PDA

View Full Version : Who the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was that fighting Jake Shields last night?!?!?

TLC
04-18-2010, 05:01 PM
That HAD to be a freakin' imposter because the Dan Henderson I know of had fought Jujitsu experts experts before, and certainly has more strategies for being on his back against one other than "I'm just gonna lay here and get punched in the face!"

And no, I don't buy that back stiffness was the problem because I also watched several good sprawls that wouldn't have been possible with a bad back!

Losing is one thing, but I was extremely dissapointed with what I saw in the main event last night!

Bobby71
04-18-2010, 05:22 PM
He didn't look like himself in there for sure. I heard he had problems with the weight cut but he has fought at 185 lots of times in the past without such problems. Who knows what happened? Lets not take anything away from Jake Shields either though.

ufcfan2
04-18-2010, 05:44 PM
He didn't look like himself in there for sure. I heard he had problems with the weight cut but he has fought at 185 lots of times in the past without such problems. Who knows what happened? Lets not take anything away from Jake Shields either though.

They said that last night as well plus something of him having some back problems...Who knows maybe his age just caught upto him and he seemed to be just one dimensional with trying to throw that right hand..
Though I was cheering when he dropped Shields and was hopin' he would finish it...Props to Shields though he looked pretty good besides his lack of standup..

Bobby71
04-18-2010, 06:16 PM
^Plus he had a lay off of what, like 9 months?

TLC
04-19-2010, 12:31 AM
I don't buy the back problem tjhing at all...simply because he was movign so well any other time except when he was on his back...the guy wasn't even trying to do anything most of the time he was down there.

bj44
04-20-2010, 03:54 AM
Same Dan as always... Has anybody actually seen some of the fights he had in pride.. He lost to kaz misaki and should of lost to Ninja rua, he got outwrestled in that fight too.