PDA

View Full Version : My race with Justin Allgaier

donaldbreland
04-22-2010, 12:12 AM
I won a contest to race Justin Allgaier of the Nascar Nationwide Series.

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/sports/motor_sports/article/allgaier_races_local_fans_at_speedpark/128491/

It was go karts but hey I won lol. He was a great guy and I wish him luck in the Nationwide Series this year.

flo
04-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Cool! You made the news!

Donald, that is not at ALL how I pictured you! :) I have a friend, Donald, and he's an older (50's) guy, skinny, with thinning blonde hair, lol! Transference, I guess. :happydancing:

Anyway, nice to put a face to the name...

donaldbreland
04-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Yeah since my wife had kids I have gained 50 lbs lol. I am up to 230 lbs now but I soon hope to shed about 30 lbs lol.

donaldbreland
04-22-2010, 12:26 AM
It was a pretty neat deal. I signed up on a drawing through facebook and won a chance to race him. I actually had to race a heat race which I won, a qualifying race and the a three kart 10 lap shoot out which I lead all 10 laps to win two tickets. It was pretty fun. I drove 2 hrs and 45 minutes one way to race this thing lol.

flo
04-22-2010, 12:50 AM
Yeah since my wife had kids I have gained 50 lbs lol. I am up to 230 lbs now but I soon hope to shed about 30 lbs lol.

Well, you're a big guy! So's my hubby.

No, my friend weighs about as much as Don Knotts (I'm really dating myself now). :laugh: Let's say, um, bantamweight...

Neezar
04-22-2010, 12:50 AM
Congrats! You speed demon You. :laugh:

flo
04-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Touch red, Neez!

:w00t:

donaldbreland
04-22-2010, 04:15 AM
lol. The truth is I had this really smart Idea to try and gain 20 lbs so I can build it up and really lost control of my eating habits.

J.B.
04-22-2010, 04:26 AM
That's awesome man! :)

They gave you a cool trophy!

donaldbreland
04-22-2010, 04:33 AM
I won two tickets to Darlington Raceway and two all day park passes to Nascar speedpark in Myrtle Beach SC. The cool thing is it was free lol. The trophy was all metal. I had him sign it and if he goes big then I will donate it to a charity for auction.

Mac
04-22-2010, 04:39 AM
Donald that is just to cool !!!!!!!!! Just simply AWSOME!!!! That looks like it would be a blast to race those karts.

donaldbreland
04-22-2010, 04:55 AM
It was a cool opportunity to race against a young up and coming Nationwide Series driver. Don't think for one minute he wasn't trying to win either. I actually had a guy blocking me and I had to punt him and Justin got tangled in the wreck. Before I knew it I was half a track ahead and lead all 10 laps. It was fun and Justin was a class act.

donaldbreland
04-22-2010, 04:57 AM
This is from www.nnsracing.com

Press release: Justin Allgaier spends day with Darlington fans at Myrtle Beach NASCAR Speedpark

Penske Racing's Justin Allgaier (left) races with a fan at Myrtle Beach NASCAR Speedpark. (Photo: Mary Ann Chastain/Getty Images for Darlington Raceway)

Darlington Raceway
DARLINGTON, S.C. (April 21, 2010) – Justin Allgaier knows a thing or two about racing. In fact, Allgaier posted a top-five finish in his first career start at the treacherous Darlington Raceway in 2009. On Wednesday, all of that racing expertise went out the door when Justin traded his usual No. 12 Verizon Penske Racing Dodge for a go-kart at the Myrtle Beach NASCAR Speedpark.

Allgaier was in town to promote the upcoming NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Darlington Raceway and stopped at the Myrtle Beach NASCAR Speedpark to race fans who won a contest on the Speedpark’s Facebook page.

“It was a lot of fun to get out on the track and race with the fans today,” said Allgaier. “They certainly didn’t make it easy for me out there; I had to fight for every inch on the track. It was great to spend time with the fans today, they are all so passionate about NASCAR and Darlington Raceway and it makes me really excited to get back here in a couple weeks for the Nationwide event. When it came down to the final race, we wrecked twice in the first two laps. That goes to show how bad people wanted to win tickets to Darlington.”

“Justin was a great sport out there today with the fans,” said Darlington Raceway President, Chris Browning. “He is one of the hottest up and coming drivers in NASCAR and to see him out there racing with the fans and having a great time is pretty cool. The fans are the reason we are all here racing so to be able to host an event like this for them is really special.”

One of the hot topics of conversation was the upcoming NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Darlington Raceway, an event Allgaier finished fifth in last year in just his first start.

“In my first start at Darlington last year our team ran really well,” said Allgaier. “I am hoping we can get to victory lane there this year. With all of the history at Darlington a win would be something really special for my career and something I would never forget.”

donaldbreland
04-22-2010, 04:59 AM
The first wreck was before the green flag lol.

donaldbreland
04-22-2010, 05:02 AM
http://nationwide.nascar.com/nationwide-series/2010/news/headlines/bg/04/21/news.notes.talladega/

Allgaier challenges fans to race

A little extra racing before heading to Talladega can't hurt. But what if you get beat in the process? Justin Allgaier is hoping that won't happen. But if it does, he probably won't be too disappointed. The 2009 Nationwide Series Raybestos Rookie of the Year will be at the NASCAR Speedpark in Myrtle Beach, S.C., on Wednesday, April 21 at 11:30 a.m. ET, where he'll challenge fans and media to a go-kart race.

I thought this was kind of funny.

donaldbreland
04-22-2010, 05:14 AM
http://www.carolinalive.com/sports/video.aspx?id=446886

I never thought this would make the news this big in South Carolina. Still got in my two minutes of fame lol.

Buzzard
04-22-2010, 08:28 AM
http://www.carolinalive.com/sports/video.aspx?id=446886

I never thought this would make the news this big in South Carolina. Still got in my two minutes of fame lol.

Congrats on your win. You're just lucky I wasn't in the race, I would've stolen your thunder and made you settle for 2nd.:laugh:

Chuck
04-22-2010, 02:25 PM
I won a contest to race Justin Allgaier of the Nascar Nationwide Series.

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/sports/motor_sports/article/allgaier_races_local_fans_at_speedpark/128491/

It was go karts but hey I won lol. He was a great guy and I wish him luck in the Nationwide Series this year.

Congrats!!!

Very cool brother!!

Tyburn
04-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Can you Fed-Ex your Golden cup to me...would look amazing on my Mantle Piece :laugh:

I Kid, I Kid, welldone Donald! :happydancing:

Your Famous :w00t:

donaldbreland
04-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Thanks Dave.

bradwright
04-26-2010, 01:43 AM
way to go there Donald ! ! !:)
looks like it would have been a lot of fun...nice trophy to boot ! !

Tyburn
04-26-2010, 01:51 AM
Thanks Dave.

Your welcome Donald :)

flo
04-26-2010, 02:29 AM
Donald, I have to laugh because every time I glance at this thread on the front page I read it as "My race with Justin Alligator".

:laugh::laugh:

donaldbreland
04-26-2010, 02:43 AM
Donald, I have to laugh because every time I glance at this thread on the front page I read it as "My race with Justin Alligator".

:laugh::laugh:

Thats funny. My wife was watching me and talking to other people there and when other people asked who we were racing against she said Justin Allgator lol.

donaldbreland
04-26-2010, 02:45 AM
way to go there Donald ! ! !:)
looks like it would have been a lot of fun...nice trophy to boot ! !

Thanks Brad.

flo
04-26-2010, 03:15 AM
Thats funny. My wife was watching me and talking to other people there and when other people asked who we were racing against she said Justin Allgator lol.

Haha!! ^^ 5 sistah!