PDA

View Full Version : Tour of USA... Bought and Paid for!

Jonlion
01-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Right ok, i did it!

Return London-Dallas, leave June the 17th and come home 31st of August, so a good two and half months in America.

So far, i met my Girlfriend in Dallas, go on a trip to Tennessee i believe whilst also soaking up a bit of Texas, shooting range, mudding, dancing etc, there is a wedding for me to attend as well, it seems as if a lot of people marry young in Texas!

Then 4 of my friends from England come over to New York, meet me in Dallas and do 4 days there, with my girlfriend showing us about, then fly to L.A, stay there for a few days, then to Vegas. They go home and i fly back to Texas for the 13th.

Then i have just under two months. There may be a Canada trip, toronto to Vancouver, and im going to go West first, Arizona, California etc, gonna head ot Colorado and see the Rockies.

Then its to go east and Alabama, Georgia. Then the last leg will culminate in Chigago, NY, Boston, Washington D.C before coming back to Texas for a few days.

This is a sketch but i will start feeling out the days and will endevour to see some of you, whoever is down, ill try and weave it alll in. Would love to go to Hillsborough, just need to work on the logistics of that! I'll do some work on a farm for a bit if anyone wants!!!!

Point being, it is all coming together, and them flights are not refundable so i am coming!

So will keep you posted!

mikthehick
01-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Not to volunteer anyone, but me, Brian13, and VCU Ben prob will meet up with ya when you come to VA :)

Moose
01-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Sounds good. When it comes closer to time hit me up with a PM and we'll meet up in Chicago, along with anyone else up for an adventure. There's a lot of neat stuff to do there, and good food.

kyle
01-23-2009, 03:54 AM
Sounds like you got it pretty well planned out, when you come to Colorado look me up I know some nice places out here.

Moose
01-23-2009, 03:59 AM
Sounds like you got it pretty well planned out, when you come to Colorado look me up I know some nice places out here.

South Park is a personal fave.

VCURamFan
01-23-2009, 04:37 AM
Not to volunteer anyone, but me, Brian13, and VCU Ben prob will meet up with ya when you come to VA :)Heck yeah! I love meeting the forum peeps!

Jonlion
01-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Hey, fantastic, once i start getting things in place, i shall let you know but would be good to meet as many people as possible.

Now i have the flight dates, i can now structure it and figure out where i am going to be and at what time!

I'll have to keep a close eye on UFC events as well, to try and get too!

Spiritwalker
01-23-2009, 11:21 AM
If you stray in to North Carolina drop me a line...

Llamafighter
01-23-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm totally down for hanging out in NYC. I'll give you my 1 day walking tour of the ENTIRE CITY!!! Seriously, you give me a list of what you want to see and I'll map it out and take ya!
Maybe we can talk CRisCO into coming into the city!

mikthehick
01-23-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm totally down for hanging out in NYC. I'll give you my 1 day walking tour of the ENTIRE CITY!!! Seriously, you give me a list of what you want to see and I'll map it out and take ya!
Maybe we can talk CRisCO into coming into the city!

Holy jeeze, I still haven't been to NYC..hmmmm:unsure-1:

Crisco
01-23-2009, 12:56 PM
I hate your city but I will come for jonlion just because he is uber cool.

Jonlion
01-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Well i do hope to go North or South Carolina, not 100% why but i would like to see Dixie country!

I have a huge American guide book to get me up to speed on these things!

And yeah i will be definetly coming to New York and i should have my girlfriend to show me about but would still like to meet up and see the less touristy parts of NYC, and all meet for lunch/dinner, a drink or whatever. Would be great!

Moose
01-23-2009, 02:52 PM
And yeah i will be definetly coming to New York and i should have my girlfriend to show me about but would still like to meet up and see the less touristy parts of NYC, and all meet for lunch/dinner, a drink or whatever. Would be great!

The Borough of Queens awaits you!

Crisco
01-23-2009, 03:36 PM
The Borough of Queens awaits you!

LOL.

Stay out of Brooklyn and the S. Bronx and you'll be alrgiht jon

Jonlion
01-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Ha ha i like to think being from London, i have some perception and ideas of places to stay away from but you never know!!!!

I have no idea how New York has changed since i last went and what places are to be wary of.

And Moose, when i head to Chigago, it would be great to look you up!

Llamafighter
01-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Ha ha i like to think being from London, i have some perception and ideas of places to stay away from but you never know!!!!

I have no idea how New York has changed since i last went and what places are to be wary of.

And Moose, when i head to Chigago, it would be great to look you up!

We can do dinner or lunch at some of my spots in Queens if you like. there are also some great museums out in my neighborhood. Drinks will definitely be involved! I look forward to it!

Llamafighter
01-23-2009, 05:14 PM
LOL.

Stay out of Brooklyn and the S. Bronx and you'll be alrgiht jon

There are definitely cool spots in Brooklyn, but yeah, the S. Bronx is sketchy.

Sugar Shane
01-23-2009, 07:01 PM
I am in northern Illinois, when you are in Chi-town, maybe I will be able to come see you too.

Crisco
01-23-2009, 07:18 PM
There are definitely cool spots in Brooklyn, but yeah, the S. Bronx is sketchy.

SHapping up to be a nice trip I turn 21 in may so It's right on time =P

Tyburn
01-23-2009, 07:26 PM
:) Sorry too early for me. It will be September Earliest before I go on my Second States Tour...I'm not going for anywhere NEAR the time you are...how on earth do you afford to go out for so long?? I'm hoping for three weeks maximum.

Perhaps we'll meet next time i'm in London, I did try to meet you for UFC85 :Whistle: :laugh:

Incase anyone wants to know, I am covering Washington DC, Vaginia, Illinois, Iowa, New York, and New Jersey...so if you want to see me, let me know :ninja:

mikthehick
01-23-2009, 07:33 PM
SHapping up to be a nice trip I turn 21 in may so It's right on time =P

Wait til ya turn 25, THEN you can rent a car! :w00t:

--well, it's cheaper anyway....i wonder what birthday i'll look forward to now, probably 40 :laugh:

Llamafighter
01-23-2009, 07:34 PM

--well, it's cheaper anyway....i wonder what birthday i'll look forward to now, probably 40 :laugh:

30's have been pretty good to me:)

Jonlion
01-23-2009, 07:45 PM

You can rent a car if you 23 right and from the uk!?

kyle
01-23-2009, 07:49 PM
South Park is a personal fave.

Have you ever been there? The town is actually taken after Fairplay Colorado witch is in south park county It's a very nice small mountain town in the Rockies.

Jonlion
01-23-2009, 07:49 PM
:) Sorry too early for me. It will be September Earliest before I go on my Second States Tour...I'm not going for anywhere NEAR the time you are...how on earth do you afford to go out for so long?? I'm hoping for three weeks maximum.

Perhaps we'll meet next time i'm in London, I did try to meet you for UFC85 :Whistle: :laugh:

Incase anyone wants to know, I am covering Washington DC, Vaginia, Illinois, Iowa, New York, and New Jersey...so if you want to see me, let me know :ninja:

Well i stay at home for uni, but asked for maintaince payments, so i got this interest free loan, that i saved up in an ISA, for me to travel with when i graduate.

Also, because i worked full time before going back to uni, i get paid pretty good for my 2 days i do at work, which is still more than most of them lazy students do!

Neezar
01-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Right ok, i did it!

Return London-Dallas, leave June the 17th and come home 31st of August, so a good two and half months in America.

Then its to go east and Alabama, Georgia. Then the last leg will culminate in Chigago, NY, Boston, Washington D.C before coming back to Texas for a few days.

This is a sketch but i will start feeling out the days and will endevour to see some of you, whoever is down, ill try and weave it alll in. Would love to go to Hillsborough, just need to work on the logistics of that! I'll do some work on a farm for a bit if anyone wants!!!!

Point being, it is all coming together, and them flights are not refundable so i am coming!

So will keep you posted!

Call me when you get in my area. :)

Tyburn
01-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Call me when you get in my area. :)
:laugh: she says that now... :ninja:

Neezar
01-23-2009, 11:34 PM
:laugh: she says that now... :ninja:

Yeah, he is welcome to call me now, too, if he wants. :)

Tyburn
01-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah, he is welcome to call me now, too, if he wants. :)
:laugh: Now THAT I reccomend. Jon you must ring her...and listen to her...and at the end of your conversation you MUST say Baaaaaaaaaaah to her :laugh:

I'm only messing with you Denise :ashamed:

Primadawn
01-24-2009, 02:34 PM

Dave, it's VIRGINIA--you made it look like vagina! :laugh:

Hello? Dr. Freud?

Tyburn
01-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Dave, it's VIRGINIA--you made it look like vagina! :laugh:

Hello? Dr. Freud?
:blink: :sick:

How embarissing :ashamed:

Primadawn
01-24-2009, 02:59 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ahhh..gave me a nice Saturday morning chuckle Dave!

Tyburn
01-25-2009, 11:21 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ahhh..gave me a nice Saturday morning chuckle Dave!
well at least it was good for something :wacko:

VCURamFan
01-26-2009, 03:02 AM
well at least it was good for something :wacko:I was not assumed.:punch: