PDA

View Full Version : KFC's Double Down is coming!

Maldonado136
04-05-2010, 07:44 PM
"The new KFC Double Down sandwich is real and it's coming April 12th! This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce. This product is so meaty, there’s no room for a bun!"

http://i39.tinypic.com/2wpnf4g.jpg

http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/

this is a heart attack in a meal! ill probably try it.

Mac
04-05-2010, 10:18 PM
my left arm started to go numb just looking at the picture .

Oddtodd76
04-05-2010, 11:48 PM
kfc chicken and bacon!!!!!!!!
somebody pinch me!!!!!!!!:cry:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TexasRN
04-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I may just have to find a KFC tomorrow night after work just to get this. :unsure-1:

~Amy

Bonnie
04-06-2010, 12:03 AM

:laugh: I was gonna say just go to the drive-thru and head straight to the hospital to get the roto rooter special. :laugh:

Spiritwalker
04-06-2010, 03:45 AM
I wouldn't touch that if you paid me... Looks like the American Heart Association Meal of the Month!!!

Of course.. if they put that crack filled Cole Slaw on it.. I will buy 2!!!

MattHughesRocks
04-06-2010, 03:58 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I wouldn't touch that if you paid me... Looks like the American Heart Association Meal of the Month!!!

Neezar
04-06-2010, 04:34 AM

:laugh:

logrus
04-06-2010, 05:07 PM

So thats why their cole slaw always taste so good. :laugh:

billwilliams70
04-06-2010, 05:33 PM
I saw that today on FB.....Relevant Magazine said "Death Comes on April 12".

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/main/slices/weird/21115-death-comes-on-april-12

Later.

Twinsmama
04-06-2010, 06:09 PM
no way that is way to much bad stuff all together! i wonder how popular they will be? my brothers wife made hamburgers w/ bacon on them the other night. instead of using a bun they used a grill cheese on the top and bottom. reminds me of this thing! the recipe for that thing was something about "heartattack". yuck.

Shoots like a girl
04-06-2010, 06:55 PM
I think its smart! You can spend all your weekly calories right there in that one meal and not have to worry about eating for the rest of the week! Look at how much money you will save at the grocery store! LOL!!

Buzzard
04-07-2010, 05:05 AM
Not much in the way of calories. A bit too much salt and fat in my opinion.

Sandwich Calories Fat (g) Sodium (mg)
KFC Original Recipe® Double Down 540 32 1380
KFC Grilled Double Down 460 23 1430

Looks tasty though. It appears that both the salt and fat levels are below the daily recommended doses by 35 to 50%.

flo
04-07-2010, 06:05 AM

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

donaldbreland
04-07-2010, 07:26 AM
"The new KFC Double Down sandwich is real and it's coming April 12th! This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce. This product is so meaty, there’s no room for a bun!"

http://i39.tinypic.com/2wpnf4g.jpg

http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/

this is a heart attack in a meal! ill probably try it.

So how much is KFC paying you. Help out a brother. I will wrap my Bass Boat with their Logo and a picture of that sammich.

Oddtodd76
04-15-2010, 05:49 PM
just getting ready to take the first bite into the double down. my heart is cringing right now!

matthughesfan21
04-15-2010, 07:16 PM
just getting ready to take the first bite into the double down. my heart is cringing right now!
update?

Oddtodd76
04-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Wow! Good flavor! But, i could not finish it. Waaayyy too much grease for this skinny boy's belly! i got about 3/4 of it down, along with the wedge fries, etc.

if you can handle the grease dripping off your chin, i recommend it. But, this sandwich is not for the timid! my belly will make me pay for it later!
Love the taste....but, prolly won't get it again.
Me and pure grease don't get along. I went through 4 napkins trying to eat it.

jason2130
04-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Wow! Good flavor! But, i could not finish it. Waaayyy too much grease for this skinny boy's belly! i got about 3/4 of it down, along with the wedge fries, etc.

if you can handle the grease dripping off your chin, i recommend it. But, this sandwich is not for the timid! my belly will make me pay for it later!

guess it depends on the KFC, mine wasnt greasy, well no more greasy than anything else from kfc, then again i work out of my truck and live on fast food for the most part so greasy to me might be extreme compared to you :)

if your worried about the health aspect you can get it grilled instead of fried (but honestly if you where that worried about health you prolly wouldnt be at KFC checking out a clump of chicken bacon and cheese :laugh:)

i give it 2 thumbs up, was filling and taste good, no veggies and no bread for a win win

Oddtodd76
04-15-2010, 09:36 PM
i try to eat healthy...not always do, but i try.
so yeah...maybe some hardcore fastfooder can throw it down like a chicken mcNugget, but this widdle boy can't.

flo
04-15-2010, 09:44 PM

ew.

:no:

Buzzard can have mine.

:laugh: :tongue0011:

J.B.
04-15-2010, 09:48 PM
ew.

Buzzard can have mine.

Ditto.

Just looking at that "sandwich" makes me never want to eat fried chicken again.

Chuck
04-15-2010, 10:50 PM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sixtoflorida/photo-10.jpg

Just had mine for lunch today....

Thoughts..... I liked it. Not at all greasy for me. Lot's of chicken flavor.. decent cheese flavor... little light on the bacon.....

HOWEVER........... it's now been several hours since lunch... and I'm feeling quite :sick:

Might be related... might not... either way I could see me having this again but probably on a once a month type basis....

Oddtodd76
04-16-2010, 03:26 AM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sixtoflorida/photo-10.jpg

Just had mine for lunch today....

my sammich didn't look half as healthy as that one. Yours was beautiful!

jason2130
04-16-2010, 08:32 AM
gotta quit checking this post, had another today lol

the ones ive had look like chucks pic, might wanna try a different KFC oddtodd maybe have better luck

Buzzard
04-17-2010, 06:34 AM
ew.

Buzzard can have mine.

That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.:):laugh:

cubsfan47
04-17-2010, 11:04 PM
That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.:):laugh:

:jumping0045::jumping0045:

Bobby71
04-18-2010, 06:56 PM
My gift to this thread http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

NateR
04-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Well, I tried one of these the other day and I was less than impressed with the flavor. But I could tell that the chicken breasts had been cooked earlier, sat around for a while, and were then thrown in the microwave; so the whole sandwich had that bland, searing-hot, nuked taste to it.

So I decided to try another one today and the guy at the drive thru window told me to be careful because the chicken was just out of the frier, which I took as a good sign. The one I had today was much, much better. I can't see these being a regular menu item for me, but it's not the "heart attack in a box" that I was expecting it to be.

On a side note, I also tried one of those KFC Famous Bowls this weekend and those things are amazing! That's definitely something that I will be ordering more of in the future.

Oddtodd76
04-19-2010, 02:59 AM
yes...I absolutely love the kfc bowl!