PDA

View Full Version : ***SPOILERS*** WEC 48 ***SPOILERS***

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:08 AM
Well, as long as my stream lasts, I'll post my thoughts. Once Zuffa catches me, I'll just post play-by-plays from MMAWeekly.

First up: Antonio "Love Me, Chuck!" Banuelos vs. Scott "Stop Staring at My Freaky Skin" Jorgensen

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:18 AM
MAN! What a heck of a first round!!! Antonio rocked him with that hook, but then Scott almost wrapped up that arm! Not sure who to score that one for right now, but it was awesome!

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Did Jorgensen ever turn it around this round! He completely took over & controlled everything. I prolly would have given Antonio the slight edge in Rnd 1, but Scott easily dominated Rnd 2.

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Fantastic. Jorgensen easily won that fight, hands down, but Antonio never gave up, even when the choke was in. Even when Scott switched off for the armbar, Antonio still rolled out of it & started looking to GnP with only 3-4sec left!

flo
04-25-2010, 02:33 AM
Scott "Stop Staring at My Freaky Skin" Jorgensen

:laugh::laugh::laugh: You are too funny :-)

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:35 AM
Now on tap: Anthony "I Don't Know How to Pronounce It, Either" Njokuani vs. Shane "The Uglier Phil Baroni" Roller

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:37 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: You are too funny :-)
It's 1 part my natural humor & 3 parts malnutrition. Over the last 36hrs, I've had 1 bowl of applesauce, 1 jello cup, 1 PBJ sandwhich, 1 piece of toast, & 7 chicken nuggets. O & I threw up the first half of that list at about 11:30 last night. :sick:

But hey, now I get to illegally watch people assault each other. :happydancing:

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Roller just ran a clinic on Nja#*@&%(. Man, Anthony really needs to work on his grappling if he expects to go anywhere near the title.

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:44 AM
Ahhh-Hahahaha! Jake Shields & Dana, arm-in-arm! :happydancing:

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:44 AM
Hmmm, taht was quick. Pre-lim now? :huh:

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:47 AM
Ah crap, nevermind, just Kimbo. :rolleyes:

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Next up: Mike "That Guy That Beat Urijah" Brown vs Manny "Do You F#%$ing Know Who My Cousin Is, Bro?" Gamburyan

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:57 AM
BANG, KNOCK-OUT, OVER! :punch:

Manny landed a nice short right as Mike was on his way in. Powerful punch!

flo
04-25-2010, 02:58 AM
OK, I'm going to watch illegally now too.

Hope you're feeling better...

flo
04-25-2010, 02:58 AM
Shoot, I missed it!! Dang, and I really like Manny.

flo
04-25-2010, 03:00 AM
Not that I don't like Mike Brown but he reminds me too much of the Green River serial killer. :unsure-1:

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 03:00 AM
OK, I'm going to watch illegally now too.

Hope you're feeling better...
I am, now. I'm able to hold the food down & am hoping that a good night's rest & a good breakfast will have me right as rain.

Seriously, these first 3 fights are gonna be hard to beat for FotN, KOotN & SotN. Fantastic!

Now, here's hoping that at least one of these title fights will be over before my internet shuts off at midnight!

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 03:03 AM
Not that I don't like Mike Brown but he reminds me too much of the Green River serial killer. :unsure-1:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 03:06 AM
WOW! I'm really impressed with Pickett's ability to time his takedowns & also Johnson's ability to get back up to his feet. Great first round!!

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 03:12 AM
ANOTHER fantastic round! I have yet to be bored by any of the rounds so far tonight! :happydancing:

I give Picket the first 2 rnds, btw.

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 03:18 AM
Pickett gets Rnd 3, too, but I was impressed by a coupla Johnson's takedowns. Really a lot of fun to watch!

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 03:23 AM
Here comes:

Ben "Hendo's Illegitimate Love Child" Henderson vs Donald "I Was On the TapouT Show" Cerrone

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 03:32 AM
GREAT WIN FOR LIL' HENDO!!!

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 03:35 AM
Hallelujah! Love the immediate thanks to God from Ben! Dude's got an awesome first name, don't y'all think? :happydancing:

Btw, now we get to see: Jose "It's Not Pronounced 'Hose-Ay'" Aldo vs Urijah "Most Popular Butt-Chin" Faber

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 03:39 AM
Man, those were some nasty elbows that finished Fisher! :blink:

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 03:43 AM
O, boo! They're showing another pre-lim! They're not gonna let me watch the Main Event before my internet shuts off. I hate you, Dana White, & I hate your @$$ face! :muttering:

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 03:48 AM
Well, judging by the fights I've seen, here's where my bonuses would go:

Fight of the Night: Pickett vs Johnson
Submission of the Night: Ben Henderson
Knock Out of the Night: Manny Gamburyan

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 03:57 AM
OK, well I might get to see the first round. Here's hoping this fight ends early! :happydancing:

flo
04-25-2010, 04:03 AM
Here comes:

Ben "Hendo's Illegitimate Love Child" Henderson vs Donald "I Was On the TapouT Show" Cerrone

:laugh::laugh: You're on a roll!!

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 04:05 AM
Good first round. Guess I'll have to find out the finish in the morning.

flo
04-25-2010, 04:05 AM
I betcha FotN goes to Garcia vs Jung...

cubsfan47
04-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Ahhh-Hahahaha! Jake Shields & Dana, arm-in-arm! :happydancing:

$$$$$$$$$$$:tongue0011:

bj44
04-25-2010, 05:27 AM

i take it you havnt seen the garcia vs jung fight yet then... Jung was robbed btw

Buzzard
04-25-2010, 08:17 AM
i take it you havnt seen the garcia vs jung fight yet then... Jung was robbed btw

I agree completely. The Korean Zombie won that fight. Brains, mmmm.

Buc Nasty
04-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Dude's got an awesome first name, don't y'all think? :happydancing:

Nah, it sounds a bit Bent to me.

Just kidding!

Tyburn
04-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Oh dear...I dont think I got like...any picks correct :unsure-1:

:laugh:

Bobby71
04-25-2010, 02:05 PM
I didn't watch the card, but from what I hear it was pretty amazing.

rockdawg21
04-25-2010, 03:10 PM
I was too busy to sig bet anybody on Aldo/Faber. I'd of won with my pick :sad:

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 05:47 PM
i take it you havnt seen the garcia vs jung fight yet then... Jung was robbed btwYou're right, I didn't get to. I need to find it somewhere so I can partake!

I didn't watch the card, but from what I hear it was pretty amazing.
I'm pretty sure that every single fight, pre-lim or otherwise, was televised last night, & all of them were amazing!

flo
04-25-2010, 06:02 PM
They're not gonna let me watch the Main Event before my internet shuts off.

If you don't mind my asking, why does your internet shut off? :ninja:

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 06:42 PM
If you don't mind my asking, why does your internet shut off? :ninja:
'Cause that's how my Dad has our router set up. Between my brother just hitting high school & me tending to "waste" (his words, not mine!) a ton of time on here, Dad decided to put a curfew on the intra-webs. The router shuts off between midnight & 6am. Kinda forces me to get a good night's rest, especially before church! :laugh:

flo
04-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Oh, bummer!

But I guess it's a good idea in the long run...

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Oh, bummer!

But I guess it's a good idea in the long run...
Yeah. I'd rather make the short-term trade of missing the last half of a title fight which I can download later for the long-term benefit of having good sleep habits.

Buc Nasty
04-25-2010, 09:57 PM

I agree with Ben. Garcia/Jung was great, but it was just an all out slugfest. Pickett/Johnson was a technical masterpiece from both fighters - To quote Dana, I was blown away by that fight. Johnson is such an exciting fighter and some of his combinations were pure poetry, but when he went for that jumping knee and Pickett countered it with a mid-air takedown....I flew out of my nice comfy seat! Insane! And how did Johnson not get knocked out by that spinebuster takedown by Pickett? Nasty! That fight was one of the best I've ever seen.

bj44
04-25-2010, 10:37 PM
I agree with Ben. Garcia/Jung was great, but it was just an all out slugfest. Pickett/Johnson was a technical masterpiece from both fighters - To quote Dana, I was blown away by that fight. Johnson is such an exciting fighter and some of his combinations were pure poetry, but when he went for that jumping knee and Pickett countered it with a mid-air takedown....I flew out of my nice comfy seat! Insane! And how did Johnson not get knocked out by that spinebuster takedown by Pickett? Nasty! That fight was one of the best I've ever seen.

lol you being a brit has nothing to do with that?.... jung vs garcia rightfully won the fight of the night bonus!!!

Buc Nasty
04-25-2010, 11:14 PM
lol you being a brit has nothing to do with that?.... jung vs garcia rightfully won the fight of the night bonus!!!

:laugh: Jeez you got problems!

I knew nothing about them before this fight. When I saw the Union Jack on Pickett's shorts I assumed it was another Marcus Davis making claims about being British via his great grandma's grandma to try and get a few extra fans.

Thanks for clearing that up though!

Tyburn
04-25-2010, 11:39 PM
:laugh: Jeez you got problems!

I knew nothing about them before this fight. When I saw the Union Jack on Pickett's shorts I assumed it was another Marcus Davis making claims about being British via his great grandma's grandma to try and get a few extra fans.

Thanks for clearing that up though!

:blink: didnt you ever used to watch Cage Rage :huh: How could you not know about Brad Pickett :mellow:

...and Beeej is Canadian...not from the U.S :ninja: I think he's French Canadian...but I might just have made that up...I cant remember...but I sware we once talked about the french language and he could read it :unsure: so the Marcus Davis thing...it dont really qualify as stinging wit does it :tongue0011:

...now had you watched my predictions video...you might have known about Pickett...

Buc Nasty
04-25-2010, 11:45 PM
:blink: didnt you ever used to watch Cage Rage :huh: How could you not know about Brad Pickett :mellow:

...and Beeej is Canadian...not from the U.S :ninja: I think he's French Canadian...but I might just have made that up...I cant remember...but I sware we once talked about the french language and he could read it :unsure: so the Marcus Davis thing...it dont really qualify as stinging wit does it :tongue0011:

...now had you watched my predictions video...you might have known about Pickett...

Cage Rage was s***. I'd never heard of Bisping until TUF my friend!

Who's Beeej?

Not meaning to sound nasty Dave but I don't watch any prediction video's, they are for the types of people who feel the need to log on to facebook when they are considering eating a biscuit or taking a dump.

rearnakedchoke
04-26-2010, 12:48 AM
So are we going to see Aldo go up now and fight Henderson??? did they announce that?

Tyburn
04-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Cage Rage was s***. I'd never heard of Bisping until TUF my friend!

Who's Beeej?

Not meaning to sound nasty Dave but I don't watch any prediction video's, they are for the types of people who feel the need to log on to facebook when they are considering eating a biscuit or taking a dump.

Cage Rage wasnt that bad on TV...but it wasnt so good to visit...I know, I went to one of their last....See my video below :ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTlGqbwdYzc

Predictions videos are made a lot by Americans, infact, I only know two regular British Video Bloggers for MMA...and its nothing of the sort with facebook...its about connecting with others who like doing it...and seeing who gets the most right...a bit like...being on this Forum...its a community...course its only really open to those who can actually be arsed to make and upload the videos in the first place

Beeeeeeeeeej = BJ44 :)

flo
04-26-2010, 01:27 AM
Garcia/Jung was great, but it was just an all out slugfest.

I have to respectfully disagree; it was hardly "just a slugfest".

atomdanger
04-26-2010, 02:51 AM
*yawn*

Glad I didn't buy this event.
I thought the Korean Zombie was ROBBED, I don't see how Garcia won a single round.

HORRIBLE judging imo.
Aldo looked pretty sharp, I wish he was a 155er.

bj44
04-26-2010, 01:15 PM

im a half black french Canadian who was born in Quebec but now lives just outside Chicago. :laugh:

Buc Nasty
04-26-2010, 05:04 PM
I have to respectfully disagree; it was hardly "just a slugfest".

We thought it was hilarious, very entertaining!

Cage Rage wasnt that bad on TV...but it wasnt so good to visit...I know, I went to one of their last....See my video below :ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTlGqbwdYzc

Predictions videos are made a lot by Americans, infact, I only know two regular British Video Bloggers for MMA...and its nothing of the sort with facebook...its about connecting with others who like doing it...and seeing who gets the most right...a bit like...being on this Forum...its a community...course its only really open to those who can actually be arsed to make and upload the videos in the first place

Beeeeeeeeeej = BJ44 :)

Oh thaaaaat Beej, my bad!

I don't mind reading peoples predictions, but I'm not into the video side of it!