PDA

View Full Version : Koscheck: "I don't care what fans think (and) i'm pissed i lost to Alves"

Hughes_GOAT
02-21-2009, 05:05 AM
Do you think fans still judge you based on what happened in the first season of TUF?

You know, I really don't know, and I really don't care. I'm here to do my job, and my job is to fight, and win fights, and put on exciting fights. I don't care what fans' perception of me is. There's going to be fans that love me, there's going to be fans out there that hate me. My job isn't to worry about what the fans care. My job is to go out there and put on exciting fights for the fans and fight as many times as I can for myself and my career.

If you could pick one guy in the welterweight division to face right now, who would it be?

All of them. I don't care who I fight, I don't care where who it is, and I don't care when it is. So, I'll fight anybody

You lost a decision in the fight with Thiago Alves, but do you consider it a moral victory at all in taking the fight on such short notice and Alves not being able to finish you off despite that he gave you a lot of hard shots?

No. I'm pissed at myself because I lost. There is no victory when you lose. I don't go into the cage whether I have eight weeks, two weeks, or I have one week to train for a fight, I expect to win every single time that I go in there, and if I don't, then I'm disappointed. Winning is the only thing that drives me.

How do you feel about possibly fighting UFC Welterweight Champion, Georges St. Pierre, again in the future?

I definitely think it would be a different fight this time. I'm more and more experienced, but at the end of the of course Georges has what I want which is the welterweight belt. But right now my hands are full with Paulo Thiago on February 21.

411mania.com: MMA - 411 MMA Interview: Josh Koscheck

Neezar
02-21-2009, 05:09 AM
Any Koscheck fans in the house?

Chuck
02-21-2009, 05:11 AM

I love watching the kid fight...

not always thrilled about his personality... but I enjoy watching him in the cage.

Neezar
02-21-2009, 05:13 AM
He almost seems like one of those guys that you don't want to admit that you like to watch him fight. :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
02-21-2009, 05:17 AM
All I can say is thank you Goat for not posting a picture of his ugly ass. What a dick!

Neezar
02-21-2009, 05:19 AM
:laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
02-21-2009, 05:35 AM
All I can say is thank you Goat for not posting a picture of his ugly ass. What a dick!

he looks just like me, thanks:angry:

MattHughesRocks
02-21-2009, 05:36 AM
From what I recall...not so much :laugh:

he looks just like me, thanks:angry:

Hughes_GOAT
02-21-2009, 05:39 AM
From what I recall...not so much :laugh:

quit back tracking

MMeh
02-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Think what you will about some of the things Kos says, but the guy is an entertaining fighter and he has improved light years (especially in the striking department) from where he was when he first came into the game

que
02-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Do you think fans still judge you based on what happened in the first season of TUF?

You know, I really don't know, and I really don't care. I'm here to do my job, and my job is to fight, and win fights, and put on exciting fights. I don't care what fans' perception of me is. There's going to be fans that love me, there's going to be fans out there that hate me. My job isn't to worry about what the fans care. My job is to go out there and put on exciting fights for the fans and fight as many times as I can for myself and my career.

If you could pick one guy in the welterweight division to face right now, who would it be?

All of them. I don't care who I fight, I don't care where who it is, and I don't care when it is. So, I'll fight anybody

You lost a decision in the fight with Thiago Alves, but do you consider it a moral victory at all in taking the fight on such short notice and Alves not being able to finish you off despite that he gave you a lot of hard shots?

No. I'm pissed at myself because I lost. There is no victory when you lose. I don't go into the cage whether I have eight weeks, two weeks, or I have one week to train for a fight, I expect to win every single time that I go in there, and if I don't, then I'm disappointed. Winning is the only thing that drives me.

How do you feel about possibly fighting UFC Welterweight Champion, Georges St. Pierre, again in the future?

I definitely think it would be a different fight this time. I'm more and more experienced, but at the end of the of course Georges has what I want which is the welterweight belt. But right now my hands are full with Paulo Thiago on February 21.

411mania.com: MMA - 411 MMA Interview: Josh Koscheck

hey, i made that romoshop in your sig. i almost forgot about that one

kos is pretty cool

Champ2be
02-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Kos is back and fourth for me... Sometimes I cant stand him and sometimes I find myself cheering for him. He has improved 120% since he was on TUF. I dont think he will ever be as good as GSP though.

lc87
02-21-2009, 01:47 PM
I like his attitude as a fighter but his personality as a person I don't like. His if I don't win im pissed attitude is what I like the most

rockdawg21
02-21-2009, 03:09 PM
I like Kos, always have and always respected his talent. Leben brought all that crap on himself - he's just as big of a baby as Junie. Granted, he's calmed that crap down so I have nothing against him anymore.

hizo64
02-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah Kos is a big super talented idiot, he is probably the most improved WW in the division besides Georges though. Will he ever beat GSP or be as good as him? No.

ufcfan2
02-21-2009, 04:44 PM
I've been starting to enjoy watching KOS fight for the past 3-4 fights. I agree I think hes improved leaps and bounds since he started and would love to see him fight Fitch.
I don't know if he will ever beat GSP unless GSP has an off day,but its always possible.

rearnakedchoke
02-21-2009, 05:51 PM
I've been starting to enjoy watching KOS fight for the past 3-4 fights. I agree I think hes improved leaps and bounds since he started and would love to see him fight Fitch.
I don't know if he will ever beat GSP unless GSP has an off day,but its always possible.

kos mainly relies on his wrestling, but he is starting to improve his striking .... but i doubt he can beat gsp, unless as you say, gsp has a bad day .... gsp is better at him in every aspect

Champ2be
02-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Yea, I mean Kos is winning by head kicks and some serious KO's. He will be a force, but he wont be the champ while George is up there.

medic92
02-21-2009, 10:04 PM
He's a great fighter and improving every time I see him. I enjoy watching his fights, but his attitude needs major adjustment. In one sentence he says he wants to put on a show for the fans, and in the next he says he doesn't care what the fans think. If he doesn't think a good fan base is important, he's going to be in for a rude awakening. Dana White doesn't tend to keep people around if they don't put people in the seats and money in the bank.

Chuck
02-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Bro you can't put "spoiler" a few times in the begining of your post then post your stuff 1//4 inch below it....

We always make a spoiler thread for a reason..... to post spoilers in it!!!:wink:

I'd reccomend editing your post so you don't ruin the fight for other people...

Chuck
02-21-2009, 10:26 PM
I just know someone is going to complain about this:laugh:

C'mon Michelle... if it was any fighter but Kos you'd think it's crap too...

There is such a thing as forum etiquette.... even if I can't spell it!!!

MattHughesRocks
02-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Badda bing! Told you so! :laugh:

I'll fix it :sad:

C'mon Michelle... if it was any fighter but Kos you'd think it's crap too...

There is such a thing as forum etiquette.... even if I can't spell it!!!

TheConcretekid
02-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Badda bing! Told you so! :laugh:

I'll fix it :sad:

Already gone, sorry folks my bad

Krupp
02-22-2009, 12:41 AM
I gotta be honest, I really didn't like Kos for a while there. I was happy to see GSP beat him, but now..the more I hear from here, and considering that he took a fight against Alves on two weeks notice, well...I've gotta admit, I'm starting to like this guy.

Hughes_GOAT
02-22-2009, 08:50 AM
hey, i made that romoshop in your sig. i almost forgot about that one

kos is pretty cool

the Machida (Ryu) one? :cool:

Tyburn
02-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Nope, his attitude sucks

but...he's fun to watch fighting :laugh:

TheConcretekid
02-22-2009, 02:20 PM

Yeah, he was my coach at an intensive wrestling camp I used to go to back in Pa. I will always cheer for him... even though he was kind of a dbag during TUF, and his first few years in the UFC, but he has changed as a fighter and as a person since them

Jonlion
02-22-2009, 02:41 PM
I am a huge Fan of Kos, think his great and i like his attitude to fighting and the fans!

He should be the next WW champion!

bj44
02-22-2009, 03:34 PM
I am a huge Fan of Kos, think his great and i like his attitude to fighting and the fans!

He should be the next WW champion!
um did you see the fights last night

Faith and Grace
02-22-2009, 06:37 PM
I have respect for the guy. He tells it like it is. You always knows where he stands.

lc87
02-22-2009, 06:52 PM
I like how he called out arod for cheating and it didn't matter how he admitted to it. He cheated and that's that.

bradwright
02-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Kos is a joke,,he just doesn't understand that how he is perceived by the fans ultimately determines his longevity in the sport,,
some one should tell him this isn't the WWE,,

his lack of respect for the fans will come back to bite him in the asss,one more loss and i think we will never see him again in the UFC,,

Jonlion
02-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Kos is a joke,,he just doesn't understand that how he is perceived by the fans ultimately determines his longevity in the sport,,
some one should tell him this isn't the WWE,,

his lack of respect for the fans will come back to bite him in the asss,one more loss and i think we will never see him again in the UFC,,

I'm not sure where he disrespects the fans, he said he knows that he is here to entertain and primarily thats what he will do.

He is being asked whether it bothers him that bizaarly he is still quite unpopular. He says he doesnt care whether people like him or don't. Thats not upto him, and i respect him for that attitude.

Jonlion
02-22-2009, 07:50 PM
um did you see the fights last night

I was there and i dont agree with the Refs decision. Also, i still think he is the biggest threat/potential out there. He hung with GSP better than anyone.

I really think he was unlucky and i back him to get abck up there.

bj44
02-22-2009, 09:34 PM
I was there and i dont agree with the Refs decision. Also, i still think he is the biggest threat/potential out there. He hung with GSP better than anyone.

I really think he was unlucky and i back him to get abck up there.
naw he was out, you would of agreed with the refs decision if thiago actually pounded on him instead of looking at the ref to stop it. Kos was fortunate the ref stopped in when he did.

Koscheck probably wins that fight 9/10 times but h got ktfo last night fair and square