PDA

View Full Version : A Ram's Tale!!

VCURamFan
02-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Part 1, Ladies & Germs!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33J-FUfhVIk

TexasRN
02-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Very cool Ben....see you soon. Be safe driving up.

~Amy

Neezar
02-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Keep 'em coming, Ben! :cool:

VCURamFan
02-21-2009, 06:06 PM
O no!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptXMc9I1JaY

Preach
02-21-2009, 06:58 PM
did you know your left nostral is bigger than the right one

VCURamFan
02-21-2009, 07:08 PM
:angry::angry::angry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fn-PcgTIoQ

NateR
02-21-2009, 08:43 PM
So, what camera are you using to film these little movies? Looks like it's working fine to me.

Chuck
02-21-2009, 09:55 PM
:angry::angry::angry:

You do have a little brother don't you??

And a dog.....

I feel for ya bro but LCD screens don't normally break themselves.

Call CSI bro!!!

VCURamFan
02-21-2009, 10:03 PM
So, what camera are you using to film these little movies? Looks like it's working fine to me.O, the camera still works, but the LCD display is busted so I can't tell what I'm looking at. It'll make it a little bit of a pain to take pics & stuff, but I'll manage!

I've made it to Fairfax & am chilling at Panera, taking advantage of the free internet. I've got a couple of videos uploading right now, so hopefully I'll be able to post them before I head off to the Patriot Center.

VCURamFan
02-21-2009, 10:06 PM

And a dog.....

Call CSI bro!!!I know, which is what's so frustrating. I was so excited to get this camera & I've been trying to take care of it & it gets inexplicably busted the night before I need it.:cry:

O well, I'll make due.

VCURamFan
02-21-2009, 10:16 PM
OK, here's Part 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMo4G750DNA

MattHughesRocks
02-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Hey! No more cryin' about the damn camera and making videos of it. I feel robbed! :hissyfit:
Come back when you got something good to say sheesh!
Who are you meeting up with???

Bonnie
02-21-2009, 10:34 PM

And a dog.....

Call CSI bro!!!

I'm going with the little brother (but, I'm not ruling out Mom and Dad either). Here's the scenario: Ben's in a dead sleep from staying up all night working on his paper so he never hears the door open...wait Ben and his little brother share a room...okay, little brother definitely #1 suspect. He takes the camera and is messing around and drops it, cracking the LCD screen. He's panicked :yikes: but then :lookaround: realizes no one saw anything but the dog (he quickly reaches for doggie treat and bribes dog). He tiptoes back into the bedroom and puts the now-broken camera back where Ben had it while Ben snoozes on in "meeting Matt" dreamland. Yeah, the little brother did it! :punch:

Chuck
02-21-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm going with the little brother (but, I'm not ruling out Mom and Dad either). Here's the scenario: Ben's in a dead sleep from staying up all night working on his paper so he never hears the door open...wait Ben and his little brother share a room...okay, little brother definitely #1 suspect. He takes the camera and is messing around and drops it, cracking the LCD screen. He's panicked :yikes: but then :lookaround: realizes no one saw anything but the dog (he quickly reaches for doggie treat and bribes dog). He tiptoes back into the bedroom and puts the now-broken camera back where Ben had it while Ben snoozes on in "meeting Matt" dreamland. Yeah, the little brother did it! :punch:

I agree completely!!!!

Bonnie
02-21-2009, 11:26 PM
I agree completely!!!!

:winking0071:

Llamafighter
02-22-2009, 05:51 AM
Your camera is not by chance a Canon powershot is it? I just found out that they had a repair recall about their powershots do to an LCD sensor issue.

VCURamFan
02-22-2009, 06:17 PM
No, it's a Kodak EasyShare.

I was able to take a lot of pics (around 300+ I think), so I'll be sorting through them today & posting the good ones.

Bonnie
02-23-2009, 07:12 PM
No, it's a Kodak EasyShare.

I was able to take a lot of pics (around 300+ I think), so I'll be sorting through them today & posting the good ones.

Alright, Ben, I know you have school and the paper due Tuesday, but this is important. :rolleyes:

So...where are those pictures!!! :frantics:

TexasRN
02-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Alright, Ben, I know you have school and the paper due Tuesday, but this is important. :rolleyes:

So...where are those pictures!!! :frantics:

I know, right? A true fan would have had them up here already.....:tongue0011:

~Amy

Llamafighter
02-23-2009, 07:42 PM
I know, right? A true fan would have had them up here already.....:tongue0011:

~Amy

Especially a true fan with a fighter's lanyard!!
:wink:

VCURamFan
02-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Y'all need to chill! I'm doing a full write-up with pictures included. Remember: Patience is a virtue!!!!!

TexasRN
02-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Y'all need to chill! I'm doing a full write-up with pictures included. Remember: Patience is a virtue!!!!!

I am against patience. As a rule. :laugh:

~Amy

TexasRN
02-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Oh, and don't go being more interesting and funny than me. I'd hate to have to drive up their and kick your butt to prove a point. :laugh:

~Amy

Jonlion
02-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Patience is a virtue!!!!!

I love this comeback, you can just about use it to justify any stalling or delay! Love it!

VCURamFan
02-23-2009, 11:38 PM
I love this comeback, you can just about use it to justify any stalling or delay! Love it! Haha, believe me, as a long-time procrastinator, I've been using this long for years!!

Oh, and don't go being more interesting and funny than me. I'd hate to have to drive up their and kick your butt to prove a point. :laugh:

~Amy Psh, I'd be funnier & more interesting than you if I was writing with my toes! You don't scare me!!:tongue0011:

:ninja:OK, so I'm bluffing. Don't hurt me!!!!:ninja:

Bonnie
02-24-2009, 12:35 AM

What's a virtue? :Whistle:

:laugh:

If you can "type" with your toes, mister, why didn't you do that on the drive back so we'd have it by now. You have heard of cruise control, right. Would have freed those little piggies right up. :tongue0011:

Llamafighter
02-24-2009, 01:25 PM
I love this comeback, you can just about use it to justify any stalling or delay! Love it!

Dang that would have come in RALLY handy in college!:angry:

:w00t: I can use it at work!!!

VCURamFan
02-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Dang that would have come in RALLY handy in college!:angry:

:w00t: I can use it at work!!!Believe me, it's applicable in all situations!

"Hey, where's that TPS report?" - Patience is a virtue
"Daddy, you said we could play catch this afternoon!" - Patience is a virtue
"Honey, did you forge our anniversary again?" - Patience is a virtue

VCURamFan
02-25-2009, 02:39 AM
OK, I know this is taking a lot longer than y'all want it to, but be assured: I've been writing & have made it to about 7pm Saturday evening!

MattHughesRocks
02-25-2009, 06:22 AM
Hey kid! Get on with it already! This is the Matt Hughes section not the Ben show off show :blink:

VCURamFan
02-25-2009, 06:25 AM
Hey kid! Get on with it already! This is the Matt Hughes section not the Ben show off show :blink:

:laugh:Man, you're super witty tonight. Maybe you've had a few too many "Diet Cokes".:Whistle:

MattHughesRocks
02-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Yeah and your headed to the woodshed if you don't make this thread about Matt Hughes real quick.

Man, you're super witty tonight. Maybe you've had a few too many "Diet Cokes".:Whistle:

NateR
02-25-2009, 07:54 AM
OK, I know this is taking a lot longer than y'all want it to, but be assured: I've been writing & have made it to about 7pm Saturday evening!

Matt and I talked about this and you have until noon tomorrow, otherwise your thread gets deleted.

:Whistle:

(Am I kidding? Am I serious? I guess we'll find out tomorrow....) :wink:

TexasRN
02-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Matt and I talked about this and you have until noon tomorrow, otherwise your thread gets deleted.

See Ben, why do you think I got my stuff up so quickly? :ninja:

~Amy

Llamafighter
02-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Ben at this point your thread is a B- without the visual aids and the "write-up".
You'd do it for Professor Ken!!

MattHughesRocks
02-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Deleted?! :scared0011: But Tito is waiting for him in the woodshed! :laugh:

VCURamFan
02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Well fine, I guess I'll just submit a half-finished product. I apologize for taking my academic career seriously.

NateR
02-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Well fine, I guess I'll just submit a half-finished product. I apologize for taking my academic career seriously.

This isn't a term paper, just post your tale in parts as you get it finished.

Llamafighter
02-25-2009, 05:22 PM

Apology accepted:wink:
NOW WHERE ARE THOSE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!:angry:

VCURamFan
02-25-2009, 05:27 PM
OK, so here’s the first half of the Ram Tale. Sorry it's taken so long, I'm swamped with school work. It actually begins on Friday, February 20th. As I’m sure all of you are aware by now, I had a huge paper that I was trying to finish. I began it as soon as I got out of class at 2pm & continued working on it, with a few interruptions, until 5am:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33J-FUfhVIk

Happy & excited, I went to bed. The next morning, I awoke to a horrible discovery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptXMc9I1JaY

After much throwing of clothes, slamming of doors & shouting of curse words, I finally get on the road, only a few minutes late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMo4G750DNA

It was an uneventful trip. I rolled about 75-80ish mph all the way up there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3_kczDeS1w

After I made that video, I hopped on the phone & called Amy (TexasRN) to see what she was up to. Turns out she was on the way back from Walter Reid with Matt. Awesome! I should have known there was no way that Matt would make a trip out near a military hospital & not go see the vets!

I took the opportunity to do a little exploring around “downtown” Fairfax. After driving around for a bit, I found a public parking lot just down the street from a Panera Bread. I parked, hopped out, walked up the block, happy to see the “Free Wi-Fi” signs everywhere. After making taking a tour of their restroom (hey, you try chugging a Large Dr. Pepper from McDonalds in 90min & then try resisting the urge to drain the main vein!), I grabbed a table, booted up the laptop & hopped on the forums. About that time, I got a call from Kim (mikthhick):

“Hey, Ben, I’m just getting in town from my parents place. Are you at the Patriot Center?”

“No, I’m actually in downtown Fairfax right now, hanging at a Panera.”

“O, cool. How do I get there?”

“Well, I went down Ox, crossed over University, and went passed the government center. I ended up at an intersection with a gas station on the right, so I turned there. Then I took a left on University, which has apparently turned parallel with Ox. Then I found a parking lot. It’s on the corner of University & North. The Panera’s just up the street from there.”

“Awesome, I’ll see you there!”

So I go back to checking out the forums & trying to upload a couple of videos I had made during the trip. About 3min later, I get another call from Kim:

“Hey, Ben? I was coming down Ox & made a left on University on campus like you said.”

“O, my bad, I thought I told you to go past campus, then take a right at the gas station and then a left on University.”

“O whoops! Well, University is University, so I’ll just keep following it until I find North.”

“Umm, OK, Kim. See you soon.” :huh:

Back to the forums. The phone rings:

“Ben, I could find you, so I’m back on Ox now. Where was I supposed to turn?”

“I think I made the directions too complicated. Here: just come down Ox & take a right on North. The very next intersection will be University. You’ll see a gravel parking lot on your right. Just park there, walk back up North & you’ll see Panera on your right.”

“OK, got it!”

More forum surfing. “Counrty boys can surviiiiiiive…” (my ringtone for all forumites):

“OK, I’m in a parking deck on University.”

“Parking deck? I said gravel lot!”

“Well, whatever. It’s on University & North. Where’s Panera?”

“It’s just up the block on North.”

“OK, I’ll see you in a few!” :unsure:

Reading the foru – “Country boys…”

“Ummm, I asked some guy on the street & he sent me down University, but I can’t find you..”

“University? I said it’s on North! Why’d you ask the guy?”

“Well, some college kids said it was somewhere but they weren’t sure, so I asked this guy instead because I didn’t trust them.”

“OK, Kim, just go back to the corner of University & North. On the corner you should see a Metro City Diner. Panera is in the same block as the Metro, on the same side of the street, I promise!”

“If you say so, but I think it’s hidden.” :blink:

Back to the forums, trying to keep my sanity. “Countr-”

“What now?”

“Hey Ben, it’s Dave. You know, ‘Spiritwalker’!”

“O hey, Dave, where y’all at?” (great grammar, right?)

“Well, I’m here with my buddy Ryan & we’re on our way to meet you at Panera. Only problem is I talked to Kim & she gave some directions that really don’t make sense at all…” :scared0011:

“Ignore her. Just drive down Ox, take a right on North, park in the lot at the corner of North & University. Then just walk back up North, you’ll find Panera on the right.”

“OK, buddy, sounds good!”

Just about that time, I see Kim some walking up. I’m just getting my witty comments ready when she shoots me a death glare that would make any woman proud. I wisely just clear my throat & get back to the forums with just a muttered “Hey, what’s up”. :ninja:

Before too much later, Dave & Ryan show up. We quickly say our hellos, then decide we’d like to head back to the venue. As we walk out of Panera, Hank starts singing to me again: it was Amy. It turns out that she & Jeff (Crow) were also en route to the venue. It looked like we’d all get there about the same time!

Kim jumps in her car, Dave & Ryan hop in mine & we all roll back over to the George Mason campus. We find a parking deck, get spots right next to the exit & the elevator & decide it was time for a Forum Picture!

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746387_4217.jpg

We headed out of the parking & (after getting mildly lost on the GMU campus), we made our way to the Patriot center. As we walked up to the venue, we noticed that there was a heavily trafficked entrance right in front of us. I had a ticket waiting for me at Will Call, while Kim, Dave & Ryan still had to buy theirs, so we headed for the doors, looking for ticket windows. Right as we got to the doors, a security guard stopped us, asking for our VIP tickets. Turns out we had inadvertently shown up at the VIP Meet & Great for the $250 & $500 ticket holders. That obviously wasn’t us!! It turns out that the ticket windows were at the West entrance, while we were on the opposite side of the building: The East entrance.

We start hiking around the building & Hank speaks up again. It was Amy calling to say that she & Jeff had made it to the Patriot Center & would be waiting for us at the West Entrance. In short order, we found them & there were hugs & handshakes & rainbows. After a bit of small talk, I said I needed my ticket from Will Call & Kim, Dave & Ryan said they needed to get in line to buy tickets, so we left Amy & Jeff shivering in the cold.

Fortunately for me, there was no one in the “R-Z Will Call” line, so I was in and out in about 30sec. As I came out, Jeff & Amy were talking about needing to pick up their Media passes. It turns out that Matt had put them down on the Media list so that they could get cageside for pictures & such. The only problem was, they weren’t sure where they were supposed to get their badges. When Amy mentioned that Matt had said to come by the Meet & Greet to pick them up, I said “Hey, I know was just there, I know exactly where to take y’all!” So off I go again, back around the building to the East entrance.

As we got back to the VIP entrance, Jeff & Amy went up to talk to the security guard. At first he thought we were trying to break in & crash the party or something, but once Amy said that we were just waiting for Matt to step outside & talk to us for a second, he said “OK, no problem.”

As if on que, the 9x UFC Welterweight Champion of the World came striding through the crowds. He said hi to Jeff & Amy, glanced over their shoulders to see me, looked up to see my face & said “O, hey, you must be Ben!” :laugh:

OK, so that was the coolest part of the whole trip…or so I thought. Instead of just handing Jeff & Amy their passes & saying “See ya, I gotta get back,”, Matt said “Hey, come on in here!”, so we followed him in, through the crowd of VIPs, past the long line of waiting fans, right up to the autograph table were ICON, Strikeforce & EliteXC Middleweight Champion of the World “Ruthless” Robbie Lawler was sitting.

“Hey Robbie, I want you to meet someone,” Matt says, “This is Ben, from the forums.” :w00t:

“Hey man, what’s up?” Robbie says, standing up & extending his hand.

“Uh, hey, not much. How are you?” I answer, taking his hand dumbly.

Matt, Robbie, Amy, Jeff & I talked for a few minutes about random stuff & then Matt looks over at me & says “You probably want a picture, don’t you?” Um, no, thanks, Matt. I’ve spent countless hours on your forums & missed out on countless chances to meet you, but now that I’ve actually made it here, I’d rather pass on getting evidence. :tongue0011:

“Yeah, that’d be awesome!”

“Great, Robbie, get in here for the picture!”

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2330/58/38/1138792923/n1138792923_30092168_3723.jpg

So there I am, with a world champion on either side of me, & I’m on top of the world. I mean, I’ve gotten to talk with Matt & Robbie, I got into a party & I had no business being part of & I got a picture to prove I was there. This was the best possible outcome I could have hoped for that weekend.

Wrong again. As I get my camera back from Amy (thanks for making fun of the broken screen, you’re sooooo kind!:muttering:), Matt calls my name. I turn around to see that he’s taken off his Fighter pass. “Here, put this on & see where it gets you,” he says as he tosses it to me. I’m dumbstruck. I’ve got Matt’s own backstage pass in my hands. This is the key to the free food & open bar in the back! This is the key to fighter dressing rooms! This is the key to…everything!!!!

http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36763677_3640.jpg

I then got to spend the next hour hanging out with Jeff, Amy, Matt & Robbie as they signed autographs & took pictures with the fans (Matt & Robbie, I mean. Not so many people asking for Jeff’s autograph :laugh:).

-------------------

I'll post more tonight after classes, assuming that's OK with y'all.

Llamafighter
02-25-2009, 05:37 PM
So far so good buddy! This is shaping up to be one awesome tale! 1 question: was Jeff talking about Brock the whole time or what? :tongue0011:

Seriously can't wait for the rest of it. Thanks for being such a good sport, Ben!

Llamafighter
02-25-2009, 05:38 PM
I also love that Matt didn't need a silly pass to get all access! He's the man!:laugh:

TexasRN
02-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Oh Ben, your Ram Tale ROCKS!!! You make me sound nice and everything! :laugh: It was such a great weekend.

~Amy

mikthehick
02-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Oh Ben, your Ram Tale ROCKS!!! You make me sound nice and everything! :laugh: It was such a great weekend.

~Amy

And it makes me sound like a complete idiot. Oh well.

Quoted from Ben...

"“Hey Ben, it’s Dave. You know, ‘Spiritwalker’!”

“Well, I’m here with my buddy Ryan & we’re on our way to meet you at Panera. Only problem is I talked to Kim & she gave some directions that really don’t make sense at all…”

“Ignore her. Just drive down Ox, take a right on North, park in the lot at the corner of North & University. Then just walk back up North, you’ll find Panera on the right.”

Just about that time, I see Kim some walking up. I’m just getting my witty comments ready when she shoots me a death glare that would make any woman proud. I wisely just clear my throat & get back to the forums with just a muttered “Hey, what’s up”."

Sorry, even though our conversations are pretty correct, this part is completely false. Dave didn't even call me until 5 minutes after I sat down and then i gave him directions.

This is the last time I'm ever doing online directions. Googlemaps and mapquest suck, especially when they tell you to go down roads that don't exist.

Anyway, it was a great night :) Super fun hanging with you guys, hope we can do it again sometime.

Unfortunately, I'm never going to be able to ever follow directions, nothing wrong with blazing your own trail.:laugh:

Llamafighter
02-25-2009, 06:34 PM

Quoted from Ben...

“Well, I’m here with my buddy Ryan & we’re on our way to meet you at Panera. Only problem is I talked to Kim & she gave some directions that really don’t make sense at all…”

Just about that time, I see Kim some walking up. I’m just getting my witty comments ready when she shoots me a death glare that would make any woman proud. I wisely just clear my throat & get back to the forums with just a muttered “Hey, what’s up”."

Sorry, even though our conversations are pretty correct, this part is completely false. Dave didn't even call me until 5 minutes after I sat down and then i gave him directions.

This is the last time I'm ever doing online directions. Googlemaps and mapquest suck, especially when they tell you to go down roads that don't exist.

Anyway, it was a great night :) Super fun hanging with you guys, hope we can do it again sometime.

Unfortunately, I'm never going to be able to ever follow directions, nothing wrong with blazing your own trail.:laugh:

I'm currently turning the transcript of that phone call into a two person play titled "Panera are you anyways?"

TexasRN
02-25-2009, 06:35 PM

Quoted from Ben...

Hey, mapquest screwed us trying to get there from the hotel too. We had to stop at a gas station and ask directions. So it wasn't you. When mapquest gets it wrong, it gets it WAY wrong. :laugh:

~Amy

Llamafighter
02-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey, mapquest screwed us trying to get there from the hotel too. We had to stop at a gas station and ask directions. So it wasn't you. When mapquest gets it wrong, it gets it WAY wrong. :laugh:

~Amy

I've had problems with mapquest, too. on one trip they hadn't factored in a road construction project in NC that had been going on for 3 years. I really like using Google earth.

VCURamFan
02-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Sorry, even though our conversations are pretty correct, this part is completely false. Dave didn't even call me until 5 minutes after I sat down and then i gave him directions.OK, so maybe the conversation was out of position in the timeline, but it happened just the same!

mikthehick
02-25-2009, 08:50 PM
OK, so maybe the conversation was out of position in the timeline, but it happened just the same!

Hmpf....

Not going to take the blame for Mapquest putting roads where they aren't.

Or for the 5 people I asked for directions who either had no clue of where they live or were too stupid to know where they live. Maybe it's just high expectations on my part, but I know Charlottesville blindfolded :D Oh well, nothing wrong with knowing where stuff is if ya live there :punch:

And Amy, totally know what you mean. I hate getting screwed by mapquest.

Anyway, I'm done being in denial. It's funny how we all managed to meet up, but it was a great time nonetheless, even the embarrassing stuff:cool:

Spiritwalker
02-25-2009, 09:16 PM
A Ram's Tale!!!

http://gracewalk.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/mountain-ram.jpg

Bonnie
02-25-2009, 10:21 PM
I know I've razzed you, Ben, but so far so good. I can't wait for the continuation...

BTW, what's wrong with the word, "y'all"? :huh: You might have noticed I use it quite frequently; it's one of our southern basics. :punch:

And, Kim, don't feel too bad, I'm directionally dyslexic myself. :wink:

Spiritwalker
02-25-2009, 10:32 PM
I know I've razzed you, Ben, but so far so good. I can't wait for the continuation...

BTW, what's wrong with the word, "y'all"? :huh: You might have noticed I use it quite frequently; it's one of our southern basics. :punch:

And, Kim, don't feel too bad, I'm directionally dyslexic myself. :wink:

Well.. both Ben and Kim gave me directions.. still got lost.. but we hit a street that Ben mentioned.. all was good in the world.

I have a few videos on the way myself

VCURamFan
02-26-2009, 12:43 AM

And, Kim, don't feel too bad, I'm directionally dyslexic myself. :wink:I use y'all all the time! I actually have to proof read my academic papers to make sure I didn't accidentally toss one in!

Bonnie
02-26-2009, 12:57 AM
I use y'all all the time! I actually have to proof read my academic papers to make sure I didn't accidentally toss one in!

Yes, it can be a pain in the butt when writing. What do you use when writing?

I remember when you were not allowed to use the '; everything had to be spelled out. Now since they have accepted all this "slang" it seems they are not as strict.

MattHughesRocks
02-26-2009, 04:01 AM
Ben.Awesome :happy0159:

Spiritwalker
02-26-2009, 04:22 AM
The drive up.. Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDeUh8ruCVA

Part of Whisper's fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_iveNB9uvk

After the fights!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nkc5NQmvQQ

Boomer
02-26-2009, 06:23 AM
You learn quickly my young Padawan .... you did however incure the wrath of the Sith Lord Michelle ... never start a thread in the MH section unless its complete and the force is strong ...

good tale brother .. :D

VCURamFan
02-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Part II

It was fantastic hanging out, watching Matt & Robbie interacting with their fans. Here’s a few pics & a short video:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746396_6415.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746397_6663.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746403_8172.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746405_8687.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YzMuXFk_BA&feature=related

This next pic is a sequel of sorts. I’m sure all of you have read Amy’s Walter Reid thread (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507) (right? :angry:). Well, she mentions this towards the end of her first post:

I want to say how cool it was for the UWC to give free tickets to the soldiers to go to the fights. They had a bus that they loaded up to drive them there and back.

~Amy

The next picture is of one of the lucky vets who got to come to the fights. He was there with his wife & kids. I dunno if y’all can tell, but this guy had lost both legs & an arm, but he was just all smiles & joking around.

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746393_5659.jpg

This next pic is my second favorite of the whole night (after the one of me, Matt & Robbie, of course!). This is Matt talking to the event people to make sure that wearing his pass would get me back-stage access!!!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746401_7664.jpg

(FYI, Boomer: this is about the point in the story that I chickened out! :scared:)

After hanging out until about 7pm (the fights were slated to start at 7:30), Jeff, Amy & I decided to see where our passes could get us. We wondered through the open door in the above pic, then just kinda ambled through the bowels of the Patriot Center for a bit. After awhile, we found our way to the floor of the center.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746410_9977.jpg

Here’s the cage itself. It was hexagonal, I’m guessing so that they wouldn’t have any legal problems with the UFC:

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746411_241.jpg
O, and just a side note: my camera lens was not dirty. They had a bunch of smoke/dry ice going all night, so my flash picked up all the little particles in the air. Stupid Dave making fun of my stupid busted camera. :whip:

So the three of us were hanging out, flipping out about the access we got just because of Matt, and out walks the crappiest ref in the business!!

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746413_785.jpg
Don’t worry, Matt, I got payback for you: on Facebook, he’s tagged as “Mario ‘What Groin Strike?’ Yamasaki”. O yeah, zing!! :stirthepot:

After that, we decided to make our way towards our seats. As we were walking down the main concourse, we ran into Kim, Dave & Ryan. After wandering & chatting, Amy & Jeff went off to find their super-awesome Media people seats, while the 4 of us started the long hike up to our $35 nose-bleed seats. :muttering:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746418_2203.jpg
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746422_3855.jpg

We were way further away than Jeff & Amy, obviously, but considering it was only a small CAA arena, there really were no bad seats. Here’s a couple of shots of the first fight of the night, Kris “Savage” McCray vs. Manny “Postura’ Okorie:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746423_4153.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746424_4442.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746425_4742.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2468/41/76/25508821/n25508821_36746426_5044.jpg

Kris ended up winning with a Rear Naked Choke late in the first. It was a dominate performance by him, a lot of fun to watch. :jumping0014:

As we were watching the next fight (Kyle “The Alleycat” Baker vs. Levon “The Main Man” Maynard; Dave, Kim: deep breathes, count to 10, move on! :rpg013:), I noticed something: the section right over top of the fighter’s entrance was completely empty. I mean, there was nobody there. I couldn’t even see a security guard standing over there! I decided that it’d be a much better place to sit. I mentioned that to Dave & he was on board 100%, so off we went to the opposite corner of the stands. They got there before me (I went to check out some other seats, but they were lame). When I finally got over there, I walked in & suddenly there was a security guard standing in front of me (I think he got fired after a debacle at UFC 83 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh_FxmqTWjA) & was demoted to a regional show).

“I’m sorry, sir, I’m going to need to see your –”

At this point I flashed my/Matt’s Fighter badge. The guy glanced down, his eyes went wide & he quickly stepped out of my way. I love having back stage power!! :tongue0011:

MattHughesRocks
02-26-2009, 03:34 PM
It is the Matt Hughes section. Maybe we should name it "The Matt Hughes Only no Homework Section" :unsure-1:

You learn quickly my young Padawan .... you did however incure the wrath of the Sith Lord Michelle ... never start a thread in the MH section unless its complete and the force is strong ...

good tale brother .. :D

Llamafighter
02-26-2009, 03:37 PM
It is the Matt Hughes section. Maybe we should name it "The Matt Hughes Only no Homework Section" :unsure-1:

OR write all your papers about Matt Hughes!:frantics:

VCURamFan
02-26-2009, 05:57 PM
OR write all your papers about Matt Hughes!:frantics:Actually, if you check the examples in my paper, they're all MMA related & only two of them aren't about Matt!!:laugh:

Llamafighter
02-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Actually, if you check the examples in my paper, they're all MMA related & only two of them aren't about Matt!!:laugh:
Good point!:laugh:

VCURamFan
02-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Here they are:

(a)Matt is strong.
(b)Matt is a strong man.
(c)Matt wins regularly.
(d)Matt beat Frank quickly.
(e) Yoshihiro intentionally kissed Heath.
(f) Mark seasoned the ribs spicily.
(g) Shockingly, Georges cheated.
(h) Rich almost defeated Dan.

OK, so I lied. Half of them are about Matt. That's close to "all but two", right???

Llamafighter
02-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Here they are:

OK, so I lied. Half of them are about Matt. That's close to "all but two", right???

Close enough! thanks for the shout out in there, too(f)!:wink: