PDA

View Full Version : BLOG: UFC 111

NateR
03-25-2010, 06:15 PM
From Matt's blog:

Well, this weekend GSP will face Dan Hardy. I think the match will go however GSP wants it to go. If Georges wants to stand, he'll stand, if he wants to take Dan down, he'll take him down. This could be a one-sided fight, but it all depends on which GSP shows up. To be honest, I don't even know who else is on the card, I've been too busy training to really worry about it.

My training has been going great, last week I went to Jeremy's. This week, I flew Demarques Johnson and Matt Pena to train with me at the HIT Squad. I definitely feel I could go three rounds right now and next week will just put me over the top. My sparring, wrestling and submissions are right where I want them to be. I even feel that I look decent when I get in front of the mirror (no pictures for you, Michelle).

One of the reasons, why it's taken me this long to write the blog is because of the health bill. To be honest, I don't know much about what it says exactly; but I believe if you ask most of the politicians out there who voted for it, they would say the same thing. I'm a person that has always believed in rewarding hard work, the word entitlement does not exist in my vocabulary. I'm not going to go off on a rant, but I will never vote for somebody who voted for this bill.

I was on a trip with the Cage Fitness (http://cagefitness.com/) crew and we were talking about love and the way people show their love. This is something that I posted in my forums a year or so ago and I believe is definitely worth reviewing. Remember the two most important things Jesus said was to love God with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength and to love your neighbor as yourself; so take a look and maybe you'll learn something like I did:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123&highlight=love+languages

Got a buddy up in Canada, who I am going to be hunting with here soon. I just wanted to let you all know that if you wanted to book any hunts for this year, he would be somebody I would highly recommend. I've been up there and he runs a great camp. There is even a chance that three people could go hunting with me this fall, they would just need to pay their expenses up there. So check them out at http://www.buckparadise.com/

Here is the Bible verse for this week:
For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)

-matt

rearnakedchoke
03-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Hope the training is going well Matt ... can't wait til you get back in the cage ...

TexasRN
03-25-2010, 06:24 PM
You said no pictures for Michelle...how about for me? :rolleyes: It's good to hear that your training is where you want it to be, but I've never doubted your heart and know that you will push yourself to be the best competitor you can possibly be.

And for the record, I'm a nurse who is against the current healthcare reform bill. This isn't the place for me to talk about why. There's a thread for that already and I don't want to much up your blog with a debate. :)

~Amy

Silverback
03-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Seen Matt today and he said he is ready to go 3 rounds now, and he looks it too, So take it to him, and enjoy yourself, we all know you will.:punch::punch::punch:

Llamafighter
03-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Matt, real glad to hear that you're feeling good and ready. I can't wait for this fight.
take care!

Shoots like a girl
03-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the update Matt! Im glad training is going well and let me just say that I dont doubt you for a minute!!! I dont think very many of us are about the new Obamacare and dont believe that very many of us voted for anyone who are supporting it! Its going to be awesome to see you back in the cage! The closer it gets the more excited I am. And you should consider posting some pics for me, I mean Amy! It is her birthday ya know! :Whistle:

TexasRN
03-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the update Matt! Im glad training is going well and let me just say that I dont doubt you for a minute!!! I dont think very many of us are about the new Obamacare and dont believe that very many of us voted for anyone who are supporting it! Its going to be awesome to see you back in the cage! The closer it gets the more excited I am. And you should consider posting some pics for me, I mean Amy! It is her birthday ya know! :Whistle:

OOooooh, yeah. Great idea! I forgot to use that.

It's my birthday, Matt! I deserve a really great training picture of you! :w00t:

~Amy

Spiritwalker
03-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the update Matt..

Renzo is actually in Charlotte next week and I am part of the "detail" that will be working the show... autographs and pictures and such.. I am hoping that I get to talk to him after.. Going to see if I can "interview" him on tape..

Would much rather it be you haning out "down south".

Any fighter gets some respect from me just by stepping up to fight..

Mac
03-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Cant wait to hear CBCS blaring out of the loud speakers in a land of turbins.

TexasRN
03-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Cant wait to hear CBCS blaring out of the loud speakers in a land of turbins.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

~Amy

Miss Foxy
03-25-2010, 08:14 PM
So happy your training is going well Matt. I can't wait to be the judge for myself with them pictures!! haha..:laugh: Gosh we only got a few weeks til your fight! I am so stoked buddy...God Bless Matt.

MattHughesRocks
03-25-2010, 11:33 PM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/mood_surprised.gif

But don't you know who I am?

:sad:

bradwright
03-26-2010, 12:16 AM
glad to hear things are going well in preperation for your fight...look forward to watching you fight again.:)

Bonnie
03-26-2010, 12:33 AM

Apparently, he does! :rolleyes: Maybe that's why we ain't gett'n any pics either. Boy, it must be true, one bad apple.... :cry:

:laugh:

Maybe Matt's just trying to build up our anticipation.........okay........it's working! :laugh: Now may we see a pic.....pretty please?

MattHughesRocks
03-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Hold on sister, there is still time...let me work it a bit will you? :rolleyes:

Apparently, he does! :rolleyes: Maybe that's why we ain't gett'n any pics either. Boy, it must be true, one bad apple.... :cry:

Maybe Matt's just trying to build up our anticipation.........okay........it's working! :laugh: Now may we see a pic.....pretty please?

Bonnie
03-26-2010, 01:38 AM
Hold on sister, there is still time...let me work it a bit will you? :rolleyes:

:w00t: Work it, sister!!! :laugh:

CAMPO
03-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Q: so when you run - how long do you go for? curious if it's a time thing, or a distance journey for you.... Keep up the great work.
another small request...more pics of your beautiful family, PUHLEEZE! :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to the fights this weekend, I'll be with my girlfriends & we're all excited - I haven't watched a fight in quite some time!

Happy Weekend ya'll! :wub:

flo
03-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Sounds like the training is going really well, can't wait for the fight!

I appreciate Matt weighing in on this health care mess.

On another note...

Michelle got personal mention!! And I know Michelle!!! :happydancing:

well, kinda, sorta, :laugh:

Neezar
03-26-2010, 08:19 PM
You mean to tell me that there are hunters in Canada? :scared0015:

ps Can you front me the money for the hunting trip? :unsure-1:

Boomer
03-28-2010, 03:06 AM
Great blog matt!! Embracing love ... what it looks like, what its suppose to be, the levels of it in all our relationships ... the Christian journey. :)

that hunt place looks pretty cool. little different from the one in ohio we went to. looks bigger .....

Boomer
03-28-2010, 03:11 AM

You've been cut off ....
:duck:

MattHughesRocks
03-28-2010, 04:46 AM
Probably because I didn't tell him "great blog" every single week since the beginning.

:tongue0011:

You've been cut off ....

Boomer
03-28-2010, 04:47 AM
Probably because I didn't tell him "great blog" every single week since the beginning.

:tongue0011:

yea I know ... how much do you suck .....

Boomer
03-28-2010, 04:50 AM
yea I know ... how much do you suck .....

If you need me to answer that I can .. but just wanted to give you a chance first ... sooooooo ...

MattHughesRocks
03-28-2010, 04:57 AM
I love you Boom :wub:

Boomer
03-28-2010, 04:05 PM
<kicks dirt> ahhh shucks . thanks michelle .. :ashamed:

but you still suck ...

Silverback
03-28-2010, 04:31 PM

but you still suck ...

Go Boomer Go!!!!!:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:Hope you enjoyed your trip

Tyburn
03-29-2010, 12:50 AM
I know the health reform bill has really upset many Americans on this Forum :unsure-1:

I am glad to hear that your training is going well, not long to go now :happydancing:

Thank you for reposting links to that thread about how to love. I think its really important to remind ourselves that we should love others like we love ourselves. That as Christians we are called to treat people differently then the world dictates :)

Hope you have a blessed Passion-tide :w00t:

que
03-29-2010, 12:56 AM
i hate to say it but matt was wrong about one thing, the fight did not go however georges wanted it to go! lol

i think georges has already hit his decline early. i really don't see him being champ for too much longer

MattHughesRocks
03-29-2010, 01:27 AM
Bite me.

but you still suck ...

MattHughesRocks
03-29-2010, 01:27 AM
Oh just rip my heart out and throw it on the floor why don't you? :cry:

Go Boomer Go!!!!!:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:Hope you enjoyed your trip

Silverback
03-29-2010, 02:14 AM
Oh just rip my heart out and throw it on the floor why don't you? :cry:

Quit your crying, it don't suit you. Baby:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

MattHughesRocks
03-29-2010, 02:17 AM
Who do you think you are? Mac? Stop talking to me like that :angry:

And you guys are all ruining Matt's blog thread :Whistle:

It's a wonder he even comes here :rolleyes:

Quit your crying, it don't suit you. Baby:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

Silverback
03-29-2010, 02:37 AM
Who do you think you are? Mac? Stop talking to me like that :angry:

And you guys are all ruining Matt's blog thread :Whistle:

It's a wonder he even comes here :rolleyes:

You right, sorry Matt.:ninja:

MattHughesRocks
03-29-2010, 03:23 AM
Atta boy :wink:

You right, sorry Matt.:ninja:

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
04-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Well,

I love the 5 Love Languages book, we got it as a wedding gift and instantly read it! At that time, my love language was quality time, but it has changed into gifts!!!! :)

The Health Care Bill is absolutely ridiculous!!! I cant believe what is coming of this nation and it scares me on what is yet to come.:unsure:

Keep up the good work with training Matt, cant wait until the 10th!:punch:Thats my birthday party night, our friends and I will be watching and cheering loudly!

Feel free to pm me some pics!!! :w00t:

CAMPO
04-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Ummm So I gotta Q???
When does Mr. Hughes actually go to Abu Dhabi? Obviously not the day or couple days before the fight & that is only NEXT weekend...soooo, anyone know? Checked blog & no new post..

Just wanted to say I'll be routing for him!!! Thinking of him, his team, his fans, his friends & his beautiful family....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEAM HUGHES!!!!!!!!!!