PDA

View Full Version : Guard warns of fake calls to Soldiers' Families

MattHughesRocks
04-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Now this is a very sick person!

COLCHESTER — Families of at least three Vermont National Guard members on deployment in Afghanistan have received hoax nighttime phone calls from a person who says their soldier was injured and then hangs up, a Guard spokesman said Friday.

“This behavior is totally unacceptable,” Lt. Col. Lloyd Goodrow told reporters during a hastily arranged news conference Friday at Guard headquarters at Camp Johnson. “These families have gone through enough without this kind of abusive behavior.”

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20100417/NEWS02/100417001/National-Guard-outraged-by-hoax

MattHughesRocks
04-21-2010, 04:43 PM
I also just saw on the news that the "woman" told people their family member died to. Can you believe it?! :scared0011:

atomdanger
04-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Who does this kind of ****? Really?

MattHughesRocks
04-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Probably the same kind of person that cuts a woman's baby out of her stomach just because she wants a baby. I don't know why but it was the first thing I thought of:wacko:

Llamafighter
04-21-2010, 05:39 PM

dirtbags...

flo
04-21-2010, 06:10 PM

That was my first thought too. There's got to be a special kind of hell for people who get off on traumatizing our already stressed out military families.

I hope they find who is doing this.

Bobby71
04-21-2010, 09:39 PM
That was my first thought too. There's got to be a special kind of hell for people who get off on traumatizing our already stressed out military families.

I hope they find who is doing this.

But even if they find them, then what? What could they charge them with? I guess they could just find some one to teach them a lesson.

flo
04-21-2010, 09:58 PM
But even if they find them, then what? What could they charge them with? I guess they could just find some one to teach them a lesson.

Well, it will be interesting this October to see how the Supreme Court handles the case of the Westboro "Church", whose members protested at the funeral of Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder. Matthew's father filed a defamation suit and won a $10+ million judgement against them, later reduced to $5 million, for punitive damages, damages for emotional stress and compensation (which was thrown out by the 4th Circuit).

So I suppose they could sue for defamation and emotional distress. I hope so, anyway.