PDA

View Full Version : Texas hog hunting from choppers

TexasRN
02-20-2009, 02:00 AM
Texas may let hunters shoot feral hogs from choppers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29287057/

Looks like another reason that TX rocks. I may not live there now but I will always think it is an awesome state. I mean who wouldn't love to shoot wild animals from a helicopter??

~Amy

Spiritwalker
02-20-2009, 03:00 AM
I just don't see the sport in it.

But I am not a hunter myself... nothing wrong with it.. just not for me.

rockdawg21
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM

Well, I'd imagine it's more difficult to shoot a hog from a helicopter than it is from a tree. I don't see the sport in sitting in a tree with a gun to shoot an animal when the animal has, well, itself. However, I still eat the animal when it's shot, lol

Llamafighter
02-20-2009, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't get on the ground with those feral hogs. they are freaking MEAN little fools. I think that the chopper still makes it sporting.

Jonlion
02-20-2009, 02:03 PM
WAR Wild Hogs!

I guess i'm not really into hunting but i dotn mind as long as it isnt just widespread slaughter of the animal and that at least their is an element of sport in it.. You know that it isnt just too easy, as to me that defies the object.

Plus i always think what you hunt should be put to use in some way, and there can be nothign better than eating it eh!

rockdawg21
02-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Plus i always think what you hunt should be put to use in some way, and there can be nothign better than eating it eh!
LOL! :sign0011:

Llamafighter
02-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Kind of like dating!
:ninja:

Crisco
02-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Didn't Palin ok this in Alaska against some kind of rare wolf breed or some such?

Llamafighter
02-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Didn't Palin ok this in Alaska against some kind of rare wolf breed or some such?
No, that was against her ex brother-in-law! he probably deserved it!:laugh:

VCURamFan
02-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Didn't Palin ok this in Alaska against some kind of rare wolf breed or some such?Didn't Palin do some chopper hunting?

Chuck
02-20-2009, 03:06 PM

It wasn't any sort of a rare wolf... :wink:

Jonlion
02-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Kind of like dating!
:ninja:

Wahey! :laugh:

Jonlion
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Helicopters does seem a sort unfair advantage!

So what did Palin allow hunting off, a rare wolf or a Werewolf, i hear the latter can be pretty nasty! :ninja:

adamt
02-20-2009, 04:45 PM

It ain't 'hunting' and it ain't 'sport'......

It's about killin' pests, that some doofus turned loose thinking they would be fun to hunt and 'free pork'. They ain't sport animals, they ain't javelina, they're feral. Kill all of them crop ruining, rooting, useless critters, and do the same to the guys that turned em loose.

Llamafighter
02-20-2009, 04:51 PM
It ain't 'hunting' and it ain't 'sport'......

It's about killin' pests, that some doofus turned loose thinking they would be fun to hunt and 'free pork'. They ain't sport animals, they ain't javelina, they're feral. Kill all of them crop ruining, rooting, useless critters, and do the same to the guys that turned em loose.

but honestly how do you REALLY feel about it :scared0015:

:laugh: