PDA

View Full Version : Huerta physically abused by mother as a kid

Tyburn
04-15-2010, 08:49 PM
:mellow: He was abandoned at 12 years old :unsure-1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r16IbSllFRM

TexasRN
04-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah, he has a great story about how he was adopted and cared for by his high school English teacher though. He had it rough as a kid. Poor little guy. Of course he's all grown up and now and has a great story to tell the ladies.

~Amy

flo
04-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Yes, what a story. I saw this last week when it was originally aired (never heard of Bellator before).

His upbringing was awful yet he rose above it and has excelled while others in the same position spiral down into self-destruction or worse. Roger got choked up while talking about his teacher.

He must have some real strength of character and his teacher is simply wonderful.

BamaGrits84
04-15-2010, 09:58 PM
haven't watched the video yet. but after a fighter a couple of years ago he plugged this charity he started for what kids that were in the sistuation he was in growing up. he didn't elaborate but i figured he had a rough childhood. and can i just say good for him for not being a victim of his circumstances!

Chuck
04-15-2010, 10:37 PM
That is a sad story to be sure...

but I can't help but wonder.... is this the new Jens??? :unsure-1:

Tyburn
04-15-2010, 10:45 PM
.... is this the new Jens??? :unsure-1:

No...its just your ignorance over the fact that a good majority of fighters come from broken homes and damaged youths...and as I hear about them, I announce them because I believe they should be heard.

Chuck
04-15-2010, 10:56 PM
No...its just your ignorance over the fact that a good majority of fighters come from broken homes and damaged youths...and as I hear about them, I announce them because I believe they should be heard.

A good majority of fighters come from broken homes and damaged youths??

1. What's your point?
2. Who cares?
3. Prove it. Cite your source.

I don't really care if you announce it or not.. it's a free country... well mine is anyway. I just made a comment...

TexasRN
04-16-2010, 12:17 AM
Huerta's hot. Isn't that what matters? :Whistle:

~Amy

flo
04-16-2010, 02:43 AM
Huerta's hot. Isn't that what matters? :Whistle:

~Amy
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes.

MattHughesRocks
04-16-2010, 04:27 AM
Dave, get with the program...this was outted a couple of years ago.Who grows up in a happy/healthy house hold anyway? Give the kid a gumball :laugh:

mscomc
04-16-2010, 04:45 AM
A good majority of fighters come from broken homes and damaged youths??

1. What's your point?
2. Who cares?
3. Prove it. Cite your source.

I don't really care if you announce it or not.. it's a free country... well mine is anyway. I just made a comment...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Zing!!!!

Tyburn
04-16-2010, 12:31 PM
I just made a comment...

No you didnt just make a comment. Do not insult my intelligence Chuck.

Tyburn
04-16-2010, 12:32 PM

dont encourage him to behave badly. :mellow:

Spiritwalker
04-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Dave, get with the program...this was outted a couple of years ago.Who grows up in a happy/healthy house hold anyway? Give the kid a gumball :laugh:

Dave seems to like people that have harsh upbringings.. it's kinda weird..

If they have a bad upbringing and "rise above".. he grants them much praise.. when in truth, people that have such harsh lives really don't want that kind of attention

If they do not "rise above"... they are "not nice".. but these people normally wear their history on their sleeve

Kinda like a voyeuristic sadist... :)

Or maybe just highly empathetic.. to the "danger" side of empathy.

Just call me Dr. Spiritwalker :)

Chuck
04-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Dave seems to like people that have harsh upbringings.. it's kinda weird..

If they have a bad upbringing and "rise above".. he grants them much praise.. when in truth, people that have such harsh lives really don't want that kind of attention

If they do not "rise above"... they are "not nice".. but these people normally wear their history on their sleeve

Kinda like a voyeuristic sadist... :)

Or maybe just highly empathetic.. to the "danger" side of empathy.

Perhaps your best post eva!!!!

Chuck
04-16-2010, 02:13 PM

dont encourage him to behave badly. :mellow:

It's important to note here that "behaving badly" is basically saying anything that could ever potentially hurt the feelings of some person or fighter Dave cares about should they ever venture on here. :wink:

It's ironic though... the number of people's feelings Dave will risk hurting as he berates them not to hurt others. :huh:

Tyburn
04-16-2010, 06:06 PM
1) Dave seems to like people that have harsh upbringings.. it's kinda weird..

If they have a bad upbringing and "rise above".. he grants them much praise..

2) when in truth, people that have such harsh lives really don't want that kind of attention

3) If they do not "rise above"... they are "not nice".. but these people normally wear their history on their sleeve

4) Kinda like a voyeuristic sadist... :)

5) Or maybe just highly empathetic.. to the "danger" side of empathy.

1) I have admiration for people who were hurt or abused and they still go on to make something of themselves. I think that is Highly commendable and deserves to be noted. So many people are blessed with tallents and gifts and sit on their hands the whole time doing nothing. I admire people who start without that...who have a deficit but STILL manage to accomplish great things

2) They want recognition...they dont want Pity...but I rarely pity anybody :laugh: Where I come from, and the places I've been educated and worked for, outstanding achievement or effort has always been noticed and celebrated.

3) :huh: you have no idea how I view people like that. :ninja:

4) :laugh: thats about the only thing ive never been accused of before. You dont know me, if you think i'm even slightly Sadistic :blink:

5) there is things about me that you dont know.

County Mike
04-16-2010, 06:11 PM
I also come from a broken home. :cry:

Plumbing leak.

Tyburn
04-16-2010, 06:13 PM
I also come from a broken home. :cry:

Plumbing leak.

:laugh::laugh:

Spiritwalker
04-16-2010, 06:15 PM
1) I have admiration for people who were hurt or abused and they still go on to make something of themselves. I think that is Highly commendable and deserves to be noted. So many people are blessed with tallents and gifts and sit on their hands the whole time doing nothing. I admire people who start without that...who have a deficit but STILL manage to accomplish great things

And that is where you are making the classic error.

2) They want recognition...they dont want Pity...but I rarely pity anybody :laugh: Where I come from, and the places I've been educated and worked for, outstanding achievement or effort has always been noticed and celebrated.

Outstanding achievement should always be noticed. Just cause "you" came from a broken home or such.. doesn't mean you "deserve" anything more or less... and most keep the "bad stuff" away from the surface.

3) :huh: you have no idea how I view people like that. :ninja:

Sure I do. Having read your posts for several years about some people and certain fighters.. sure I do.

4) :laugh: thats about the only thing ive never been accused of before. You dont know me, if you think i'm even slightly Sadistic :blink:

I was trying to be nice..

5) there is things about me that you dont know.

QFT! And let's keep it that way.

Tyburn
04-16-2010, 06:20 PM
And that is where you are making the classic error.

I am making no error. There are things that some children should never experience, which psychologically can and does do damage.

Outstanding achievement should always be noticed. Just cause "you" came from a broken home or such.. doesn't mean you "deserve" anything more or less... and most keep the "bad stuff" away from the surface.

I dissagree.

Sure I do. Having read your posts for several years about some people and certain fighters.. sure I do.

No actually, you dont. You make some very large assumptions.

I was trying to be nice..

Pull the other one.

QFT! And let's keep it that way.
returns

Spiritwalker
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
returns

Of course there are something that childern should never have to see or go through.. but as adults, they rarely feel the need to be congradulated on surviving "what was normal for them".

I dissagree.

That's cool.. your still wrong.. but you are free to be wrong.

No actually, you dont. You make some very large assumptions.

So all the posts that I have read about poor ol Jens.. (because he is who you speak about most).. and all the other bad things that happen to good people.. you post about.. you don't feel bad about?? and then you don't feel good about feeling bad... And then you don't have the magnanimous feeling because you run through those emotions??

You thrive on other peoples historic suffering and current hardships.. (as long as you view it as some form of suffering).. or at the very least.. getting on your soap box to talk about other peoples .. and that makes you feel good, acknowleding and proclaiming their "rise from the gutter".

Pull the other one.

I can easily be very nice to you Dave, but you are always so high minded and better than most.. (especially when you really aren't).

Your posts in the past have made me laugh out loud.. and have made me think... But after a few posts to a thread, it becomes about You, and what you know, and what you know of other people... And how right you are as opposed to others.

I have tried to be subtle in bringing this to your attention in the past.. and I have been blunt.. and I have been "mean".. now I am trying to be clinical.. I am offering you advise in what I (and I am CERTAIN... many others) see in you as a "flaw".. or an area to work on.

I am as blunt as a brick in the face in most areas.. it saves time, and prevents people from beliving what they want to belive about me if it is not the case (personal history causes that). That may not be the best way to be according to some.. but the people I am close to.. KNOW that I am unfailing loyal.. to the point of self determent.. but I also know that they return what is given.

You have accused me of being "mean", rude, and such.. if you weren't so self centered, and love pity so much.. you might have seen something else also.

But hey.. I "could" be completely wrong.....

Maybe at heart I am just an @22 and I hate the British

EDIT - And Condescending... I forgot condescending

Tyburn
04-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Of course there are something that childern should never have to see or go through.. but as adults, they rarely feel the need to be congradulated on surviving "what was normal for them".

It shouldnt have to be normal, and others suffering the same should hear and learn that there is more to life then being abused

That's cool.. your still wrong.. but you are free to be wrong.

I just have a different opinion. Thats all.

So all the posts that I have read about poor ol Jens.. (because he is who you speak about most).. and all the other bad things that happen to good people.. you post about.. you don't feel bad about?? and then you don't feel good about feeling bad... And then you don't have the magnanimous feeling because you run through those emotions??

Jens is quite different...with me he's an exception to almost every rule. My feelings about Jens started before I even knew he had come from a broken home. I didnt discover that til I read his biography....but you werent around on this forum when I first appeared, and first started mentioning Jens.

You thrive on other peoples historic suffering and current hardships.. (as long as you view it as some form of suffering).. or at the very least.. getting on your soap box to talk about other peoples .. and that makes you feel good, acknowleding and proclaiming their "rise from the gutter".

I dont actually understand what your saying, nor how this relates to the topic

I can easily be very nice to you Dave, but you are always so high minded and better than most.. (especially when you really aren't).

You have difficulties in interpretation of what I say sometimes, because you dont read what I say, and dont actually realize where I'm coming from. Tone is very difficult online, I suspect you read a force into my writings which arent infact there.

Your posts in the past have made me laugh out loud.. and have made me think... But after a few posts to a thread, it becomes about You, and what you know, and what you know of other people... And how right you are as opposed to others.

Everyone writes from their own perspective

I have tried to be subtle in bringing this to your attention in the past.. and I have been blunt.. and I have been "mean".. now I am trying to be clinical.. I am offering you advise in what I (and I am CERTAIN... many others) see in you as a "flaw".. or an area to work on.

are you mocking me, or do you really believe that I would consider you care at all about my Character or its growth. You call me out because I'm seen as some sort of target to overtake in meaningless arguments. Your not the only one. Its actually sad point scoring, and why? because you think anyone would really care in a battle of wits who would win? If your name aint Andreas, then I can tell you, I certainly dont care.

I am as blunt as a brick in the face in most areas.. it saves time, and prevents people from beliving what they want to belive about me if it is not the case (personal history causes that). That may not be the best way to be according to some.. but the people I am close to.. KNOW that I am unfailing loyal.. to the point of self determent.. but I also know that they return what is given.

I dont care about you, your past history, what you do, or what you say. If I did, I would have enquired. What is this, play on Loyalty because you know its a Virtue I hold dear :huh:

You have accused me of being "mean", rude, and such.. if you weren't so self centered, and love pity so much.. you might have seen something else also.

Oh Poor Spiritwalker, has he been misjudged by the evil Tyburn. Oh Shouldnt we all cry for how much work Spiritwalker has thankessly put into trying to help Tyburn develope in character. Poor Victim and Poor Martyr.

But hey.. I "could" be completely wrong.....

Maybe at heart I am just an @22 and I hate the British

EDIT - And Condescending... I forgot condescending
You seem to think that I actually care. What are you trying to do, tempting me to get to know you, in the hopes I might like you or something. What...you need a Tyburn stamp of approval or something.

Spiritwalker
04-16-2010, 08:28 PM
You seem to think that I actually care.

I know you care..

What are you trying to do, tempting me to get to know you, in the hopes I might like you or something. What...you need a Tyburn stamp of approval or something.

Not at all. Your the one that focres your self on everyone with your video blogs and your book long posts and "how educated" you are.. smart and wordly.. insightful and sensitive..

I was just taking the same steps that other have tried many times, but being a bit more bold.

so be it.. I tried. Not anymore. Enjoy your ignorance.

Tyburn
04-16-2010, 08:32 PM
I know you care..

See thats where your wrong.

Not at all. Your the one that focres your self on everyone with your video blogs and your book long posts and "how educated" you are.. smart and wordly.. insightful and sensitive..

I do video blogs for the fun of it. I dont force them onto anyone. I address each topic as I feel the need...because this is a Forum...what else are you supposed to do?

I was just taking the same steps that other have tried many times, but being a bit more bold.

so be it.. I tried. Not anymore. Enjoy your ignorance.
returns

Blade
04-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Tyburn, this guy has a cartoon tiger drawn on him, don't take him too seriously.

Tyburn
04-16-2010, 09:13 PM
:laugh: Fear not Blade...I wont ask how you know that tidbit btw :tongue0011:Tyburn, this guy has a cartoon tiger drawn on him, don't take him too seriously.

Chuck
04-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Tyburn, this guy has a cartoon tiger drawn on him, don't take him too seriously.

Wow.. you defending Dave..... makes me think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thMm-7RFsm0

Spiritwalker
04-17-2010, 04:17 AM

"cartoon"????

Do some research on tigers and their symbolism. Specifically within the martial arts... I have plans to have the crane done next.