PDA

View Full Version : Back in the High Life Again!

VCURamFan
05-04-2010, 02:50 AM
I'm sore, exhausted & have to be up early again tomorrow morning, so I gotta make this brief:

I started my new job today & it went great. I feel like I'm picking everything up pretty quick & have yet to find anything that feels like it's over my head. Everyone is really cheerful & welcoming, except for the lady I'm training with. That being said, she only seems grouchy because she's got a really sarcastic sense of humor, so needless to say, she & I get along great! :happydancing:

Most importantly, I was finally able to get back into the BJJ/MT gym tonight! I'm beat to a pulp (worked sprawls/cross-facing/taking the back/chokes & side control escapes for 3hrs), but had an amazing time (actually even came close to yakking at the very end! :happydancing: ). All in all it's been a fantastic day & I can't wait to wake up & do it all over again tomorrow.

Please be praying that I blow everyone's mind at work so that when my 90 day temp job is done in late July they'll decide to hire me full time. :frantics:

Play The Man
05-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Congratulations! You should celebrate with a nice steak dinner. Just don't ruin it like you usually do with the A-1.

Silverback
05-04-2010, 10:24 AM
I am happy for you, good job, and good luck!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

County Mike
05-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Way to kick butt! Keep it going.

Llamafighter
05-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Nice job, Ben. Glad to hear things are on the up and up for ya, bud!

Shoots like a girl
05-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Yep, celebrating with a steak dinner sounds good and dont worry about him.........use all the A1 you want! I think you've earned it!!! Im glad that you like the new job!

flo
05-04-2010, 04:44 PM
You have a great attitude, congratulations!!

VCURamFan
05-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks, y'all!! Actually my dad took me out for steak the night I got hired. It's been a good time. Right now I'm popping Ibuprofen like they were Tic-Tacs to make sure I can make it to the gym (weights, not gis) tonight. :laugh:

Congratulations! You should celebrate with a nice steak dinner. Just don't ruin it like you usually do with the A-1.
O, don't sweat it, I don't use that anymore!

Now I drown my steaks in Ketchup & Mustard!! :tongue0011:

MattHughesRocks
05-05-2010, 03:26 AM
:w00t:

Tell me when you get your first check. I'll start my wish list of things you can buy me!:happydancing:

philips4
05-05-2010, 06:12 AM
Way to go!!! Enjoy the new job and have fun back in training, just don't break anything before your 90 day review is up! :laugh:

VCURamFan
05-05-2010, 11:30 AM
:w00t:

Tell me when you get your first check. I'll start my wish list of things you can buy me!:happydancing:Well, my budget is all worked out already & I only have $20 a month for gifts. Make sure to keep it cheap! :unsure:

Way to go!!! Enjoy the new job and have fun back in training, just don't break anything before your 90 day review is up! :laugh:
Especially since I won't get health benefits until the job goes permanent in August. :laugh: