PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce is a joke.....

Chuck
04-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Well... at least tonight's card was!!!

I thought the card was lame and the "brawl" at the end with Miller and Shields camps just gave MMA a huge black eye on national television!!

Dana is loving this!!!!

cubsfan47
04-18-2010, 03:54 AM
I enjoyed the fights. As far as what happened at the end, well just don't watch Bully Beat Down anymore then.

Dana White probably is behind the whole thing.

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
04-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Dana made sure the Diaz boyz were in there to do something:frantics:.

Maldonado136
04-18-2010, 03:58 AM
yeah dana is really behind diaz acting crazy lmao. anyways like i said in the other thread mma is past the point of having to prove itself it isnt gonna go anywhere and brawls like this are nothing to freak out over. it was the most entertaining part of the show lol. kenny florian sent mayhem a simple tweet that says "lmao" to which i agree. and dana just put a happy face so you guys might be right!!!

logrus
04-18-2010, 04:06 AM
Well... at least tonight's card was!!!

I thought the card was lame and the "brawl" at the end with Miller and Shields camps just gave MMA a huge black eye on national television!!

Dana is loving this!!!!

I doubt Dana is laughing considering his TUF show is a joke. He lies worse then Mcain, Bush, Clinton and Obama combined, and his main fights puts everyone to sleep.

The card was bad, but really you wouldnt think ti would be. The first card the fighters were gased by the second minute of round one, but hey at least King Blow's Gsp style prevailed. I didnt think Aoki would get out gamed today, and I didnt think HEndo would get out wrestled by Jake.

The fight at the end, well thats why you delay events by 10 seconds lol.

donaldbreland
04-18-2010, 04:26 AM
All mayhem wanted was his title shot. shields pushed mayhem first and then his little crew jumped on mayhem. it just shows how mature that camp really is.

MattHughesRocks
04-18-2010, 04:31 AM
and I'm just getting home....does anybody have any links to postg? I'm dying to know what the heck your talking about.It sounds fun!:w00t:

Maldonado136
04-18-2010, 04:36 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/33p926b.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/1687wo4.jpg

im sorry vinny chase ima let you finish, but cesar gracie fight team is the best entourage of all tame!! of all tame!!

MattHughesRocks
04-18-2010, 04:55 AM
Thanks :laugh: So was that real or supposed to be real? It's hard to tell. I think it's funny once in a blue moon but if this turns out to be the norm, it's going to ruin things real quick.

wpnsman2000
04-18-2010, 05:02 AM
[QUOTE=donaldbreland;111762]All mayhem wanted was his title shot. shields pushed mayhem first and then his little crew jumped on mayhem. it just shows how mature that camp really is.[/QUOT

I think the whole card stunk. I thought the King Mo fight was just as planned but the Aoki fight left a lot to be desired; Neither could compete w/ BJ Penn. The Hendo fight looked as fixed as a fight could have...really! Wonder how much money it took to buy Hendo? The most exciting action was the post fight involving Mayhem...though, look at Mayhem's face when he got pushed..he was smiling all the way to the bank....Strike Force deserves to go bankrupt over this BS. If I was Dana I would exploit this to no end....I also would buy out Lawler's, Shields, Mo's, and Mayhem's contracts and end the whole thing...but that is just me...I'm sure a lot of you guys disagree w/ me but either way I feel robbed of a Saturday night...but at least it wasn't ppv!!

timmyja
04-18-2010, 05:07 AM
While everybody is highly critical of champs not finishing fights, how about THREE strikeforce champs not finishing mayhem miller :blink: A four on one melee goes to a decision?

logrus
04-18-2010, 05:20 AM
I don't know, Hendo didn't look like himself. He looked a bit heavier, and he looked a bit stiff. Definitely not the same guy I watched slaughter Bisping. IT seemed he looked a bit hesitant, I was thinking Hendo would work a Couture type fight and muscle Jake on the cage.

Aoki threw about a total of 10 punches, and failed a takedown about 1000 times. An whats with Mario warning the other guy, that was a clean sock to the face lol.

My question is why is the Gracie boys always starting Octagon wars. Diaz vs Noons, and it appears Diaz vs Miller. Seems a bit odd and a failed attempt at a hype train.

MattHughesRocks
04-18-2010, 05:50 AM
:laugh:
While everybody is highly critical of champs not finishing fights, how about THREE strikeforce champs not finishing mayhem miller :blink: A four on one melee goes to a decision?

Maldonado136
04-18-2010, 06:13 AM
btw jake shields threw the very first punch. just putting it out there.

flo
04-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Pretty lame, we were watching UFC 110 half the time...

MMeh
04-18-2010, 06:45 AM
Diaz kicking Miller on the ground was the most technical shot of the evening - pretty stupid spectacle. If that little stunt wasn't planned (who knows, controversy sells, even if it's drummed up) Mayhem Miller was way out of line. If he put as much energy into learning how to stop a takedown as he did talking crap, maybe he wouldn't need to go trolling for re-matches.

sender
04-18-2010, 07:01 AM
seriously what was with the brawl at the end???? feels like elite XC all over again :S not good for strikeforce...

I wana see lawler Sheilds rematch

Tyburn
04-18-2010, 11:55 AM
tut, tut, tut. I dont really know or bother much with Strikeforce. I'm a bit shocked by the outcome of Shields/Henderson...whilst I do like Jake...I didnt think he would win that match.

As for what happened after...there is only one action that could undo such an appualing act. Issue P45s to the lot of them, do it this weekend....and for those who are not employees...ban them from attendance at all future events.

County Mike
04-18-2010, 11:59 AM
That figures. I stayed at my friend's house and watched the fights but as soon as the last one was over, Kelli and I left. I missed the best part. A couple of my friends are complaining that the wrestlers who shoot in for takedown, then just hold their guy down are going to ruin MMA. Too effective and too boring at the same time.

Chuck
04-18-2010, 12:31 PM
I doubt Dana is laughing considering his TUF show is a joke. He lies worse then Mcain, Bush, Clinton and Obama combined, and his main fights puts everyone to sleep.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration on both parts..... :huh:

im sorry vinny chase ima let you finish, but cesar gracie fight team is the best entourage of all tame!! of all tame!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

All mayhem wanted was his title shot. shields pushed mayhem first and then his little crew jumped on mayhem. it just shows how mature that camp really is.
Personally, I can't blame Jake. He just defended his title for the first time by beating a legend and then knucklehead gets in his face during his post fight interview?? I'm cool with what Jake did.

The Hendo fight looked as fixed as a fight could have...really! Wonder how much money it took to buy Hendo?
No offense intended brother but I hate it when people makes comments like this. To imply that you could "pay off" Henderson or any other elite fighter is just silly to me. I could see a judge/ref taking a bribe or even a "b level" fighter but not guys at this level.

Henderson is 39yrs old with a bad back. I think he was hoping/believing that he would KO Jake in the first round so the next 4 didn't really matter. It almost worked too! :wink:

cubsfan47
04-18-2010, 12:34 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sigh. The Diaz brothers have pulled crap like this before. Miller has not exactly been a class act either. What I saw, from several replays, was that Shields pushed Miller away from his face. Then the Diaz brothers et al jumped in. So no, I don't think Shields struck the first blow.

But then a man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest. So maybe I put blinders on myself?

We also haven't heard everything that was said. But does it matter? Really?

Oh yeah, I suggest some of you read Henderson's post fight interview.

As for me, I have both Henderson and Shields tees and will gladly wear both. I have a photo autographed by Dan, and if I can get one signed by Jake I will display them side by side.

timmyja
04-18-2010, 02:53 PM
The Diaz brothers are pissed that Mike Whitehead got caught with their pot plants and took it out on Mayhem.

Vizion
04-18-2010, 02:58 PM
3 title fights, all 3 going to decision.

All three fights had 5 rounds with all but 2 favoring one opponent. Gilbert looked bored with Aoki.

As for the brawl, yea, all Mayhem was doing was speaking. Then he was pushed and then swarmed by attackers.

But he kind of asked for that by pissing on Shield's parade.

Vizion
04-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Strikeforce is not a joke though.

Remember how much MORE ridiculous the UFC was in its infancy.

What got me though, were the announcers...they sounded so unprofessional, especially Frank Shamrock...he was just a tool...acting like a comic book nemesis to Shields DURING the fight was lame beyond belief.

MattHughesRocks
04-18-2010, 03:06 PM

http://www.mmaweekly.com/blog/2010/04/post-fight-melee-ensues-at-end-of.asp

bj44
04-18-2010, 05:58 PM
haha mayhem is the man... He just took on melendez, shields and the diaz bros by himself... which is 3/5 strikeforce champions btw... Hendo has looked old for awhile i like how hes automatically old now just cus he got beat by a strikeforce guy :rolleyes:

flo
04-18-2010, 06:06 PM
A couple of my friends are complaining that the wrestlers who shoot in for takedown, then just hold their guy down are going to ruin MMA. Too effective and too boring at the same time.

Normally, I like the wresting, I'm always mad at the people in the crowd who boo. But Jake Shield's G&P looked ineffective (to downright embarrassing), IMO. The last takedown, I wandered off to do something else.

So I missed the brawl too. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Shields also seemed gassed by the end of the second round.

flo
04-18-2010, 06:09 PM
What got me though, were the announcers...they sounded so unprofessional, especially Frank Shamrock...he was just a tool...acting like a comic book nemesis to Shields DURING the fight was lame beyond belief.

Word.

atomdanger
04-18-2010, 06:13 PM
yeah dana is really behind diaz acting crazy lmao. anyways like i said in the other thread mma is past the point of having to prove itself it isnt gonna go anywhere and brawls like this are nothing to freak out over. it was the most entertaining part of the show lol. kenny florian sent mayhem a simple tweet that says "lmao" to which i agree. and dana just put a happy face so you guys might be right!!!

Oh whatever, crap like this happens in boxing all the time.
Youtube the 10 biggest boxing brawls lol

flo
04-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Well, CBS wasn't too happy with it as they cut away.

MMA is trying to break into "mainstream" tv and when this happens I think people who don't know anything about the sport figure it's just like WWE or Roller Derby.

Just my 2 cents. :laugh:

atomdanger
04-18-2010, 06:18 PM
The fights = lame.

Mo/Mousassi = Mo had the TD's but no other offense at all,
Mousassi had a strong guard and did more damage, but couldn't stop the TD's.

Aoki/Gil = Gilbert didn't want to finish, Aoiki was outmatched on the feet,
and Gil was too nervous about the ground to stay down there too much.
It was too repetitive, TD, punch punch, stand. TD, punch, punch, stand.

Shields / Hendo = I thought the first two rounds were super exciting,
but after that I was just sad.....

The brawl / main event = I don't know what Miller was thinking,
he knew it would start something. Then, I don't know what the entire 209 crew was thinking,
but IMO it was the most entertaining part of the show.

Liddellfan
04-18-2010, 06:47 PM
The more I watch the "brawl" after the main event, the more it seemed staged like a WWE event. It was live tv and CBS could have cut it out and went to advertisments but they didn't, it was cut then right back to it. IMO if they didn't stage it, they would have cut and not come back to it. I was waiting for the steel chair to come over the top of the cage.

Remember, these are a lot of the same people who were doing EliteXC staging fights. Wouldn't surprise me if the entire event was staged and rehearsed several times.
I wounder how Dana liked seeing one of his UFC contracted fighters involved in that.....Anybody think he will get rid of Nate Diaz?

atomdanger
04-18-2010, 07:06 PM
The more I watch the "brawl" after the main event, the more it seemed staged like a WWE event. It was live tv and CBS could have cut it out and went to advertisments but they didn't, it was cut then right back to it. IMO if they didn't stage it, they would have cut and not come back to it. I was waiting for the steel chair to come over the top of the cage.

Remember, these are a lot of the same people who were doing EliteXC staging fights. Wouldn't surprise me if the entire event was staged and rehearsed several times.
I wounder how Dana liked seeing one of his UFC contracted fighters involved in that.....Anybody think he will get rid of Nate Diaz?

He won't.

He didn't after the Noons brawl.
He won't now. At the end of the day it gets people talking,
and I doubt the average mma fan noticed Nate at all.

atomdanger
04-18-2010, 07:08 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/338314/dana-smily-tweet.jpg

J.B.
04-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Glad to see the masses were treated to another "boring" night of MMA.

Only difference being that nobody can get on their high horse and act like a company shareholder over the whopping $50 they spent....

Chuck
04-18-2010, 09:27 PM

Only difference being that nobody can get on their high horse and act like a company shareholder over the whopping $50 they spent....

So I'm assuming you didn't watch the fights then????

Tyburn
04-18-2010, 09:29 PM

Why have you grown such a 'tude recently :huh:

Max
04-18-2010, 10:01 PM

I enjoyed the fights. It would have been nice if one of the fights would have ended in exciting fashion, mostly because it would have given casual fans or those watching for the first time something to talk about, but over all I had fun watching them.

logrus
04-18-2010, 10:10 PM
So I'm assuming you didn't watch the fights then????

He was probably watching Martinez whoop Pavliks ass lol.

I enjoyed the fights. It would have been nice if one of the fights would have ended in exciting fashion, mostly because it would have given casual fans or those watching for the first time something to talk about, but over all I had fun watching them.

The King Mo fight was the worst in my books last night, Melendez was very active the whole fight and shut down Aokis key weapon. and Dan, well that was not my Dan out there lol.

Chuck
04-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Why have you grown such a 'tude recently :huh:

Says the pot to the kettle....... :laugh:

Tyburn
04-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Says the pot to the kettle....... :laugh:

I've always had my 'Tude...its just taken you a while to notice :mellow:

VCURamFan
04-18-2010, 11:50 PM
I don't understand why some of y'all are blaming Mayhem for this whole brawl. He's not the one that started the fight, he just came in to hype a rematch. Matt & MFS didn't throw down when GSP said he wasn't impressed. Mir & his boys didn't throw down when Brock came in after the Nog fight. Rampage & Wolfslair didn't throw down when Rashad jumped in his face after the Jardine fight. Is it a douche move to steal someone's spotlight in an attempt to hype your next fight? Of course it is. Does that mean that anything that goes down afterwards your fault? Of course not! Mayhem's to blame for stealing Shields' thunder. The Cesar Gracie Fight Team is to blame for setting MMA back a decade.

KevinD
04-18-2010, 11:56 PM
^^ exactly....totally agree.

donaldbreland
04-19-2010, 12:12 AM
I don't understand why some of y'all are blaming Mayhem for this whole brawl. He's not the one that started the fight, he just came in to hype a rematch. Matt & MFS didn't throw down when GSP said he wasn't impressed. Mir & his boys didn't throw down when Brock came in after the Nog fight. Rampage & Wolfslair didn't throw down when Rashad jumped in his face after the Jardine fight. Is it a douche move to steal someone's spotlight in an attempt to hype your next fight? Of course it is. Does that mean that anything that goes down afterwards your fault? Of course not! Mayhem's to blame for stealing Shields' thunder. The Cesar Gracie Fight Team is to blame for setting MMA back a decade.

If you don't agree with this then you are either blind or truly didn't watch the fight and talking straight up out of your behinds trying to bring on arguments. Well said VCU

J.B.
04-19-2010, 12:36 AM
1. Yes Chuck, I did watch the fights with a small group of people and nobody left saying they were disappointed with the card.

2. Dave, it's not that I have any more of a "tude" than I ever have, you just happen to be on the other side of this ongoing debate I have been in about fans getting riled up over "boring" fights. I personally find it funny how often people get miffed about spending money on the fights, but when they get it for free they still don't seem to appreciate it.

3. Yes Logrus, Martinez did whoop Pavlik's ass but I didn't get a chance to see it yet. From what I have read, it was a great fight.

4. I think that it was a letdown in terms of what Strikeforce would have liked to see happen, but I wouldn't say it was lame or a joke. The fact still remains that we got to watch a night of fights that included Dan Henderson vs Jake Sheilds on free network television. I thought the fights were alright, obviously not the best we have seen, but it's truly sad that all it would have taken was one or two big KO's or TKO's and today people would be in love with Strikeforce.

flo
04-19-2010, 12:47 AM
JB, I kept trying to jump on my high horse but it was too tall. I had to get steps.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8283/highhorsee.jpg

:wink:

flo
04-19-2010, 12:51 AM
I thought the fights were alright, obviously not the best we have seen, but it's truly sad that all it would have taken was one or two big KO's or TKO's and today people would be in love with Strikeforce.

I agree with you. I bitched about them but I was glad to get them for free. But I WAS very disappointed that Dan couldn't finish Shields, Dan's the man.

J.B.
04-19-2010, 01:03 AM
JB, I kept trying to jump on my high horse but it was too tall. I had to get steps.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8283/highhorsee.jpg

:wink:

rearnakedchoke
04-19-2010, 01:49 AM
fights were decent ... brawl was funny ... mayhem is jokes ... this happens in all sports all the time ... wounldn't worry about it ...

donaldbreland
04-19-2010, 02:48 AM
I for one don't like watching fights just for big knockouts by guys getting their butts handed to them for 3 full rounds. I also like a good technical fight. You couldn't ask for a better performance from Shields. He did what he had to do to win. I for one don't fight to lose and I am not going to go out there and just let it all hang out. People who do that become very old quick. Matt Hughes does the same thing. He fights his fight and does what he has to do to win. If the time is right he will finish the fight. He wins rounds and he knows that if he goes to a decision that he will win. That is why Matt is my favorite fighter. That's why he will become a great coach after his fighting days are over. Matt is very technical and is a true inspiration for up and coming fighters.

I think Melendez fight was actually pretty entertaining. I'm glad he won because Aoki was trying to make this a Japan vs USA JJ match. USA won so I am proud.

Now for King Mo. I don't even know what to say about this fight. I actually think that G.M was winning from the bottom. Seems like he hit him with everything he could from there. Mo was really just laying and wasn't doing very much damage. If anything the fight should have went to a draw, but I am probably speaking on the fact that I do not like King Mo either.

I have said this once and I will say it again. I don't think Mayhem was trying to disrespect Shields at all. I think Mayhem thought that they were cool and that Shields would be ready to hype up this fight. Instead he got jumped by a bunch of no good thugs. Mayhem had Shield on his bully beat down show so I think that he thought that this would never happen. I don't think it was staged at all but Shields and his thugs should have been more respectful and let Mayhem say what he had to do and if he made himself look stupid then that would have been Mayhems butt. I don't think Mayhem was coming in there to fight Shields or hurt him in any way. I mean he might have even congratulated Shields if given a little more time.

Vizion
04-19-2010, 03:24 AM
I have said this once and I will say it again. I don't think Mayhem was trying to disrespect Shields at all. I think Mayhem thought that they were cool and that Shields would be ready to hype up this fight. Instead he got jumped by a bunch of no good thugs. Mayhem had Shield on his bully beat down show so I think that he thought that this would never happen. I don't think it was staged at all but Shields and his thugs should have been more respectful and let Mayhem say what he had to do and if he made himself look stupid then that would have been Mayhems butt. I don't think Mayhem was coming in there to fight Shields or hurt him in any way. I mean he might have even congratulated Shields if given a little more time.I agree that Mayhem didn't enter the ring to start a fight...but he started with an awkward question "when am I gonna get a rematch buddy" which was grossly inappropriate and rude to ask cutting him off from the interview. first Shields tapped him in a "back off" sort of way, then Gilbert came in barking at Mayhem, then Shields PUSHED Mayhem, then the brawl broke out.

You characterize Gilbert et al as thugs...I think they were not thugs, but more like buds just looking out for their home slice.

donaldbreland
04-19-2010, 03:32 AM
I agree that Mayhem didn't enter the ring to start a fight...but he started with an awkward question "when am I gonna get a rematch buddy" which was grossly inappropriate and rude to ask cutting him off from the interview. first Shields tapped him in a "back off" sort of way, then Gilbert came in barking at Mayhem, then Shields PUSHED Mayhem, then the brawl broke out.

You characterize Gilbert et al as thugs...I think they were not thugs, but more like buds just looking out for their home slice.

I think that's exactly what makes them thugs. You only defend your people when they are threatened. Mayhem was never going to hurt Shields in any way. I do characterize them as thugs because at this level you're supposed to be professionals. Professionals don't do what happened Saturday night. Thugs do.

atomdanger
04-19-2010, 06:53 AM

The company setting up a "face off" after a fight, and AFTER an interview,
is not what happened at SF.

County Mike
04-19-2010, 11:16 AM
For attracting fans, that brawl was probably a positive thing.

Have you ever seen people walk out of a hockey game because a fight breaks out? In every sport, if a fight breaks out, the fans get on their feet and struggle to see it better. People love fights. Anyone who thinks this will turn viewers away is crazy.

Even at the fights, people want to see more fights. Especially the unscheduled ones.

donaldbreland
04-19-2010, 11:37 AM
For attracting fans, that brawl was probably a positive thing.

Have you ever seen people walk out of a hockey game because a fight breaks out? In every sport, if a fight breaks out, the fans get on their feet and struggle to see it better. People love fights. Anyone who thinks this will turn viewers away is crazy.

Even at the fights, people want to see more fights. Especially the unscheduled ones.

I enjoyed it so i agree.

VCURamFan
04-19-2010, 01:00 PM
The company setting up a "face off" after a fight, and AFTER an interview,
is not what happened at SF.
I know, but you still can't blame Mayhem for other people's actions, that's just asinine. It's like blaming a domestic assault victim for getting punched in the face because by saying "Well sure her boyfriend over reacted, but seriously , if she hadn't burnt dinner, this never would have happened." Just because the burning of the dinner was what set the boyfriend off doesn't make it her fault for being assaulted: HE chose the break the law because HE doesn't know how to maturely deal with HIS emotions. The exact same thing happened here. Whether Mayhem ran in on his own or SF sent him in there, all he was doing was talking (read: burning dinner). Then the Cesar Gracie Fight Team was unable to maturely handle their emotions & lashed out (read: beat their girlfriend). No matter which way you tried to spin this, the blame must land on the CGFT for the brawl, no Mayhem.

Spiritwalker
04-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Strikeforce is not a joke though.

Remember how much MORE ridiculous the UFC was in its infancy.

Glad I am not the only one that was thinking almost the same thing.

KevinD
04-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Glad I am not the only one that was thinking almost the same thing.

I, and everyone in the room I was watching with were shaking our heads with the three announcers. Gus Johnson is just bad. There is no other word for it. Its very hard to listen to him try and sound excited. Renallo is Mr. Cliche. I swear he spends hours before the fight trying to think of these stupid little sayings. Annoying is an understaement. Frank Shamrock totally blinded me with his smile and all those braces. Nobody loves Frank more than Frank.

In contrast I really like Joe Roagan and Goldy. The UFC's production of an event is far superior as well.

atomdanger
04-20-2010, 04:34 AM
I know, but you still can't blame Mayhem for other people's actions, that's just asinine. It's like blaming a domestic assault victim for getting punched in the face because by saying "Well sure her boyfriend over reacted, but seriously , if she hadn't burnt dinner, this never would have happened." Just because the burning of the dinner was what set the boyfriend off doesn't make it her fault for being assaulted: HE chose the break the law because HE doesn't know how to maturely deal with HIS emotions. The exact same thing happened here. Whether Mayhem ran in on his own or SF sent him in there, all he was doing was talking (read: burning dinner). Then the Cesar Gracie Fight Team was unable to maturely handle their emotions & lashed out (read: beat their girlfriend). No matter which way you tried to spin this, the blame must land on the CGFT for the brawl, no Mayhem.

Well I wouldn't compare mayhem to a battered wife,
and you're right you cannot blame him, but he is a smart guy,
and he KNEW he was going to go in there with Nick and Nate and Gil in there and piss them off. Do you tease a dog then get mad when it bites you?

The blame is mutual, Miller entered the cage, Miller interrupted an interview, Gil shoved him, Miller chose to shove back, somebody threw a punch, etc...

J.B.
04-20-2010, 04:43 AM
I thought the brawl was ridiculous yet entertaining, and who else but the Diaz brothers to come in and deliver the goods? :laugh:

It doesn't "set the sport back" in my opinion. I think it will just be used as hype to set up another fight and draw in attention. It is what it is.

cubsfan47
04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
I thought the brawl was ridiculous yet entertaining, and who else but the Diaz brothers to come in and deliver the goods? :laugh:

It doesn't "set the sport back" in my opinion. I think it will just be used as hype to set up another fight and draw in attention. It is what it is.

Bingo. Since these "live" broadcasts always have a delay built into them, for bleeping profanity and such, the folks at Master Control could have cut away from the brawl at the moment it started but did not. Smacks of WWE hype to me. Embarrassment no, opportunity yes.

atomdanger
04-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Bingo. Since these "live" broadcasts always have a delay built into them, for bleeping profanity and such, the folks at Master Control could have cut away from the brawl at the moment it started but did not. Smacks of WWE hype to me. Embarrassment no, opportunity yes.

Exactly, not to mention the west coast wasn't live, and they showed the brawl anyway.

They love this stuff.

Neezar
04-22-2010, 01:06 AM
Bangstry!