PDA

View Full Version : Court Martial for Army Officer who doubts Obama Nationality

Tyburn
04-15-2010, 05:35 PM
:blink: Is this basically a Treason charge...although they wont say that...its what it is isnt it? :huh:

The Army will court martial a lieutenant colonel who refuses to deploy to Afghanistan because he won't accept orders from President Obama, whom he considers unqualified to be commander in chief, military officials said Wednesday.

Army doctor Lt. Col. Terry Lakin believes Obama wasn't born in the United States, and therefore does not meet the constitutional requirements to be president, NBC News reported.

Lakin refused to report to Fort Campbell, Ky., for deployment to Afghanistan, and instead showed up at the Pentagon, where he was informed that he would face court martial. His Pentagon building pass and government laptop computer were seized.

The 18-year Army veteran is under investigation for failure to report for deployment and for conduct unbecoming an officer, The Associated Press reported.

Larkin is a "birther," a person who believes Obama is not native-born and therefore is ineligible to be president. Hawaii officials have repeatedly issued statements that Obama was born in the state and that the Health Department holds a copy of his original birth certificate

Play The Man
04-15-2010, 08:43 PM
:blink: Is this basically a Treason charge...although they wont say that...its what it is isnt it? :huh:

The Army will court martial a lieutenant colonel who refuses to deploy to Afghanistan because he won't accept orders from President Obama, whom he considers unqualified to be commander in chief, military officials said Wednesday.

Army doctor Lt. Col. Terry Lakin believes Obama wasn't born in the United States, and therefore does not meet the constitutional requirements to be president, NBC News reported.

Lakin refused to report to Fort Campbell, Ky., for deployment to Afghanistan, and instead showed up at the Pentagon, where he was informed that he would face court martial. His Pentagon building pass and government laptop computer were seized.

The 18-year Army veteran is under investigation for failure to report for deployment and for conduct unbecoming an officer, The Associated Press reported.

Larkin is a "birther," a person who believes Obama is not native-born and therefore is ineligible to be president. Hawaii officials have repeatedly issued statements that Obama was born in the state and that the Health Department holds a copy of his original birth certificate

No, I don't think that constitutes treason. He should be court-martialed, however. You can't pick-and-choose what military orders you will follow based upon the president in the White House. It reminds me of Lt. Watada refusing to be deployed because supposedly President Bush was fighting an illegal war.

rockdawg21
04-16-2010, 03:06 AM
I respect that he is that staunch in his belief, however, Obama is the Commander-In-Chief; orders are orders.

Neezar
04-16-2010, 04:50 AM
They will hang him in Times Square.

donaldbreland
04-16-2010, 05:18 AM
Then a War will break out.

Tyburn
04-16-2010, 12:24 PM
No, I don't think that constitutes treason. He should be court-martialed, however. You can't pick-and-choose what military orders you will follow based upon the president in the White House. It reminds me of Lt. Watada refusing to be deployed because supposedly President Bush was fighting an illegal war.

An Army Officer says the President has no validity in office based on birthwright...and you dont think that constitutes Treason :blink::huh: Mutiny is Treacherous more often then not.

Tyburn
04-16-2010, 12:24 PM
They will hang him in Times Square.

:w00t: you could introduce your very own Tyburn Tree :laugh:

rockdawg21
04-17-2010, 01:48 PM
An Army Officer says the President has no validity in office based on birthwright...and you dont think that constitutes Treason :blink::huh: Mutiny is Treacherous more often then not.
Technically you're correct that it's treason, we just don't care.

Tyburn
04-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Technically you're correct that it's treason, we just don't care.

:laugh: in England you can still...in theory...get hanged for High Treason. (specifically, against the Monarch) So I take a very dour view of someone like this guy who would do that to his Head of State. The other alternative of course is to be able to convict Obama of Treason against the United States...for which you would need to have irrifutable and extensive proof that the guy is not born American.