PDA

View Full Version : Future Fights - Run at the Belt?

JohnnyB
04-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I just watched the pre-fight press conference for UFC 112, and when they introduced Matt, they mentioned that he was looking to make another run at the title.

Previously, I had the perception that Matt was just looking for "big-name" fights with some sort of background. (i.e. fighting Renzo after beating Royce and Serra, and Renzo beating Pat)

Is there any weight to the "run at the belt" comment, or were they just trying to hype up the press conference? :wink:

And who do you think would be possible opponents or good match-ups for Matt's next fights?

Llamafighter
04-08-2010, 04:05 PM
I just watched the pre-fight press conference for UFC 112, and when they introduced Matt, they mentioned that he was looking to make another run at the title.

Previously, I had the perception that Matt was just looking for "big-name" fights with some sort of background. (i.e. fighting Renzo after beating Royce and Serra, and Renzo beating Pat)

Is there any weight to the "run at the belt" comment, or were they just trying to hype up the press conference? :wink:

And who do you think would be possible opponents or good match-ups for Matt's next fights?

I want to see a rematch with Thiago

MattHughesRocks
04-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Me too and I'd also like to see Matt fight a non-greasy GSP.

CAVEMAN
04-08-2010, 04:43 PM

Definitely!

KevinD
04-08-2010, 04:49 PM
I would love to see a rematch with Alves if it was at 170. none of this coming to the scales 7 pounds over.

CAVEMAN
04-08-2010, 04:51 PM

Not sure about the whole "run at the belt", only Matt can answer that one. However, I believe Matt still has the tools to be Champion again. I do not see anyone at 170 that has a supreme upper hand when fighting him. He is definitely still in the mix! I would like to see another fight with Thiago, I would like to see him fight Fitch and perhaps Kos.