PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Matt !!

Mac
04-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Helluva Job Buddy. I gotta say , the last half of the third round was about as excited as ive ever been for a fight . You put an exclamation point on the win at the end , the punches were quick and clean , The last upper cut would have been devastating had it connected ha ha ha , man that one had some steam on it.

ANd i gotta ad , you and Renzo showed what the sport should be and the true sportsmanship in some fighters , you guys made anderson silve look even worse than he made himself.

Listen ................... Off in the distance, i can here Matt Serra curled into a ball , clutching his blanket and sobbing like a baby over this fight ha ha ha.

Great Job , Now, get back home to these cornfields .

VCURamFan
04-10-2010, 10:48 PM
:punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch:
:punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch:
ONCE AGAIN THE MOST DOMINANT CHAMPION IN THE HISTORY OF MIXED MARTIAL ARTS DISPLAYS TO THE ANGRY, BITTER MASSES THAT NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY MAY HATE TO HEAR IT, HE IS ONCE AGAIN VICTORIOUS, GIVING HIM SOLE OWNERSHIP OF THE RECORD FOR THE MOST WINS WITHIN THE OCTAGON!!!! :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch:

:happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:
Matt, I'm not sure you have any idea just how proud all of us here are of you! You are the reason why many of us are fans of the UFC and you will always be the greatest Champion we have ever known!
:happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

Bonnie
04-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Matt, great gameplan! Those kicks sounded like they hurt....bad! I don't even want to imagine how they felt (ouchie! :cry:), but from the looks of Renzo, he's gonna be feel'n them for a bit. I agree with everything Mac said.

I loved when Renzo asked for you to give him a hand up and you did. That was a great moment in the fight; I think everyone loved it. :laugh: Both of you showed great respect for the other. I like it.

TKO from stand-up!!! :happydancing:

We're so proud of you! :)

Oddtodd76
04-10-2010, 11:13 PM
YES! You made my weekend Matt!
And like it was said before helping Renzo up, so he can take more of a beating was true sportsmanship!

3dlee
04-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Matt, Great job. You managed to win and be a good sport doing so. Were all proud. Our country boy can survive!

SpiritWarrior
04-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Congratulations Matt! Great fight and great finish! :)

Irish Pride
04-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Excellent job Matt! Great fight. Those leg kicks looked VICIOUS! :scared0011:

Blmfighter
04-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Great job Matt! Have a safe trip home.

Llamafighter
04-11-2010, 12:29 AM
That was awesome Matt! Great job!!!

flo
04-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Matt was a true champion, through and through. I'm hoarse from cheering!

I loved it when he even helped Renzo up...then immediately knocked him down again!

What a happy day!!! :happydancing:

Silverback
04-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Matt was a true champion, through and through. I'm hoarse from cheering!

I loved it when he even helped Renzo up...then immediately knocked him down again!

What a happy day!!! :happydancing:

Yes a class act.:punch::punch::punch:

Jeff Crow
04-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Congrats Matt!!! The only fight on the card that ended with a TKO/KO on the feet!!! Nice...

:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

J.B.
04-11-2010, 01:27 AM
I have yet to see the fights, but I am all smiles today.

WAR HUGHES!!!!!!!!

rearnakedchoke
04-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Matt .. that fight was sick .. you are the man (not that we thought differently) ... get back home safe ...

NateR
04-11-2010, 03:08 AM
I remember a few years back Matt saying that he really liked Liddell's style and wanted to win at least one fight on his feet. So, I guess we can say that Matt "Chuck Liddell-ed" Renzo Gracie. :cool:

Congrats Matt and thanks for the prayers everyone!

Black Mamba
04-11-2010, 03:22 AM
I thought the helping Renzo up part was cute. :happy: Great fight Matt, those leg kicks were sweet.

Now to see the other fights, I'm curious to see what Silva did.

Neezar
04-11-2010, 03:35 AM
:happydancing:

Bonnie
04-11-2010, 03:39 AM
I thought the helping Renzo up part was cute. :happy: Great fight Matt, those leg kicks were sweet.

Now to see the other fights, I'm curious to see what Silva did.

I did too and the crowd seemed to get a kick out of it too. :) Renzo wanted Matt to help him up. I'm beginning to wonder if he did that for Matt's sake, you know....with the pro-Renzo crowd.... :unsure:

I'd tell you not to waste your time on Anderson, but I know you want to see what everyone is talking about for yourself. :laugh:

The best part of that fight is seeing how he received his belt!

Spiritwalker
04-11-2010, 03:56 AM
Matt... I was able to hang out with Renzo for about 3 hours the night before the last fight night in Charlotte. He was very respectful when I brought up your name. When he had to leave and we took him to his car.. I told him.. " I didn't want to like you.. and I am a long time Hughes fan.. but you have another one now." The way you handled yourself and your win... makes me proud to always been in your corner. Very nice job sir!! Congrats!!!!!

It was awesome seeing your fight with Renzo.. Your smile showed that you were really enjoying the fight... I didn't get to watch it live, but I had a house full tonight.. watching you have a GREAT fight.

My 9 year old son was cheering with every kick!!! I was going crazy almost with your double jabs at the end.

And let me echo Ben!!!!

HE IS ONCE AGAIN VICTORIOUS, GIVING HIM SOLE OWNERSHIP OF THE RECORD FOR THE MOST WINS WITHIN THE OCTAGON!!!!

Matt, I'm not sure you have any idea just how proud all of us here are of you! You are the reason why many of us are fans of the UFC and you will always be the greatest Champion we have ever known!

MattHughesRocks
04-11-2010, 04:22 AM
Didn't get to see the fight yet but congratulations Matt! Super proud and super excited for you!

Winner winner chicken dinner!
:w00t:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/woohoo.gif

I knew you'd do it! :happydancing:

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
04-11-2010, 06:23 AM
You made us all proud sir!! Good job not listening to my advice how to win :rolleyes:. WAR HUGHES!!!

KevinD
04-11-2010, 06:32 AM
congrats champ, a ko as I predicted. Great fight. Very proud to be a Hughes fan.

at the halfway part of the third round, Renzo got hurt and Matt really committed to his punches. That was the best stand up strikes I have seen from matt. The uppercuts were viscious and the overhand right looked great. Couldn't be happier!!!

cubsfan47
04-11-2010, 01:19 PM
I had to miss the original broadcast. I won't go into all the details. but lets just say I had a miserable day. I came home and had a short period of time with the Lord and then turned to these forums.

Wow. Thank you Matt. The news was good enough, but I bought the PPV to see it all. That was great. Matt, both you and Gracie are part of the reason why I became a fan. Class acts all.

Well mostly. But I'll let the exceptions be dealt with in another thread.:laugh:

Now to see if I can buy that walkout shirt!:cool:

Ricky
04-11-2010, 01:36 PM
:) Matt, that was awesome !! I had a few friends over to watch the fights and it ended up one of the best nights I have had in a long time, that's thanks to you and a very IMPRESSIVE performance !!
CONGRATULATIONS !! :wink:

Tyburn
04-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Dear Mr Matt Hughes,

The night of UFC112, you appeared third on a card stacked with "champions" defending their belts in a new country. You were booed by the fans of your opponent, your were booked as underdog by some online predictors. Some went as far as saying you were past your prime

In your match you engaged in stand-up. You displayed an excellent Clinch which you have not been known for, your Leg Kicks and your punch combinations won you a Tko from Standing. Is that not proof to all that you are still developing and improving and displaying new skills?

You came into your fight in a well prepared manner, and you put to shame the sight of the dead cert. in BJ Penn who appeared to be unable to display the type of cardio and stamina needed for a UFC Champion.

You offered your hand to Gracie and pulled him to his feet during the third round moments before you won your fight, and you put to shame the appauling antics of Anderso Silva, who would showboat, mock, laugh at his opponent, whilst boring us all to decision, and still believe he has nothing to be ashamed of.

You are living, and competeing proof that Champions and Title Holders are two completely and utterly different things. You dont need a belt to show up the Pretenders on their current Thrones. You lead by your example, not only outside the Octagon...but also INSIDE the Octagon

We Love you, We are immensely Proud of you, and we are truely Honoured to be serving as a Senior Moderator on the Forum of a TRUE Champion, an Honnest Man, and a GOD Fearing Christian.

With High Regards

Amor Et Fides

Tyburn.

logrus
04-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Way to go Matt... :)

SteveT
04-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Congrats Matt...watching you is always inspirational.

Whether it's your sportsmanship towards the fans, your opponents, your fights and MMA in general or your dedication to never giving up, never backing down and always pushing yourself to be the best that you can be, you always come out on top one way or another. Everytime you fight, you show how you are and always will be a legend and a true champion.

TLC
04-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Congradulations Matt. I have always been proud to call myself a fan. I thank you for the life you live outside the Octagon as much as the one inside it. I've always been surprised at the fact that you haven't expressed anger at the way you were basically slandered from your stints on TUF.

Comcast crapped out on us last night, so I didn't get to see the fight until much later. My wife (who isn't the fight fan that I am) couldn't quite understand why I was in such a foul mood. When I did finally get to see it, it was awesome to see that, even at this stage in your career, you are continuing to learn and evolve.

I'll admit though that I was a little concerned about some of the post-fight comments regrding about how you're not as aggressive anymore and such. If you want to get back in the cage with a 200 pund monster like Tiago Alves who's gonna try to knock your head off every chance he gets, you gotta bring all the nastiness you got. Alot of these guys are going to look to make thier names off you, and you can't give them an inch. You don't have anything to feel bad about if you beat someone down. That person agreed to get in the cage just like you did, and that person could stop the fight by tapping out verbally or physically at any time.

Congradulations and God bless!

cubsfan47
04-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Dear Mr Matt Hughes,

The night of UFC112, you appeared third on a card stacked with "champions" defending their belts in a new country. You were booed by the fans of your opponent, your were booked as underdog by some online predictors. Some went as far as saying you were past your prime

In your match you engaged in stand-up. You displayed an excellent Clinch which you have not been known for, your Leg Kicks and your punch combinations won you a Tko from Standing. Is that not proof to all that you are still developing and improving and displaying new skills?

You came into your fight in a well prepared manner, and you put to shame the sight of the dead cert. in BJ Penn who appeared to be unable to display the type of cardio and stamina needed for a UFC Champion.

You offered your hand to Gracie and pulled him to his feet during the third round moments before you won your fight, and you put to shame the appauling antics of Anderso Silva, who would showboat, mock, laugh at his opponent, whilst boring us all to decision, and still believe he has nothing to be ashamed of.

You are living, and competeing proof that Champions and Title Holders are two completely and utterly different things. You dont need a belt to show up the Pretenders on their current Thrones. You lead by your example, not only outside the Octagon...but also INSIDE the Octagon

We Love you, We are immensely Proud of you, and we are truely Honoured to be serving as a Senior Moderator on the Forum of a TRUE Champion, an Honnest Man, and a GOD Fearing Christian.

With High Regards

Amor Et Fides

Tyburn.

WOW! What he said.:)

Preach
04-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Matt I must say I am more proud now to be your fan than ever before. Very respectful and dominating. They only thing that I find amusing was that although you were winning. You would ask Jeremy and the corner questions as to what you should do to do better. "Is my Chin to high" lol your a man with knowledge and advise but still humble enough to as advice.

Vizion
04-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Matt, you conducted yourself with class all the way. Great kicks to the leg. Watching you fight is pure joy every time. Thanks for being a stand up guy! :)

suntereo
04-11-2010, 08:55 PM
great job! next stop Alves!?

Tyburn
04-11-2010, 09:28 PM
WOW! What he said.:)

:ashamed: thanks I guess :laugh:

:happydancing: I am just SO glad that Matt won, I dont dislike Renzo, although I admit I dont really know anything about him...but he has to be alright to have been party of that sportsmanship gesture in the third...he obviously isnt to proud and boastful to ask for and/or accept a hand from his opponent during a match. I was dead impressed with both of them. I dont care what other people say, or think...but I like to watch displays like that. How often is it that someone gets to show that sort of sportsmanship in a fight like that also actually DURING the fight. You know, speaking a christian example is hard enough but showing it...when you're IN the fight. Thats the sort of behaviour that demonstrates who you really are.

"For the Kingdom of GOD is not in words, but in power"

...I havent seen much like that since Leonard Garcia and Roger Huerta after their match :happydancing:

Primadawn
04-12-2010, 01:37 AM
Woooooty woooooo! I'm late to the party--but I was watching!! Awesome! Loved it!

MattHughesRocks
04-12-2010, 02:23 AM
Ok so I finally SAW the fight! Cried at the end! Deserves another

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/woohoo.gif :w00t:

NateR
04-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Ok so I finally SAW the fight! Cried at the end! Deserves another

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/woohoo.gif :w00t:

How about this one?
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z77/biohazard_D/300-DancingBear.gif

MattHughesRocks
04-12-2010, 03:57 AM
And that one :laugh:

How about this one?
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z77/biohazard_D/300-DancingBear.gif

Llamafighter
04-12-2010, 04:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouxWPzXPi_A

Great interview! to hear the emotion in Matt's voice when talking about his kids got me a little bit. The day we had lunch with Matt in NY it was really great to hear such love in his voice when he talked about his kids. good dad

huan
04-12-2010, 06:57 AM
Congrats, man! It was a blast to watch.

My wife was so happy to hear someone mention their wife and kids at the end of a fight. Thank you for always setting such a great example.

Llamafighter
04-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Hes another one thats been a good guy, declared UFC president Dana White on Saturday night. Hes been an incredible fighter, a loyal friend, a great partner, and Matt Hughes will always be with the UFC no matter what, whether hes fighting or not fighting.
:cool:

CAVEMAN
04-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Congrats on the win, Matt! Another great performance!

TexasRN
04-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Congrats Matt!! Outstanding job!! And thank you for showing what a true champion's character should be.

~Amy

Tyburn
04-12-2010, 02:39 PM
:)

Blessed is the man who fears the LORD,
who greatly delights in his commandments!
His offspring will be mighty in the land;
the generation of the upright will be blessed.
Wealth and riches are in his house,
and his righteousness endures forever.
Light dawns in the darkness for the upright;
he is gracious, merciful, and righteous.
It is well with the man who deals generously and lends;
who conducts his affairs with justice.
For the righteous will never be moved;
he will be remembered forever.
He is not afraid of bad news;
his heart is firm, trusting in the LORD.
His heart is steady; he will not be afraid,
until he looks in triumph on his adversaries.
He has distributed freely; he has given to the poor;
his righteousness endures forever;
his horn is exalted in honor.

rearnakedchoke
04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/ilc9qp.gif (http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/GifDetails.aspx?gid=10001182&tid=107)

County Mike
04-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Woot!

Shoots like a girl
04-14-2010, 02:27 PM
I didnt get to watch it until last night and even though I knew what happend I was at the edge of my seat! Last half of the 3rd round I was on my feet whoopin and hollerin!!! My family thought I had lost it! What an exciting fight Matt! And the class shown between you and Renzo............ Im ever impressed with you! Congrats Matt!!! :happydancing:

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
04-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Another Victory!!!!!!:w00t: We never doubted it!!!!!:)

Most wins inside the octagon too!!! :punch: NICE!!!!!!!!!!

So proud of you Matt & the HITSquad!:)

CONGRATS on your win and your safe travel back home!!!:wink:

We are awaiting to here who your next victim will be, poor guy........:punch: