PDA

View Full Version : Extra-Small Condom for 12-year-old boys

Play The Man
03-19-2010, 09:19 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587980,00.html

'Extra Small' Condoms for 12-Year-Old Boys Go on Sale

A leading condom manufacturer in Switzerland has created extra-small condoms for boys as young as 12 years old, the U.K.’s Daily Telegraph reported.

The condom, called the Hotshot, was produced after family planning groups and the Swiss AIDS Federation campaigned to have the condoms made following several studies that showed adolescent boys were not using proper protection when engaging in intercourse.

"The result that shocked us concerned young boys who display apparently risky behavior,” Nancy Bodmer, who headed the research, told the newspaper. “They have more of a tendency not to protect themselves. They do not have a very developed sexual knowledge. They do not understand the consequences of what they are doing and leave the young girls to take care of the consequences.”

Bodmer said the results of the study suggest that early prevention makes sense.

A spokeswoman for the company, Lamprecht AG, said the United Kingdom would be a “top priority” if they expanded abroad, especially since the U.K. has one of the highest rates of teen pregnancy in Europe.

A standard condom has a diameter of 2 inches; the Hotshot's is 1.7 inches.

flo
03-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Good Lord in heaven, what next?

Creepy and depressing, innit?

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-19-2010, 07:25 PM
12 YO don't need to be having sex!

Spiritwalker
03-19-2010, 07:30 PM
12 YO don't need to be having sex!

But the problem is.. they ARE.

I am more for education than passive premission.

My son is 9 and he and I have had much of "the talk". Not all of it, because he is still a little young in my opinion.

The problem with Kids Having Kids.. is NOT a condom made for kids, it is NOT movies, music, fashion..whatever... it's ONE thing...

Parents NOT being Parents.

County Mike
03-19-2010, 08:24 PM
I think even the best parents will end up having kids who engage in sex. The temptation is too strong for any type of parenting to be 100% effective. You can do a great job and hope for the best, but the truth is, some kids will still experiment. Especially with boys. If they get the chance, most likely they'll go for it.

I agree you should do your best to encourage them to wait, but also educate them to use protection if they decide to do it anyway.

Then again, this whole "condom for 12 year olds" might just be a polite way of making condoms for the less than gifted men out there. A grown man with a teenie weenie can buy these and just claim their for "his son".

NateR
03-19-2010, 10:16 PM
I think even the best parents will end up having kids who engage in sex. The temptation is too strong for any type of parenting to be 100% effective. You can do a great job and hope for the best, but the truth is, some kids will still experiment. Especially with boys. If they get the chance, most likely they'll go for it.

I agree you should do your best to encourage them to wait, but also educate them to use protection if they decide to do it anyway.

Well, it is possible to successfully teach kids to abstain from sex. My brother and I were not sexually active at all when we were under 18, but that was because my parents took a very active role in teaching us about sex early on and monitoring what we watched on TV and who we spent our time with outside of school.

To say "you need to abstain from sex, but just in case you feel the urge, then you should use a condom" completely destroys any message of abstinence.

Let's see if we can apply that logic to other moral issues:

"You should never commit murder, but just in case someone really pisses you off, then shoot them in the head because it's quick and painless."

"You should never steal, but just in case you really really want something, then make sure it costs less than $3000, because you won't be charged with a felony."

"You should never beat your wife, but just in case you lose your temper and can't control yourself, then use a bar of soap wrapped in a towel because it won't leave any marks."

Now I don't think anyone would be mistaken for a good parent if they taught their children those philosophies. So why should a person who teaches their children to be slaves to their sexual urges be considered a good or responsible parent?

flo
03-19-2010, 11:01 PM
I agree with Spirit, parents need to be stricter with their kids and quit trying to be their "friends".

Although, no matter how great the parents are, they are still likely to get a rebel in the family that just won't listen to their guidance. I think this is especially true in large families, I'm one of 5 and my husband is one of 4, all raised Catholic and both families had a more "rebellious" kid than the rest (rebellious being a generous word but I didn't want to say "black sheep" as all of us have turned our reasonably sane). :wink: :Whistle:

flo
03-19-2010, 11:03 PM
our=out

sheesh

atomdanger
03-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Hop in the handbasket, lets head downstairs.

bradwright
03-20-2010, 02:59 AM
Well, it is possible to successfully teach kids to abstain from sex. My brother and I were not sexually active at all when we were under 18, but that was because my parents took a very active role in teaching us about sex early on and monitoring what we watched on TV and who we spent our time with outside of school.

To say "you need to abstain from sex, but just in case you feel the urge, then you should use a condom" completely destroys any message of abstinence.

"You should never commit murder, but just in case someone really pisses you off, then shoot them in the head because it's quick and painless."

"You should never steal, but just in case you really really want something, then make sure it costs less than $3000, because you won't be charged with a felony."

"You should never beat your wife, but just in case you lose your temper and can't control yourself, then use a bar of soap wrapped in a towel because it won't leave any marks."
Now I don't think anyone would be mistaken for a good parent if they taught their children those philosophies. So why should a person who teaches their children to be slaves to their sexual urges be considered a good or responsible parent?

how do you know that Nate ?:unsure-1:

:laugh::laugh:

Spiritwalker
03-20-2010, 04:55 AM

Especially with Boy and Girls... if it was just boys.. there wouldn't be so many 12-16 year old girls having kids...

Not just encourage them to wait.. educate them on the consequences of having sex... "it's fun... it's great..... But ALSO... it comes with a HUGE price..."... Children, loss of your own freedom, STDs, DEATH....

express what you are looking for in your child, share your own mistakes, talk about the religious aspects of sex..

tossing a condom at a girl or a boy and saying... "If your going to do it. at least use this.." is like giving a kid a gun and telling them where the shooting range is.... It's not enough and irresponsible.

my daughter is 7 and she knows "where babies come from".. not the actual process yet...

Tyburn
03-22-2010, 09:37 PM
:sad: this makes me sad. our society is broken :cry:

rockdawg21
03-23-2010, 12:07 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/03/05/alg_condoms.jpg
I guess teachers in Switzerland are having sex with their students too.

Xbox and Playstation just don't deliver the same satisfaction. I can see the advertisement now:

"When Xbox and Playstation don't cut it, HotShot it!"

rearnakedchoke
03-23-2010, 12:45 AM

i agree, but the examples you gave are not only immoral, but illegal ... kids these days are having sex because they may not be fully aware of the negative consequences .... i don't know if a lot of kids are aware of how serious an STD or teen pregnancy is ... and if they are, they just don't care ... but, yes, it is possible to teach children about waiting til they are adults ...

NateR
03-23-2010, 03:42 AM
how do you know that Nate ?:unsure-1:

:laugh::laugh:

After ten years in the Army, you learn some tricks. :ninja:

Actually, no, I learned it from watching Full Metal Jacket when I was in high school. :laugh:

que
04-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Good Lord in heaven, what next?

condoms for 7 year old boys, logically...

que
04-01-2010, 01:09 AM
After ten years in the Army, you learn some tricks. :ninja:

Actually, no, I learned it from watching Full Metal Jacket when I was in high school. :laugh:

haha that movie is hilarious and awesome

SHOW ME YOUR WAR CRY!!

DonnaMaria
04-01-2010, 01:29 AM
During recess at my school a group of kindergarten students discovered a condom left on the playground.........but thankfully no one knew what it was.........so they left it alone and alerted their teacher........

when she saw it she SCREAMED "DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!!!!":scared0011:

( she is about 60 years old and REALLY clever)

she continued

"That's the fossil of a prehistoric fish! I can’t believe it’s here! It must have washed to the surface with the last rain!:scared0011:

Let’s go inside and tell the principal! Scientists will have to come and examine it and collect it! These things are really rare so if you ever see one you MUST NOT TOUCH IT!!!!":scared0011:

Unfortunately that was not the last prehistoric fish fossil to wash to the surface of our playground. :blink:

But thanks to Ms. Jones......the proper authorities are always alerted. :wink:

County Mike
04-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Some people getting busy on the elementary school playground. That just seems wrong.

DonnaMaria
04-01-2010, 01:43 AM
well.......we have a REALLY big play structure.........

it's private........there are lots of places to hide in it.........

the mulch is the rubber stuff......it's really soft........

it's the perfect place for a little "romance"

:rolleyes:

DonnaMaria
04-01-2010, 01:44 AM
but hey.........I guess they are using condoms........right?

flo
04-01-2010, 02:29 AM
During recess at my school a group of kindergarten students discovered a condom left on the playground.........but thankfully no one knew what it was.........so they left it alone and alerted their teacher........

when she saw it she SCREAMED "DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!!!!":scared0011:

( she is about 60 years old and REALLY clever)

she continued

"That's the fossil of a prehistoric fish! I can’t believe it’s here! It must have washed to the surface with the last rain!:scared0011:

Let’s go inside and tell the principal! Scientists will have to come and examine it and collect it! These things are really rare so if you ever see one you MUST NOT TOUCH IT!!!!":scared0011:

Unfortunately that was not the last prehistoric fish fossil to wash to the surface of our playground. :blink:

But thanks to Ms. Jones......the proper authorities are always alerted. :wink:

Now THAT's a quick thinking teacher! :laugh::laugh::laugh: