PDA

View Full Version : Man Punching Kids In Head with Key at Wal-Mart

Play The Man
03-18-2010, 03:43 PM
http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/policeadd-charges-against-elderly-man-who-allegedly-punched-kids-in-wal-mart/19400505

Police Say Elderly Man Enjoyed Striking Young Kids

(March 16) -- Police in Ohio have filed additional charges against a grandfather who is accused of striking several young children inside a Columbus department store.

According to police, Ralph Conone, 68, would randomly strike young children in the head with a fist that was clasped around a protruding key.

"He stated that he does this because of the excitement of being able to do it and get away with it with the parents right there," Sgt. John Hurst of the special victim's bureau told The Columbus Dispatch. "He'll just strike them in the head and just turn around and walk away."

Conone was arrested March 10 following two alleged assaults that took place inside a Wal-Mart. Authorities were called to the store after a 6-year-old boy told his mother that Conone had struck him in the back of the head, leaving a minor cut. The boy's 7-year-old brother also reported being hit.

When police reviewed the store's surveillance videos, they were able not only to confirm the attack on the two children, but they also observed attacks on two other children, whom they were unable to identify.

When questioned about the incidents, Conone said he targeted young children because they were unable to defend themselves, police said.

Conone was arraigned in a Franklin County municipal courtroom last Friday on the two assault charges. During the brief proceeding, Conone's attorney said that he is a manic depressive with mental health issues.

Conone, who is divorced and lives alone, does not appear to have a prior criminal record.

The two additional charges that were filed Sunday involve a 2-year-old boy who was allegedly assaulted in two separate incidents, at the same Wal-mart, on Feb. 28.

Police believe Conone is responsible for several other assaults, dating back to January. As part of the ongoing investigation, they are not releasing his mug shot to the media.

Conone is being held on a $150,000 bond. The judge ordered him to be placed under house arrest if he posts bond. He was also ordered to stay away from Wal-Mart.

Vizion
03-18-2010, 03:55 PM
He must be mentally ill.

Neezar
03-18-2010, 03:57 PM
"He stated that he does this because of the excitement of being able to do it and get away with it with the parents right there," Sgt. John Hurst of the special victim's bureau told The Columbus Dispatch. "He'll just strike them in the head and just turn around and walk away."

If it is excitement he is looking for then he should try that at my Wal-Mart. :laugh:

TexasRN
03-18-2010, 04:08 PM
If it is excitement he is looking for then he should try that at my Wal-Mart. :laugh:

No kidding. Here in NC one of the mamas would have tackled him and beat him to death for touching one of her kids. There is a walmart near my house that I don't make eye contact with anyone in, not even with the people who work there....:blink:

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
03-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Those poor kids! What a wacko!

flo
03-18-2010, 06:08 PM

I was going to say the same think, Neez. My WalMart is the one by Ft. Lewis.

Creepy old coot, I hope someone kicks his a$$ bigtime. Imagine having your child hit in the head and CUT with a key???

flo
03-18-2010, 06:11 PM
No kidding. Here in NC one of the mamas would have tackled him and beat him to death for touching one of her kids. There is a walmart near my house that I don't make eye contact with anyone in, not even with the people who work there....:blink:

~Amy

:scared0011: Whoa! That's creepy, glad I don't have to shop there! Our store has lots of Rangers who wouldn't take kindly to some sick perv hitting their kids. I always feel really safe when I shop there...

County Mike
03-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Police Say Elderly Man Enjoyed Striking Young Kids

Who doesn't? :ninja:

Chuck
03-18-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm sorry but I LOL'd... :ashamed:

Spiritwalker
03-18-2010, 08:58 PM

~Amy

I thought you lived near the coast and didn't visit the Wally World near my house...????

Even if it wasn't my kid.. and I saw it.. I would find out what's up.. you don't hit a kid in my view ... or opinion....

If it was my kids that got hit.. I would open a whoop @$$ on him.. no question.

Spiritwalker
03-18-2010, 08:59 PM
I was going to say the same think, Neez. My WalMart is the one by Ft. Lewis.

Creepy old coot, I hope someone kicks his a$$ bigtime. Imagine having your child hit in the head and CUT with a key???

I get angry just thinking about it.. just seeing it.. would be like a blind fury....

County Mike
03-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Some kids need a beating. This guy is just playing the odds.

Chances are that little brat got away with something recently and now he's been set straight. After the punch, the guy should say "I know what you did". The kid will think the guy really knows something. Kid will keep his mouth shut so whatever he did doesn't have to be told. It's genius!

I'm off to Walmart.

Twinsmama
03-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Mike I am so laughing at your comment...and at you!! You don't even know what you are in for!! We know you are just practicing up on trying to be mean because in about 16 years you are gonna have some problems to deal with!

flo
03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Some kids need a beating. This guy is just playing the odds.

Chances are that little brat got away with something recently and now he's been set straight. After the punch, the guy should say "I know what you did". The kid will think the guy really knows something. Kid will keep his mouth shut so whatever he did doesn't have to be told. It's genius!

I'm off to Walmart.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Play The Man
03-19-2010, 08:00 AM

~Amy

I love to shop at Wal-Mart because of the savings, but I will agree that some of the customers are pretty spooky.

Shoots like a girl
03-19-2010, 06:47 PM
I say we lock him in the octagon with the Hughes twins! Bet he comes out resembling Matt Serra! :punch: