PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather vs. Mosley - who wins and how?

rockdawg21
04-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Although I'm a noted Mayweather hater, I can't doubt his skills. I believe he will survive Mosley's early onslaught, losing a few rounds at first, but be able to get a victory by decision with his amazing ability to adjust mid-fight. If Mosley wins, it will be by stoppage, but he will lose if it goes twelve rounds.

However, I'm still rooting for Mosley! :punch:

J.B.
04-26-2010, 11:27 PM
This fight is the true definition of a "pick-em".

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/may.jpg

As for HOW it will end...I could speculate all day long, but we won't know until we see em bang. I think the most likely outcome will be a split-decision victory for Floyd, but ya never ever know. :laugh:

Buc Nasty
04-26-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm going for Floyd by stoppage.

J.B.
04-28-2010, 09:05 PM
The final press conference is on LIVE right now....for those who can catch it, Mosley is talking now and Mayweather is next.

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/fights/2010/05-01-shane-mosley-vs-floyd-mayweather/live-video/press-conference-live-stream.html?cmpid=abc138#/boxing/fights/2010/05-01-shane-mosley-vs-floyd-mayweather/live-video/press-conference-live-stream.html/eNrjcmbOYC5Uz89JccxLzKksyUwOSExP9UvMTdUsy0xJzYeJOu fnlaRWlDDns0knlpbkF+QkVtqWFJWmsjGyMXIyMgIAblQXOA==

Miss Foxy
04-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Mayweather is going to win.. Because I said so.. That's that..:tongue0011:

J.B.
04-29-2010, 01:55 AM
Me and a couple musician/production buddies are starting a weekly podcast though our website that we use for our music and videos. We are going to be talking a lot about fights, as well as other sports, and music/movies too.

The site is still going through major updates this week, but I just posted a pre-fight analysis with mine and my partners predictions, if anybody cares to check it out.

http://www.highunderground.com/index.php?page=18

sender
04-29-2010, 03:57 AM
Pacman via KO

seriously who cares about this fight. the only reason people are pumped about it now is cause of the 24/7 shows leading up to it.

I wana see Pacman vs Money

this is just a filler fight really :S

J.B.
04-29-2010, 04:38 AM
Pacman via KO

seriously who cares about this fight. the only reason people are pumped about it now is cause of the 24/7 shows leading up to it.

You are crazy man! :laugh:

This is a showdown of arguably the two best American Boxers today, and a LOT of people care about this fight. Most Boxing fans have been pumped for this fight for 10 years, long before 24/7 was on the air.

rockdawg21
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Pacman via KO

LOL, no way, you have arguably the #2 vs. #3 welterweights AND P4P fighters on the planet facing each other.

This is a fight that could very well break all PPV records. I'm calling for at least a 1.5 million buy, but wouldn't be surprised at all if it surpasses De La Hoya/Mayweather back in 2007.

However, I think Richard Schaefer is overly optimistic in saying 4 million buys.

J.B.
04-29-2010, 06:07 PM
LOL, no way, you have arguably the #2 vs. #3 welterweights AND P4P fighters on the planet facing each other.

This is a fight that could very well break all PPV records. I'm calling for at least a 1.5 million buy, but wouldn't be surprised at all if it surpasses De La Hoya/Mayweather back in 2007.

However, I think Richard Schaefer is overly optimistic in saying 4 million buys.

4 million is a stretch, but he didn't exactly say "it WILL do 4 million". He said something along the lines of... "I'm not saying it will break the records, but with as much promoting as we did, it COULD do 4 million".

Miss Foxy
04-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Pacman via KO

For mainstream fans this might be boring, but us boxing fans this is very exciting!!! :happydancing:

J.B.
04-29-2010, 10:09 PM
For mainstream fans this might be boring, but us boxing fans this is very exciting!!! :happydancing:

I think it's exciting for everybody! :)

Sender is in a very small minority of people on this one :laugh:

sender
04-30-2010, 02:25 AM
meh it is what it is...

are you guys telling me you wouldnt wrather see mayweather fight pacman?

... like they where sposed to

J.B.
04-30-2010, 03:23 AM
meh it is what it is...

I would rather Pacquiao dumped Bob Arum and worried about Boxing before a political career, but that is in a perfect world. :laugh:

The Pac/Floyd negotiations are the perfect example of "it is what it is". This fight is a classic fight that people have wanted to see for 10 years. So even though a fight with Manny and Floyd may be a bigger draw right now, it doesn't make me LESS excited for something I have been waiting to see for a long time. Not to mention that this fight actually has the potential to be just as exciting if not MORE exciting than a fight between Pac and Floyd.

flo
04-30-2010, 03:51 AM
JB, I didn't realize you were High Underground!

I remember you from before, several years ago when lots of the posters here were using different nicks.
(I kind of got out of touch as we were moving around for a couple years.)

Anyway, before I clicked your link I was wondering if you were going to live blog the fight. I looked it up last night and it's $55 so we probably won't get it. :unsure-1:

flo
04-30-2010, 03:52 AM

Word.

rockdawg21
04-30-2010, 04:34 AM
meh it is what it is...

I would rather see that, but there isn't ANY reason I do NOT want to see this fight either. #2 vs. #3 P4P and #2 vs. #3 welterweight is just about as good as #1 vs. #2. This fight is going to be the best fight of the year (so far) and it'll be even better if Mosley wins :laugh:

J.B.
04-30-2010, 04:40 AM
JB, I didn't realize you were High Underground!

I remember you from before, several years ago when lots of the posters here were using different nicks.
(I kind of got out of touch as we were moving around for a couple years.)

Anyway, before I clicked your link I was wondering if you were going to live blog the fight. I looked it up last night and it's $55 so we probably won't get it. :unsure-1:

Yes that is me. :laugh:

I will likely be here at home for the fight, so I can post some live updates, but I will probably do that here rather than on my site. We plan on breaking down the fight on our first podcast sometime next week.

sender
04-30-2010, 05:56 PM
I would rather see that, but there isn't ANY reason I do NOT want to see this fight either. #2 vs. #3 P4P and #2 vs. #3 welterweight is just about as good as #1 vs. #2. This fight is going to be the best fight of the year (so far) and it'll be even better if Mosley wins :laugh:

Not to derail the hype train... but how is Mosley ranked #2 or #3?? as far as I know hes not ranked at all...

Miss Foxy
04-30-2010, 06:07 PM
meh it is what it is...

Yes.. I did not understand Mayweather because he seemed like a jerk, but nothings wrong with that. I find Pacman boring..:unsure: I guess, because he so hyped up already and he always beats my Mexican boxers!! lol

Miss Foxy
04-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Word.

Lol!! I love how you use yo and word!! teehee..

flo
04-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Aww, you're sweet, Miss Foxy. :)

J.B.
04-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Not to derail the hype train... but how is Mosley ranked #2 or #3?? as far as I know hes not ranked at all...

Mosley has been all over the different top 5 P4P rankings for quite a while.

The current lists mostly have Pacman ranked #1, Mayweather #2, and Mosley #3.

rockdawg21
04-30-2010, 10:35 PM

These aren't "official", but they're hardly disputed by anybody:
http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/welterweight/
http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/pound_for_pound/

sender
05-01-2010, 12:54 AM
These aren't "official", but they're hardly disputed by anybody:
http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/welterweight/
http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/pound_for_pound/

Mosley has been all over the different top 5 P4P rankings for quite a while.

The current lists mostly have Pacman ranked #1, Mayweather #2, and Mosley #3.

I know he used to be a highly ranked boxer. It seems that only since the Mayweather fight was anounced that people started putting him in the top 5... before the fight was anounced not that many people even had him in the top 10 as far as i know. I know boxrec arent the best rankings but hes at like 18.

I think everyone is buying into the advetisement a bit.

J.B.
05-01-2010, 01:14 AM
I know he used to be a highly ranked boxer. It seems that only since the Mayweather fight was anounced that people started putting him in the top 5... before the fight was anounced not that many people even had him in the top 10 as far as i know. I know boxrec arent the best rankings but hes at like 18.

I think everyone is buying into the advetisement a bit.

No, no, no, no...Boxrec is completely wrong. Go look at their rankings in welterweight and P4P and you wont even see Mosley listed. I'm not sure why, but they probably took him off because it's been over a year since he fought. Thats why rankings from Yahoo, The Ring, Boxrec, Boxing scene, they are ALL subjective. For the most part, they tend to get it right or CLOSE to right, but it's ALWAYS subjective.

If you actually watch and follow boxing, you would know that Shane Mosley has been considered an elite P4P fighter since around 1999. He had a rough stretch between 2002 and 2004 , but he bounced back and his only loss since 2005 was Miguel Cotto, no shame in that. He completely destroyed Margarito in his last fight, and nobody has ever stopped this guy. Shane Mosley is guaranteed Hall of Famer.

I know you wanna see Floyd fight Manny, as we all do, but this fight is HARDLY a fight that should be looked down on. This is not about buying into any advertising, this fight has had Boxing fans drooling for 10 years.

sender
05-01-2010, 02:20 AM
No, no, no, no...Boxrec is completely wrong. Go look at their rankings in welterweight and P4P and you wont even see Mosley listed. I'm not sure why, but they probably took him off because it's been over a year since he fought. Thats why rankings from Yahoo, The Ring, Boxrec, Boxing scene, they are ALL subjective. For the most part, they tend to get it right or CLOSE to right, but it's ALWAYS subjective.

If you actually watch and follow boxing, you would know that Shane Mosley has been considered an elite P4P fighter since around 1999. He had a rough stretch between 2002 and 2004 , but he bounced back and his only loss since 2005 was Miguel Cotto, no shame in that. He completely destroyed Margarito in his last fight, and nobody has ever stopped this guy. Shane Mosley is guaranteed Hall of Famer.

I know you wanna see Floyd fight Manny, as we all do, but this fight is HARDLY a fight that should be looked down on. This is not about buying into any advertising, this fight has had Boxing fans drooling for 10 years.

Like I said I knew he was up in the rankings at one point... I don't follow boxing as much as i used to and i definitly don't watch enouph fights anymore... but meh theres alot of other fights I'd personaly wrather see... but most of my favorite guys are either dead or retired :cry:

J.B.
05-01-2010, 02:59 AM
Like I said I knew he was up in the rankings at one point... I don't follow boxing as much as i used to and i definitly don't watch enouph fights anymore... but meh theres alot of other fights I'd personaly wrather see... but most of my favorite guys are either dead or retired :cry:

I hear ya about too many of the best being dead and retired, but there really are some great and exciting talents out there right now, beyond just Floyd and Manny. Guys like Paul Williams, Chad Dawson, Timothy Bradley, and even Yuriorkis Gamboa.

rockdawg21
05-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Like I said I knew he was up in the rankings at one point...
Try around the past 10 years actually. You don't beat guys like De La Hoya (twice) and Fernando Vargas (twice) and fall off the list. Granted, he's lost 5 fights, but Vernon Forest, Winky Wright, and Miguel Cotto are not bums.

rockdawg21
05-01-2010, 05:49 AM
High-quality weigh-in video for those who missed it:

http://fightfan.com/2010/04/exclusive-watch-floyd-and-mosley-weigh-in/

They sure look in top shape, this is gonna be f'ing awesome!

J.B.
05-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Just a few more hours!

Go get em' Floyd! :punch:

flo
05-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Maybe I'll see if I can find it online...

donaldbreland
05-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Mosley will knock him out in the third.

donaldbreland
05-02-2010, 04:06 AM
Mosley will knock him out in the third.

That was just a joke.

flo
05-02-2010, 04:34 AM
:happydancing:

logrus
05-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Good fight, good fight... :punch:

J.B.
05-02-2010, 04:39 AM
:wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3uipTO-4A

J.B.
05-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Good fight, good fight... :punch:

:laugh:

You know you wanna give Mayweather credit...but I know it stings...even just a little...

logrus
05-02-2010, 05:47 AM
:wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3uipTO-4A

???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cDWPvhiPWg&feature=related

???

J.B.
05-02-2010, 05:53 AM
???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cDWPvhiPWg&feature=related

???

Dude, no joke...as me and my boys were sitting around watching the fights, we were all trying to guess what Floyd's entrance music would be, and we all pretty much figured it would be another 50 Cent song...but "for the love of money" is a personal favorite of mine, and when I heard that bassline kick in, and saw who I think were the actual "Ojays" singing in the middle of the ring, I was speechless.

Truly classic night of Boxing, even if Shane wasn't nearly as competitive as I figured he would be. Believe it or not, I was actually rooting for Shane to come back in rounds 9 through 12.

I also made a one handed shot from about 55 feet away while playing basketball at the park today, no bulls**t. I guess it was just meant to be. :)

logrus
05-02-2010, 07:41 AM
:laugh:

You know you wanna give Mayweather credit...but I know it stings...even just a little...

I figured that in the first few rounds Mo would come out and try to end it early. My only fear would be that Mo would fail and fall to FLoyds boxing skillz later on.

I miseed the intro and caught it a few seconds into the fight, no clue how FLoyd came out to the ring lol.

J.B.
05-02-2010, 07:52 AM
I figured that in the first few rounds Mo would come out and try to end it early. My only fear would be that Mo would fail and fall to FLoyds boxing skillz later on.

I miseed the intro and caught it a few seconds into the fight, no clue how FLoyd came out to the ring lol.

Well, you were pretty accurate in your predictions, because Mosley basically did just that. :wacko:

J.B.
05-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Here ya go... here is round 2 (for as long as it lasts on youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BScZwsccvuE

Thats as close as you haters are gonna get!!!! :laugh:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/noahsifedotcom/floydm.jpg

Buc Nasty
05-02-2010, 08:31 AM
That went pretty much as expected!

Lets hope we get Floyd v Manny now, that will be far more exciting!

donaldbreland
05-02-2010, 11:30 AM
I don't wanna see Mayweather vs Manny. I want Mayweather vs Paul Williams. I think Manny loses against Money 9 times out of 10, but I see Williams a 6ft2 inch ww posing a problem for him.

rockdawg21
05-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Mayweather put on a great show last night. He was in a bit of trouble with Mosley in Rd. 2, but the time he grabbed and held Mosley's right arm after than big hook was brilliant! Definitely delayed what might have been a bad outcome for himself.

I love watching Mayweather when he goes on the offensive, he is just as good offensively as he is defensively, but rarely displays it.

I was a little disappointed that Mosley was faded so much by the end of the 7th round. I know he'd already trained 6 weeks for the Berto fight, then was right back into the gym immediately to train for this fight. I think he was overtrained. Money was still going to win, but it could have been a little more action-packed had Mosley had the energy.

Nonetheless, awesome fight!

J.B.
05-02-2010, 05:43 PM
I don't wanna see Mayweather vs Manny. I want Mayweather vs Paul Williams. I think Manny loses against Money 9 times out of 10, but I see Williams a 6ft2 inch ww posing a problem for him.

Of course Williams could give Floyd problems, the guys has over an 80 inch reach. Still, Paul Williams is not a Welterweight. He is a MW who masqueraded as a WW. I like Paul and I like Floyd, but both are handled by Leonard Ellerbee, and the odds of that match coming together anytime soon seem slim in my opinion.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao is still the fight that needs to happen. Mayweather proved he can weather the storm and that you don't become 41-0 in this sport without being tough. Now, it's time to see how he handles a guy like Manny who won't get tired, and will keep pushing the fight until the final bell.

logrus
05-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Mayweather’s points victory over Shane Mosley at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday night was a masterful display of technical boxing and the work of a brilliant athlete at his peak.

And it was boring as hell.

The result, a near shutout of Mosley, Yahoo! Sports’ No. 3 pound-for-pound fighter coming into the bout, was indeed laced with greatness. The “entertainment,” though, was pretty non-existent. Outside of boxing purists, the fight generated as much excitement as a late-night infomercial.

:Whistle:

rockdawg21
05-02-2010, 07:16 PM
I can see it all now:

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: It's About Time

J.B.
05-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Mayweather’s points victory over Shane Mosley at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday night was a masterful display of technical boxing and the work of a brilliant athlete at his peak.

And it was boring as hell.

The result, a near shutout of Mosley, Yahoo! Sports’ No. 3 pound-for-pound fighter coming into the bout, was indeed laced with greatness. The “entertainment,” though, was pretty non-existent. Outside of boxing purists, the fight generated as much excitement as a late-night infomercial.

:Whistle:

Like anybody cares about what Martin Rogers has to say about Boxing. He needs to stick to writing about Soccer, or other crap Americans could care less about.

The dude is a Pacquiao nuthugger and if he's not juggling Manny's balls in his mouth then he is bashing the sport of Boxing about needing a super-fight. Seriously Martin...stick to sports where people use their feet, because you don't know s**t about Boxing.

logrus
05-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Like anybody cares about what Martin Rogers has to say about Boxing. He needs to stick to writing about Soccer, or other crap Americans could care less about.

The dude is a Pacquiao nuthugger and if he's not juggling Manny's balls in his mouth then he is bashing the sport of Boxing about needing a super-fight. Seriously Martin...stick to sports where people use their feet, because you don't know s**t about Boxing.

LoL, yeah I pretty much stopped reading what the yahoo sports writers have had to say. It really is just a bunch of bias garbage to shock readers into coming back or following what they have to say down the line.

I Boo Floyd all the time and last night I actually liked watching all 12 rounds.

J.B.
05-03-2010, 01:25 AM
LoL, yeah I pretty much stopped reading what the yahoo sports writers have had to say. It really is just a bunch of bias garbage to shock readers into coming back or following what they have to say down the line.

I Boo Floyd all the time and last night I actually liked watching all 12 rounds.

Yeah, I mean is it any surprise that article came from the same site who is paid to have a "UFC" section instead of an MMA section, and they are also paid to keep it one slot above Boxing.

It really is funny though, if you look through Martin Rogers articles, I only came across 3 on Boxing from the last year. That article, another one that has him complaining about Pac/Floyd not fighting, and a third that says Pacquiao needs to be considered an All Time Great after beating Cotto.

His bullcrap and bias writing landed him on the front page of Yahoo though, so good for him, I guess. :rolleyes:

logrus
05-03-2010, 02:28 AM
Yeah, I mean is it any surprise that article came from the same site who is paid to have a "UFC" section instead of an MMA section, and they are also paid to keep it one slot above Boxing.

It really is funny though, if you look through Martin Rogers articles, I only came across 3 on Boxing from the last year. That article, another one that has him complaining about Pac/Floyd not fighting, and a third that says Pacquiao needs to be considered an All Time Great after beating Cotto.

His bullcrap and bias writing landed him on the front page of Yahoo though, so good for him, I guess. :rolleyes:

Haha, that's probably because Kevin Iole was stuck on the toilet and couldn't get his article in first. I don't even know who's worth the read on Yahoo anymore.

J.B.
05-03-2010, 02:59 AM
Haha, that's probably because Kevin Iole was stuck on the toilet and couldn't get his article in first. I don't even know who's worth the read on Yahoo anymore.

Iole is okay, sometimes.

I actually looked a little deeper at Rogers article history on Yahoo, and I swear all his Boxing articles are either Pro-Pacquiao, anti-Mayweather, or highly critical of Boxing in general. Why the hell they even let that guy write about the sport is beyond me.

Anybody who thinks last night's fight was bad for Boxing and good for MMA is clearly stupid.

Buc Nasty
05-03-2010, 06:40 AM
LOL @ the ref!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47762000/jpg/_47762592_466may.jpg

logrus
05-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Iole is okay, sometimes.

I actually looked a little deeper at Rogers article history on Yahoo, and I swear all his Boxing articles are either Pro-Pacquiao, anti-Mayweather, or highly critical of Boxing in general. Why the hell they even let that guy write about the sport is beyond me.

Anybody who thinks last night's fight was bad for Boxing and good for MMA is clearly stupid.

Exactly, I am a Pac MAn nut hugger and an Anti Floyd supporter and even I thought his fight the other night was worth the watch, and I don't say that very often.

I found it funny that you researched Rogers lol.

J.B.
05-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Exactly, I am a Pac MAn nut hugger and an Anti Floyd supporter and even I thought his fight the other night was worth the watch, and I don't say that very often.

I found it funny that you researched Rogers lol.

It didn't take much research. I knew you were quoting the article that was plastered on the front page of Yahoo yesterday. When you click on the author's name it shows a list of every article they have written.

Anybody who doesn't respect what we saw on Saturday night from top to bottom doesn't deserve to get paid money to write about it on Yahoo in my opinion.

Miss Foxy
05-03-2010, 03:43 PM
I love it I was at a party with over 50 people and I was the only one rooting for Mayweather!! Ahh the smell of victory!!:happydancing:

logrus
05-03-2010, 07:57 PM
It didn't take much research. I knew you were quoting the article that was plastered on the front page of Yahoo yesterday. When you click on the author's name it shows a list of every article they have written.

Anybody who doesn't respect what we saw on Saturday night from top to bottom doesn't deserve to get paid money to write about it on Yahoo in my opinion.

Still to much work for me lol.