PDA

View Full Version : WEC 48 Predictions!

Tyburn
04-21-2010, 08:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jzq-v7tGeo

Im going for Brandon Visher, Rani Yahya, Anthony Morrison, Brad Pickett, Leonard Garcia, Anthony Pettis, Anthony Banuelos, shane Roller, Mike Brown, Donald Cerrone.

On the main event I think Urijah Faber, but Hope for Jose Aldo :)

Bobby71
04-21-2010, 09:37 PM
^You think Faber!? Maybe if Faber can take him down and keep him there, but I think Aldo is going to wreck him.

Tyburn
04-21-2010, 09:49 PM
^You think Faber!? Maybe if Faber can take him down and keep him there, but I think Aldo is going to wreck him.

Faber has only ever had a problem with two men...outside of that, there is nothing to suppose that he isnt anything he was during his title reign...he's faced the better competition...and we dont know Aldo on the ground well enough to know who would come out on top there.

Like I said...I hope Aldo wins...but...Im not confident of that :unsure-1:

Max
04-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Faber has only ever had a problem with two men...outside of that, there is nothing to suppose that he isnt anything he was during his title reign...he's faced the better competition...and we dont know Aldo on the ground well enough to know who would come out on top there.

Like I said...I hope Aldo wins...but...Im not confident of that :unsure-1:

Aldo is gonna smash him. Faber's only shot is to get in close and I just dont see that happening. Aldo can end the fight so quickly that I think its only a matter of time before Faber gets caught and then is out.

Tyburn
04-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Aldo is gonna smash him.

Lets hope. :w00t:

Max
04-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Lets hope. :w00t:

why dont you like Faber? is it cause he beat Jens?

Tyburn
04-22-2010, 04:19 PM
why dont you like Faber? is it cause he beat Jens?

No...its coz of his...chin :unsure:

:laugh:

I dont like him because he refuses to fight in organisations that actually hold the best tallent, he wouldnt even move weight. Recently, he said he would only move weight if they offered him a title shot right away...sorry...his ego is a tad to big...who does he think he is?? BJ Penn or something :laugh:

billwilliams70
04-22-2010, 04:37 PM
I think that Aldo takes this one, easily.

I want Faber to win because I think he's a good guy. He came out to visit with us in Afghanistan and I got to sit down with him for a few and he was pretty cool.

Later.

bj44
04-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Aldo, Cerrone, Brown, n Njokuani... also the Korean Zombie is gonna wreck Garcia in the prelims!!!

County Mike
04-22-2010, 05:34 PM

I dont like him because he refuses to fight in organisations that actually hold the best tallent, he wouldnt even move weight. Recently, he said he would only move weight if they offered him a title shot right away...sorry...his ego is a tad to big...who does he think he is?? BJ Penn or something :laugh:

In his weight class, WEC is the biggest show around. Why should he change weight classes to fight somewhere else? That's just a ridiculous statement.

KevinD
04-22-2010, 05:44 PM
I think Aldo wins and I think we are looking at a legend in the making. The sky is the limit for Aldo.

billwilliams70
04-22-2010, 06:25 PM
I think Aldo wins and I think we are looking at a legend in the making. The sky is the limit for Aldo.
I think you are right KevinD.

Later.

Tyburn
04-22-2010, 07:22 PM
any thoughts on the rest of the card :huh:

billwilliams70
04-22-2010, 07:32 PM
any thoughts on the rest of the card :huh:
:blink: Nope.

Later.

Max
04-22-2010, 08:33 PM

Country Mike said it best. He is in the best org for the div he is in. Why should he go some place else?

Tyburn
04-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Country Mike said it best. He is in the best org for the div he is in. Why should he go some place else?

NOW He is. But Zuffa didnt always own WEC did they...oh and now...he ISNT the Champion is he.

The best place for him to have gone would have been Shooto at one time. Now of course with Zuffa backing the WEC has an elivated status and a new influx of proper little men....and the first thing that happens...?

Urijah Faber who people used to rabbit on about on this very site as being a
P4P best...lost the Title...and then suddenly people act like they dont know who he was.

Now I hope...I really do, that Aldo wins. I think he has a good potential. BUT he does lack names on his record, and we dont know how good he is on the ground....and whilst people are pretending they dont think much to Urijah Faber you should note that whilst he has had a bad run of it lately...he's only lost to ONE PERSON in YEARS....how the time off from injury might effect him I dont know...perhaps he will suffer ring rust and Aldo will be on top form...but...I'm kinda playing it safe on my predictions.

If you dont like that...fine...but Its logically thought through...I hope its the wrong conclusion...but I wouldnt bet on it.

Tyburn
04-22-2010, 10:10 PM
In his weight class, WEC is the biggest show around. Why should he change weight classes to fight somewhere else? That's just a ridiculous statement.

You know the one really big positive thing BJ Penn has, that Urijah Faber lacks?

When you find out what it is...(a thing most fighters have)...you will understand why Urijah Faber missed his chance to move to a more legitamate level of greatness then he had in WEC...(please note...we are talking before the Zuffa take over)

...emphasized by the fact he wont fight at a different weight class unless its directly for the title....whats he fightened of? that he might not make it to the title as quick as he thinks?....thats a bold move to make when your not even the current holder of the belt...and failed twice against your deposer!

bj44
04-22-2010, 11:09 PM
You know the one really big positive thing BJ Penn has, that Urijah Faber lacks?

When you find out what it is...(a thing most fighters have)...you will understand why Urijah Faber missed his chance to move to a more legitamate level of greatness then he had in WEC...(please note...we are talking before the Zuffa take over)

...emphasized by the fact he wont fight at a different weight class unless its directly for the title....whats he fightened of? that he might not make it to the title as quick as he thinks?....thats a bold move to make when your not even the current holder of the belt...and failed twice against your deposer!

the thing about urijah is hes not even a big fw... He can make bw very easily. Him fighting top level lw's wouldnt really be fair to ask for him. Shows how talented he is that he dominated the fw class and gave tyson griffin who is wayyyy bigger a good fight.

Tyburn
04-22-2010, 11:29 PM
the thing about urijah is hes not even a big fw... .

No, but he's charged like a battery :laugh:

In the interview I saw he said he wouldnt mind fighting at BW or LW...BUT he's only interested in superfights for the title. He said that recently...as in, this past week...as in...hang on mate, you dont have the FW Title back yet :rolleyes:

Spiritwalker
04-25-2010, 01:39 AM
I wasn't going to get this fight... but I caved in.. the card is just tooooooo good.

First 2 fights were good...

My picks..

Jose Aldo Vs. Urijah Faber
Ben Henderson Vs. Donald Cerrone
Mike Brown Vs. Manny Gamburyan
Anthony Njokuani Vs. Shane Roller
Antonio Banuelos Vs. Scott Jorgensen
Leonard Garcia Vs. Chan Sung Jung
Alex Karalexis Vs. Anthony Pettis

flo
04-25-2010, 02:08 AM
Holy cow! I won't give it away but that Garcia - Jung fight was AWESOME!!!

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:11 AM
Holy cow! I won't give it away but that Garcia - Jung fight was AWESOME!!!
You saw it already? :blink: Isn't it a pre-lim?

flo
04-25-2010, 02:13 AM
Yeah, the prelims wrapped up about 10 minutes ago here on the west coast, Ben. That's why I didn't give it away, just in case...

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:33 AM
Yeah, the prelims wrapped up about 10 minutes ago here on the west coast, Ben. That's why I didn't give it away, just in case...
Right, but how did you see them? Are you at the fights? :huh:

flo
04-25-2010, 02:55 AM
No, they were on Spike.

VCURamFan
04-25-2010, 02:57 AM
No, they were on Spike.
O, duh! I shoulda figured that out. :banghead: :laugh:

Buc Nasty
04-25-2010, 08:16 AM
My picks..

Jose Aldo Vs. Urijah Faber
Ben Henderson Vs. Donald Cerrone
Mike Brown Vs. Manny Gamburyan
Anthony Njokuani Vs. Shane Roller
Antonio Banuelos Vs. Scott Jorgensen
Leonard Garcia Vs. Chan Sung Jung
Alex Karalexis Vs. Anthony Pettis

I hope you didn't have money on those!

Spiritwalker
04-25-2010, 08:25 PM
I hope you didn't have money on those!

Tell me about it!!....

That's prolly the worst picks for me ever!!!

Tyburn
04-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Tell me about it!!....

That's prolly the worst picks for me ever!!!

:sad:Mine too...4-7 :cry: it beats my previous on record epic fail of 4.5.1 for UFC112...the one in Austrailia :(

Buc Nasty
04-25-2010, 09:13 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a better night of fights than that, absolutely fantastic!

Johnson v Pickett was probably my favourite but Garcia v Zombie was crazy too!

Anyone notice there was not WEC logo anywhere? Is there something I don't know about?

Tyburn
04-25-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a better night of fights than that, absolutely fantastic!

Johnson v Pickett was probably my favourite but Garcia v Zombie was crazy too!

Anyone notice there was not WEC logo anywhere? Is there something I don't know about?

it was on ppv...perhaps the UFC are trying to market it as a UFC event...because maybe it costs more to market as a different event...there could be alsorts of legally binding stuff with marketing names and brands on ppv...thats my only guess.

They do that on youtube now. Originally they had two channels. "UFC" and "WEConVersus" now all the WEC stuff is being hosted under UFC...you'll notice recently all the events of WEC have appeared and are listed on the UFC homepage...do I think they are trying to merge? no...BUT I do think they are trying to make it clear that WEC is the UFC for little people...they are making it explicitly clear but unneeded duplication on the websites that UFC is as much incontrol of WEC as it is UFC events...I think its for management ease...I bet you find, somehow, somewhere it saves Zuffa money because they might not need to register WEC as its own company in certain places...I dont know...all complete guess work...but wouldnt be suprised...I cant think why they wouldnt stamp something with their own logo except for some legal reason they werent allowed to...and if you could save money by marketting something by the same name as something else, which you could do if you owned both, and save a fortune on some kinda sponcership deal...or PPV deal...or whatever it is...perhaps that would answer it

tell me...did they display the UFC logo?