PDA

View Full Version : It's official: Obama is black

rockdawg21
04-03-2010, 12:13 PM
So he is not half white after all! This kinda reminds me of the racial draft held by Dave Chappelle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nMB1u5ocS4 (1:30 is the spot)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36157764/ns/politics-white_house
It’s official: Obama is black
President checks black, not black and white, on census form

msnbc.com
updated 2 hours, 6 minutes ago

He may be the world's foremost mixed-race leader, but when it came to the official government head count, President Barack Obama gave only one answer to the question about his ethnic background: African-American.

The White House confirmed Friday that Obama did not check multiple boxes on his U.S. Census form, or choose the option that allows him to elaborate on his racial heritage. He ticked the box that says "Black, African Am., or Negro."

Obama filled out the form on Monday, supplying information for himself, first lady Michelle Obama and their daughters Malia and Sasha, as well as for Mrs. Obama's mother, Marian Robinson, who lives with the family in the White House.

For Obama, whose mother Ann Dunham, a white woman from Kansas, married his father, Kenyan native Barack Obama Sr., the question of his racial identity has been a lifelong struggle. His first memoir, "Dreams From My Father," is an account of a difficult journey of discovery.

Obama the community activist and then politician always self-identified as African-American, and he now wears the mantle of America's first black president with pride.

On a visit to Ghana last year, he took his wife and daughters to see Gold Coast Castle, the one-time slave trading depot from which thousands of Africans were sent in shackles to a life of toil in the New World. The First Lady is descended from a South Carolina slave.

'Half-white guy?'
The president's multiracial heritage has been a subject for oceans of commentary in America and around the world. But it's also been a cause for teasing, and even satire.

"The first black president!" exclaimed comedian Wanda Sykes at a dinner last year of the White House Correspondents' Association.

"I'm proud to be able to say that. That's unless you screw up. And then it's going to be, 'What's up with the half-white guy?'"

Chuck
04-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Disgraceful.

Crisco
04-03-2010, 06:17 PM
It's nice to see that he wants nothing to do with us white folks.

Maybe his mom is just really light skinned?

Neezar
04-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Disgraceful.

Which part? lol

Black Mamba
04-03-2010, 07:44 PM
I can't believe this made the news. :huh:

But to add my .2 cents:
I come from a bi-racial family (Pops is black, Momma is white) and it's interesting to say the least. You got peeps who ask you want to do "call" yourself, and I say bi-racial. I'm a very proud of my backgrounds, my Momma raised me to be so. I did get confuse when I was younger on the standardized state tests, I didn't know which one to put down until they started having a second column. :laugh:

NateR
04-03-2010, 09:42 PM
For some reason, this thread makes me think of this:

http://billstclair.com/blog/images/barocky-road.jpg

In honor of the 44th President of the United States, Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream has introduced a new flavor: "Barocky Road."

Barocky Road is a blend of half vanilla, half chocolate, and surrounded by nuts and flakes. The vanilla portion of the mix is not openly advertised and usually denied as an ingredient. The nuts and flakes are all very bitter and hard to swallow.

The cost is $100.00 per scoop.

When purchased it will be presented to you in a large beautiful cone, but then the ice cream is taken away and given to the person in line behind you.

You are left with an empty wallet and no change, holding an empty cone with no hope of getting any ice cream.

Are you stimulated?

:laugh:

flo
04-04-2010, 12:14 AM
For some reason, this thread makes me think of this:

:laugh:

That was truly hilarious! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

logrus
04-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Then the guy who lost out on his ice cream realized that hey, for the past 8 years hes been giving it up the butt to the ice cream scooper and the guy behind him. Because the scooper and the loser behind him were once employees til he decided to go over seas and pay some person in a 3rd world country a half a penny an hour to make some crap someone will buy for hundreds of dollars. :rolleyes:

donaldbreland
04-04-2010, 06:01 AM
Then the guy who lost out on his ice cream realized that hey, for the past 8 years hes been giving it up the butt to the ice cream scooper and the guy behind him. Because the scooper and the loser behind him were once employees til he decided to go over seas and pay some person in a 3rd world country a half a penny an hour to make some crap someone will buy for hundreds of dollars. :rolleyes:

Huh. Are you an Obama supporter. What about the 8 years before that.

logrus
04-04-2010, 07:33 AM
I support the guy who most likely will screw us over for the next 4 years. I would have voted for that fat slob the penguin, but he couldn't get threw an interview with out going brain dead.

donaldbreland
04-04-2010, 02:44 PM
I support the guy who most likely will screw us over for the next 4 years. I would have voted for that fat slob the penguin, but he couldn't get threw an interview with out going brain dead.

Congratulations!!! I just don't know what to think of you yet.

Tyburn
04-04-2010, 06:06 PM
There are many things I dislike about Obama, skin colour or racial background is not one of them.

Perhaps if that fact had mattered less, He would never have been ellected in the first place, I dont know.

But I do feel that he shouldnt be made fun of due to what he has decided to lable himself. I, personally would not describe him as a "black man" because he doesnt look dark enough to me :unsure-1: all the blacks I have met or corresponded with are like pitch in colour...but I wont make fun of him if he decides he wants to be labled as black...because he certainly isnt completely white either is he :huh:

Its funny...because a lot of people on here have decided that I am a "Brit" when if they took notice they would find I have never called myself that, neither do I even use the term "Britain" to describe where I live. You find it on these cards you fill in when you apply for a new job, or when you have to enroll at a doctors or something...they always ask what you think you are...and in this country you only get the choice of "white british" or "whit European"

I am neither. I'm White ENGLISH...but they just dont get that...why does it matter? because it tells you something about the paradigmn the person is living in. If they call themselves for example, White English but NOT White British, that says something about the way they recongnise (or dont) certain key ellements of the country (or Union)

Its like the person on this forum who asked me whether I thought Northern Ireland (Ulster) should be considered British or left for home rule. I said effectively Home Rule...why? because the Union of Great Britain, really isnt important to me...I dont know why anyone would fight over wanting to be part of something that I dont ever think about as applying to me, even though its a givern by Birth

in short I really dont think this is a topic that we should be mocking Obama on, even if we think he, or his politics sucks eggs.

logrus
04-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Congratulations!!! I just don't know what to think of you yet.

LoL, Batman Returns..

que
04-17-2010, 10:58 PM
that's just as ridiculous as if he were to checkmark "Caucasian". if he is african american then i am tupac