PDA

View Full Version : A 3d Story: My trip to Strikeforce Weigh ins

3dlee
04-19-2010, 06:25 AM
Hey forumites! I had a unique opportunity to visit the official Strikeforce weigh ins Friday afternoon in Nashville and would like to share my experience. My girlfriend and I arrived at the arena in Nashville around 3:30. We quickly got in the line for autographs from Scott Smith and Nick Diaz. It took us approximately 15 minutes and we were at the table. Strikeforce had some awesome event posters that we were given for free to have signed. Scott Smith was really nice and autographed my g/f and I's posters as well as took pics. He informed me that he will be fighting Cung Le again sometime this summer and hopes to end it sooner. We moved on down the line and got pics/graphs with Nick Diaz. He ended up being in more of a hurry and a little less talkative. Next, we run over and try to get signatures from Brett Rogers, but the line got cut off 2 people ahead of us and secuirty would not budge. My g/f (Valarie) and I start walking around waiting for the weigh ins when we spot Big John McCarthy. Unfortunately he was in a roped off/ gated off section of the crowd where most people had backstage lanyards. Luckily, we notice that there was 0 security guarding the gate and we slid by. Big John was very nice and rather big! lol. The weigh ins commence and after being weighed in Mayhem Miller steps right behind us (we realize we were DEFINITELY not supposed to be there) and is very nice and poses for a picture. We continue on and get sigs/pics with Jimmy Lennon Jr. (great guy!), Bobby Lashley (real nice and HUGE!), and Scott Coker (all business, probably wondering how we got where we were.) After the weigh ins were all over we find UFC veteran Dean Lister. He tells us how he's their to corner (the new lhw champ) King Mo. After he poses and signs, we try to get King Mo to sign. To our delight Dean Lister replies; "Walk with us to the hotel and we'll do it their." :w00t: So Valarie and I got to walk to the hotel from the weigh ins with a fighter im a huge fan of and a guy that would be fighting on cbs the following day. We got to the hotel and King Mo and crew were amazing. After they part ways, we get pics with and signatures from Gegard Mousasi, Gilbert Melendez, Nate Diaz, and finally Brett Rogers (who was awesome and really wants to rematch Fedor). Everyone there was amazing. I was a little dissappointed that we never caught up with Jake or Hendo, but all the other fighters made up for it. The only people that were slightly rude were the Diaz bros (go figure), and I dont think Shinya Aoki understood that I was asking him for a picture. I cant speak Japanese. My favorite people to meet were Big John and Dean Lister. Dean inviting us to the hotel was amazing and really lead to us getting all the great pics and signatures. Thank you so much Dean! This was my first weigh in . If you ever get a chance to go, do it. Lots of fun. Im a huge signature and pic fanatic. I'll have pictures up here soon!

Thanks for the read!
3dlee

MattHughesRocks
04-19-2010, 06:31 AM
Awesome! I can't even remember the last time I had that much fun, lucky you! Post some pics! Or else! :biggrin-1:

Llamafighter
04-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Wow, sounds like a great time, man! Glad yo uhad a great time and really cool to hear the mostly everyone was good to ya!

TexasRN
04-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing it all with us.

~Amy

TENNESSEAN
04-20-2010, 03:17 AM
Cool. Let's see some pics. Wish I could have made it.

Tyburn
04-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Im glad you enjoyed it :)

rearnakedchoke
04-27-2010, 09:28 PM
sounds like a blast .. post some pics ... just of your girlfriend, i am not interested in any with you in them ...