PDA

View Full Version : Gun Thread

timmyja
03-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Been a while since I've seen one on here, so I figured I'd start one, if its ok.

Went skeet shooting the other day with a 12 ga Browning BPS I picked up at a gunshow in Wisconsin, and had a BLAST. Also brought my .357 66-5 model Smith that I picked up at a gun show here in VA, as well as my little .22 LR Marlin 795 plinker that I picked up at Gander Mountain. I'm dissappointed in the Marlin, and really wish I would have ponied up and bought the Ruger instead.

County Mike
03-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Still waiting for my NJ license to buy a firearm. :(

timmyja
03-22-2010, 06:16 PM
I know what you mean. I used to live in IL, and being here in VA it is TWO different worlds.

flo
03-22-2010, 06:37 PM
It's now over 2 months, isn't it?

County Mike
03-22-2010, 06:53 PM
It's now over 2 months, isn't it?

Yeah, I applied right before Christmas. If you start from the date of my fingerprinting, 3 months is coming up real soon. After I applied, I had to make an appointment for the fingerprinting and that was a week or two delay.

flo
03-22-2010, 07:42 PM
That's terrible.

Well, you're caught between a rock and a hard place, IMO; if you (rightly) complain, out comes the bureaucratic tape and they could delay you indefinitely.

I remember years ago when we were fixing our front porch steps and we had the GALL to complain about a city water main leak that was damaging the asphalt in front of our house. The city was there within hours - NOT to take a look at the leak but to ask if we had a permit for "remodeling" the porch.

You give a little bit of power to some of these pencil pushers and they have a field day pushing your buttons, like tin-horn dictators.

I hope you get the license this month, good luck.

Tyburn
03-22-2010, 09:29 PM

:laugh: and I thought we had bad beuracrasy :laugh:

Do you think you will ever get it :unsure-1::huh:

Oddtodd76
03-22-2010, 09:34 PM
just about every weekend is "todd shooting his guns" weekend.

timmyja
03-22-2010, 10:30 PM
I just started getting really into it about the past couple years, and man is it fun! I just wish it wasn't getting so expensive

internationalharvester
03-24-2010, 04:44 AM
just went this weekend with a buddy of mine and he bought a numbers matching M-1 Carbine and a numbers matching M-1 Garand...if anyone would be interested he is actually tryin to sell his first Garand, its in almost like new shape and only had about 100 rounds put thru it

Oddtodd76
03-24-2010, 12:07 PM
just went this weekend with a buddy of mine and he bought a numbers matching M-1 Carbine and a numbers matching M-1 Garand...if anyone would be interested he is actually tryin to sell his first Garand, its in almost like new shape and only had about 100 rounds put thru it

Did you go to the auction in mattoon and pick them up?

internationalharvester
03-24-2010, 12:59 PM
no he actually got them down in effingham

Garandshooter
03-27-2010, 04:41 PM

Tell me more about this garand he want's to sell. Did you know International Harvester made Garand for the korean war?