PDA

View Full Version : TO ALL YOU GAMERS

mscomc
03-28-2010, 01:24 AM
If you are like me, and have played hundred of games for at least a dozen different consoles, than you can relate.

Anyone rememer games, that no matter how hard you tried, felt next to impossible???????

Well, this will brink back memories. :laugh::laugh:

Number 10 is my game, :punch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MySzy1CSVAM&feature=quicklist

logrus
03-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Haha, some of those games I have to agree with.

Buzzard
03-28-2010, 06:03 AM
I only knew of a couple of them. I have all of my old consoles with the exception of Colecovision. I stupidly sold that at a garage sale.

Once I got into computers, I got out of console gaming. I did buy a Wii though two years ago. My brothers and I get some good Tiger Woods golf action going. They also have a great Williams Pinball game for their system. Many of the old pinball games I used to play in arcades are represented well there.

This following one was a favorite of mine on the Sega system. I used to work for Sega back in the 80's when they owned some arcades out in California.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJlWEKa70Xg

Yeah, I'm an old fart that doesn't want to grow up. A friend of mine and I still get together regularly for some Madden football action and beer drinking. I just got back into flight simming with IL2 1946. I've got the CH Products line of Fighter Stick, Pro Pedals, and Pro Throttle. Throw in Track IR 5 and it's as close as I'll ever get to WW2 aerial combat. Can't wait to get back online with my old virtual friends. Next to get back into is rFactor racing. Used to run weekly races a few years ago with a great bunch of guys. It was great racing and flying with people from all over the world and speaking with them on Teamspeak or Ventrillo. I'm a gaming geek.:laugh:

mscomc
03-28-2010, 06:08 AM
HAHAHAAHAH, fantasy zone...lol.

I still remember my first game, and console. It was a 16 bit sega genesis. My dad came home one day and was like " hey, come here", I thought I was gonna get a spanking for something I did, lol.

Then he presented me with the system, and my first game.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqOlpQ7sepE ------ It was HARDDD!!!!! you only get like 3 lives.

Buzzard
03-28-2010, 06:25 AM
HAHAHAAHAH, fantasy zone...lol.

I still remember my first game, and console. It was a 16 bit sega genesis. My dad came home one day and was like " hey, come here", I thought I was gonna get a spanking for something I did, lol.

Then he presented me with the system, and my first game.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqOlpQ7sepE ------ It was HARDDD!!!!! you only get like 3 lives.

LOL! I still have the Sega Genesis system and that game. I'll have to dig it out one day. I swear I could open up an old electronic gaming museum. I think somewhere in my collection I have an original hand held Mattel electronic football game. Can't remember which it is, though it is one of them.

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Mattel/FB.htm

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Mattel/FB2.htm

Maldonado136
03-30-2010, 05:38 AM
lol no offense but sonic is pretty easy! except labyrinth zone good grief that level is a nightmare. you should watch the angry video game nerd's videos.

mscomc
03-31-2010, 03:48 AM
lol no offense but sonic is pretty easy! except labyrinth zone good grief that level is a nightmare. you should watch the angry video game nerd's videos.

SIR! you have offended my honour! I challenge you to a duel.
:laugh: ....sorry old simpsons joke.

LoL, i agree, sonic is pretty easy, but I was like 6 when i got the console, and back then, all you wanna do is kind of smash keys around, and before I knew it, I was in the abyrinth zone..... didn't go to well.

VCURamFan
03-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Dude, I LOVED Battletoads growing up!!!!

Speaking of old-school epic games, I recently re-discovered Chrono Trigger. It's possibly one of the GREATEST RPGs ever. Anyone else familiar? I've just made it past Magus's Castle & now have to help Ayla take out Azala back in 65,000,000 B.C.

Maldonado136
04-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Dude, I LOVED Battletoads growing up!!!!

Speaking of old-school epic games, I recently re-discovered Chrono Trigger. It's possibly one of the GREATEST RPGs ever. Anyone else familiar? I've just made it past Magus's Castle & now have to help Ayla take out Azala back in 65,000,000 B.C.

I played it awhile ago and never made it that far at all before I stopped for no reason. I don't remember exactly what I was doing but I was in the future. that much I remember lol. it is a great game though.

Spiritwalker
04-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Chrono Trigger was the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved that game!!!

VCURamFan
04-04-2010, 04:52 PM
I played it awhile ago and never made it that far at all before I stopped for no reason. I don't remember exactly what I was doing but I was in the future. that much I remember lol. it is a great game though.
Yeah, 2300 A.D. with the Labs & Domes & the busted up Factory! They level's a "female dog" to get through, but it was pretty sweet. Just wait until you move on from there, that's when it gets really intense! :happydancing:

(btw, if anyone wants to play it again for free, PM me...:Whistle:)

Crisco
04-09-2010, 04:52 AM
PC is where it's at man

Buzzard
04-09-2010, 05:16 AM
PC is where it's at man

Wow, another thing we have in common.:)

Do you play any Madden 08 on PC?

mscomc
04-09-2010, 05:33 AM
PC is where it's at man

Hey, did you ever play the first person shooter series "half-life"????

J.B.
04-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Wow, another thing we have in common.:)

Do you play any Madden 08 on PC?

PC games are typically the best, if you got a good machine that can handle it.

Still, Madden 08? :laugh:

I played that like crazy on the PC....in 2008....:laugh:

I'm not hating because I actually play some obscure sports games myself, I'm just saying, it's kinda funny :)

Anybody play any Golden Tee Golf for PC?

mscomc
04-09-2010, 06:53 AM

I'm not hating because I actually play some obscure sports games myself, I'm just saying, it's kinda funny :)

Wait, JB, you like b-ball right?

Did you ever play the : NBA jam series, or Barkleys shut up and jam?? :laugh:

J.B.
04-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Wait, JB, you like b-ball right?

Did you ever play the : NBA jam series, or Barkleys shut up and jam?? :laugh:

"Like" would be a gross understatement. I actually still play basketball at least 4 times a week with a group of buddies, and growing up in Chicago during the Jordan era basically made it second nature to love the game. Still, I honestly love it now as much as I ever have and as soon as my tax refund comes in, I am buying season tickets for the Phoenix Suns 2010-2011 season. :laugh:

Okay, cool story aside, I played every version of NBA Jam, and of course they rock. Barkley's "Shut up and Jam" failed as hard as Barkley did in his journey to actually bring this city an NBA Championship. :wink:

Buzzard
04-09-2010, 10:39 AM

Yeah, I still play Madden Football 08 since that is the last year made on the PC. I got the 08 hockey for about 8 bucks a couple months ago. My bro and I play it over the net.

For golf I now play Tiger Woods on the Wii. It's a lot of fun and it throws in a bit of exercise. A wii bit but still a bit. I still have a golf game call Links LS 2000 on my PC. It has held up quite well and is quite challenging.

J.B.
04-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I still play Madden Football 08 since that is the last year made on the PC. I got the 08 hockey for about 8 bucks a couple months ago. My bro and I play it over the net.

For golf I now play Tiger Woods on the Wii. It's a lot of fun and it throws in a bit of exercise. A wii bit but still a bit. I still have a golf game call Links LS 2000 on my PC. It has held up quite well and is quite challenging.

You need to join us in the modern era, it's not long before Madden 11 will be here! :laugh:

I am privy to the Links series from way back in the day, that is a great game. I never bothered keeping up with the Tiger Woods series though.

I bought a used copy of Tiger 06 for a few bucks, just to have a golf game to throw in my Xbox 360 from time to time. I played the newer ones, and while they are better, it just seems too hard for me to get into because I am only a moderate fan of golf. I like the Golden Tee Golf games because of their controls. The PC version is modeled after the arcade version which is commonly seen in bars, except you use the mouse instead of trackball. It's a PC golf game that, like the Links series, has withstood the test of time.

Buzzard
04-09-2010, 11:40 AM
You need to join us in the modern era, it's not long before Madden 11 will be here! :laugh:

I am privy to the Links series from way back in the day, that is a great game. I never bothered keeping up with the Tiger Woods series though.

I bought a used copy of Tiger 06 for a few bucks, just to have a golf game to throw in my Xbox 360 from time to time. I played the newer ones, and while they are better, it just seems too hard for me to get into because I am only a moderate fan of golf. I like the Golden Tee Golf games because of their controls. The PC version is modeled after the arcade version which is commonly seen in bars, except you use the mouse instead of trackball. It's a PC golf game that, like the Links series, has withstood the test of time.

If they would bring Madden football back to the PC, I'd buy it. I can't see myself buying an X-box just to play football, which is probably the only game/reason I would buy for it. I have quite a PC gaming library and am partial to PC games.

I'll have to check out Golden Tee Golf, thanks for the info. I still remember playing the original Links on my brothers 386.

mscomc
04-09-2010, 03:30 PM
"Like" would be a gross understatement. I actually still play basketball at least 4 times a week with a group of buddies, and growing up in Chicago during the Jordan era basically made it second nature to love the game. Still, I honestly love it now as much as I ever have and as soon as my tax refund comes in, I am buying season tickets for the Phoenix Suns 2010-2011 season. :laugh:

Okay, cool story aside, I played every version of NBA Jam, and of course they rock. Barkley's "Shut up and Jam" failed as hard as Barkley did in his journey to actually bring this city an NBA Championship. :wink:

YESSSSS!

NBA jam was the best. Remember these lines....

"from downtown!!!!"
"Hes on Fire"
"He throws up a prayer"

lol, :laugh: