PDA

View Full Version : WOW.. 15 years ago!!!

Spiritwalker
04-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Feels like it was yesterday...

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1982767,00.html?hpt=C1

TENNESSEAN
04-19-2010, 07:57 PM
my best friend was killed in a car crash the day before. i didn't know the bombing had happen till later in the week. very bad week for me.

Shoots like a girl
04-19-2010, 08:41 PM
I cant believe its been 15 years. Doesnt seem like that long ago. Timothy McVey was sent here to Terre Haute, Indiana, where I live, and waited out his last days. This place was a mess the day he arrived and the day of his execution. One more monster gone. Thank God.

TENNESSEAN
04-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I cant believe its been 15 years. Doesnt seem like that long ago. Timothy McVey was sent here to Terre Haute, Indiana, where I live, and waited out his last days. This place was a mess the day he arrived and the day of his execution. One more monster gone. Thank God.
Is that the prison on the right going into sullivan. I spent 2 weeks a merom generating sta a couple months ago.

Shoots like a girl
04-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Is that the prison on the right going into sullivan. I spent 2 weeks a merom generating sta a couple months ago.

No that isnt the prison that McVey was in. It is maximum security though. I knew a guy that was a guard at the one in Sullivan, he says its a pretty rough place. The hubby fishes at Merom, I hear the fishing is awesome!

NateR
04-20-2010, 12:45 AM
I was in training in the Army when this happened, so I didn't hear about it until a couple of weeks afterwards. A terrible attack, but it's just a shame that McVeigh's ties with Al Qaeda have been buried.

For me personally, this attack pales in comparison to the Khobar Towers bombing which happened a little over a year later on June 25th, 1996 (hard to believe that we experienced a terrorist attack almost every single year back in the 1990s and were still completely unprepared for 9/11). But that one is more significant to me only because my brother was living in those barracks and there were a few days where we didn't know if he was alive or dead.

TENNESSEAN
04-20-2010, 04:46 PM
I was in training in the Army when this happened, so I didn't hear about it until a couple of weeks afterwards. A terrible attack, but it's just a shame that McVeigh's ties with Al Qaeda have been buried.

For me personally, this attack pales in comparison to the Khobar Towers bombing which happened a little over a year later on June 25th, 1996 (hard to believe that we experienced a terrorist attack almost every single year back in the 1990s and were still completely unprepared for 9/11). But that one is more significant to me only because my brother was living in those barracks and there were a few days where we didn't know if he was alive or dead.

uss cole, countless embassy bombings, Clinton did nothing. thats why they danced in the street after 9/11 saying the us would not do anything

Shoots like a girl
04-20-2010, 05:02 PM
uss cole, countless embassy bombings, Clinton did nothing. thats why they danced in the street after 9/11 saying the us would not do anything

THANK YOU!!!!! Guess he was busy in the oval office doing "other things" and couldnt be bothered with those little acts of terror. Boy did he set us up for 9/11. :punch: