PDA

View Full Version : I want a motorcycle!

DonnaMaria
03-18-2010, 11:11 PM
:)

No....really! I'm serious!

But my friend (who is a biker) said I'm not aggressive enough to ride a bike. That bikers need to be really confident and that I am much too timid of a driver to ever be good on a bike.

He told me to get a vespa!:angry::laugh:

Thoughts?

What DOES it take to be a "good" biker? And a good biker chick?

MattHughesRocks
03-18-2010, 11:31 PM
I've never driven a motorcycle but have been on the back many times. I'd say that the biggest and most important thing to do would be....learn to vanish into thin air when another motorcycle is going to crash into you head on...see below:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/HPIM0225__3_.jpg

This was my brother's bike before he even made his first payment on his brand new bike. It's been almost 3 years now but he'll just be getting his last surgery in a couple of weeks because of that one little thing he failed to do...disappear into thin air when the other guy was coming :)

Took him about a year to get out of bed and have me drive him back to the scene of the crime. See below:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/IMG_1804.jpg

(Notice the walker)

This was the burnt up tree left from the FIRE that his burning bike caused.See below:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/IMG_1801-1.jpg

So Missy... just what kind of bike were you wanting to buy? This is my brother's latest. See below :biggrin-1:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/NewBike.jpg

So the moral of the story is this....it doesnt matter how good or safe of a driver you are. Your completely at the mercy of other riders :rolleyes:

DonnaMaria
03-18-2010, 11:36 PM
:scared0011:

:cry:

I guess I will get the vespa........and drive about 25 mph...........

on my own property......where there are no cars..............

*sigh*

can I still wear the leather pants?!?:unsure:

:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
03-18-2010, 11:48 PM
Leather pants and Vespa's are hot! Plus, you'll live to be a Grandma to your babies baby's!:w00t:

:scared0011:

:cry:

I guess I will get the vespa........and drive about 25 mph...........

on my own property......where there are no cars..............

*sigh*

can I still wear the leather pants?!?:unsure:

DonnaMaria
03-18-2010, 11:51 PM

Well I AM Sicilian..........a Vespa is in my blood!

And I really just want the feeling of the wind in my hair......I can get that on a Vespa..........

okay. no one else needs to reply!

Wow......a picture REALLY IS worth a thousand words............:huh:

Thanks for raining on my motorcycle parade Michelle!:angry::laugh:

And I'm glad that your brother is okay!:)

MattHughesRocks
03-19-2010, 12:07 AM
I was going to say "sorry for raining on your parade" to :laugh:
I think I have more pictures so if ever you need reinforcement...:laugh: :happydancing:

flo
03-19-2010, 12:15 AM
OMG, that's just horrible! I'm glad your brother is OK, Michelle, he's been through a lot with all the surgeries :-( From the looks of his bike, it's lucky he survived!

DonnaMaria, here is my experience with bikes. I got a HD 175cc when I was in my 20s and it was a LOT of fun. The 2nd day I had it, I crashed going around a corner on a paved road when I hit some gravel (and going too fast). Luckily, I was wearing a helmet so I only got road burns. But that slowed me down. Wear a helmet no matter what!!!

Back then I also rode my (now ex-) husband's Sportster - kick start only, that was a pain! He wouldn't let me ride it until I could set it back up from laying on it's side (that took me awhile :laugh:). But it was AWESOME on beautiful days like today, you can feel all the different pockets of temperature and see much better than in a car. Plus, it's just a blast!

So it depends on what kind of bike you're interested in. If it's a dirt bike that's barely street legal, that can be a whole lot of fun off road (or off main roads). When I rode the Sportster it was just wonderful but people tend to follow too close (bikes stop FAST) and do other weird stuff.

Sigh...I gave up my endorsement 3 years ago as it's been eons since I owned a bike...

flo
03-19-2010, 12:18 AM

okay. no one else needs to reply!

Oops, sorry, just saw that. :ashamed:

DonnaMaria
03-19-2010, 12:25 AM
lol!!!!! I appreciate your reply anyway!!!!! I was only kidding......sort of!

I don't want replies......but then again I do!

I'm complicated!:rolleyes::)

And apparently I'm stupid as well.......because I STILL want a bike! :sad:

rearnakedchoke
03-19-2010, 12:42 AM
I'd advise against it .... no matter how good a driver you are, there are way to many morons out there who can't drive ... but they have seat belts, airbags and are enclosed when you are none of the above ...

MattHughesRocks
03-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Oh don't say stupid whatever you do....I was looking forward to riding on my brother's new bike when I went to So Cal in a couple of weeks for Mom's birthday then found out that it he was getting that surgery the day before I get there so no bike ride for me :scared:

lol!!!!! I appreciate your reply anyway!!!!! I was only kidding......sort of!

I don't want replies......but then again I do!

I'm complicated!:rolleyes::)

And apparently I'm stupid as well.......because I STILL want a bike! :sad:

flo
03-19-2010, 12:52 AM
I'd advise against it .... no matter how good a driver you are, there are way to many morons out there who can't drive ... but they have seat belts, airbags and are enclosed when you are none of the above ...

True, true. But you can have fun with a small dirt bike and avoid traffic altogether...especially if you have lots of wooded areas where you live...when we lived in a smaller town I could ride for a loooong time on old logging roads and trails, etc.

DonnaMaria
03-19-2010, 12:52 AM
wow...........

so what is it about motorcycles? What kind of magic do they have? That makes people want them, even though they cause damage and death?!?

How could your brother get a new one when he almost DIED on the last one?!?! :scared0011:

flo
03-19-2010, 12:56 AM
How could your brother get a new one when he almost DIED on the last one?!?! :scared0011:

I wondered that too, Michelle. He is very brave.

MattHughesRocks
03-19-2010, 01:01 AM
It's just seriously THAT FUN!:w00t: I remember once, a long time ago, I was on the back of his bike and we were on the freeway ...doing 115 :w00t: Man, that was SO exciting and when we stopped and got off the bike, even though we were way past being minors it was like " don't tell mom!:scared0011:"
Bottm line, it's the adrenaline rush. Ever been skydiving? :rolleyes:

wow...........

so what is it about motorcycles? What kind of magic do they have? That makes people want them, even though they cause damage and death?!?

MattHughesRocks
03-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Brave or just dumb. All his friends have needles and pins and rods holding them together to :laugh:

I wondered that too, Michelle. He is very brave.

DonnaMaria
03-19-2010, 01:04 AM
It's just seriously THAT FUN!:w00t: I remember once, a long time ago, I was on the back of his bike and we were on the freeway ...doing 115 :w00t: Man, that was SO exciting and when we stopped and got off the bike, even though we were way past being minors it was like " don't tell mom!:scared0011:"
Bottm line, it's the adrenaline rush. Ever been skydiving? :rolleyes:

No!!!!!! But I want to do that too!!!!!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

I think I'm having a mid life thingy. :angry::rolleyes:

bradwright
03-19-2010, 01:26 AM
i owned a 250 Yamaha on/off road when i was 16 and i loved riding that thing.
my friend had a street bike and i would ride that every once in a while but it was just not as much fun and i didn't like dealing with traffic.

but i noticed you said that you might be having a midlife thingy...well my advice to you would be...stay away from the bikes then GRANDMA ! !
because after all they are really only meant for the young hip kids...like Michelle for instance.:wink:

DonnaMaria
03-19-2010, 01:29 AM
my friend had a street bike and i would ride that every once in a while but it was just not as much fun and i didn't like dealing with traffic.

but i noticed you said that you might be having a midlife thingy...well my advice to you would be...stay away from the bikes then GRANDMA ! !
because after all they are really only meant for the young hip kids...like Michelle for instance.:wink:

oh thanks! :angry: thpppppppth!

Well you were no help at all!:rolleyes:

DonnaMaria
03-19-2010, 01:33 AM

oh......and your a suck up!:tongue0011:

Chuck
03-19-2010, 01:44 AM
Well WADR to the others that have posted I wouldn't let the opinions or pictures sway you away from riding nor to it. It really has to be something that's within you. You're friend is right in saying that you need to be assertive. You also need to be extremely observant. But more than anything you have to be willing to accept that fact that your hobby could have fatal consequences.

I ride 7 days a week rain or shine. On average I will ride just over 14,000 miles a year on my bike. I ride with the local BMW club, HOG chapter, Goldwing riders, crotch rockets, church folks, ex cons, doctors and a few Outlaws :scared0015: I rode just over 100 straight days last year until I missed a day. Oddly enough the day I missed was to attend a funeral of a buddy who died on his bike. :cry: I've lived in Florida just over 3 years and I've attended 7 funerals of people I've known personally who have died on their bikes. Some through their own fault and others not. None of that has swayed me away from riding and it never would. Ever.

I ride every day, everywhere. I ride to sales appointments in a shirt and tie, to church 2-4 times a week and to places like Daytona for Bike Week. I very seldom if ever wear a helmet and every day I ride I accept my fate. I'm completely comfortable with dying on my bike and to be honest I would prefer it. Not in a reckless, suicidal way but when I go I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing then riding my motorcycle.

For me riding is spiritual. I never feel closer to Christ than when I'm on my bike. It's my time. Just me and Him. Sometimes I put Praise and Worship on my MP3 player and other times I just enjoy my V&H Longshots. When I ride my stress leaves me. Every time.

Riding is no joke though. Nobody sees you on the road. I see people texting, playing with the radio, doing their nails, reading a book, you name it I've seen it. I've locked eyes with drivers and watched them pull right out in front of me. I would say I avoid a crash at least 4-5 times a week. Take note.. I said I avoid. If you don't pay attention you'll go down. I guarantee it. And the sad truth is no matter what you do, no matter how careful you are, sooner or later you'll go down on your bike.

If you can accept that then I say go take a safety course, get a bike and ride it like ya stole it!!

For me, there is simply nothing else like it. The juice IS worth the squeeze.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sixtoflorida/photo-9.jpg

bradwright
03-19-2010, 01:45 AM
oh......and your a suck up!:tongue0011:

i dont suck up to ANYONE ! ! !

well except for maybe Bonnie....hi Bonnie ! :)
hope i spelled everything right.:sad:

Tyburn
03-19-2010, 01:49 AM

But my friend (who is a biker) said I'm not aggressive enough to ride a bike. That bikers need to be really confident and that I am much too timid of a driver to ever be good on a bike.

Thoughts?

I want to have a motorbike also...mostly because you can ride on them on a permanent provisional liscence in this country :laugh:

But my Mother says I shouldnt...and that she would want me to ride a moped instead...and they look stupid :mellow:

Our Family was blighted by a motorbike accident. My Grandmother had three two Sisters...one of whom is in her late 90s, and one of whom recently died...now for the best part of forty years, that second sister, called Eileen, she cut herself off from the family...she did so because she only had one child, a Son...and he was killed in a motorbike accident before he was 20 years old...the rest of her family were blessed with multiple offspring...She only returned to us on the death of her Husband...and even then, it wasnt long before she also died. :sad:

Motorbikes are dangerous...not because of those who drive them...but because of most other road users who dont look out for them...the ammount of times a car will pull out of a minor onto a major, and claim they didnt see the bike because they were only looking for other cars...meanwhile the biker hasnt time to stop when someone pulls out right infront of them...and you dont play chicken with a larger machine and expect to come off best...if you know what I mean...the car gets a dent...the motorbike gets smushed and the biker goes airbourne... :unsure-1:

Perhaps stick to skydiving instead :)

MattHughesRocks
03-19-2010, 01:52 AM
Yeah....like me for instance :happydancing:

Mac
03-19-2010, 01:55 AM

Thoughts?

Donna , Before i ever even opened this thread i was thinking " Im going to suggest she gets a Vespa" ha ha ha , I agree with your friend , find a cool old Vespa and have a blast. That or an old Cushman Eagle.

MattHughesRocks
03-19-2010, 01:56 AM

i dont suck up to ANYONE ! ! !

well except for maybe Bonnie....hi Bonnie ! :)
hope i spelled everything right.:sad:

bradwright
03-19-2010, 01:57 AM
I want to have a motorbike also...mostly because you can ride on them on a permanent provisional liscence in this country :laugh:

But my Mother says I shouldnt...and that she would want me to ride a moped instead...and they look stupid :mellow:

Our Family was blighted by a motorbike accident. My Grandmother had three two Sisters...one of whom is in her late 90s, and one of whom recently died...now for the best part of forty years, that second sister, called Eileen, she cut herself off from the family...she did so because she only had one child, a Son...and he was killed in a motorbike accident before he was 20 years old...the rest of her family were blessed with multiple offspring...She only returned to us on the death of her Husband...and even then, it wasnt long before she also died. :sad:

Motorbikes are dangerous...not because of those who drive them...but because of most other road users who dont look out for them...the ammount of times a car will pull out of a minor onto a major, and claim they didnt see the bike because they were only looking for other cars...meanwhile the biker hasnt time to stop when someone pulls out right infront of them...and you dont play chicken with a larger machine and expect to come off best...if you know what I mean...the car gets a dent...the motorbike gets smushed and the biker goes airbourne... :unsure-1:

Perhaps stick to skydiving instead :)

your Mother says you shouldn't ?...:laugh:...you crack me up sometimes Dave.

Mac
03-19-2010, 02:01 AM
Here Donna , Dont mess around with one of those new plastic Vespas . Youve gotta get the cool old ones , the ones with style and soul , not those new hunks of plastic.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/mcy/1643600949.html

DonnaMaria
03-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Here Donna , Dont mess around with one of those new plastic Vespas . Youve gotta get the cool old ones , the ones with style and soul , not those new hunks of plastic.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/mcy/1643600949.html

That is a really cool Vespa! It just screams "Italian!" :)

I can ride it in my back fields.....and have all the chickens and goats chase me!

and the mastiff! :laugh:

Chuck
03-19-2010, 02:40 AM
Donna , Before i ever even opened this thread i was thinking " Im going to suggest she gets a Vespa" ha ha ha , I agree with your friend , find a cool old Vespa and have a blast. That or an old Cushman Eagle.

Saw this at Bike Week this year....
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sixtoflorida/DSC_0014-1.jpg

Play The Man
03-19-2010, 02:51 AM
I have a friend who is a transplant surgeon. In his business, motorcyclists are referred to as "organ donors". I wouldn't get one if I were you.

Mac
03-19-2010, 02:54 AM
Saw this at Bike Week this year....
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sixtoflorida/DSC_0014-1.jpg

man , isnt that a sweetheart!!!

This one sat in my garage for awhile . Till i put it in a crate and a man from New Zealand said he couldnt live without it. He told me prior to buying this one , there was only one other cushman road king registered in new zealand.

this was a 1947 if i remember right

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/uhmname/trishop2.jpg

Silverback
03-19-2010, 02:57 AM
Leather pants and Vespa's are hot! Plus, you'll live to be a Grandma to your babies baby's!:w00t:

I hear that and a black eye, and your in!:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

MattHughesRocks
03-19-2010, 03:01 AM
Don't post with me or we'll have to get a room :blink:

I hear that and a black eye, and your in!:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

Chuck
03-19-2010, 03:03 AM
I have a friend who is a transplant surgeon. In his business, motorcyclists are referred to as "organ donors". I wouldn't get one if I were you.

Oh hush!

Play The Man
03-19-2010, 03:08 AM
Oh hush!

To be fair, the "organ donors" are usually "crotch rocket" drivers in their teens or early twenties. The older guys on Harleys tend to be less reckless.

Chuck
03-19-2010, 03:15 AM
man , isnt that a sweetheart!!!

This one sat in my garage for awhile . Till i put it in a crate and a man from New Zealand said he couldnt live without it. He told me prior to buying this one , there was only one other cushman road king registered in new zealand.

this was a 1947 if i remember right

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/uhmname/trishop2.jpg

WOW! Now that could not have been cheap to ship!

Chuck
03-19-2010, 03:16 AM
To be fair, the "organ donors" are usually "crotch rocket" drivers in their teens or early twenties. The older guys on Harleys tend to be less reckless.

Who you calling OLDER??????????

:D

County Mike
03-19-2010, 03:27 AM
How about a compromise? 2-seater sport car convertible?

You still get the wind in your hair and it's a little safer. At least you can stop without falling over.

flo
03-19-2010, 03:30 AM
Well WADR to the others that have posted I wouldn't let the opinions or pictures sway you away from riding nor to it. It really has to be something that's within you. You're friend is right in saying that you need to be assertive. You also need to be extremely observant. But more than anything you have to be willing to accept that fact that your hobby could have fatal consequences.

I ride 7 days a week rain or shine. On average I will ride just over 14,000 miles a year on my bike. I ride with the local BMW club, HOG chapter, Goldwing riders, crotch rockets, church folks, ex cons, doctors and a few Outlaws :scared0015: I rode just over 100 straight days last year until I missed a day. Oddly enough the day I missed was to attend a funeral of a buddy who died on his bike. :cry: I've lived in Florida just over 3 years and I've attended 7 funerals of people I've known personally who have died on their bikes. Some through their own fault and others not. None of that has swayed me away from riding and it never would. Ever.

I ride every day, everywhere. I ride to sales appointments in a shirt and tie, to church 2-4 times a week and to places like Daytona for Bike Week. I very seldom if ever wear a helmet and every day I ride I accept my fate. I'm completely comfortable with dying on my bike and to be honest I would prefer it. Not in a reckless, suicidal way but when I go I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing then riding my motorcycle.

For me riding is spiritual. I never feel closer to Christ than when I'm on my bike. It's my time. Just me and Him. Sometimes I put Praise and Worship on my MP3 player and other times I just enjoy my V&H Longshots. When I ride my stress leaves me. Every time.

Riding is no joke though. Nobody sees you on the road. I see people texting, playing with the radio, doing their nails, reading a book, you name it I've seen it. I've locked eyes with drivers and watched them pull right out in front of me. I would say I avoid a crash at least 4-5 times a week. Take note.. I said I avoid. If you don't pay attention you'll go down. I guarantee it. And the sad truth is no matter what you do, no matter how careful you are, sooner or later you'll go down on your bike.

If you can accept that then I say go take a safety course, get a bike and ride it like ya stole it!!

For me, there is simply nothing else like it. The juice IS worth the squeeze.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sixtoflorida/photo-9.jpg

You know, I'll never ride a bike again, I just don't want to get hurt and lack the confidence of my youth. :laugh: But I love what you wrote; it made me remember what it was all about. Neither of us ever rode anywhere NEAR the amount of time you do but I just thoroughly enjoyed reading your take on it.

Chuck
03-19-2010, 03:34 AM

You still get the wind in your hair and it's a little safer. At least you can stop without falling over.

I have a good friend back in WA that did that. He was getting a little too old to ride so he sold his HD and bought a Miata. He loved it.

Play The Man
03-19-2010, 03:35 AM
Who you calling OLDER??????????

:D

Please notice that I said, "older" . . . not "old". :tongue0011:

rockdawg21
03-19-2010, 03:47 AM
Black leather
Get really drunk
Snort some meth
Get into a bar fight
Don't forget your weapon
Harley crap everywhere (including inside your house)
Learn how to be the most annoying person in the world (those damn things are loud)
Crave attention by revving your engine so everybody will look at you
Be a poser

This might give you some more ideas:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251889

Chuck
03-19-2010, 04:03 AM
Black leather
Get really drunk
Snort some meth
Get into a bar fight
Don't forget your weapon
Learn how to be the most annoying person in the world (those damn things are loud)
Be a poser

Wow. Stereotype much??? :scared0015:

rockdawg21
03-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Black leather
Get really drunk
Snort some meth
Get into a bar fight
Don't forget your weapon
Be a poser

Wow. Stereotype much??? :scared0015:
Well, everything except what's highlighted in bold.

Tyburn
03-19-2010, 01:37 PM
your Mother says you shouldn't ?...:laugh:...you crack me up sometimes Dave.

Mother is exceedingly Wise Brad....I might be quite intelligent...but intelligence and Wisdom are not the same thing :wink:

philips4
03-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Hey I'm a biker chick, I love my bike! I didn't get it until my 30's and still did the 130 mph down the fwy, not so smart there. Well I don't ride it much in traffic, mostly because its too cold but you can't beat a nice ride along the ocean in the summer!!! They are amazing! I ride a dirt bike too, my entire family does! Its a great family outing on weekends! My husband did crash (in the desert) and break his neck and back in two places, however, he was back on that thing as soon as he could be....its addictive. As long as its not your main mode of transportation they are FUN! Life is too short to worry about everything, just be safe, have some faith and then have some fun!!!!

DonnaMaria
03-19-2010, 03:56 PM

That's an idea........but I won't have the money for that for a while......I have the money for a bike now........:unsure:

There IS a skydiving place right by my house......:w00t:

And I wouldn't even need a lesson! It's the kind of place where they just "stick" you onto someone who CAN skydive! And you hope for the best! :laugh:

Although.......my insurance policy actually HAS a skydiving clause in it! :angry:

*sigh* this is complicated..........:sad:

DonnaMaria
03-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey I'm a biker chick, I love my bike! I didn't get it until my 30's and still did the 130 mph down the fwy, not so smart there. Well I don't ride it much in traffic, mostly because its too cold but you can't beat a nice ride along the ocean in the summer!!! They are amazing! I ride a dirt bike too, my entire family does! Its a great family outing on weekends! My husband did crash (in the desert) and break his neck and back in two places, however, he was back on that thing as soon as he could be....its addictive. As long as its not your main mode of transportation they are FUN! Life is too short to worry about everything, just be safe, have some faith and then have some fun!!!!

wow!:)

now..........I can't make up my mind again!:laugh:

philips4
03-19-2010, 04:00 PM
wow!:)

now..........I can't make up my mind again!:laugh:

Never know until you try it! :wink: Oh, my mother hates it too, but a girls gotta live!!!:frantics:

DonnaMaria
03-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Never know until you try it! :wink: Oh, my mother hates it too, but a girls gotta live!!!:frantics:

:scared0011:ohmygosh!!!! my MOM!!!!

Even worse! My DAD!:scared0011::scared0015:

He would probably take a metal bar to the thing!

The Vespa is looking better and better.........:laugh:

DonnaMaria
03-19-2010, 09:45 PM
okay! Update! I'm NOT getting a motorcycle! Because I had a SIGN!!!! Yes! A sign!!!!

And it was in the FORM of a motorcycle!!!!! And I was almost KILLED by one!!!!

WHILE I WAS WALKING!!!!!!! TODAY!!!! FIVE MINUTES AGO!!!!

I was getting the mail.......and I had it in my hand....and I looked up to cross the street to my house....and I saw the headlight of the bike.....and it was far away.......so I started to cross.........

and when I was in the middle of the road I realized that HE WAS ABOUT 500 FEET FROM ME! AND I FROZE!!!! ON THE YELLOW LINE!!!!!!!!!!

AND HE SWERVED AROUND ME!!!!! AND ALMOST LOST IT!!!!! :scared0011: I THREW MY HANDS UP INTO THE AIR!!! AND SCREAMED! MAIL WENT EVERYWHERE!

I was frozen!!!! I started crying. The guy turned around and came back towards me. I ran onto my porch thinking he was going to come after me for almost killing him............

He parked in my driveway and picked up my mail in the street........came to the porch......

I was still crying ( im very emotional )

he took off his helmet.....it was a KID!!!!! ( okay maybe 21??!?! A kid to me! After all, I'm a grandmother according to Brad.:huh:)

APOLOGIZED!!!!!!:scared0015: he said he was going too fast.

The guy from across the street came over, because he saw the whole thing. Started yelling at the kid.......

The kid apologized again........left………

I am still in shock.

My guy across the street, a former state trooper, guesses that the kid was probably going around 100 mph. That’s why I didn’t expect him to reach me when he did…..

my road is posted for 45 mph

Tyburn
03-20-2010, 12:16 AM
:unsure-1: ohh no! Thats horrible!!

But I think the thought of you crying in the street is even worse.

It was good of the biker to come back and appologise though...that would NEVER happen in this country :mellow:

DonnaMaria
03-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Aww Dave, actually I cry a lot, so that isn't really that remarkable.:)

Sicilians.......we cry. We eat and we cry and we yell. We have a lot of passion.:Whistle::ashamed::laugh:

I'm still stunned. I had to drive my girls all over the place and I am still kind of in shock. It's one of those things where nothing DID happen, but if things had been just a tiny bit different

it could have been REALLY bad.

( and my neighbor wasn't that impressed with the kid's apology. He thinks he did it so I wouldn't call the police on him........lol)

Mac
03-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Thats a bad situation with the kid on the motorcycle Donna .

true story , just last year there was an elderly woman who lived on a rural road about 7 miles from me here. She was walking back across the road after getting her mail , and 3 younger guys on motorcycles came up really fast and one of them hit her head on . It killed her instantly .

So yes you were very lucky.

DonnaMaria
03-20-2010, 12:50 AM
He was lightening fast! Really! I just couldn't believe it! I couldn't believe he could be going THAT fast!

When I was about 10 feet from my mailbox......and I realized that I wasn't going to make it across the street before he got to me.......

oh...............that was a bad feeling..........a bad BAD feeling.:cry:

Tyburn
03-20-2010, 01:10 AM
Aww Dave, actually I cry a lot, so that isn't really that remarkable.:)

Sicilians.......we cry. We eat and we cry and we yell. We have a lot of passion.:Whistle::ashamed::laugh:

I'm still stunned. I had to drive my girls all over the place and I am still kind of in shock. It's one of those things where nothing DID happen, but if things had been just a tiny bit different

it could have been REALLY bad.

( and my neighbor wasn't that impressed with the kid's apology. He thinks he did it so I wouldn't call the police on him........lol)

I cant bear the thought of women crying...I just find that whole mental image one of the worst imaginable.

I am glad that nothing did go wrong. One must always be grateful. It does say in the Psalms that GOD can command his Hosts to "encamp" around, and to "protect" those who he loves.

Like I said...I think you should stick to skydiving :laugh:

DonnaMaria
03-20-2010, 01:20 AM
Well I cry a lot......it's my nature.......lol.

But today I REALLY had something to cry about!

And I agree! I am blessed to be alive. I was thanking God as I ran up to my porch!

"Thank you Jesus! Thank you God! Please don't let him kill me now! Please!"

:ashamed:

Shock. I'm in shock. I don't know if I am more in shock because I didn't get struck, or because he didn't kick my a$$ when he came back.........

TexasRN
03-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Well I cry a lot......it's my nature.......lol.

But today I REALLY had something to cry about!

And I agree! I am blessed to be alive. I was thanking God as I ran up to my porch!

"Thank you Jesus! Thank you God! Please don't let him kill me now! Please!"

:ashamed:

Shock. I'm in shock. I don't know if I am more in shock because I didn't get struck, or because he didn't kick my a$$ when he came back.........

That's super scary. I would have ended up in jail for attacking him when he got on my porch. :laugh:

~Amy

Tyburn
03-20-2010, 01:59 PM
That's super scary. I would have ended up in jail for attacking him when he got on my porch. :laugh:

~Amy

No you wouldnt...He would have just ended up a "missing person" :ninja:

people like you dont get caught :laugh:

DonnaMaria
03-20-2010, 04:56 PM

~Amy

I'm a whimp! I couldn't have kicked his butt myself......but I had my hand on the porch door and the mastiff was on the other side, barking his head off. If the kid had threatened me, I would have unleashed the hound from hell! :laugh:

TexasRN
03-20-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm a whimp! I couldn't have kicked his butt myself......but I had my hand on the porch door and the mastiff was on the other side, barking his head off. If the kid had threatened me, I would have unleashed the hound from hell! :laugh:

I have anger issues....:unsure-1: Then again, maybe it's a Texas thing because girls there are taught early on that if he's on your property and you feel threatened, you are justified in defending yourself.

Here's a story that will help illustrate that: When I was 19 I had a gf who left her husband after he beat her one too many times. She had come over to my house and we were planning to go out together. I was in the shower and she was in the guest bedroom getting dressed and doing her hair. Well the husband found out about it and came over. He was a big, manly MP in the Army so was a pretty scary dude. She came running into the bathroom screaming that he was there. I put a towel around me, grabbed the pistol that was kept in the drawer by the bed, and met him at the door. I invited him in and we sat down in the guest bedroom to chat. He was very nervous at having a gun pointed at him. I asked him if he knew why I let him in the house he said no so I proceeded to tell him that in TX if he is in my home and tries to attack me I am legally justified in shooting him and would get away with it. He sat very still and talked very calmly to me and then left peacefully never to bother me again.

True story.

~Amy