PDA

View Full Version : Who's getting the WEC this weekend?

Bobby71
04-21-2010, 02:03 PM
I think I'm going to skip this one. It's a great card but I just don't want to spend that kind of money on it. I'll save my 55 bucks for the next great UFC ppv.

TexasRN
04-21-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm not going to get it for much the same reason. I don't want to spend money on another PPV this month. I generally like the WEC fights more than the UFC right now but I had to buy this last card since Matt was on it!

~Amy

County Mike
04-21-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm buying it as part of my birthday gift to Al Buck. We're hosting his birthday party and including the PPV. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have.

KevinD
04-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Although I really like this card, I am skipping it too. There is only so much money for fights. Machida/Rua trumps this card for me.

logrus
04-21-2010, 02:40 PM
I wont be buying the card. Seems like it might have some good fights, but its Wec.

rearnakedchoke
04-21-2010, 02:54 PM
i am saving the money and renting a few midgets wrestling dvds to fill to void of tiny people fighting ...

JohnnyB
04-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Can anyone say Buffalo Wild Wings? Unless one of my buddies buys the fights, I'll take myself down the street and watch it on the big screens... for FREE! :)

Bobby71
04-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Can anyone say Buffalo Wild Wings? Unless one of my buddies buys the fights, I'll take myself down the street and watch it on the big screens... for FREE! :)
The last time I watched fights at a place other than house was when BJ Penn beat up Joe Stevenson. I went to a Hooters and watched it lived at 1pm. Since it was at 1pm there wasn't much of a crowd, so that was nice. I got a good seat near the big screen. But, in order to keep the table I had to buy a meal and a few beers. By the time the ppv was over, I had spent over 30 bucks, with the beers and the food and the tip. I had fun but for 20 bucks more I could have just stayed home and bought the ppv.

TexasRN
04-21-2010, 03:58 PM
The last time I watched fights at a place other than house was when BJ Penn beat up Joe Stevenson. I went to a Hooters and watched it lived at 1pm. Since it was at 1pm there wasn't much of a crowd, so that was nice. I got a good seat near the big screen. But, in order to keep the table I had to buy a meal and a few beers. By the time the ppv was over, I had spent over 30 bucks, with the beers and the food and the tip. I had fun but for 20 bucks more I could have just stayed home and bought the ppv.

I find that if I go out somewhere to watch the fights, I usually end up paying for food and end up shelling out an amount close to what I would have paid. So I'm with you...I'd rather stay home and watch or not see it at all. I hate skipping the WEC card but hey, I'll survive reading the results instead of watching them happen. If enough people decide to not buy the PPV, then they may take it back to Versus again and at least get the revenue from the commercials.

~Amy

atomdanger
04-21-2010, 05:11 PM
I won't buy it.

and I don't know anybody who is getting it.
If it were 19 bucks or something, then yes.
45? No.

Bobby71
04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
If it were 20 bucks I might buy it. But 45, 55 for hd, no thanks.

Tyburn
04-21-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm buying it as part of my birthday gift to Al Buck. We're hosting his birthday party and including the PPV. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have.

Can you do me a favour...when you watch it...can you tell me if Jens Pulver is any part of the commentary :huh:

:) thanks :laugh:

Chuck
04-21-2010, 09:39 PM

I find that if I go out somewhere to watch the fights, I usually end up paying for food and end up shelling out an amount close to what I would have paid. So I'm with you...I'd rather stay home and watch or not see it at all. I hate skipping the WEC card but hey, I'll survive reading the results instead of watching them happen. If enough people decide to not buy the PPV, then they may take it back to Versus again and at least get the revenue from the commercials.

~Amy

I guess it's all about perspective because that's the exact reason why I always go out to watch the fights... For the same money as sitting at home and buying it I can get a free meal plus watch the fights!!! :D

Not to mention getting the meal served to me by a nice gal with a cute uniform. It's a win, win to me!

Bobby71
04-21-2010, 09:42 PM
I guess it's all about perspective because that's the exact reason why I always go out to watch the fights... For the same money as sitting at home and buying it I can get a free meal plus watch the fights!!! :D

Not to mention getting the meal served to me by a nice gal with a cute uniform. It's a win, win to me!

The view is better at my house, plus there is no "kick his ass c-bass" or "get up homos" when the fights go to the ground at my house. Oh, and no "I could kick his ass!"

Chuck
04-21-2010, 10:03 PM
The view is better at my house, plus there is no "kick his ass c-bass" or "get up homos" when the fights go to the ground at my house. Oh, and no "I could kick his ass!"

Actually I've never heard anything like that from the crowd where I watch fights... that's pretty lame if you have to put up with it though... :blink:

TexasRN
04-22-2010, 11:19 AM

And if the fights are boring, I can go to sleep. :laugh:

~Amy

Chuck
04-22-2010, 01:25 PM
And if the fights are boring, I can go to sleep. :laugh:

~Amy
Like you've never slept in a bar before..... :Whistle:

TexasRN
04-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Like you've never slept in a bar before..... :Whistle:

Nope, never, not one time. I actually don't go to a bar to watch the fights. I go to a sports bar and grill called Champs which has great food and like 10 million tvs. We go there a lot during playoffs and watch several games at once while we eat. That's fun. I'm not really a "bar" kind of girl.

~Amy