-2010, 07:03 AM
I answered the one that was relevant.

If you think that your opinions have no value, I won't ask anymore. BTW, the other questions are relevant to the topic of immigration and your thoughts on prior policy and such. You do wear that skirt well.

ufcfan2
05-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Dear President Obama,

While I won't totally disagree with these issues,but hasn't this stuff gone on for years and years and not exactly the current administration issue?

rockdawg21
05-07-2010, 02:41 AM
While I won't totally disagree with these issues,but hasn't this stuff gone on for years and years and not exactly the current administration issue?
Yes, but it's his problem now. Things were going to "change" with his administration weren't they? What's going on is hardly the change people want, so states are taking it into their own hands and telling Obama where to stick it.

NateR
05-07-2010, 02:56 AM

You need to watch how you speak to the moderators here. I won't ban you for expressing your opinion, no matter how misled I believe you to be, but I will ban you for becoming abusive to the mods on this site.

NateR
05-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Personally I think this has been going on past Regan. I am 30 years old and I can't remember having a decent President. I have heard people talk about how crooked Nixon was but I also heard that If we would have had Nixon in office at the end of Vietnam we would've won.

Actually Nixon was in office at the end of Vietnam, he actually got elected on the promise that he would end the war. His intent was to win the war by expanding it into Laos and Cambodia, which was the logical tactical move; but the hippie peace riots were becoming so violent that he decided that a troop withdrawal was the only way. So if you want to know who is to blame for losing that war, blame the anti-war protesters.

donaldbreland
05-07-2010, 03:20 AM
Actually Nixon was in office at the end of Vietnam, he actually got elected on the promise that he would end the war. His intent was to win the war by expanding it into Laos and Cambodia, which was the logical tactical move; but the hippie peace riots were becoming so violent that he decided that a troop withdrawal was the only way. So if you want to know who is to blame for losing that war, blame the anti-war protesters.

Thanks for the info. Don't know much about Vietnam except for the fact that I honor our heroes.