UFC 95 Preliminary Bouts:
-Terry Etim def. Brian Cobb by TKO, 0.10 R2
-Junior dos Santos def. Stefan Struve by TKO, 0.54 R1
-Evan Dunham def. Per Eklund by KO, 2.14 R1
-Mike Ciesnolevicz def. Neil Grove by Submission (Heel Hook) 1.03 R1
-Paul Kelly def. Troy Mandaloniz by Unanimous Dec. at 5.00, R3

UFC 95 LIVE PLAY-BY-PLAY:

Nathan Marquardt vs. Wilson Gouveia

R1 - Marquardt opens with an inside leg kick followed by an outside that misses. The two are hesitant to engage. Marquardt shoots some punches to the body before a high right kick that clips Gouveia. Gouveia begins to throw low kicks of his own. Marquardt throws a left high and a right low. Neither is committing to combinations, both still only firing out single shots. Marquardt barely misses a superman punch. Gouveia hits a cross-jab combination as Marquardt backs off. A right high connects with Gouveia's shoulder but he fires back, chasing Marquardt on the fence. He begins controlling the pace, late into the round and the two exchange short flurries of punches. Finally Marquardt shoots for a single and scores a take down. But Gouveia has a strong guillotine on. Marquardt escapes to cheers from the crowd. Marquardt escapes the guard, rolling Gouveia on his head. He sends short knees to the side of Gouveia before the round is up.

R2 - Both men start round two with care. Each respecting the strength of the other and knowing that one small mistake could be a disaster. The two fight on the fence, exchanging short, but vicious punches, Gouveia's back to the fence. As Gouveia chases Marquardt to the other side of the cage, he overswings and misses a right. Marquardt capitalises and tries to take his back but winding up in Gouveia's guard where he throws short punches and shoulder butts. Gouveia tries to tie up Marquardt arms as his head is on the fence. Marquardt pulls him up to a standing guillotine before separating. Gouveia is beginning to look tired and Marquardt are beginning to connect more readily. A knee connects, followed by another flurry of short punches and another knee on the fence.

R3 - Marquardt begins throwing some light and sloppy kicks. Gouveia gets angry and begins forcing the pace. Marquardt connects with some punches to the body. Another combination from Marquardt has him taking to the back of Gouveia where it is unclear if he is looking for a suplex or other takedown. Eventually Gouveia turns into him and he attempts a single leg, but it is clear that both men are tired. They separate and Gouveia tries to be more aggressive. A flying knee from Marquardt phases Gouveia and he takes the opportunity to follow it up with a series of high kicks, a spinning back fist that flies over Gouveia's head. Finally Gouveia drops to the ground, covering his head and the referee stops the fight.

Nathan Marquardt def. Wilson Gouveia by TKO, 3:10 R3

Chael Sonnen vs. Demian Maia

R1 - Maia opens with a strong cross that doesn't connect. He follows with a left kick that is caught and is promptly thrown to the ground. But Sonnen wants the fight standing. Maia dives in with a rugby tackle and tries to pull Sonnen into his guard. Sonnen is controlling the ground and manages to stand out the guard, eating a short upward punch in the process. Finally the two men stand up and Maia throws an overhand left to clinch with double underhooks. He belly to belly suplexes Sonnen and on the ground secures a triangle choke leaving no option for his opponent but to tap.

Demian Maia def. Chael Sonnen by Submission (Triangle Choke) 2.37 R1

Josh Koscheck vs. Paulo Thiago

R1 - Koscheck hesitantly touches Thiago's glove and the two circle the centre of the cage. Both throw heavy punches, neither connect. Thiago is the first to connect with a right low. Each one is calculating a big shot but neither committing. A massive overhand right from Koscheck connects and Thiago is lucky to not have been dropped. A strong one two from Koscheck also connects and he begins working the jab. Thiago must be feeling tentative given the shots he's eaten. The crowd boo at the lack of actual strikes. Koscheck works an overhand right - left high kick on the fence. With Koscheck looking to be in charge, a perfectly timed right uppercut - left hook combination knocks out Koscheck. Thiago drops his hands, confident of his victory and the referee steps in to stop the fight before any further damage is done. The crowd and Koscheck are not happy.

Paulo Thiago def. Josh Koscheck by KO, 3.29 R1

Brian Cobb vs. Terry Etim

Etim walks in to Phil Collin's In The Air Tonight and rapturous applause from the home crowd. Cobb has BJ Penn in his corner and is looking psyched as he paces up and down, whilst Etim looks relaxed.

R1 - Etim opens with a high kick that misses and follows with two low inside kicks, the second of which is caught but soon let go. Cobb shoot at Etim on the cage but they separate and return to the centre of the rind. Another let kick from Etim is caught and Cobb takes the fight to the ground, folding Etim over before he finally wnds up in Etim's guard. Etim keeps him close attempting to get the fight standing, which promptly happends. Etim is working the low kicks. Every one that catches gets a cheer from the audience. Finally Cobb shoots for a take down and lands in Etim's guard where he works body shots on the Liverpool, lad. After boos from the audience, the ref stands it up again. Cobb is looking to get a takedown but Etim is careful to throw low punches and a knee to stop this.
MMA Weekly scores the round 10-9 Etim.

R2 - Etim opens the round with a heavy right low kick followed by a big left high kick that drops Cobb hard. He follows with a couple of punches that connect cleanly with Cobb's face, forcing the referee to stop the fight only 10 seconds into the second round, much to the delight of the British fans.

Terry Etim def. Brian Cobb by TKO, 0.10 R2

Junior dos Santos vs. Stefan Struve

R1 - Dos Santos appears focussed as they enter the Octagon, whilst Struve seems much more relaxed. After some careful circling, dos Santos lands an overhand right to a clinch, early on. They seperate and d os Santos lands an inside legkick, following up with a barrage of punches finishing with a heavy overhand right that drops Struve, causing the referee to jump in and stop the fight for a quick TKO victory.

Junior dos Santos def. Stefan Struve by TKO 0.54, R1

Evan Dunham vs. Per Eklund

R1 - The two touch gloves. Dunham, the southpaw, drops Eklund with a stiff punch and follows him onto the ground. Eklund pulls guard as the two stand up and he searches for an armbar. A low kick from Eklund is met with a hard right from Dunham. Every shot from Eklund seems to encourage a harder shot or combination from Dunham. Eklund gives a hard kick but Dunham responds with a heavy cross that drops Eklund hard, his head crashing face first to the mat. The referee looks to jump in to stop it but Eklund recovers and turns back just in time to be met with some vicious ground and pound securing the knockout.

Evan Dunham def. Per Eklund R1 by KO, 2.14 R1

Neil Grove vs. Mike Ciesnolevicz

R1 - The two men touch gloves. Ciesnolevicz goes for a take down and Grove ends up on top. Ciesnolevicz attempts a leg lock, moving to an inverted heel hook, finally causing Grove to tap to the disappointment of the British fans.

Mike Ciesnolevicz def. Neil Grove by Submission (Heel Hook) 1.03 R1

Paul Kelly vs. Troy Mandaloniz

R1 - The two start hard both fiercely striking each other. Kelly doesn't want to touch gloves. They clinch and dirty box. Kelly drops Mandaloniz with a cross and follows him to the ground they stand up clinching again and Kelly instigates a takedown from the clinch. Knees and short elbows are thrown as they travel across the cage. A lot of dirty boxing from the clinch ensues, Kelly looking more aggressive with his hands, but equally eating some knees. Kelly looks more hungry for the fight. The two exchange punches, taking it in turns and each looking hungry for the finish. Kelly goes to the ground in Mandaloniz's guard, throwing short shots. An elbow opens a cut above the left eye of Mandaloniz. It is bleening heavily down the side of the face of Mandaloniz. The round ends with Mandaloniz covered in blood.
MMA Weekly scores the round 10-9 Kelly.

R2 - The two start striking. The cut on Mandaloniz is big. Kelly quickly takes it to the ground looking to open the cut with short elbows. Kelly must be feeling strong at this point. Mandaloniz holds him close and the fight is stood up. Mandaloniz is still looking like he has fight in him. Kelly takes it to the ground again. Mandaloniz tries to take his back, but Kelly escapes, standing up in Mandaloniz's open guard, raining down punches. Mandaloniz attempts an armbar but Kelly escapes, ending up in Mandaloniz's guard again. Both men look tired. With 10 seconds to go, Kelly tries to get a final few punches in. MMA Weekly scores the round 10-9 Kelly.

R3 - Both men start the round with no intention to take it to the ground. Mandaloniz looks tired and he has a cut under his right eye. Kelly is taking his time much more than earlier rounds. He must feel that the fight is his and not looking to make a mistake. Mandaloniz still has a sting in his punches. He bloocks a short elbow from Kelly, before the fight again goes to the ground. Kelly escapes an armbar attempt to land in Mandaloniz's guard. The crowd begin to boo at the relative lack of activity on the ground. They are heavily backing the home fighter, Kelly. As the fighters stand up, Mandaloniz forces the pace, with Kelly striking on the retreat. At the fence, Mandaloniz goes for a takedown and Kelly winds up on top in his guard, before the round ends and the two men show their respect for each other. Kelly circles the cage with his hand raised, for the home crowd. MMA Weekly scores the round 10-9 Kelly

Paul Kelly def. Troy Mandaloniz by Unanimous Dec

Black Mamba
02-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Dan Hardy vs. Rory Markham

R1 - Both men are very light on their toes, moving around the ring. They exchange punches, with Hardy more on the back foot. Seemingly from nowhere, a calculated and huge right cross from Hardy misses but the following left hook knocks out Markham. He follows up with a punch to his downed opponent, but the fight is over and Markham is out.

Dan Hardy def. Rory Markham by KO 1.09 R1

TheConcretekid
02-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah I'm watching right now (I'm in Colombia) at mmahacks.com and it is one of the best cards I have seen in a while! :w00t:

In my youtube predictions (I get bored here, I don't speak Spanish! Dont judge!) I used my nostradamus like intuition :wacko: to predict that this card would be the polar opposite of 94 (which had the record number of decisions and lenght of fights) and boy howdy was I right! As of 4:50pm EST all but 1 fight has ended by Sub, KO or TKO and there is only one fight left, which is Diego Stevenson!

This card rocks! So much better than 94. Take that all you haters claiming this card was lame! :tongue0011:

I guess the fighters listened to Dana during his little pep talk in his vlog.

Sucks for who ever has to pick the fight/knockout of the night.

VCURamFan
02-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Heck yeah!!! I'm 6-2 so far, but one of those "mistakes" was picking Kos to win, so I'm stoked to have screwed that one up!!! C'mon, Rory & Joe, let's end this right!!!

EDIT: Dang it! O well, Rory'll come back better than ever. WAR MILETICH!!!

Black Mamba
02-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Stevenson

R1 - Sanchez is looking fired up, compared to a very calm Stevenson. The crowd are cheering despite neither being a home fighter. They circle. Sanchez attempting the first combination which misses. He shoots for a single, unsuccessfully. Stevenson fires a combination of punches on the cage. Sanchez mixes punches to the head and body but still on his back foot. A knee from Sanchez connects. Both seem happy to keep this fight standing. Stevenson wlkis into some punches and a second combination has him shooting unsuccessfully. They return to the centre of the opctagon. A heavy jab from Stevenson connects but not cleanly. Sanchez attempts another knee which is blocked, before walking onto Stevenson's jab. Again the exchange combinations of punches in the centre of the cage, before Sanchez attempts a final kick. The round is over and the two touch gloves in respect.

Black Mamba
02-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Concrete Kid, I agree with you, this card is far from being lame. I am really impressed at how these fights are going, and can't wait to see them.

My only mistake so far was picking Kos to win too. I might have missed the Rory fight, but I don't remember. So far so good on my picks though. :cool:

Black Mamba
02-21-2009, 09:22 PM
R2 - They begin the second round, again, happy to keep it standing. A knee causes Stevenson to shoot, but Sanchez capitalises. Stevenson shows his strength by picking up Sanchez over his shoulder. Sanchez uses his low kick again. They clinch on the fence and Stevenson takes a standing guillotine. A scramble on the ground leaves Sanchez trying to secure the arm for a keylock. As they separate, the crowd cheers. Both men are still looking strong but it is clear the amount of energy they have expended. Sanchez bgins to pick off Stevenson with single punches and as Stevenson aggressively fights back he also gets caught. Stevenson throws a big uppercut that connects and the two trade punching combinations, but to the delight of the audience. A nice high left kick from Sanchez finishes the round.

Black Mamba
02-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Round 3 starts explosively with the two staying in close proximity and only working punches. Both still have crisp strikes and single shots from either fighter are being met with big shots from the opponent. Both men begin showboating. Stevenson slips and they high five to show it was an accident;.. A big middle kick from Sanchez lands on Stevenson, spraying sweat off him. Sanchez shots, but the crowd boo. They want this to stay standing. Boos turn to cheers as they take the centre of the octagon.Stevenson begins egging on Sanchez in the last 2 minutes of the fight. He begins controlling the pace, pushing Sanchez on to the fence.Sanchex goes for a single leg and the two are tied up on the fence with Stevenson kneeing his opponent to the body. The crowd erupt in the final seconds. A flying knee from Sanchez and the two sand and trade. As the round ends, Stevenson clearly thinks he has won the fight as he runs around the cage. Diego Sanchez takes the win by unanimous decision to boos from the audience.

Diego Sanchez def. Joe Stevenson Unanimous Dec. at 5.00, R3

I knew it. I knew it. I knew it.

MattHughesRocks
02-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Poor Joe daddy, he needed a win. I really hate that Sanchez won but I'm pretty happy Kosceck lost. I'll watch the fights when they come on west coast time.
Oh, and Mike C won. Very cool :0

TheConcretekid
02-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Yeah, Kos was my only mess up, and I lost a bunch of fake money on him.

Though it's kinda easy sometimes with the UK cards, so when I am not familiar with the fighters I play a little game called "Pick the Brit"

bj44
02-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Yeah I'm watching right now (I'm in Colombia) at mmahacks.com and it is one of the best cards I have seen in a while! :w00t:

In my youtube predictions (I get bored here, I don't speak Spanish! Dont judge!) I used my nostradamus like intuition :wacko: to predict that this card would be the polar opposite of 94 (which had the record number of decisions and lenght of fights) and boy howdy was I right! As of 4:50pm EST all but 1 fight has ended by Sub, KO or TKO and there is only one fight left, which is Diego Stevenson!

This card rocks! So much better than 94. Take that all you haters claiming this card was lame! :tongue0011:

I guess the fighters listened to Dana during his little pep talk in his vlog.

Sucks for who ever has to pick the fight/knockout of the night.
when your watching a ufc illegally on the internet its best not to point out the site where your watching it on a public forum or it will get shut down fast

matthughesfan21
02-22-2009, 01:19 AM
just saw the kos fight on Spike, well I am happy about the outcome, but that was a very very bad stoppage, sure he dropped, but he started to lean back up and hadn't even taken another shot yet...He has reason to be upset about that

matthughesfan21
02-22-2009, 01:23 AM
just saw the replay, and I might have changed my stance on the stoppage...His eyes rolled back and he looked out cold, he might have been able to recover, but his hands were also down, so he could have taken some big follow up shots as well

Black Mamba
02-22-2009, 02:01 AM
UFC 95 AWARDS AND BONUSES
(All awards include a $40,000 bonus for each fighter.)

UFC 95 Fight of the Night
Diego Sanchez and Joe Stevenson

UFC 95 Knockout of the Night
Paulo Thiago

UFC 95 Submission of the Night
Demian Maia

TheConcretekid
02-22-2009, 02:05 AM
when your watching a ufc illegally on the internet its best not to point out the site where your watching it on a public forum or it will get shut down fast

False

rearnakedchoke
02-22-2009, 03:52 AM
oaky, so i was wrong .. i thought sanchez would dominate and he didn't .... his UD IMO didn't live up to what it was worth ... BJ will eat florian and anyone else in the LW div .... plain and simple

maia is sick ...

kos got ko'd .... maybe and early stoppage, but had the ref let it go further, he would have been hurt more

nate needs another shot, but i don't see it being anydiffernt

Mac
02-22-2009, 04:02 AM
The card didnt look that great on paper , but when it came right down to it , It was some very exciting fights , semmed like they were all first round ko's lol . At first i thought the kos fight was stopped early till i saw the replay , he his eyes were looking into the 5th row. SOme great kos tonight and i gotta hand it to Diego , looked like he handled the cut great and he looks good at 55.

ufcfan2
02-22-2009, 04:13 AM

Paulo Thiago

Demian Maia
Blah, thought the Diego/Joe fight was a tad on the boring side but wont complain. Joe has just gotta do something besides box he did absolutely nothing else.
I thought Nate fight was pretty darn good as well and like to see him fight Okami and for next shot at title(im assuming hendo/bisping winner will get next?)
Ya, i was a little shocked at the Kos fight, Thiago just did'nt look really good in his standup,but badda bing badda bam KO.
Not a bad UFC card can't complain too much as it was free.
*on side note,maybe it was just me,but I felt I was watching all commercials with a few fights thrown inbetween...

rearnakedchoke
02-22-2009, 04:21 AM

Paulo Thiago

Demian Maia
i think that is pretty much right, but i'd say the kelly/rudeboy fight was a little more exciting ..sure, kelly beat his ass, but there were a few moments in there that rudeboy almost slapped on a sub

matthughesfan21
02-22-2009, 04:23 AM
Blah, thought the Diego/Joe fight was a tad on the boring side but wont complain. Joe has just gotta do something besides box he did absolutely nothing else.
I thought Nate fight was pretty darn good as well and like to see him fight Okami and for next shot at title(im assuming hendo/bisping winner will get next?)
Ya, i was a little shocked at the Kos fight, Thiago just did'nt look really good in his standup,but badda bing badda bam KO.
Not a bad UFC card can't complain too much as it was free.
*on side note,maybe it was just me,but I felt I was watching all commercials with a few fights thrown inbetween... thats how i felt as well, I like not having to pay for it, but I don't do that with the other ufc's either:laugh: , so all the commercials(which I hate) were pretty irritating, it was a good night of fights though, so I can't complain, too mcuh

rearnakedchoke
02-22-2009, 04:25 AM
thats how i felt as well, I like not having to pay for it, but I don't do that with the other ufc's either:laugh: , so all the commercials(which I hate) were pretty irritating, it was a good night of fights though, so I can't complain, too mcuh

you mean it wasn't shown live??? it was shown live up here in canada on sportsnet .... i am sure it must have been shown live down there on some channel

matthughesfan21
02-22-2009, 04:31 AM
you mean it wasn't shown live??? it was shown live up here in canada on sportsnet .... i am sure it must have been shown live down there on some channel
I don't know your timezones, but it started at 8PM central time here in america, and I know it started much earlier than that, around like 1 PM time

timmyja
02-22-2009, 05:00 AM
The inconsistency with the refs showed pretty big in the Kos fight.. I'm not a HUGE kos fan but.. I think he was robbed. In both Franklin's second fight with Tanner and his fight with Louiseau he was dropped like that, but with the proper time to recover he came back and won both fights. Chuck fell to Wanderlei twice and ended up winning that fight. I think the ref should have at least made thiago jump in and rain down a couple hammerfists to solidify his win. Hell, Derrick Noble hurt Thiago Alves, and now he's fighting for the title... War Yves Lavigne

Llamafighter
02-22-2009, 05:08 AM
The inconsistency with the refs showed pretty big in the Kos fight.. I'm not a HUGE kos fan but.. I think he was robbed. In both Franklin's second fight with Tanner and his fight with Louiseau he was dropped like that, but with the proper time to recover he came back and won both fights. Chuck fell to Wanderlei twice and ended up winning that fight. I think the ref should have at least made thiago jump in and rain down a couple hammerfists to solidify his win. Hell, Derrick Noble hurt Thiago Alves, and now he's fighting for the title... War Yves Lavigne

Are you being serious?! THere is a HUGE difference between the fights you mentioned and the way that Kos fell. Josh wasn't looking at his opponent and was leaning up off the mat. He's lucky that Paulo realized how ****ed he was otherwise he would have eaten a huge shot completely unprotected.
Rewatch it. the ref made the right call.

matthughesfan21
02-22-2009, 05:11 AM
Are you being serious?! THere is a HUGE difference between the fights you mentioned and the way that Kos fell. Josh wasn't looking at his opponent and was leaning up off the mat. He's lucky that Paulo realized how ****ed he was otherwise he would have eaten a huge shot completely unprotected.
Rewatch it. the ref made the right call.I thought Timmyja's way upond first watch, but watching replays, I agree with you 100% percent

atomdanger
02-22-2009, 05:38 AM
Maia is so slick, very nice.

atomdanger
02-22-2009, 05:40 AM

I thought the stop was LATE.

If Thiago hadn't stopped he could have really hurt him,
the ref should have stopped that before KOS hit the ground.
KOS hit the ground with his face sticking up and no hands up, no defense, nothing.

timmyja
02-22-2009, 06:16 AM
I'll have to rewatch it, but to me, it looked premature. He was cracked, but I don't know.. Other than that, awesome card.. Maia looked phenomenal, as did Marquardt. Good card.. wish some of the ones I paid for were as good

Tyburn
02-22-2009, 06:55 AM
:unsure-1:

ooookay so I did a foolish thing. I went to bed and woke up the early hours of the morning...and thats when I remembered the event was being hosted in England NOT the U.S :laugh:

I'll have to watch the repeats tonight.

Didnt do to badly with my picks though, apart from Koscheck and Stevenson :angry:

billwilliams70
02-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Got up early, watched all the fights.

Maia is fantastic! How long before he gets a title shot?

Later.

Jeval
02-22-2009, 11:24 AM

Yeah, I was surprised because I was getting ready to watch it at 10:00 PM (Atlantic Time Zone) on Spike. Instead i noticed it was on in the afternoon on SportsNet.

F34R
02-22-2009, 11:26 AM
he commercials were irritating, but the fights were great. I didn't think Kos would get KTFO, but that's how it goes sometimes. Everything else went as expected. Kos is the only fight I didn't pick right this time around. I don't know why he was even complaining. He should watch the fight and then call to thank that ref for saving his ass. Had Thiago pounced on him, like many others said already, he would have taken some serious damage.

TheConcretekid
02-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Did the States get to see all 10 fights like the UK did? Becuase the UK broadcast only had a few commericials and instead played the undercard fights. I guess if you cut out all the hype/talk you could still show all 10 fights and still have time for a bunch of ads, but it just seemed to me that there wouldnt be time to air a bunch of commercials and all 10 fights?

lc87
02-22-2009, 05:11 PM
I think they showed 9 of the fights. I think the one we didn't see is the paul kelly troy medolendes(sp) fight. I only remember one that went all 3 rounds to the decision.

Llamafighter
02-22-2009, 05:14 PM
I think they showed 9 of the fights. I think the one we didn't see is the paul kelly troy medolendes(sp) fight. I only remember one that went all 3 rounds to the decision.

yep we saw all but the Paul Kelly fight.

Jonlion
02-22-2009, 07:59 PM
I think Kos deserved a chance to recover.

Yeah he was gone but it seemed to me that any split second he was going to snap back in and protect himself or try to. It probably would not have changed the decision but i think he had the right to try to recover.

I know the terrible dangers but if i was a fighter, who'd trained for months, you are aware of the dangers and you'd want every opportunity to stay inn the fight.

There are many occasions when fighters have fought back, after being dumped on their arse. It wasnt like Josh was like Wandy, Nate Quarry or Chuck, he was still concious and im so sad because i really think Josh is the better fighter but he got caught beautifully.

Jason 16
02-22-2009, 10:47 PM
I think Kos deserved a chance to recover.

Yeah he was gone but it seemed to me that any split second he was going to snap back in and protect himself or try to. It probably would not have changed the decision but i think he had the right to try to recover.

I know the terrible dangers but if i was a fighter, who'd trained for months, you are aware of the dangers and you'd want every opportunity to stay inn the fight.

There are many occasions when fighters have fought back, after being dumped on their arse. It wasnt like Josh was like Wandy, Nate Quarry or Chuck, he was still concious and im so sad because i really think Josh is the better fighter but he got caught beautifully.

agree

Tyburn
02-22-2009, 10:51 PM
agree
I never noticed how horribly hairy BJ Penns armpits are until I looked in your siggie. Dont you think Fighters should shave underarm hair before a fight... :unsure:

Chuck
02-22-2009, 11:00 PM
I never noticed how horribly hairy BJ Penns armpits are until I looked in your siggie. Dont you think Fighters should shave underarm hair before a fight... :unsure:
:banghead: :doh:

:happy0198:

Jason 16
02-22-2009, 11:01 PM

ummm......

Josh
02-23-2009, 03:21 AM
Sig worthy.

Hughes_GOAT
02-23-2009, 03:25 AM
Kos was out on the uppercut but the left hook woke him up

GnP
02-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Good night of fights.

Thought BJ showed himself to be quite possibly the worst cornerman ever. Whilst Rudeboy was on the ground getting smashed, what did he shout? Get up! Well cheers BJ that is something i hadn't thought of doing. Then after round two when Rudeboy walked back to the corner looking like he had been hit by a freight train, did he offer words of advise on how to stop getting killed? nooooo the only thing he said was you look great he can't stand with you

haha well done BJ

Thought Mia looked incredible again and Nate is looking like a beast at the moment

CAVEMAN
02-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Does anyone else think Sanchez is borderline psychotic? What was up with the YES! YES! YES! YES! rant on the walk in. It also looked like he was foaming at the mouth.:laugh:

TheConcretekid
02-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Does anyone else think Sanchez is borderline psychotic? What was up with the YES! YES! YES! YES! rant on the walk in. It also looked like he was foaming at the mouth.:laugh:

Yeah I noticed that, normally he's very Hughes/Fedor like, very subdued. And he does that stupid karate kid breathing thing... but I guess he want to amp himself up, or scare Joe Daddy, or to get people talking about it on forums...

Max
02-23-2009, 03:22 PM
I thought the card was ok. The fights were exciting but very few were what I would consider good fights. It was free so I really cant complain that much but IMO it should have been a UFN and not a numbered UFC.

Spiritwalker
02-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah I noticed that, normally he's very Hughes/Fedor like, very subdued. And he does that stupid karate kid breathing thing... but I guess he want to amp himself up, or scare Joe Daddy, or to get people talking about it on forums...

Trust me.. it isnt' stupid.. it may look "stupid" to the uninformed... but it turly helps. Do some reading on TCM.

EDIT..

Traditional Chinese medicine = TCM

Llamafighter
02-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Trust me.. it isnt' stupid.. it may look "stupid" to the uninformed... but it turly helps. Do some reading on TCM.

EDIT..

Traditional Chinese medicine = TCM

It's like an emotional cleansing right, Spirit?
If you saw any of the behind the scenes stuff from Fedor's fight with AA. When he's backstage he's doing the exact same thing. I'm off to find the vid:ninja:

Llamafighter
02-23-2009, 04:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32awPwC5FC4&feature=channel_page
Here it is fast forward to the 6 minute mark. the rest is that punk Jerry Millan harrassing DW via text messaging. it's crazy to see Fedor psyching up like that. all we see is the result

Spiritwalker
02-24-2009, 02:30 AM
It's like an emotional cleansing right, Spirit?
If you saw any of the behind the scenes stuff from Fedor's fight with AA. When he's backstage he's doing the exact same thing. I'm off to find the vid:ninja:

Yes and no. There is a lot of emotional cleansing, I agree.. but out focus is mainly on the energy of the body, and how to manipulate it.

It sounds really hokey, and I hate talking about it to people without being able to show the.

On the grand scheme of things.. I know nothing.. But I can show people how it works.. and my teachers.. wow..

And as for "chi" ball KOs... please.. those are laughable.

MattHughesRocks
02-24-2009, 03:20 AM
That was very cool except for Mr. Bittermouth:blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32awPwC5FC4&feature=channel_page
Here it is fast forward to the 6 minute mark. the rest is that punk Jerry Millan harrassing DW via text messaging. it's crazy to see Fedor psyching up like that. all we see is the result

MattHughesRocks
02-24-2009, 03:21 AM
Hey didn't you get the one BJ pic only memo Max :Whistle:

I thought the card was ok. The fights were exciting but very few were what I would consider good fights. It was free so I really cant complain that much but IMO it should have been a UFN and not a numbered UFC.

Max
02-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Hey didn't you get the one BJ pic only memo Max :Whistle:
nope

Josh
02-25-2009, 05:23 AM
I think he is a total nut. I have thought so since TUF 1. Everytime he said YES! spit would fly out of his mouth.:laugh:

Llamafighter
02-25-2009, 12:35 PM
I think he is a total nut. I have thought so since TUF 1. Everytime he said YES! spit would fly out of his mouth.:laugh:

Come on now, that's just good diction

Chuck
02-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Come on now, that's jsut good diction
:laugh:

Llamafighter
02-25-2009, 02:05 PM
:laugh:

:huh: :ninja:

Chuck
02-25-2009, 03:45 PM
:huh: :ninja: