PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs Who R U Picking?

J.B.
04-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Okay, maybe the thread title was a cheap Mayweather vs Mosley rip-off...

Still, who do you guys like this year, and if you choose to say...WHY?

I will just leave this here for poops and giggles...
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp149/l1sachispa/michael_jordan1242892345.jpg

bj44
04-09-2010, 07:53 AM
like the lakers vs cavs in the finals but really just hope my bulls get in as the 8th seed... which is looking likely now that Chris bosh is done for the year!!!

J.B.
04-09-2010, 08:15 AM
like the lakers vs cavs in the finals but really just hope my bulls get in as the 8th seed... which is looking likely now that Chris bosh is done for the year!!!

I am a Suns fan no doubt, but those are MY Bulls too! :laugh:

1993 is like the Holy Grail of championships to me as a sports fan.

Yes, the Bulls can get it done against Toronto, but they still got two games after that and both teams have a game tonight. So it's not quite locked up just yet.

bj44
04-09-2010, 08:18 AM
I am a Suns fan no doubt, but those are MY Bulls too! :laugh:

1993 is like the Holy Grail of championships to me as a sports fan.

Yes, the Bulls can get it done against Toronto, but they still got two games after that and both teams have a game tonight. So it's not quite locked up just yet.

where did you live when you lived in chicagoland (i know off topic)

i like the suns too actually big nash fan but you guys need Brook lopez's brother back.. He was playing good for you guys... Schedule is brutal down the stretch though!!!

J.B.
04-09-2010, 09:41 AM
where did you live when you lived in chicagoland (i know off topic)

i like the suns too actually big nash fan but you guys need Brook lopez's brother back.. He was playing good for you guys... Schedule is brutal down the stretch though!!!

Born and raised in Joliet IL, but I always had family here in Arizona and kinda doubled back between the two for a while. Now I call AZ my permanent home, and I'm damn proud. :)

Yes, we love Robin Lopez and he needs to get back asap. Still, this is Nash and Stoudemire's team. :wink:

Stockton and Malone AINT GOT NOTHING ON MY BOYS!!!! :laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opYTM7f2Lv4

Another personal favorite...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikREzeaGqkA

Amar'e is the most under-rated player in the league, true story.

logrus
04-09-2010, 11:37 AM
The Bulls might actually lock up the 8th spot. An with us playing the 11-68 nets its possible. Speaking of the NEts, WTF happened to that ORg. Anyways, good ol Bulls, under 500 and in the playoffs every year lol.

Might come down to the last game of the season whether were in or out.

J.B.
04-09-2010, 11:47 AM
The Bulls might actually lock up the 8th spot. An with us playing the 11-68 nets its possible. Speaking of the NEts, WTF happened to that ORg. Anyways, good ol Bulls, under 500 and in the playoffs every year lol.

Might come down to the last game of the season whether were in or out.

You can't go to sleep on a team with nothing to lose like the Nets, they will creep up and beat you.....

but yeah...they are pretty bad this year....:laugh:

It very well could come down to the 82nd game, but lets hope that D-Rose and Co. pulls it together and makes things happen. It's important for them if they plan on attracting any of the top-dog free agents that are coming up before next season.

Miss Foxy
04-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Laker girl in the house!! Lakers all the way!!!:tongue0011:

billwilliams70
04-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Lakers V Cavaliers in the finals. Hope the Lakers take it.

Lived in the Valley of the Sun for ten years and never really liked the Suns.

Later.

matthughesfan21
04-09-2010, 05:14 PM
lakers and Cavs seem to be that next level above the rest of the teams...I hope the cavs take it though, I can't stomach kobe holding up another trophy

J.B.
04-09-2010, 06:17 PM

Thats how it goes here in Phoenix. It's also why I laugh my ass off every time a Phoenix team does good and people down here jump on the bandwagon. :laugh:

billwilliams70
04-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Thats how it goes here in Phoenix. It's also why I laugh my ass off every time a Phoenix team does good and people down here jump on the bandwagon. :laugh:
Yeah, I remember that too.

Later.

bj44
04-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Born and raised in Joliet IL, but I always had family here in Arizona and kinda doubled back between the two for a while. Now I call AZ my permanent home, and I'm damn proud. :)

Yes, we love Robin Lopez and he needs to get back asap. Still, this is Nash and Stoudemire's team. :wink:

Stockton and Malone AINT GOT NOTHING ON MY BOYS!!!! :laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opYTM7f2Lv4

Another personal favorite...

Amar'e is the most under-rated player in the league, true story.

stockton and malone is a stretch lol... i always thought amare played like a prime shawn kemp.. not as good of a dunker or rebounder but with a better jump shot.... Ive always liked the suns though... Kj was my favorite non bulls player growing up!!!

rockdawg21
04-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Have they started calling travels in the NBA yet?

mscomc
04-10-2010, 01:31 AM
THE RAPTORS ARE GOING TO SWEEP EVERYONE :fighting0028:

:cry: ----- no they are done, I know. But they are the only canadian team, I have to support them, lol.

J.B.
04-10-2010, 02:32 AM
stockton and malone is a stretch lol... i always thought amare played like a prime shawn kemp.. not as good of a dunker or rebounder but with a better jump shot.... Ive always liked the suns though... Kj was my favorite non bulls player growing up!!!

I don't think it's really a stretch at all.

In 8 seasons, Amare has put up stats that are quite comparable to Malone. Karl averaged 25 points and 10 rebounds per game for his career, and Amare averages 22 points and 9 rebounds per game for his career. Amare is still making progress and getting better and he has a lot of time ahead of him. Plus, Amare has had some injuries that set him back a little and he missed the whole 2005 season. Even when you compare other stats like field goal percentage, free throw percentage, assists, steals, blocks, and turnovers they both have very similar stats.

On the other end, Steve Nash and John Stockton have also both had very similar careers, but Stockton was a better defensive player than Nash and Nash is a better offensive player than Stockton. Personally, I would take Nash over Stockton, but both men are clearly Hall of Famers, just as is Karl Malone and I believe Amare will be also as long as he stays healthy and keeps on producing as he has up to this point.

bj44
04-10-2010, 06:00 AM
I don't think it's really a stretch at all.

In 8 seasons, Amare has put up stats that are quite comparable to Malone. Karl averaged 25 points and 10 rebounds per game for his career, and Amare averages 22 points and 9 rebounds per game for his career. Amare is still making progress and getting better and he has a lot of time ahead of him. Plus, Amare has had some injuries that set him back a little and he missed the whole 2005 season. Even when you compare other stats like field goal percentage, free throw percentage, assists, steals, blocks, and turnovers they both have very similar stats.

On the other end, Steve Nash and John Stockton have also both had very similar careers, but Stockton was a better defensive player than Nash and Nash is a better offensive player than Stockton. Personally, I would take Nash over Stockton, but both men are clearly Hall of Famers, just as is Karl Malone and I believe Amare will be also as long as he stays healthy and keeps on producing as he has up to this point.

karl malone was a two time mvp though... amare has never even finished top 5 in mvp voting. The only thing they can match stockton and malone at is scoring and that has alot to do with the pace they play at.. The jazz were a grind it out defensive team while the suns are a run and gun team who doesnt play much defense!!!

J.B.
04-10-2010, 06:28 AM
karl malone was a two time mvp though... amare has never even finished top 5 in mvp voting. The only thing they can match stockton and malone at is scoring and that has alot to do with the pace they play at.. The jazz were a grind it out defensive team while the suns are a run and gun team who doesnt play much defense!!!

Steve Nash is a 2 time MVP too, but that is not the point. MVP is not always the best way to grade a person against the rest of the league at the time. Malone got handed the MVP in 97 but we ALL know Jordan was the real MVP and the Bulls beat the Jazz in the finals. The second MVP he got was during the lockout season that was only like 50 games and then the Jazz lost in the second round.

Amare has only played about 7 full seasons, and it's actually less than that. Karl didn't win his MVP's until later in his 19 year career. I am not saying Amare is better than Malone in terms of legacy at this point because I don't have a crystal ball, I am saying in terms of their game and the numbers they put up, they are similar in a lot of ways. Amare's greatness will be tested for sure though, because he is not gonna have Nash much longer. People who think Amare can't play defense don't watch the Suns enough, and also are not taking into consideration the type of game they have morphed into since Mike D'antoni left and we tried the Shaq experiment with Terry Porter as coach, and now with Alvin Gentry. This season has shown a somewhat difference Suns team, not a defensive powerhouse by any means, but not as lax as it used to be with other people on the roster. Still, the Suns are an offensive oriented team with a lot of high output scorers.

Don't get me wrong, I am all about seeing them strap it down and play some tight-d, but in the end this game is about getting the ball in the basket, and the Suns do it better than any team in the league right now. Numbers don't lie. :)

bj44
04-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Steve Nash is a 2 time MVP too, but that is not the point. MVP is not always the best way to grade a person against the rest of the league at the time. Malone got handed the MVP in 97 but we ALL know Jordan was the real MVP and the Bulls beat the Jazz in the finals. The second MVP he got was during the lockout season that was only like 50 games and then the Jazz lost in the second round.

Amare has only played about 7 full seasons, and it's actually less than that. Karl didn't win his MVP's until later in his 19 year career. I am not saying Amare is better than Malone in terms of legacy at this point because I don't have a crystal ball, I am saying in terms of their game and the numbers they put up, they are similar in a lot of ways. Amare's greatness will be tested for sure though, because he is not gonna have Nash much longer. People who think Amare can't play defense don't watch the Suns enough, and also are not taking into consideration the type of game they have morphed into since Mike D'antoni left and we tried the Shaq experiment with Terry Porter as coach, and now with Alvin Gentry. This season has shown a somewhat difference Suns team, not a defensive powerhouse by any means, but not as lax as it used to be with other people on the roster. Still, the Suns are an offensive oriented team with a lot of high output scorers.

Don't get me wrong, I am all about seeing them strap it down and play some tight-d, but in the end this game is about getting the ball in the basket, and the Suns do it better than any team in the league right now. Numbers don't lie. :)

Amare played in a system that allowed frickin sean marion to score over 20 points a game. You cant compare numbers.. Nash and stockton are comparable but Nash didnt even score in double figures until like his 5th year in the league

ps while jordan deserved the mvp in 97 Karl deserved it in 98 so it all evens out

J.B.
04-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Amare played in a system that allowed frickin sean marion to score over 20 points a game. You cant compare numbers.. Nash and stockton are comparable but Nash didnt even score in double figures until like his 5th year in the league

ps while jordan deserved the mvp in 97 Karl deserved it in 98 so it all evens out

You most certainly can compare the numbers. That Suns system you are talking about was led by WHO? Steve Nash. How many of Karl Malone's points came from John Stockton? They were masters of the pick and roll, and that was their linchpin, kinda like the Bulls with the triangle offense, or the Suns runnning and gunning. They are very strikingly similar when you actually look at it. The only exception being that Stockton and Malone basically played 19 years each without every really suffering serious injuries that sidelined them. Also, nobody can deny that John Stockton is the undisputed king of assists.

Nash didn't score in double digits until his 5th year, but you need context my friend. Nash didn't get many minutes his first two seasons in Phoenix because we were stacked with point guards in Kevin Johnson, Sam Cassell, and Jason Kidd. When he went to Dallas, the first year was the lockout year and the second year he sat out 25 games with an ankle injury. Then he exploded for Dallas and he has been putting up great numbers ever since. Also, to be fair, Stockton didn't put up double digit scoring numbers until his fourth year.

Again, I want to make it clear, I am not saying that Nash/Stoudemire have a more celebrated legacy than Stockton/Malone have, but they are very comparable when you look at the numbers. Obviously the Jazz in the 90's had some great runs with those two leading the way, but they also had some key role players on that squad like Jeff Hornacek and Byron Russel. The Suns have had some great seasons too, but kinda like the Jazz, they have failed to bring home a championship. (hopefully they can change that, lol)

Lastly, two more quick things.... Jordan was the ONLY MVP in the 90's and don't be hatin' on Shawn Marion! :laugh:

bj44
04-10-2010, 10:46 AM
You most certainly can compare the numbers. That Suns system you are talking about was led by WHO? Steve Nash. How many of Karl Malone's points came from John Stockton? They were masters of the pick and roll, and that was their linchpin, kinda like the Bulls with the triangle offense, or the Suns runnning and gunning. They are very strikingly similar when you actually look at it. The only exception being that Stockton and Malone basically played 19 years each without every really suffering serious injuries that sidelined them. Also, nobody can deny that John Stockton is the undisputed king of assists.

Nash didn't score in double digits until his 5th year, but you need context my friend. Nash didn't get many minutes his first two seasons in Phoenix because we were stacked with point guards in Kevin Johnson, Sam Cassell, and Jason Kidd. When he went to Dallas, the first year was the lockout year and the second year he sat out 25 games with an ankle injury. Then he exploded for Dallas and he has been putting up great numbers ever since. Also, to be fair, Stockton didn't put up double digit scoring numbers until his fourth year.

Again, I want to make it clear, I am not saying that Nash/Stoudemire have a more celebrated legacy than Stockton/Malone have, but they are very comparable when you look at the numbers. Obviously the Jazz in the 90's had some great runs with those two leading the way, but they also had some key role players on that squad like Jeff Hornacek and Byron Russel. The Suns have had some great seasons too, but kinda like the Jazz, they have failed to bring home a championship. (hopefully they can change that, lol)

Lastly, two more quick things.... Jordan was the ONLY MVP in the 90's and don't be hatin' on Shawn Marion! :laugh:

suns have had good role players too.. Marion, Barbosa, fricken joe johnson lol.. Jazz atleast made the finals twice when they were past there prime... Nash only has like 2 years left of all star level play. I cant believe he hasnt dramatically declined yet. Even Kobe has started to decline a little bit and hes only 31

i dont mind sean marion but when he was putting up those numbers in phoenix people were comparing/calling him a Scottie Pippen like player in skillset with made me lmfao. Maybe they are similiar in build and athletic ability but Scottie was a superior passer, ball handler, shooter (except free throws), help defender (which is what marion is known for), 1 on 1 defender, and way better basketball iq. Once he left phoenix he wasnt the same plaer which showed he was a product of the system he was in.

J.B.
04-10-2010, 10:18 PM
The Suns were robbed in the western conference finals by the league, or did you forget that? lol

Of course they have role players, every team does. I was merely pointing out why the Jazz did so well at that time besides just Stockton and Malone.

bj44
04-12-2010, 06:50 AM
The Suns were robbed in the western conference finals by the league, or did you forget that? lol

Of course they have role players, every team does. I was merely pointing out why the Jazz did so well at that time besides just Stockton and Malone.

yes they were robbed cus the spurs are so much more marketable :rolleyes: lol

ps go bulls big win today after making me break my remote control against in the game against the nets on friday haha

J.B.
04-16-2010, 10:56 PM
yes they were robbed cus the spurs are so much more marketable :rolleyes: lol

ps go bulls big win today after making me break my remote control against in the game against the nets on friday haha

Yes, go Bulls for sure. It's a tall order, but I'm definitely pulling for them.

Also I mis-spoke before, I meant to say western conference semi-finals. Either way...

The Spurs had already won a championship two years earlier, but I don't think they were robbed because of marketability. I think they were just robbed in general.

That was absolutely ridiculous of the league to suspend Amare and Boris for standing up off the bench. The Spurs are a bunch of dirty punks who constantly get away with murder and I have a hard time thinking of team that I despise more.

You know Tim Donaghy was a ref during that series too. Fishy as hell if you ask me.

bj44
04-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Yes, go Bulls for sure. It's a tall order, but I'm definitely pulling for them.

Also I mis-spoke before, I meant to say western conference semi-finals. Either way...

The Spurs had already won a championship two years earlier, but I don't think they were robbed because of marketability. I think they were just robbed in general.

That was absolutely ridiculous of the league to suspend Amare and Boris for standing up off the bench. The Spurs are a bunch of dirty punks who constantly get away with murder and I have a hard time thinking of team that I despise more.

You know Tim Donaghy was a ref during that series too. Fishy as hell if you ask me.
hahah i think yull see you fav team the spurs in the second round

billwilliams70
04-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Not my opinions, but Colin Cowherd (I dig his show) believes that Orlando will make quick work of Cleveland.

Thoughts?

Later.

eric84
04-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Not my opinions, but Colin Cowherd (I dig his show) believes that Orlando will make quick work of Cleveland.

Thoughts?

Later.

I think Orlando can take it, but I would put my money on the Cavs. Going to be a great matchup though and will show us if Lebron has what it takes to be in the consideration for greatest of all time(not saying he is right now, but times like this strengthen his cause).

Hoping the Suns take it all the way, first game against Portland was disappointing to say the least, but at least the second game was a blowout. West I would have to give it to LA, but Kobe isn't playing too well right now so who knows. I will be suprised if LA or Cleveland doesn't take home the trophy.

bj44
04-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Dwight Howard while easily the best center in the league is a big overrated to me... Compared to centers from the 90's like Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing, Shaq heck even Mourning hes very limited offensively.

With that said the magic have a good chance of beaten anyone.. there worse matchtup is the lakers or the celtics who have bothe regressed this year. I like there chances against cleveland. Pietrus does a better job vs Lebron then anyone in the league.

J.B.
04-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Dwight Howard while easily the best center in the league is a big overrated to me... Compared to centers from the 90's like Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing, Shaq heck even Mourning hes very limited offensively.

With that said the magic have a good chance of beaten anyone.. there worse matchtup is the lakers or the celtics who have bothe regressed this year. I like there chances against cleveland. Pietrus does a better job vs Lebron then anyone in the league.

He is limited offensively, but his defensive and rebounding contributions are top notch. If he can stay consistent in the rest of his game, and step his scoring up to over the 20 point average mark, by the time he retires he will deserve to be in the conversation with some of the guys you mentioned.

bj44
04-23-2010, 04:59 AM
He is limited offensively, but his defensive and rebounding contributions are top notch. If he can stay consistent in the rest of his game, and step his scoring up to over the 20 point average mark, by the time he retires he will deserve to be in the conversation with some of the guys you mentioned.

bulls n suns win today so good night for you... Hope amare doesnt get suspended though

J.B.
04-23-2010, 05:35 AM
bulls n suns win today so good night for you... Hope amare doesnt get suspended though

If that happened, I would likely have a brain aneurysm. :mad0233:

Miss Foxy
04-23-2010, 03:39 PM
I am so flippen' mad at my Lakers!!! Uggg they seriously ticked me off!!!!!!!!!!!:punch:

bj44
04-23-2010, 05:39 PM
I am so flippen' mad at my Lakers!!! Uggg they seriously ticked me off!!!!!!!!!!!:punch:

kobe was chucking 3's like an idiot instead of taking it to the basket... No shame in losing to the thunder though those guys are really good.

Miss Foxy
04-23-2010, 05:52 PM
kobe was chucking 3's like an idiot instead of taking it to the basket... No shame in losing to the thunder though those guys are really good.

That's true the Thunder played a good game, and at the end of the game they were the better team..:w00t:

J.B.
04-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Suns vs Spurs in round 2..... :w00t:

I'm ready to roll my sleeves up and punch somebody already... :punch:

bj44
05-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Suns vs Spurs in round 2..... :w00t:

I'm ready to roll my sleeves up and punch somebody already... :punch:

Good first game but id still be really nervous if i were you... Esp if parker starts from now on!!!!

J.B.
05-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Good first game but id still be really nervous if i were you... Esp if parker starts from now on!!!!

I don't care if this series has 3 more games or 6....I still think somebody is gonna catch a flagrant 2 for throwing a stiff elbow. :laugh:

For real, these are different teams than in the past, and even though the Spurs are a great team who historically plays great in the playoffs, I still think the better team usually wins in a 7 game series, and Phoenix IS the better team.

Tonight was great though, Steve got Nashty and ripped of 14 points in the first...I know he wants to stick it to these Spurs even worse than we want to see it. I don't think he will be putting up 30 points a game the whole series, but this is monumental to his career, and he ain't going out without a hell of a fight. :wink:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100504/capt.ca073b5c5a22479b908927189ac759a5-ca073b5c5a22479b908927189ac759a5-0.jpg

bj44
05-04-2010, 07:37 AM
I don't care if this series has 3 more games or 6....I still think somebody is gonna catch a flagrant 2 for throwing a stiff elbow. :laugh:

For real, these are different teams than in the past, and even though the Spurs are a great team who historically plays great in the playoffs, I still think the better team usually wins in a 7 game series, and Phoenix IS the better team.

Tonight was great though, Steve got Nashty and ripped of 14 points in the first...I know he wants to stick it to these Spurs even worse than we want to see it. I don't think he will be putting up 30 points a game the whole series, but this is monumental to his career, and he ain't going out without a hell of a fight. :wink:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100504/capt.ca073b5c5a22479b908927189ac759a5-ca073b5c5a22479b908927189ac759a5-0.jpg

well one positive difference for you guys is the spurs have definatly declined on the deffensive end the last few years... I dont think phoenix is that improved from a few years ago....

J.B.
05-04-2010, 07:46 AM
well one positive difference for you guys is the spurs have definatly declined on the deffensive end the last few years... I dont think phoenix is that improved from a few years ago....

The Spurs have declined, but I think the Suns have definitely improved in many ways. It's easy to look at the roster and say "oh that guy ain't nothing", but this team actually has some great young players who can make key plays and more importantly they have CONFIDENCE. Guys like Leandro Barbosa, Jared Dudley, Goron Dragic, Channing Frye, and even Lou Amundson. These guys make plays believe it or not, and they actually play like a very cohesive unit most times down the court.

Phoenix won't fall asleep on San Antonio. If the Spurs are gonna win this series, it's gonna be a fight. :punch:

bj44
05-04-2010, 07:20 PM
The Spurs have declined, but I think the Suns have definitely improved in many ways. It's easy to look at the roster and say "oh that guy ain't nothing", but this team actually has some great young players who can make key plays and more importantly they have CONFIDENCE. Guys like Leandro Barbosa, Jared Dudley, Goron Dragic, Channing Frye, and even Lou Amundson. These guys make plays believe it or not, and they actually play like a very cohesive unit most times down the court.

Phoenix won't fall asleep on San Antonio. If the Spurs are gonna win this series, it's gonna be a fight. :punch:

marion, diaw, bell> j rich and 37 year old hill... Plus barbosa is a shell of his former self... You watch the team more then i do though maybe they are better. I think phoenix best team of the nash era was the joe johson, quinton richardson, jim jackson team... Well offensively atleast.

J.B.
05-04-2010, 08:05 PM
marion, diaw, bell> j rich and 37 year old hill... Plus barbosa is a shell of his former self... You watch the team more then i do though maybe they are better. I think phoenix best team of the nash era was the joe johson, quinton richardson, jim jackson team... Well offensively atleast.

The team you are talking about was the 04-05 Suns, and that was the first year that Mike D'Antoni took over as head coach with the "8 seconds or less" mentality. In fact, the Suns have averaged between 108 and 110 points per game each season since that year, and have been ranked 1st in the league in scoring every season since then, except for 07-08 when they were ranked 3rd.

J-Rich has been our barometer for winning pretty much all season. When Richardson scores over 20 points in a game, I wanna say our record is like 30-4, and I know we have won the last 11 games where he scored over 20.

Grant Hill may be 37, but he can still play great defense and he is very smart player who makes key plays. Not to mention, even though he was plagued by injuries throughout his career, he only missed one game this season, and he didn't miss any games last season.

Barbosa has had a rough year with injuries, but he's still got some tricks up his sleeve, and he is another guy that can be a key role player. Don't get me wrong, I love Marion, Diaw, and Bell, and I was critical of Steve Kerr at first when he traded them. Still, this season now that Shaq has moved on, and Amar'e is healthy, this team has really become a very cohesive unit.

bj44
05-06-2010, 04:31 AM
good win by the suns again... Ive underestimated there bench dudley and frye played great tonight... Orlando by far has been the most impressive team though..

J.B.
05-06-2010, 05:02 AM
good win by the suns again... Ive underestimated there bench dudley and frye played great tonight... Orlando by far has been the most impressive team though..

The Magic are playing like the Harlem Globtrotters :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
05-06-2010, 05:19 AM
Lakers :happydancing:

bj44
05-06-2010, 05:19 AM
The Magic are playing like the Harlem Globtrotters :laugh:

i guess that makes the hawks the washington generals then..... A 50 win team shpuldnt be blown out by 40 points... they play like a bunch of street ballers with all isolation plays. Waste of a talented team.

As much as i hate the celtics who are proabably the most hatable team since the bad boys, the coverage Lebrons elbow gets bothers me so much im hoping they win lol

J.B.
05-06-2010, 05:53 AM
i guess that makes the hawks the washington generals then..... A 50 win team shpuldnt be blown out by 40 points... they play like a bunch of street ballers with all isolation plays. Waste of a talented team.

Asmuch as i hate the celtics who are proabably the most hatable team since the bad boys... they coverage Lebrons elbow gets bothers me so much im hoping they win lol

I heard Lebron's elbow has a Facebook group with like 100,000 people on it or something. :laugh:

J.B.
05-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Viva Los Suns!

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100506/capt.5e4f564bbd45434c8f5a583a3d119dd8-5e4f564bbd45434c8f5a583a3d119dd8-0.jpg

:laugh:

bj44
05-08-2010, 04:04 AM
Viva Los Suns!

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100506/capt.5e4f564bbd45434c8f5a583a3d119dd8-5e4f564bbd45434c8f5a583a3d119dd8-0.jpg

dragic>>>>>>nash :laugh:

J.B.
05-08-2010, 04:08 AM
dragic>>>>>>nash :laugh:

You're crazy!:laugh:

I can't believe we are up by 11 points with 4 minutes left :happydancing:

J.B.
05-08-2010, 04:16 AM
3-0! WOOOO WOOO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRpIhYwg7Tw

bj44
05-08-2010, 04:20 AM
You're crazy!:laugh:

I can't believe we are up by 11 points with 4 minutes left :happydancing:

me either i turned off the game at one point... congrats look like you guys will finally do it... although if anyone was to blow a 3-0 lead it would be the suns against the spurs :laugh:

J.B.
05-08-2010, 04:25 AM
me either i turned off the game at one point... congrats look like you guys will finally do it... although if anyone was to blow a 3-0 lead it would be the suns against the spurs :laugh:

You just shoosh! :laugh:

bj44
05-09-2010, 11:53 AM
You just shoosh! :laugh:

Lakers vs Suns next round cant wait

J.B.
05-10-2010, 03:02 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/IH8SIU1/broom_big.jpg

bj44
05-17-2010, 07:07 AM
im really excited for the lakers vs suns tonight

J.B.
05-17-2010, 10:17 AM
im really excited for the lakers vs suns tonight

Sideshow Lopez in da house!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0905/nba.hair.styles/images/robin-lopez.jpg

bj44
05-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Sideshow Lopez in da house!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0905/nba.hair.styles/images/robin-lopez.jpg

cool lets hop he doesnt pull a jameer nelson in last years finals.. Bringng guys back this late in the playoffs usually doesnt work out to well...

J.B.
05-17-2010, 09:30 PM
P-Jack has been talkin smack, as usual, saying Nash travels. Did he forget what all the haters were saying about Jordan in the 90's? I love Phil Jackson. :laugh:

The city of Los Angeles is boycotting Arizona, and I am assuming that includes Los Suns. :laugh:

Never put Phoenix next to L.A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb4lkUvxdhE

J.B.
05-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Classic Nash with Ali G :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYUjIayCJSA&feature=related

Miss Foxy
05-17-2010, 09:33 PM
P-Jack has been talkin smack, as usual, saying Nash travels. Did he forget what all the haters were saying about Jordan in the 90's? I love Phil Jackson. :laugh:

The city of Los Angeles is boycotting Arizona, and I am assuming that includes Los Suns. :laugh:

Never put Phoenix next to L.A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb4lkUvxdhE

Yup!! It's all about our Los Angeles Lakers!!!! :happydancing:

J.B.
05-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Yup!! It's all about our Los Angeles Lakers!!!! :happydancing:

I knew you would pop back in sooner or later :laugh:

Sorry, but LA is going down!

I heard Steve Kerr put in a call to Paradise Valley over the weekend and we have a late addition to our bench...

http://www.oddjack.com/wp-content/phoenix_suns1.jpg

Miss Foxy
05-17-2010, 10:21 PM
I knew you would pop back in sooner or later :laugh:

Sorry, but LA is going down!

I heard Steve Kerr put in a call to Paradise Valley over the weekend and we have a late addition to our bench...

http://www.oddjack.com/wp-content/phoenix_suns1.jpg

I don't know whats going on with Bynum, but I know Sasha is back!! Yaaay!!.. UGG my ex-husband is from Arizona so he's a bigtime Suns fan so this rivalry runs deep!!:w00t:

J.B.
05-17-2010, 10:27 PM
I heard Bynum's meniscus tear is getting worse, and Kobe is a little banged up too. That's how it goes at this time of the year. We are just now getting Lopez back and Nash has been banged up most of the second half of the season.

bj44
05-18-2010, 10:08 AM
im gonna say what i always say when i shoot a paper ball into a trash can

kobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.B.
05-18-2010, 12:23 PM
im gonna say what i always say when i shoot a paper ball into a trash can

kobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a feeling Kobe would be Kobe.

The man is the best in the world.

bj44
05-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Had a feeling Kobe would be Kobe.

The man is the best in the world.

gonna be honest before last night i though hed lost a step... He def cant get up like he use to but i was foolish to think that he was on the decline already

seems like he always plays good against you guys.. i remember he took you guys to 7 games almost by himself... granted amre wasnt playing but still...

flo
05-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Suns will even it up tomorrow.

Miss Foxy
05-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Los Angeles Lakers!!! #1 Farmar!!! :tongue0011:

billwilliams70
05-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Lakers V Cavaliers in the finals. Hope the Lakers take it.

Later.
Well, I was off on this one......I think it'll be the Lakers V Celtics now. Still rootin' for my Lakers!

Later.

flo
05-20-2010, 06:33 AM
Dayum.

J.B.
05-20-2010, 08:12 AM
Dayum.

Well, that was the first time the Suns have had back-to-back losses since January.

I was really hoping we could steal one in LA, but the Lakers are the Champs for a reason. It's a monster uphill battle from here, and even though ultimately the goal is always a championship, I am still proud of the Suns for the effort we have seen this year no matter what happens.

Miss Foxy
05-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Well, that was the first time the Suns have had back-to-back losses since January.

I was really hoping we could steal one in LA, but the Lakers are the Champs for a reason. It's a monster uphill battle from here, and even though ultimately the goal is always a championship, I am still proud of the Suns for the effort we have seen this year no matter what happens.

Very true.. and well put..:wink:

Miss Foxy
05-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Just remember when it's Boston vs Los Angeles stay WEST coast Flo and JB!!! :tongue0011:

J.B.
05-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Just remember when it's Boston vs Los Angeles stay WEST coast Flo and JB!!! :tongue0011:

It ain't over yet. :wink:

rearnakedchoke
05-21-2010, 01:47 PM
LA v Bos finals ...

billwilliams70
05-21-2010, 04:24 PM
It ain't over yet. :wink:
Technically no it's not.....but I don't think that there's anything Phoenix can do to beat LA in the series. Everything they've tried to do wasn't enough.....the one bright spot for the Suns is the bench, but when the top five aren't gettin' it done.....so goes the game.

Later.

J.B.
05-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Technically no it's not.....but I don't think that there's anything Phoenix can do to beat LA in the series. Everything they've tried to do wasn't enough.....the one bright spot for the Suns is the bench, but when the top five aren't gettin' it done.....so goes the game.

Later.

They need to force the Lakers to beat them with the jumpshot and not allow them to just dominate the paint. Phoenix is no pushover, and we were tied going into that 4th quarter in game 2. Now, the Lakers may feel like they can coast, but if they do it will likely cost them at least one if not both of these games in Phoenix. We are a very tough team to beat at home, but the Lakers are the champs for a reason, and Kobe is the best player in the world (something I have been telling people on this forum for a couple years now)

Alvin Gentry is a great coach, but Phil Jackson is the master. It seems like no matter what look you try and throw at them, they have the answer. So, I do think it's a longshot that the Suns beat LA in this series, but things can change in the blink of an eye so we just gotta see how it plays out.

Also, just to note, the Lakers have only lost once in franchise history when they are up 2-0 in a seven game series.

bj44
05-21-2010, 07:41 PM
They need to force the Lakers to beat them with the jumpshot and not allow them to just dominate the paint. Phoenix is no pushover, and we were tied going into that 4th quarter in game 2. Now, the Lakers may feel like they can coast, but if they do it will likely cost them at least one if not both of these games in Phoenix. We are a very tough team to beat at home, but the Lakers are the champs for a reason, and Kobe is the best player in the world (something I have been telling people on this forum for a couple years now)

Alvin Gentry is a great coach, but Phil Jackson is the master. It seems like no matter what look you try and throw at them, they have the answer. So, I do think it's a longshot that the Suns beat LA in this series, but things can change in the blink of an eye so we just gotta see how it plays out.

Also, just to note, the Lakers have only lost once in franchise history when they are up 2-0 in a seven game series.

Amares defense on Gasol has been pathetic... If he wants to be a max contract player he needs to improve on that end of the floor because it blows.

J.B.
05-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Amares defense on Gasol has been pathetic... If he wants to be a max contract player he needs to improve on that end of the floor because it blows.

No doubt, he needs to focus and play better defensively if we are going to have any chance to win this series.

However, I am not gonna throw Amar'e under the bus after 2 bad games. His defense has been a LOT better this season and the defensive breakdown from the Suns the last two games is not ALL his fault. The longer Gentry is here in Phoenix, the better I think we will get defensively. He demands it, and we CAN do it, but as soon as they have a bad game people go back to thinking of what the culture of the Suns has been for years.

Also, I'm not trying to make any excuses for the man, but his mom did get arrested earlier this week. He had a real rough upbringing. His mom was always on drugs and prostituting, and his dad died when he was 12. I've always liked Amar'e because I know how hard he had to struggle to get where he is. Personally, I think the Suns need to pay Amar'e a max deal next year even if he comes out the rest of the series and lays a giant egg. A part of that is the fan in me, but a big part of that is the belief that Amar'e is definitely worth it.

I hope whatever it is, Amar'e can get back into rhythm and we can start winning some games.

bj44
05-21-2010, 08:18 PM
No doubt, he needs to focus and play better defensively if we are going to have any chance to win this series.

However, I am not gonna throw Amar'e under the bus after 2 bad games. His defense has been a LOT better this season and the defensive breakdown from the Suns the last two games is not ALL his fault. The longer Gentry is here in Phoenix, the better I think we will get defensively. He demands it, and we CAN do it, but as soon as they have a bad game people go back to thinking of what the culture of the Suns has been for years.

Also, I'm not trying to make any excuses for the man, but his mom did get arrested earlier this week. He had a real rough upbringing. His mom was always on drugs and prostituting, and his dad died when he was 12. I've always liked Amar'e because I know how hard he had to struggle to get where he is. Personally, I think the Suns need to pay Amar'e a max deal next year even if he comes out the rest of the series and lays a giant egg. A part of that is the fan in me, but a big part of that is the belief that Amar'e is definitely worth it.

I hope whatever it is, Amar'e can get back into rhythm and we can start winning some games.

i like your optimism but nash isnt getting any younger... This might be his last chance. Any improvements Amare has made on defense havnt been shown this series.. He makes chris bosh look like tim duncan on that end of the floor lol. Also frye has been hot garbage idk why hes getting so many minutes.

They should hypnotize lamar odum so he thinks hes playing the suns every game haha he owns you guys.

J.B.
05-21-2010, 08:30 PM
i like your optimism but nash isnt getting any younger... This might be his last chance. Any improvements Amare has made on defense havnt been shown this series.. He makes chris bosh look like tim duncan on that end of the floor lol. Also frye has been hot garbage idk why hes getting so many minutes.

They should hypnotize lamar odum so he thinks hes playing the suns every game haha he owns you guys.

I realize that Nash isn't getting any younger, but let's remember where we were this time last season. We haven't lost back to back games against anybody since January and we have dominated in the playoffs until this point against the defending champions with the best player in the world. Not too much to be ashamed of if you ask me.

I agree that Amar'e has been getting lit up the last two games, but we gotta put it all in perspective. As for Channing Frye, I am also a big fan of his because he is a local guy, but he needs to get loose when he's shooting. He is hesitating and not just flowing with his shot. Frye is supposed to be a role player, but he's had to play more since Lopez has been out. In game 3 they need to give Lopez a lot more time.

bj44
05-21-2010, 08:38 PM
I realize that Nash isn't getting any younger, but let's remember where we were this time last season. We haven't lost back to back games against anybody since January and we have dominated in the playoffs until this point against the defending champions with the best player in the world. Not too much to be ashamed of if you ask me.

I agree that Amar'e has been getting lit up the last two games, but we gotta put it all in perspective. As for Channing Frye, I am also a big fan of his because he is a local guy, but he needs to get loose when he's shooting. He is hesitating and not just flowing with his shot. Frye is supposed to be a role player, but he's had to play more since Lopez has been out. In game 3 they need to give Lopez a lot more time.

atleast amare had six rebounds this game compared to his 3 last game. He has to be the worse rebounder at his position in the league i dont understand it... Sorry for all the Amare hate but i really wanted the suns to win this series and for him to possibly sign with the bulls in the summer and he has been atrocious.

J.B.
05-21-2010, 09:02 PM
atleast amare had six rebounds this game compared to his 3 last game. He has to be the worse rebounder at his position in the league i dont understand it... Sorry for all the Amare hate but i really wanted the suns to win this series and for him to possibly sign with the bulls in the summer and he has been atrocious.

He's hardly the worst rebounding PF in the league, so just stop it. :laugh:

You are acting as if 2 games or even one series against the LAKERS is going to change anything come free agency. Also, if you want to see him on the Bulls, then why so much hate? :laugh: I would actually love it if he were on the Bulls, because the Bulls and Suns are like my two favorite teams in all of sports. Still, I think the Bulls are focusing their efforts on Wade or Lebron first and foremost. I think Bosh will move, but I will be surprised if Amar'e leaves Phoenix for anywhere but Miami, and only if they keep Wade.

bj44
05-21-2010, 09:08 PM
He's hardly the worst rebounding PF in the league, so just stop it. :laugh:

You are acting as if 2 games or even one series against the LAKERS is going to change anything come free agency. Also, if you want to see him on the Bulls, then why so much hate? :laugh: I would actually love it if he were on the Bulls, because the Bulls and Suns are like my two favorite teams in all of sports. Still, I think the Bulls are focusing their efforts on Wade or Lebron first and foremost. I think Bosh will move, but I will be surprised if Amar'e leaves Phoenix for anywhere but Miami, and only if they keep Wade.

He averaging six rebounds a game for the playoffs.. If hes not the worst hes up there... Tom Chambers was a better rebounding pf :laugh:... I dont know if your suns fan knoledge goes that far back lol.

I dont even want Lebron on the Bulls I hate him with a passion... Wade would be great though :)

J.B.
05-21-2010, 09:20 PM
He averaging six rebounds a game for the playoffs.. If hes not the worst hes up there... Tom Chambers was a better rebounding pf :laugh:... I dont know if your suns fan knoledge goes that far back lol.

I dont even want Lebron on the Bulls I hate him with a passion... Wade would be great though :)

I know all about Tom Chambers.

Amar'e is actually 3rd in offensive rebounds for the playoffs, ahead of Lamar Odom who is 4th, and Dwight Howard who is 10th. I'm only naming guys on the list who are still in the playoffs too. Guess who is ranked number 1? Pau Gasol. His defensive rebounding is mid-range just as it has been all season. I can name some pretty good names who are way below Stoudimire in overall rebounding too, like Dirk Nowitzki for instance.

I would love to see Wade on the Bulls, because I am always a big fan of seeing the hometown guys play for the teams in their cities, but anybody who says they wouldn't take LeBron James is either lying or crazy. :laugh:

eric84
05-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Amare definitely needs to step it up on his rebounding and D, but there is plenty of blame to go around. Transition D for ALL the suns has been horrible, and Frye's shooting is just....... yea it's that bad right now. Also LA is just making everything they throw up right now, so it's easy to pick the D apart when everyone is on fire. Hoping home court gives us something new.

J.B.
05-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Amare definitely needs to step it up on his rebounding and D, but there is plenty of blame to go around. Transition D for ALL the suns has been horrible, and Frye's shooting is just....... yea it's that bad right now. Also LA is just making everything they throw up right now, so it's easy to pick the D apart when everyone is on fire. Hoping home court gives us something new.

We can't be too upset no matter what happens.

At the beginning of the season many of the experts didn't even think we could make the playoffs, now we are 8 wins away from a title. Of course I want to see us win and play better, but there is not much shame in getting beat by this Lakers team.

J.B.
05-24-2010, 03:20 AM
On second thought....I hope everybody does keep talking trash about Amar'e.

42 points and 11 rebounds sounds good to me. :)

Although now the reports are that he said he's not sure if he will stay in Phoenix after this season, even if they offer him a max-deal. :sad:

I will really be sad to see him go if he does decide to leave.

flo
05-24-2010, 03:27 AM
WOOHOO!!

The comeback begins!!

:happydancing:

eric84
05-24-2010, 08:47 PM
On second thought....I hope everybody does keep talking trash about Amar'e.

42 points and 11 rebounds sounds good to me. :)

Although now the reports are that he said he's not sure if he will stay in Phoenix after this season, even if they offer him a max-deal. :sad:

I will really be sad to see him go if he does decide to leave.

Amare likes to make waves, hopefully this is all there is to it. I just don't see why he would go somewhere else, he gets a good amount of touches, easy baskets, lopez is developing into a good center, which means Stoudemire won't have to play the 5. Also his team is in the conference finals(and hopefully go onto the finals), with the core of the team staying intact. I just don't see a better offer coming anywhere else for him.

J.B.
05-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Amare likes to make waves, hopefully this is all there is to it. I just don't see why he would go somewhere else, he gets a good amount of touches, easy baskets, lopez is developing into a good center, which means Stoudemire won't have to play the 5. Also his team is in the conference finals(and hopefully go onto the finals), with the core of the team staying intact. I just don't see a better offer coming anywhere else for him.

I hope more than anybody that the Suns and Amar'e come to terms and he stays here, but it's hard to really gauge anything until July comes around and we see how everything pans out around the league.

rearnakedchoke
05-25-2010, 02:22 AM
JB good call on the home crt adv ... they didnt fold like a cheap suit

J.B.
05-26-2010, 03:34 AM
TO WAR!!!!
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100526/capt.47ecdb8a2a9243e5b4d5e85e7b943d30-47ecdb8a2a9243e5b4d5e85e7b943d30-0.jpg

It's a whole new series now! :)

bj44
05-26-2010, 04:40 AM
suns making a series out of it which is great after all the sweeps last round

flo
05-26-2010, 07:21 AM
I knew they'd tie it up!!

:w00t:

J.B.
05-26-2010, 04:44 PM
The look on their faces when Soarin-Goron Dragic blew past Fisher and Odom for another easy basket is priceless.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/lopez.png

billwilliams70
05-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Well, I certainly didn't see this happening. I thought that Phoenix would win one game at home and then LA would win the next two.

Later.

VCURamFan
05-27-2010, 02:22 PM
The look on their faces when Soarin-Goron Dragic blew past Fisher and Odom for another easy basket is priceless.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/lopez.png
Man, if I weren't already locked into Matt's fight in my sig, I'd totally be rocking this pic to support my Suns! :happydancing:

J.B.
05-28-2010, 03:53 AM
Heartbreak hotel....:sad:

bj44
05-28-2010, 04:02 AM
nash was a beast though

J.B.
05-28-2010, 04:06 AM
nash was a beast though

:sad: Right now, I don't care...

Ron Artest? Are you serious? :angry:

bj44
05-28-2010, 04:43 AM
:sad: Right now, I don't care...

Ron Artest? Are you serious? :angry:

whats up with teams not boxing out on kobe last second shots.. First the thunder now the suns. This was the suns golden opportunity IMO and they probably just blew it

J.B.
05-28-2010, 05:39 AM
whats up with teams not boxing out on kobe last second shots.. First the thunder now the suns. This was the suns golden opportunity IMO and they probably just blew it

Brother....sometimes there is just NO answer for Kobe.

You don't lock in on him and they screw you in the ass...

You lock in on him and HE screws you in the ass....

There is NO way to contain Kobe Bryant, we can only hope to contain the rest of the Lakers.

BUT WE DIDN'T GET BEAT BY BIG GAY BRYANT, WE GOT BEAT BY BIG GAY RON!!! :laugh:

J.B.
05-28-2010, 05:44 AM
For the record F**K all you Laker fans who thought Phoenix was a pushover.

rearnakedchoke
05-28-2010, 01:37 PM
that was a heart breaker ... man ..

Miss Foxy
05-28-2010, 03:44 PM
For the record F**K all you Laker fans who thought Phoenix was a pushover.

Those are some very harsh words I would never expect you to say....:unsure:

VCURamFan
05-28-2010, 04:28 PM
He's only talking to you if you thought we were a bunch of push-overs. If you were smart enough to know we'd battle, then you're fine.

billwilliams70
05-28-2010, 05:29 PM
that was a heart breaker ... man ..
No it wasn't. I was pretty happy with the end result.

Later.

Miss Foxy
05-28-2010, 07:10 PM
No it wasn't. I was pretty happy with the end result.

Later.

Likewise.. Both teams played their hearts out.. Very good game.. I am rooting for my Lakers!! However if the Suns happen to win I am still gonna root for the West Coast~!

J.B.
05-28-2010, 07:27 PM

I apologize for the language, my emotions got to me.

It's nothing personal Foxy, I was a bit irritated last night, and I still am today for that matter :laugh

It drives me nuts to listen to all the media and Lakers fans act like this series is already over, and they have been doing it since after game 2, nobody on here really, just in general.

Miss Foxy
05-28-2010, 07:36 PM
I apologize for the language, my emotions got to me.

It's nothing personal Foxy, I was a bit irritated last night, and I still am today for that matter :laugh

It drives me nuts to listen to all the media and Lakers fans act like this series is already over, and they have been doing it since after game 2, nobody on here really, just in general.

Oh JB I didnt take it personal at all.. What I really meant was you never get heated up like that it was definitely unlike you.. lol. Totally understandable!! That's how I felt being a Saints fan for the past few years everyone always knocked us and I would get so damn mad!!!

J.B.
05-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Oh JB I didnt take it personal at all.. What I really meant was you never get heated up like that it was definitely unlike you.. lol. Totally understandable!! That's how I felt being a Saints fan for the past few years everyone always knocked us and I would get so damn mad!!!

If it had been Kobe, I probably wouldn't be so upset, but Artest? He just got done screwing up two possessions before that for LA and he shouldn't even have been on the court for all intents and purposes.

It was like somebody came in and ripped a big hole in our hot air balloon. :laugh:

VCURamFan
05-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Please, I don't wanna hear it. I'm a Raiders fan. Even when the Lions went 0-16, the talking heads were still saying that we were the team that didn't deserve to be in the NFL anymore. :muttering:

I friggin' hate Skip Gayless :punch:

J.B.
05-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Only the beginning of the 2nd quarter and this is already a shootout....

Artest shot the ball very well in the first, and let me just say that if Ron Artest ends up being the man that ultimately beats us....I will "cry for Steve" :laugh:

No seriously, this ain't right...:unsure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcZaf8LAxvI

J.B.
05-30-2010, 03:27 AM
Congratulations Lakers fans.

Kobe will prove why he's the best in the world today once again, it just sucks it had to be at our expense.

flo
05-30-2010, 05:28 AM
No seriously, this ain't right...:unsure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcZaf8LAxvI

:scared0015:

J.B.
05-30-2010, 06:44 AM
:scared0015:

He cries for Mike....

I cry for humans who have heard that garbage....

And I LOVE Mike....:laugh:

flo
05-30-2010, 09:58 PM
hmm, I couldn't listen to more than 10 seconds...he needs to stick to basketball...

Well, I'm sorry Phoenix didn't pull it off. Guess it's the rapist and the Lakers vs Celtics.

Go Boston!

:happydancing:

flo
05-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Wasn't Artest the guy who attacked the wrong fan in New Fallujah...er, I mean Detroit?

That incident was the tipping point that soured me on pro basketball after being a long-time, ardent fan of the sport. I started getting into college instead; it's just this last year that I've started watching NBA again, I still think it's the thug league (with a few exceptions, naturally).

J.B.
05-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Wasn't Artest the guy who attacked the wrong fan in New Fallujah...er, I mean Detroit?

That incident was the tipping point that soured me on pro basketball after being a long-time, ardent fan of the sport. I started getting into college instead; it's just this last year that I've started watching NBA again, I still think it's the thug league (with a few exceptions, naturally).

Yeah, but you know what...I think Artest had every right to beat the crap out of that guy. Obviously it's not the most professional way to respond, but fans are idiots and they were throwing things at him. I'm not sure if he went after the wrong guy or not, but a lot of fans ended up getting charged in that incident and it cost Artest close to 7 million dollars, so I think he paid more than the price for that.

bj44
05-31-2010, 12:26 AM
who you guys got in the finals? I think the lakers are better and the celtics are worse on paper then 2 years ago.. Lakers in 7!!!!

J.B.
05-31-2010, 12:48 AM
I gotta say Lakers, but Rajon Rondo is the boss. I am still miffed that we passed him up.

bj44
05-31-2010, 01:23 AM
I gotta say Lakers, but Rajon Rondo is the boss. I am still miffed that we passed him up.

so he could be a backup to nash for 5 years??? lol

J.B.
05-31-2010, 01:30 AM
so he could be a backup to nash for 5 years??? lol

Well, in that scenario, Nash could run 2 guard from time to time.

Nash is still a great jump-shooter who can drive the lane, and that would create some match-up problems for some teams.

I get what your saying though. Rondo is definitely a full time starter, and Nash is a natural point guard so eventually somebody would be cutting into somebody else's minutes.

bj44
05-31-2010, 01:53 AM
Well, in that scenario, Nash could run 2 guard from time to time.

Nash is still a great jump-shooter who can drive the lane, and that would create some match-up problems for some teams.

I get what your saying though. Rondo is definitely a full time starter, and Nash is a natural point guard so eventually somebody would be cutting into somebody else's minutes.

I think Rondo has looked good because of his point guard opposition so far tis playoffs... chalmers/arroyo, mo williams, and Jameer are all terrible defensive point guards... Lucky for Rondo hes facing the leagues slowest most incompetent point guard defender in the finals in Derek fisher... I like how fisher can get burned all game and be a big reason his team is losing then hit a big three and the end and be a hero.. I hate him!!! :laugh:

flo
05-31-2010, 02:21 AM
JB, I have to respectfully disagree and here's why. The fan that threw the drink on him was wrong and should have been banned from ever attending another game and prosecuted by the Indiana Pacers or the Pistons.

But I expect a professional athlete at that level to have some restraint. It's not like he got punched or kicked (which Artest did both, to the wrong guy!). Security should have and would have taken care of the matter. Bad behavior doesn't merit or justify more bad behavior.

I think it's pivotal in our society that we strive for temperance and dignity.

Just my two cents worth. :)

J.B.
05-31-2010, 02:36 AM
JB, I have to respectfully disagree and here's why. The fan that threw the drink on him was wrong and should have been banned from ever attending another game and prosecuted by the Indiana Pacers or the Pistons.

But I expect a professional athlete at that level to have some restraint. It's not like he got punched or kicked (which Artest did both, to the wrong guy!). Security should have and would have taken care of the matter. Bad behavior doesn't merit or justify more bad behavior.

I think it's pivotal in our society that we strive for temperance and dignity.

Just my two cents worth. :)

I understand that point, but let's not forget that Artest was the one who had just gotten hit by Ben Wallace and was trying to recover when fans started throwing crap at him. Emotions were running high, and it was Wallace who was out of line in the first place, and those fans were defending him solely because he was a member of the Pistons.

There is no doubt that Artest acted unprofessionally, but in a way I can understand it. Too many fans, in all of professional sports, are complete and total morons who get totally wasted and act like jackasses or feel they have a high sense of entitlement because they bought a ticket or a jersey. Now, he may have went at the wrong guy, which is also unfortunate, but I can understand his state of mind.

Believe me, I'm not one to go out of my way to defend Ron Artest. Here is a guy who used to walk down Madison avenue from the United Center to a liquor store so he could keep a bottle of Hennessy in his locker when he played for the Chicago Bulls. However, I think it's important to note that Artest paid a much heavier price than the average person would pay. $7 million dollars is a lot of money for a simple case of assault. :laugh:

J.B.
05-31-2010, 02:39 AM
I think Rondo has looked good because of his point guard opposition so far tis playoffs... chalmers/arroyo, mo williams, and Jameer are all terrible defensive point guards... Lucky for Rondo hes facing the leagues slowest most incompetent point guard defender in the finals in Derek fisher... I like how fisher can get burned all game and be a big reason his team is losing then hit a big three and the end and be a hero.. I hate him!!! :laugh:

The matchups have definitely favored Rondo this post-season, but the guy is definitely legit.

Boston is a good team though, I mean when Tony Allen is basically your 8th best player, you are in pretty good shape.:laugh:

bj44
05-31-2010, 02:51 AM
The matchups have definitely favored Rondo this post-season, but the guy is definitely legit.

Boston is a good team though, I mean when Tony Allen is basically your 8th best player, you are in pretty good shape.:laugh:

8th best? you better not have sheed better then him lol

I think there bench was better 2 years ago with posey, pj brown, eddie house and leon powe

J.B.
05-31-2010, 04:15 AM
8th best? you better not have sheed better then him lol

I think there bench was better 2 years ago with posey, pj brown, eddie house and leon powe

I think Rasheed is still a decent role player, definitely not what he used to be in his days in Detroit.

I think it's a bit of a tossup and both benches are what has been Boston's key to success this year and in 2008. Also, don't forget about Sam Cassell on that Celtics team two years ago!

Miss Foxy
06-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Lakers baby!!! #1 player ever Kobe Bryant!! Don't hate!! Im gonna go to LA Live tonight.. :wink:

billwilliams70
06-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Go Lakers! Beat those Celtics!!!

Later.

J.B.
06-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Lakers baby!!! #1 player ever Kobe Bryant!! Don't hate!! Im gonna go to LA Live tonight.. :wink:

No offense, but there is only one player who is the best ever...:)

http://beat.bodoglife.com/wp-content/uploads/michael-jordan.jpg

Miss Foxy
06-03-2010, 10:02 PM
No offense, but there is only one player who is the best ever...:)

http://beat.bodoglife.com/wp-content/uploads/michael-jordan.jpg

J.B.
06-03-2010, 10:17 PM
In a way, I love Kobe and think he is a great player that deserves to win and cement his legacy. However, it's already a big debate about who is better between him and MJ and I don't know how anybody can really think Kobe has surpassed Jordan at this point.

Kobe has proven he can win without Shaq, but he still has basically ALWAYS had a good supporting cast with A-List players in LA. When the Bulls won the first 3 championships the only REAL backup Jordan had was Pippen. That's not to crap on the rest of that squad, but let's call it like it is. When the Lakers got Shaq, they only got him because he took a pay-cut just to get out of Orlando. We may like to think of Shaq as old and broken-down today, but the fact is that Shaq was a beast and is one of the greatest and most dominant players of all time. Shaq took the Magic to the finals, Shaq came to LA and won titles, and he left to Miami and got a title there. He was definitely a linchpin in the Lakers championship runs earlier in the decade.

I'm kinda lazy right now, but later on I will do some digging through stats and make some comparisons. :laugh:

Play The Man
06-04-2010, 03:26 AM

You mean "The Rapist"? What a repugnant human being! Why would you be a fan of such a person? I don't follow basketball; have not for years. However, I sure hope Boston beats the Lakers. One thing is for sure, though, win or lose, you can always count on the L.A. fans to riot after the final game.

J.B.
06-04-2010, 04:17 AM
You mean "The Rapist"? What a repugnant human being! Why would you be a fan of such a person? I don't follow basketball; have not for years.
However, I sure hope Boston beats the Lakers. One thing is for sure, though, win or lose, you can always count on the L.A. fans to riot after the final game.

Be nice to Foxy!

You don't really know what happened. It's not like that would be the first time a celebrity has been extorted for money. The girl's credibility was very shaky at best. She admitted to consenting to hugging and making out with him for 5 minutes and another employee at the hotel said she seemed perfectly fine after the alleged "rape" occurred. She also wore a pair of panties with another man's semen and pubic hair to the rape examination the next day. How many girls do you know that would grab a pair of dirty underwear out of their laundry to wear to a rape exam? Sounds to me like she was trying to make it look like she got violently assaulted by sleeping with another guy right after Kobe. Sure, Kobe was definitely guilty of acting inappropriately, regardless of consent or not, because he is a married man. However, people are always too quick to pass judgment in cases like these. In my opinion, that girl got exactly what she was after, and that is money.

Also, why don't you watch Basketball, if I may ask?

Play The Man
06-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Be nice to Foxy!

You don't really know what happened. It's not like that would be the first time a celebrity has been extorted for money. The girl's credibility was very shaky at best. She admitted to consenting to hugging and making out with him for 5 minutes and another employee at the hotel said she seemed perfectly fine after the alleged "rape" occurred. She also wore a pair of panties with another man's semen and pubic hair to the rape examination the next day. How many girls do you know that would grab a pair of dirty underwear out of their laundry to wear to a rape exam? Sounds to me like she was trying to make it look like she got violently assaulted by sleeping with another guy right after Kobe. Sure, Kobe was definitely guilty of acting inappropriately, regardless of consent or not, because he is a married man. However, people are always too quick to pass judgment in cases like these. In my opinion, that girl got exactly what she was after, and that is money.

Also, why don't you watch Basketball, if I may ask?

No offense meant toward Foxy . . . just toward Kobe Bryant.

I don't want to rehash the salacious details of that trial on Mr. Hughes' website. I wouldn't argue that the accuser was mentally and/or emotionally unstable and wasn't exactly chaste in her personal life to put it charitably; however, I believe she was raped and gave up on the prosecution because of the public pressure. Even if she is lying, based upon Bryant's own statement he essentially admitted to behavior meant to degrade and humiliate another human being (will not mention it on a family friendly forum). If her testimony is correct, he choked her. To be honest, I am tired of our culture being a rotten cesspool and people excusing the most outrageous behavior. I saw a clip yesterday of Marv Albert interviewing President Obama about basketball. Marv Albert! Panty-wearing, back-biting, molester Marv Albert is interviewing the President and everyone pretends that nothing ever happened a few years ago! Hollywood is acting like Roman Polanski should be allowed to escape a child rape charge because he is a famous director. After all, in the words of that great thinker, Whoopi Goldberg: "It wasn't rape-rape" Tiger Woods has more "'ho's" than a golf course has holes (literally) and he is back on the tour with few lost endorsements. Mr. Buick/Nike/TAG Heuer also reportedly has a penchant for choking women. Oh well, he can hit a ball into a hole. I am not saying these men have to be in jail; however, they should at least be shunned by the decent people in society. They shouldn't have "fans".

To be consistent and fair, J.B., I think that if you are going to complain that people are "too quick to pass judgment", you shouldn't pass judgment in the next sentence by saying the accuser made an accusation because she was after money. As you said earlier, we don't know what happened. Although, I do find it strange that Bryant would issue an apology to the accuser. If I was an innocent person and was accused of a heinous crime, I would demand that the accuser be prosecuted for making false accusations.

I don't follow any sports besides MMA. I will probably stop following MMA when Matt Hughes retires. The NBA, NFL and MLB have so many teams and so many games and so many players that it takes a lot of time to follow the sport with any kind of knowledge. It is too much of a time commitment for me at this stage of my life. I would rather read a book or take a walk or play with my kids.

Play The Man
06-04-2010, 08:41 AM
In the above post, no offense meant toward J.B. . . . just toward Kobe Bryant. As I mentioned, I believe the guy is guilty and it bothers me that he is cheered by thousands almost every night of his life.

J.B.
06-04-2010, 08:47 AM
No offense meant toward Foxy . . . just toward Kobe Bryant.

I don't want to rehash the salacious details of that trial on Mr. Hughes' website. I wouldn't argue that the accuser was mentally and/or emotionally unstable and wasn't exactly chaste in her personal life to put it charitably; however, I believe she was raped and gave up on the prosecution because of the public pressure. Even if she is lying, based upon Bryant's own statement he essentially admitted to behavior meant to degrade and humiliate another human being (will not mention it on a family friendly forum). If her testimony is correct, he choked her. To be honest, I am tired of our culture being a rotten cesspool and people excusing the most outrageous behavior. I saw a clip yesterday of Marv Albert interviewing President Obama about basketball. Marv Albert! Panty-wearing, back-biting, molester Marv Albert is interviewing the President and everyone pretends that nothing ever happened a few years ago! Hollywood is acting like Roman Polanski should be allowed to escape a child rape charge because he is a famous director. After all, in the words of that great thinker, Whoopi Goldberg: "It wasn't rape-rape" Tiger Woods has more "'ho's" than a golf course has holes (literally) and he is back on the tour with few lost endorsements. Mr. Buick/Nike/TAG Heuer also reportedly has a penchant for choking women. Oh well, he can hit a ball into a hole. I am not saying these men have to be in jail; however, they should at least be shunned by the decent people in society. They shouldn't have "fans".

To be consistent and fair, J.B., I think that if you are going to complain that people are "too quick to pass judgment", you shouldn't pass judgment in the next sentence by saying the accuser made an accusation because she was after money. As you said earlier, we don't know what happened. Although, I do find it strange that Bryant would issue an apology to the accuser. If I was an innocent person and was accused of a heinous crime, I would demand that the accuser be prosecuted for making false accusations.

I don't follow any sports besides MMA. I will probably stop following MMA when Matt Hughes retires. The NBA, NFL and MLB have so many teams and so many games and so many players that it takes a lot of time to follow the sport with any kind of knowledge. It is too much of a time commitment for me at this stage of my life. I would rather read a book or take a walk or play with my kids.

The details are there for all to see with the use of google, and this situation and the Roman Polanski case are two completely different things. I never said that people couldn't have their own opinions, but I do think that too often judgment is passed quickly on celebrities who get caught up in scandals. I look at the details and formulate my own opinions based on the knowledge available to me in each specific case. So talking about Marv Albert, Tiger Woods, or even Ben Rothlisburger, has no bearing on my opinions in this case.

Bryant did release a statement, but you are a smart guy, and it's pretty clear that the statement he released was after she filed a separate civil-suit. I don't think she gave up on prosecuting, I think she was after money. She could have filed a civil lawsuit after going through with testifying against him in criminal court.

Now, just to be clear, I absolutely agree that what Kobe did was wrong on many levels, I'm just not sold on him actually "raping" her. It may not be concrete logic that proves his innocence, but I don't see it with Kobe given all the access and money he has. That guy could have 10 women in his hotel room with a phone-call and he goes and rapes a hotel clerk out of the blue? Add that up with all the questionable reports about the "victim" and I'm just not buying it. Of course there are other cases, like Polanski, where I absolutely think that people are trying to give the person a free pass based on their celebrity status.

As for other sports, I understand what you are saying. It is a lot to keep up with. The reason I asked was because I know a lot of people have said they are specifically turned off by the NBA because they perceive the league as being filled with a bunch of thugs and, while that is true of all sports leagues, there really are some great athletes in the NBA who are "good guys" and they don't get as much praise as they should. :)

J.B.
06-04-2010, 08:49 AM
In the above post, no offense meant toward J.B. . . . just toward Kobe Bryant. As I mentioned, I believe the guy is guilty and it bothers me that he is cheered by thousands almost every night of his life.

None taken at all! :)

We can respectfully disagree. It's not like either of us know one way or the other, it's just a matter of opinion.

BTW, I'm a die hard Phoenix Suns fan, so I will be happy to see Kobe go away sooner rather than later too! :laugh:

Miss Foxy
06-04-2010, 05:07 PM
You mean "The Rapist"? What a repugnant human being! Why would you be a fan of such a person? I don't follow basketball; have not for years. However, I sure hope Boston beats the Lakers. One thing is for sure, though, win or lose, you can always count on the L.A. fans to riot after the final game.

I can easily follow him!! He was not even charged with rape so go make your own thread to hate on him..

billwilliams70
06-04-2010, 05:23 PM
I can easily follow him!! He was not even charged with rape so go make your own thread to hate on him..
Ditto.

Now....back to our regularly scheduled program.

The Lakers dominated the Celtics inside last night. Good game by Gasol and Artest showed why he was brought in.

I look for the same in Game 2.

Later.

Miss Foxy
06-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Ditto.

Now....back to our regularly scheduled program.

The Lakers dominated the Celtics inside last night. Good game by Gasol and Artest showed why he was brought in.

I look for the same in Game 2.

Later.

Yup Ron Ron was the bombay!!! I enjoyed Browns perfomance as well... Glad stupid Paul Pierce got shutup!! haha..:tongue0011:

J.B.
06-04-2010, 06:55 PM
You can tell Kobe wants this one bad.

He don't want people thinking he couldn't beat Boston. :laugh:

bj44
06-04-2010, 07:46 PM
In a way, I love Kobe and think he is a great player that deserves to win and cement his legacy. However, it's already a big debate about who is better between him and MJ and I don't know how anybody can really think Kobe has surpassed Jordan at this point.

Kobe has proven he can win without Shaq, but he still has basically ALWAYS had a good supporting cast with A-List players in LA. When the Bulls won the first 3 championships the only REAL backup Jordan had was Pippen. That's not to crap on the rest of that squad, but let's call it like it is. When the Lakers got Shaq, they only got him because he took a pay-cut just to get out of Orlando. We may like to think of Shaq as old and broken-down today, but the fact is that Shaq was a beast and is one of the greatest and most dominant players of all time. Shaq took the Magic to the finals, Shaq came to LA and won titles, and he left to Miami and got a title there. He was definitely a linchpin in the Lakers championship runs earlier in the decade.

I'm kinda lazy right now, but later on I will do some digging through stats and make some comparisons. :laugh:

disagree completely....... Thats like saying all Kobe has is gasol.... Ok first of all pippen is better then gasol and is possibly the best perimeter defender of all time and led the team in assist 2/3 of those championship years... Horace grant is just as good of a low post defender as atrest is a p[ermeter defender at this stage and scored more points... Packson and bj could both hit the open j which is all fisher does plus they had the best 3 point shooter ever in craig hodges coming off the bench....Bynum is better then an old cartwright but the bulls also have will purdue off the bench which is better then any backup center the lakers have. Besides Odom the lakers bench is horrible.

anyway that bulls team was a great team even without jordan... They won 50 games the year after jordan retired... Jordan is the best player of all time but if he didnt have a great team around him he was getting swept by the celtics and losing 3 straight years to the bad boys!!!

J.B.
06-04-2010, 08:44 PM
disagree completely....... Thats like saying all Kobe has is gasol.... Ok first of all pippen is better then gasol and is possibly the best perimeter defender of all time and led the team in assist 2/3 of those championship years... Horace grant is just as good of a low post defender as atrest is a p[ermeter defender at this stage and scored more points... Packson and bj could both hit the open j which is all fisher does plus they had the best 3 point shooter ever in craig hodges coming off the bench....Bynum is better then an old cartwright but the bulls also have will purdue off the bench which is better then any backup center the lakers have. Besides Odom the lakers bench is horrible.

anyway that bulls team was a great team even without jordan... They won 50 games the year after jordan retired... Jordan is the best player of all time but if he didnt have a great team around him he was getting swept by the celtics and losing 3 straight years to the bad boys!!!

That Bulls team won 50 games without Jordan, but WITH Pippen putting up 22 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, and 3 steals per game. Plus, they already had TONS of chemistry after winning 3 championships. Chemistry can take you a long way, just ask this year's Phoenix Suns team.

I'm wasn't saying that to downgrade Grant, Paxson, Hodges, Armstrong, or any other previous Bulls player. However, Scottie Pippen is an A-list player. He is on another level than those guys, and that is what I meant by "real backup" (probably a poor choice of words now that I look back at it, but nonetheless). I never said they were scrubs, nor do I think that, and you could arguably put Horace Grant right on the line of being A-list too.

Now, I see you comparing Gasol to Pippen, Bynum to Cartwright, and Fisher to B.J. and Paxson... but what about the fact that those first championships with Kobe on the Lakers had guys like Shaq, Glen Rice, Derek Fisher, and even Horace Grant and Ron Harper were on board for a bit. Then they had role players like Robert Horry, Isaiah Rider, and even Mitch Ritchmond. Not to mention the fact that they brought in Karl Malone and Gary Payton in 2003 and still lost to the Pistons in the finals.

It's a matter of opinion, and it's a toss up in some respects, but I happen to think that Kobe has been catered to with a better supporting cast during his whole career than Jordan was.

J.B.
06-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Oh yeah, it also helps that L.A. stole Jordan's head coach! :laugh:

bj44
06-04-2010, 09:03 PM
That Bulls team won 50 games without Jordan, but WITH Pippen putting up 22 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, and 3 steals per game. Plus, they already had TONS of chemistry after winning 3 championships. Chemistry can take you a long way, just ask this year's Phoenix Suns team.

I'm wasn't saying that to downgrade Grant, Paxson, Hodges, Armstrong, or any other previous Bulls player. However, Scottie Pippen is an A-list player. He is on another level than those guys, and that is what I meant by "real backup" (probably a poor choice of words now that I look back at it, but nonetheless). I never said they were scrubs, nor do I think that, and you could arguably put Horace Grant right on the line of being A-list too.

Now, I see you comparing Gasol to Pippen, Bynum to Cartwright, and Fisher to B.J. and Paxson... but what about the fact that those first championships with Kobe on the Lakers had guys like Shaq, Glen Rice, Derek Fisher, and even Horace Grant and Ron Harper were on board for a bit. Then they had role players like Robert Horry, Isaiah Rider, and even Mitch Ritchmond. Not to mention the fact that they brought in Karl Malone and Gary Payton in 2003 and still lost to the Pistons in the finals.

It's a matter of opinion, and it's a toss up in some respects, but I happen to think that Kobe has been catered to with a better supporting cast during his whole career than Jordan was.

oh no doubt his first 3 peat team was stacked but thats not the same kobe. He was second fiddle to shaq... well they were kind of like 1a shaq and 1B kobe but shaq won finals mvp all 3 years. Now kobes the man and he has taken his team to the finals 3 straight years without shaq... To top it off Jordans team around him the first 3 peat is comparable but the second 3 peat specificly in 96-97 blows kobes out the water....

96 bulls vs 09 lakers

Ron harper > Derek fisher (comparable scorer way better defender with more size)

pippen>>>>> artest (better at everything except maybe post defense)

Gasol> Rodman (this is the one matchup where the lakers have a semi big advantage)

Bynum> Longely ( believe it or not i dont see this as a huge advantage for the lakers... Bynum struggles when hes up against another big body.

Kukoc > odom (similiar skillsets, tony is more consistent and is a better shooter)

kerr, wennington, brown, buchler> farmar, brown, vuajic, walton (not even close)

So lets not say Kobe always had better players around him...not saying you did but alot of people make that argument

J.B.
06-04-2010, 09:25 PM
oh no doubt his first 3 peat team was stacked but thats not the same kobe. He was second fiddle to shaq... well they were kind of like 1a shaq and 1B kobe but shaq won finals mvp all 3 years. Now kobes the man and he has taken his team to the finals 3 straight years without shaq... To top it off Jordans team around him the first 3 peat is comparable but the second 3 peat specificly in 96-97 blows kobes out the water....

96 bulls vs 09 lakers

Ron harper > Derek fisher (comparable scorer way better defender with more size)

pippen>>>>> artest (better at everything except maybe post defense)

Gasol> Rodman (this is the one matchup where the lakers have a semi big advantage)

Bynum> Longely ( believe it or not i dont see this as a huge advantage for the lakers... Bynum struggles when hes up against another big body.

Kukoc > odom (similiar skillsets, tony is more consistent and is a better shooter)

kerr,, wennington, brown, buchler> farmar, brown, vuajic, walton (not even close)

So lets not say Kobe always had better players around him (not saying you did but alot of people make that argument

You are pretty much spot in your comparisons from 96 and 09, but I still think Rodman in his hey day is capable of giving just about anybody a tough time on defense.

Regardless of the fact that the second run of the Bulls was a deeper squad, who obviously was the best team in history considering how badly they trolled everybody in the regular season and usually by about 20 or more points, I still think that Bryant has been catered too more than Jordan was.

Sure, that was a young Kobe playing second fiddle to Shaq, but by 2002 he was outscoring Shaq in the regular season, and the difference in PPG in the previous years was minimal with both men averaging in the mid-high 20's. Also, yes, Kobe did skip college, but the Lakers put their stock in Kobe from the beginning. They traded away Vlade Divac to get the draft rights to a kid (Kobe) who was only 17 years old. So clearly, Jerry West knew there was something special about him, and the organization has completely catered to him in terms of the talent they bring on around him since day one. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing though, it's what any smart team should do, and the Bulls definitely catered to Jordan, I just think that after seeing how it was done in Chicago with Jordan, they have always tried to go the extra mile in L.A. with Bryant. Like I mentioned before, Karl Malone and Gary Payton. Are you friggin kidding me? I know they were old, but they should have gotten the job done.

I think this debate over the two guys is going to be going on the rest of our lives! :laugh:

billwilliams70
06-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Oh yeah, it also helps that L.A. stole Jordan's head coach! :laugh:
What?

Well, Sunday's game didn't go as I thought it would. I look for this series to go seven games without either team winning two in a row.

Later.

VCURamFan
06-08-2010, 08:27 PM
What?

Well, Sunday's game didn't go as I thought it would. I look for this series to go seven games without either team winning two in a row.

Later.
I prefer Rondo's take on it. :wink:

J.B.
06-08-2010, 08:39 PM
What?

Later.

Phil Jackson was the coach of the Bulls.

If the Lakers lose this series to Boston, I sincerely hope that it puts all the Kobe is better than Jordan nonsense to rest for the time being.

billwilliams70
06-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Phil Jackson was the coach of the Bulls.

If the Lakers lose this series to Boston, I sincerely hope that it puts all the Kobe is better than Jordan nonsense to rest for the time being.
Yeah, but the Lakers didn't STEAL him from the Bulls. If my memory serves me, Jackson was retired when the Lakers hired him, he took a year off and was hired by the Lakers.

Now.....when the Lakers beat Boston, are the Kobe/Jordan comparisons legit?

My big question....How the heck does Ray Allen set the NBA record for most 3s in a finals game in one game only to go 0 for 13 in the next? :scared0015:

Later.

Miss Foxy
06-09-2010, 03:34 PM
A fish named Derek ate the Celtics!!! Woot woot!! So glad to shut them fans up!!!:happydancing:

billwilliams70
06-09-2010, 03:55 PM
A fish named Derek ate the Celtics!!! Woot woot!! So glad to shut them fans up!!!:happydancing:
True, very true.

Later.

billwilliams70
06-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Tough loss last night. Shrek & Donkey played extremely well off of the bench for Boston. Time for L.A. to regroup and focus on the next game, can't go down 3-2 headin' home.

Later.

Miss Foxy
06-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Tough loss last night. Shrek & Donkey played extremely well off of the bench for Boston. Time for L.A. to regroup and focus on the next game, can't go down 3-2 headin' home.

Later.

Lmao!! Shrek n donkey!! That's a good one!! True we aint gonna lose at home!!!

J.B.
06-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah, but the Lakers didn't STEAL him from the Bulls. If my memory serves me, Jackson was retired when the Lakers hired him, he took a year off and was hired by the Lakers.

Now.....when the Lakers beat Boston, are the Kobe/Jordan comparisons legit?

My big question....How the heck does Ray Allen set the NBA record for most 3s in a finals game in one game only to go 0 for 13 in the next? :scared0015:

Later.

I could be wrong, but isn't Jackson sleeping with the owners daughter? :laugh:

As for the Lakes beating Boston, we can cross that bridge if it comes, but even if it happens it still won't validate any of the Bryant fans opinions on him being better than Jordan. So, my short answer would be NO, they are not legit comparisons.

I could post a bunch of stats and use numbers and hypothetical arguments to prove my point, but at this point there is really just ONE statistic that says it all when comparing the two.

Jordan = 6 time champion and 6 time Finals MVP

Kobe = 4 time champion and 1 time Finals MVP

In other words, thank Shaq for those 3 Lakers titles in the earlier part of the last decade.

billwilliams70
06-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Lmao!! Shrek n donkey!! That's a good one!! True we aint gonna lose at home!!!
Robinson is the one that said it in the post-game interview.
I could be wrong, but isn't Jackson sleeping with the owners daughter? :laugh:

As for the Lakes beating Boston, we can cross that bridge if it comes, but even if it happens it still won't validate any of the Bryant fans opinions on him being better than Jordan. So, my short answer would be NO, they are not legit comparisons.

I could post a bunch of stats and use numbers and hypothetical arguments to prove my point, but at this point there is really just ONE statistic that says it all when comparing the two.

Jordan = 6 time champion and 6 time Finals MVP

Kobe = 4 time champion and 1 time Finals MVP

In other words, thank Shaq for those 3 Lakers titles in the earlier part of the last decade.
Yes, Jackson is with the owner's daughter, but that still doesn't mean they "stole" him.

Personally, I don't think that Bryant is better than Jordan. When all is said and done, and both are retired.....Jordan will still get the nod as the greatest of all-time, but Kobe's on the list, that's for sure.

You sound a tad-bit bitter about the Lakers beating those darn Suns.

Later.

J.B.
06-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Robinson is the one that said it in the post-game interview.

Yes, Jackson is with the owner's daughter, but that still doesn't mean they "stole" him.

Personally, I don't think that Bryant is better than Jordan. When all is said and done, and both are retired.....Jordan will still get the nod as the greatest of all-time, but Kobe's on the list, that's for sure.

You sound a tad-bit bitter about the Lakers beating those darn Suns.

Later.

You are bent out of shape because I jokingly said the Lakers stole Phil Jackson, yet you think I'm bitter because I speak the truth? :laugh:

I have already said like a million times that Kobe is the best player in the world today, and one of the greatest of all time. When we had the NBA threads rolling last season I was the one defending Kobe against those who said Lebron is better.

With that being said. It's absolutely true. The Lakers owe 3 of their last 4 titles to Shaq just as much, and even a little more than Kobe Bryant. I give Kobe his props, but putting him in the conversation with Jordan is absurd to me.

Yes, the Lakers beat the Suns. Winning is what you are supposed to do when you are considered the best in the world. I still stand behind my pick that the Lakers will take this series, but if Boston takes another one from you guys nobody will ever forget it.

I'm not bitter or hostile brother, just speaking my mind on the sport. :)

Miss Foxy
06-11-2010, 08:53 PM
You are bent out of shape because I jokingly said the Lakers stole Phil Jackson, yet you think I'm bitter because I speak the truth? :laugh:

I have already said like a million times that Kobe is the best player in the world today, and one of the greatest of all time. When we had the NBA threads rolling last season I was the one defending Kobe from against those who said Lebron is better.

With that being said. It's absolutely true. The Lakers owe 3 of their last 4 titles to Shaq just as much, and even a little more than Kobe Bryant. I give Kobe his props, but putting him in the conversation with Jordan is absurd to me.

Yes, the Lakers beat the Suns. Winning is what you are supposed to do when you are considered the best in the world. I still stand behind my pick that the Lakers will take this series, but if Boston takes another one from you guys nobody will ever forget it.

I'm not bitter or hostile brother, just speaking my mind on the sport. :)I don't agree with the Shaq comment..:blink: Uggg he was the worst thing to ever contaminate LA not that the smog doesnt already:laugh:

J.B.
06-11-2010, 09:50 PM
I don't agree with the Shaq comment..:blink: Uggg he was the worst thing to ever contaminate LA not that the smog doesnt already:laugh:

Shaq is a great humanitarian, on top of being one of the most dominant players in league history. Sorry to say it Foxy, but it's true, the Lakers wouldn't have won those first 3 without Shaq. Not to mention the fact that he came and played for you guys at a discount when he could have taken max money from anybody else in the league.

billwilliams70
06-12-2010, 03:52 PM

I have already said like a million times that Kobe is the best player in the world today, and one of the greatest of all time. When we had the NBA threads rolling last season I was the one defending Kobe against those who said Lebron is better.

I'm not bitter or hostile brother, just speaking my mind on the sport. :)
I didn't get bent out of shape, I just didn't see the humor in it, that's all.

Later.

bj44
06-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't agree with the Shaq comment..:blink: Uggg he was the worst thing to ever contaminate LA not that the smog doesnt already:laugh:

shaq won you guys 3 titles... just cus he gopt old and wasnt as good of a player later doesnt take anything away from him.

Shaq won finals MVP all 3 times during there 3 peat.... Kobe was his sidekick

J.B.
06-14-2010, 03:34 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/notkobe.png

BTW, that is not a rip on the Lakers or anything, I just find it amusing.

VCURamFan
06-15-2010, 10:32 PM
I still pick Steve Nash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL4kvMj4sKc&feature=popular

J.B.
06-15-2010, 11:16 PM
I still pick Steve Nash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL4kvMj4sKc&feature=popular

I just saw that on that on the news this morning. Good stuff.

They had Steve live from the World Cup because he is there reporting for CBS Sports. The morning anchor-woman made a comment to the degree of "We know Steve loves soccer, so he shouldn't be too bummed now about losing to the Lakers".... - what a b**h :laugh:

Also, in other Phoenix Suns news, it was announced today that Steve Kerr will no longer be the GM of the Suns.

VCURamFan
06-16-2010, 12:56 AM
I just saw that on that on the news this morning. Good stuff.

They had Steve live from the World Cup because he is there reporting for CBS Sports. The morning anchor-woman made a comment to the degree of "We know Steve loves soccer, so he shouldn't be too bummed now about losing to the Lakers".... - what a b**h :laugh:

Also, in other Phoenix Suns news, it was announced today that Steve Kerr will no longer be the GM of the Suns.
Yeah, I saw that. Any ideas as to who they're gonna bring in to replace him?

J.B.
06-16-2010, 01:38 AM
Yeah, I saw that. Any ideas as to who they're gonna bring in to replace him?

I don't know...the word around the campfire is that while Kerr is saying his decision to leave was on good terms and so that he could return to his job as an analyst for TNT, some sources have said that it was Robert Sarver's restrictive budget that made Kerr feel it was impossible to move forward in a manner that would be to Kerr's liking. Something also tells me that the impending decision over Amare Stoudimire could somehow be a factor in all this if Kerr and Sarver were butting heads on what to do with Amare.

J.B.
06-16-2010, 05:54 AM
Game 7 coming up.... it's time for the "Kobe Show".

This is his time to shine bigger than he ever has in his career.

Miss Foxy
06-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Very good game!! Brown looked amazing!! I think its funny big mouth Pierce had not a damn thing to say!!??!! lol!! I guess when you have ref's that aint calling bogus fouls on our Lakers show those Celtics how to ball!!!:laugh:

billwilliams70
06-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Game 7 coming up.... it's time for the "Kobe Show".

This is his time to shine bigger than he ever has in his career.
Will he?

It's also time for the entire Lakers team to play consitent basketball. There have only been two games in this series where one team has dominated the other.....and the Lakers have been on the winning side both times.

I'm looking forward to Thursday and really hope that the Lakers play just as well as they did last night.

GO LAKERS! DOMINATE!

Later.

billwilliams70
06-16-2010, 05:47 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs097.snc4/36218_10150204251485341_144917055340_13223202_1090 825_n.jpg

Miss Foxy
06-16-2010, 05:56 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs097.snc4/36218_10150204251485341_144917055340_13223202_1090 825_n.jpg

You my friend just made my day!!!!!!!! Woot Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydancing::happydancing:

J.B.
06-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Very good game!! Brown looked amazing!! I think its funny big mouth Pierce had not a damn thing to say!!??!! lol!! I guess when you have ref's that aint calling bogus fouls on our Lakers show those Celtics how to ball!!!:laugh:

Thats how home court advantage works in the NBA

billwilliams70
06-16-2010, 07:36 PM
You my friend just made my day!!!!!!!! Woot Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydancing::happydancing:
Here's another cool one:
http://newsroom.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/lakersstars_515.jpg
Lenny Kravitz, Rick Rubin, & Anthony Kiedis. I'm a fan of the Chili Peppers, so I think it's cool anyhow.

Later.

J.B.
06-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Here's another cool one:
http://newsroom.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/lakersstars_515.jpg
Lenny Kravitz, Rick Rubin, & Anthony Kiedis. I'm a fan of the Chili Peppers, so I think it's cool anyhow.

Later.

Kiedis looks hilarious with that stache...

Rubin is an audio genius, but definitely a weird looking guy...

Oh, and there's Lenny! :laugh:

billwilliams70
06-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Kiedis looks hilarious with that stache...
Rubin is an audio genius, but definitely a weird looking guy...
Oh, and there's Lenny! :laugh:
I thought so too!

The guy in front of Rubin looks like Lou Reed.

Also, do you realize that you started this thread in April?!?!?! That's too long for a post-season. I think the first round should go back to a best-of-five series!

Later.

J.B.
06-16-2010, 10:05 PM
I thought so too!

The guy in front of Rubin looks like Lou Reed.

Also, do you realize that you started this thread in April?!?!?! That's too long for a post-season. I think the first round should go back to a best-of-five series!

Later.

I concur, the NBA Playoff can be a lengthy process.

However, I like the 7 game series. It really does show us who the better team is when it's all said and done. Not to mention, the NBA makes a ton of extra cash when a series takes longer to finish.

Something I always thought would be kinda different to see would be a progressive playoff structure in which the opening round was a one and done, and then the matchups would get progressively longer. So, the first round would be one game, the second round would be best of 3, the third round would be best of 5, and the finals would be a 7 game series.

billwilliams70
06-17-2010, 02:25 PM
I concur, the NBA Playoff can be a lengthy process.

However, I like the 7 game series. It really does show us who the better team is when it's all said and done. Not to mention, the NBA makes a ton of extra cash when a series takes longer to finish.

Something I always thought would be kinda different to see would be a progressive playoff structure in which the opening round was a one and done, and then the matchups would get progressively longer. So, the first round would be one game, the second round would be best of 3, the third round would be best of 5, and the finals would be a 7 game series.
That actually sounds like it would be pretty cool.....and it would put a lot of pressure on those top seeds early on.

Later.

Miss Foxy
06-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Lets go our Los Angeles Lakers!!! We shall not lose at home!!!! :tongue0011:

billwilliams70
06-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Lets go our Los Angeles Lakers!!! We shall not lose at home!!!! :tongue0011:
GO LAKERS!!!

J.B.
06-18-2010, 04:00 AM
Wow....Game 7 was seriously like watching a March Madness game, especially at the end. :laugh:

The look on Kobe's face as he was chasing the last wild pass to end the game was priceless.

Then you got Ron Artest...." First, I wanna thank everybody in my hood" :laugh:

Gotta love Artest...:rolleyes::laugh:

Congrats to the L.A. fans! :cool:

J.B.
06-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Somebody is probably already hard at work on Photo-Shopping this pic....the possibilities are virtually endless...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20100618/i/r3485242430.jpg

More photoshop material...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/47/fullj.45307f9074532b38d00c34032b4d83a4/45307f9074532b38d00c34032b4d83a4-getty-bkn-nba-_final-lakers-celtics.jpg

Last but not least, this is just LOL

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/5a/fullj.2bf1a1014fcea087b1aff9a8eb5786c5/2bf1a1014fcea087b1aff9a8eb5786c5-getty-bkn-nba-_final-lakers-celtics.jpg

billwilliams70
06-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Then you got Ron Artest...." First, I wanna thank everybody in my hood" :laugh:
I thought the same thing....pretty funny stuff.

I was on the edge of my seat last night watchin' that game. Very good game defensively.

BACK 2 BACK!!!

Later.

Miss Foxy
06-18-2010, 05:58 PM
I thought the same thing....pretty funny stuff.

I was on the edge of my seat last night watchin' that game. Very good game defensively.

BACK 2 BACK!!!

Later.

For sure!!! Im like having a bomb 2010 for sports!! My SAINTS winning the superbowl, Matt winning in April, and now the LAKERS!!! If only my Dodgers would get it together and win something... :cry:!!! Anyhoots I was highly annoyed at those retards making scenes out there embarrassing us Laker fans!!

billwilliams70
06-18-2010, 06:45 PM
For sure!!! Im like having a bomb 2010 for sports!! My SAINTS winning the superbowl, Matt winning in April, and now the LAKERS!!! If only my Dodgers would get it together and win something... :cry:!!! Anyhoots I was highly annoyed at those retards making scenes out there embarrassing us Laker fans!!
Yeah, I'm not so hip on the Saints (Raiders fan) and Dodgers (Yankees fan).....but I'm glad that our Lakers pulled it out!!!

Later.

Play The Man
06-18-2010, 09:14 PM
One thing is for sure, though, win or lose, you can always count on the L.A. fans to riot after the final game.

Please note that the above quote was made on June 3rd. So predictable!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0134849e955f970c-350wi

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-06/54401653.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/7704/slide_7704_102434_large.jpg?1276895264032

Nice Mexican flag at the riot! Excellent touch! Viva La Raza!

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/7704/slide_7704_102428_large.jpg?1276895343269

http://www.absolutenow.com/mugshots/images/BryantKobe.jpg

Miss Foxy
06-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Please note that the above quote was made on June 3rd. So predictable!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0134849e955f970c-350wi

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-06/54401653.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/7704/slide_7704_102434_large.jpg?1276895264032

Nice Mexican flag at the riot! Excellent touch! Viva La Raza!

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/7704/slide_7704_102428_large.jpg?1276895343269

http://www.absolutenow.com/mugshots/images/BryantKobe.jpg

Dang and just like you trying to be a hater your awfully predictable. Who cares at this point? Don't try to ruin our celebration with your nonsense.. Yes those people are idiots and omg a shame to Mexican-Americans, Kobes mugshot? Still doesnt change the fact that the LAKERS WON!! ... Oh and charges were dropped against Kobe in the good ol USA!!!

J.B.
06-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Dang and just like you trying to be a hater your awfully predictable. Who cares at this point? Don't try to ruin our celebration with your nonsense.. Yes those people are idiots and omg a shame to Mexican-Americans, Kobes mugshot? Still doesnt change the fact that the LAKERS WON!! ... Oh and charges were dropped against Kobe in the good ol USA!!!

Foxy is right PTM.

I knew when I opened the forum today I knew I would see a comment from you about riots in LA.

Kudos to you for making the call, but it's not like anybody couldn't have predicted the same thing. There was also riot police on guard in Boston during the last two games, in case you didn't know.

I get it though PTM, you don't like LA and you don't like Kobe. Neither one are at the top of my list either.:laugh:

J.B.
06-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Ron Artest strikes again with a new single.... :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMiReYj7rhs

I gotta admit, it's much better than his Michael Jackson tribute.

I just can't stop laughing at the thought of Artest saying "I wanna thank my hood, and my psychiatrist" :rotfl:

Miss Foxy
06-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Ron Artest strikes again with a new single.... :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMiReYj7rhs

I gotta admit, it's much better than his Michael Jackson tribute.

I just can't stop laughing at the thought of Artest saying "I wanna thank my hood, and my psychiatrist" :rotfl:

It's called keeping it real gone wrong!! :laugh:

billwilliams70
06-21-2010, 08:54 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs079.ash2/37272_10150207170040341_144917055340_13314998_8173 36_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs016.ash2/34150_10150207266065341_144917055340_13318334_2662 645_n.jpg

Later.

Play The Man
06-26-2010, 05:42 AM
My in-laws returned from a trip to the L.A.-area this week and brought me back a souvenir . . . a 2010 L.A. Lakers Championship t-shirt.:angry:

J.B.
06-26-2010, 10:40 AM
My in-laws returned from a trip to the L.A.-area this week and brought me back a souvenir . . . a 2010 L.A. Lakers Championship t-shirt.:angry:

Now I better understand your disdain for the Lakers!

Miss Foxy
08-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Ohhh saweeeetttt.. Shannon Brown re-signed with the LOS ANGELES LAKERS!!! Yeah baby!! I will wear his and Sasha's jerseys!!!:happydancing:

J.B.
08-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Ohhh saweeeetttt.. Shannon Brown re-signed with the LOS ANGELES LAKERS!!! Yeah baby!! I will wear his and Sasha's jerseys!!!:happydancing:

Bahhh Humbug! :laugh:

Seriously, only the Lakers go out and get better after winning the championship without losing any of their roster :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
08-06-2010, 06:26 PM

Seriously, only the Lakers go out and get better after winning the championship without losing any of their roster :laugh:

if that's what it takes to not allow miami to win, i am all for it .... i don't think they will win, but i just want to make sure ... or maybe shaw will bring a ring to boston before he retires

Miss Foxy
08-06-2010, 06:49 PM

We lost Farmar :sad:, but whatever I am mad at him for leaving.. Uggg.

Miss Foxy
08-06-2010, 06:49 PM
if that's what it takes to not allow miami to win, i am all for it .... i don't think they will win, but i just want to make sure ... or maybe shaw will bring a ring to boston before he retires

I can't wait for Miami to fail!! Sweet victory for me!!!:cool:

J.B.
08-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I can't wait for Miami to fail!! Sweet victory for me!!!:cool:

Miami is most likely going to dominate.

Miss Foxy
08-06-2010, 08:40 PM

Miami is most likely going to dominate.

Lol!! JB ok now the desert heat must have gotten to ya!!:laugh: