PDA

View Full Version : a twist on Matt's blog

TLC
04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
I've really enjoyed Dana's video blogs, and wondered if Matt had ever considered doing the same

Spiritwalker
04-19-2010, 04:34 PM
That man is WAAAAAAAYYYYYY to busy... it would be cool to "hear" from Matt every other weeks or so.. but Family/Farm/His own gym/Fighting.. That would be something I would PAY $5.00 a month for.... and all the funds rased could go to Rancho 3M...or something like that...but there are only 24 hours in a day.

TLC
04-19-2010, 09:42 PM
That man is WAAAAAAAYYYYYY to busy... it would be cool to "hear" from Matt every other weeks or so.. but Family/Farm/His own gym/Fighting.. That would be something I would PAY $5.00 a month for.... and all the funds rased could go to Rancho 3M...or something like that...but there are only 24 hours in a day.

I don;t know that Dana really does anything special for the blogs all that much. 90% of the time, it just seems like they follow him around

logrus
04-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Once a month would be cool, dunno bout every week though

Tyburn
04-19-2010, 09:57 PM
it just seems like they follow him around

:ninja: could we get Nathan to do that :ninja:

:laugh:

TLC
04-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Once a month would be cool, dunno bout every week though

I get that...even Dana doesn't do his every week

I think it would be interesting to see some of the places in Hillsboro that he mentions in his book

Tyburn
04-19-2010, 10:29 PM

I think it would be interesting to see some of the places in Hillsboro that he mentions in his book

the problem with video blogs...(I should know, ive done them weekly for 109 weeks now)...is that they can be a bit invasive. Sometimes you might like want some privacy in your own home, or own backyard...and certainly a lot of your family might...I mean, my Gran is well Kewl 85 odd year old, and she loves being on film...but the rest of my family...they actually dont like it that much...Supposing my Mother has a bad hair day and its get plastered all over youtube...supposing the living rooms a mess...you know...I can totally understand why video blogging is a totally bad idea for some...particularly if your already under the fame spotlight...your home might be the one place where you can actually relax.

I'm not say Matt Shouldnt...but I could totally understand why he might consider it something he'd never do in a month of sundays

TLC
04-19-2010, 11:29 PM
the problem with video blogs...(I should know, ive done them weekly for 109 weeks now)...is that they can be a bit invasive. Sometimes you might like want some privacy in your own home, or own backyard...and certainly a lot of your family might...I mean, my Gran is well Kewl 85 odd year old, and she loves being on film...but the rest of my family...they actually dont like it that much...Supposing my Mother has a bad hair day and its get plastered all over youtube...supposing the living rooms a mess...you know...I can totally understand why video blogging is a totally bad idea for some...particularly if your already under the fame spotlight...your home might be the one place where you can actually relax.

I'm not say Matt Shouldnt...but I could totally understand why he might consider it something he'd never do in a month of sundays

That's a valid point. If you ever watch Dana's blog that covers like a day, sometimes two I think...they're certainly not 24-48 hours long. I'mcertainly not one of those people that thinks that, just becaue Matt's famous that I have a right to know everything.

I actually appreciate the fact that the UFC doesn't discuss details of fighter contracts. I never understood why it's ok to inquire about what a stranger makes...unless he's a professional athlete.

Neezar
04-20-2010, 03:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/user/matthughesonline

They are not blogs really. But they work when you want a nice cup of Matt Hughes on video. lol. You may thank me later. :biggrin-1:

Tyburn
04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
That's a valid point. If you ever watch Dana's blog that covers like a day, sometimes two I think...they're certainly not 24-48 hours long. I'mcertainly not one of those people that thinks that, just becaue Matt's famous that I have a right to know everything.

I actually appreciate the fact that the UFC doesn't discuss details of fighter contracts. I never understood why it's ok to inquire about what a stranger makes...unless he's a professional athlete.

You'll notice with Dana two...his main recording are whilst he's on the hop. In other words...its not like he lets you into his home every week...you get to basically watch as he's doing his job...a job can be a public affaire...so it reduces the worry of wishing to remain private.

I think that Dana White took an increadible risk doing his blogs, and I think they paid off for him...and I think they are actually very good....but they are not exactly personal blogs....and in a way...rightly so. :laugh: