PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Condit taking out American soldier

Hughes_GOAT
02-18-2009, 05:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myxhzSqbvxA&eurl=http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f7/regular-guy-kod-pro-mma-fighter-924227/index3.html&feature=player_embedded

KENTUCKYREDBONE
02-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Nice Video! As classy as some of these fighters are it wouldn't surprise me if they gave some of our Soldiers a tip or two!

billwilliams70
02-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Nice Video! As classy as some of these fighters are it wouldn't surprise me if they gave some of our Soldiers a tip or two!
They did. When BJ Penn, Carlos Condit, Urijah Faber, and Michael Bisping made the trip out here they put on a small clinic. I'll post up some of the pics when I can/if I can.

I can't view the video here at work, but there was a story of when they (the fighters) went to the Special Operations compound here and did some actual sparring......and I heard about Condit doing something like that, so that video clip could actually be of that day here in Bagram. :punch:

Later.

Chuck
02-18-2009, 01:09 PM
That was kinda funny... nice video...

billwilliams70
02-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Yup, that's when they came here. If you look at the beginning of the video, he's wearing a football jersey with 101 on it.....that's a gift that's given out on behalf of the commanding general.

Later.

Champ2be
02-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Damn he head kicked his ass! Hahaha. Looks like Carlos got a little rocked from that first shot, maybe got pissed too. :laugh:

Tyburn
02-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Carlos just doesnt look like a fighter does he :laugh:

Champ2be
02-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Carlos just doesnt look like a fighter does he :laugh:

Nope and neither does Kenny Florian. These are the guys that you pick a fight with in a bar thinking, " man I m gonna kick this skinny guy's ass" and then Boom1:blink: you wake up in the hospital. Hahaha

Tyburn
02-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Nope and neither does Kenny Florian. These are the guys that you pick a fight with in a bar thinking, " man I m gonna kick this skinny guy's ass" and then Boom1:blink: you wake up in the hospital. Hahaha
:laugh: Kenny Florian...yes I suppose your correct. I've never seen him in mufti so Its kinda obvious that he's an athlete from what he wears whenever I see him. But Condit...still looks like he's a wanna-be-fan-fighter...and then you watch him actually fight and...cant believe your eyes :scared0015:

lc87
02-19-2009, 01:48 AM

Just like anderson silva from the all access. He kind of looks like a geek with his glasses on and a baggy t shirt. Looks like he is a computer nerd or something like that

Champ2be
02-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Just like anderson silva from the all access. He kind of looks like a geek with his glasses on and a baggy t shirt. Looks like he is a computer nerd or something like that

Yea that would be the wrong guy to make a mistake with.

lc87
02-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Call him a geek and wake up in the plastic surgeons office with a new nose.

Hughes_GOAT
02-20-2009, 04:04 AM
Call him a geek and wake up in the plastic surgeons office with a new nose.
so that's what Rich Franklin was saying to him in the clinch, right before he got his nose augmented.

MattHughesRocks
02-20-2009, 04:15 AM
Wow, what a dick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myxhzSqbvxA&eurl=http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f7/regular-guy-kod-pro-mma-fighter-924227/index3.html&feature=player_embedded

Champ2be
02-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Wow, what a dick.

Why a dick? That soldier was throwing everything he had at him. He said hit me as hard as you want me to hit you. This isnt tap dancing ya know?

billwilliams70
02-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Why a dick? That soldier was throwing everything he had at him. He said hit me as hard as you want me to hit you. This isnt tap dancing ya know?
Ditto. He told the Soldier to hit him as hard as he wanted to be hit........I wouldn't necessarily say the Soldier had it coming, but he had on protection.

Later.

Tyburn
02-20-2009, 12:23 PM
If a Soldier isnt prepared to get hit in the face, how do you think they will fare in Battle? :mellow:

These people dont mess around Michelle. :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
02-20-2009, 04:26 PM
I don't care what the other guy said. If your a professional fighter you shouldnt be hitting someone like that just because they told you to.

Tap dancing :laugh:

Champ2be
02-20-2009, 05:17 PM
I don't care what the other guy said. If your a professional fighter you shouldnt be hitting someone like that just because they told you to.

Some guys just cant take it. Remember when Forrest threw that light leg kick to that camera guys legs just as an example and he got a hair line fracture in his femur, same thing. I highly doubt Carlos kicked him as hard as he could, but that soldier was going to town and swinging hard on Condit, so Condit was like F this, lol. Pro or not if you get hit in the face hard its gonna piss you off. I guess tap dancing could be dangerous, you could sprain your ankle or something,lol maybe thats how Thiago Alves really hurt his ankle before the Matt fight, :laugh:

Llamafighter
02-20-2009, 07:04 PM

That soldier had an idea of what he was doing in there. and plus I've learned more from getting my ass kicked than completely bullying someone.

Tyburn
02-20-2009, 07:35 PM
I guess tap dancing could be dangerous, you could sprain your ankle or something,lol maybe thats how Thiago Alves really hurt his ankle before the Matt fight, :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytcZIfvSWW4

Champ2be
02-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Oh yea I forgot about riverdancing. Thats not tap dancing thats pure adrenaline hooked to your feet :laugh:

VCURamFan
02-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh yea I forgot about riverdancing. Thats not tap dancing thats pure adrenaline hooked to your feet :laugh:They should have used riverdancing for this commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tASG5MUyVKM

Chuck
02-20-2009, 09:06 PM

For a pro fighter this is really a no win situation. Go to easy and risk the noob getting a lucky shot... go hard and you're a bully.

Take our boy Spirit.. I"m guessing he's the most skilled, decorated martial artist on this site. If I go to his school and he agree to spar with me how is he going to approach it? Go easy on me and risk me getting a lucky punch? Go hard at it and look like a bully?? My guess is he'll do exactly what Carlos did... match his power/intensity to mine. If I'm just flicking shots out there he'll do the same...

If I start really swinging then he do the same....

The guy went hard (I respect that) and got dropped... it's all good.

Quit being such a girl.... and go make me a samich!!

VCURamFan
02-20-2009, 09:14 PM
For a pro fighter this is really a no win situation. Go to easy and risk the noob getting a lucky shot... go hard and you're a bully.

Take our boy Spirit.. I"m guessing he's the most skilled, decorated martial artist on this site. If I go to his school and he agree to spar with me how is he going to approach it? Go easy on me and risk me getting a lucky punch? Go hard at it and look like a bully?? My guess is he'll do exactly what Carlos did... match his power/intensity to mine. If I'm just flicking shots out there he'll do the same...

If I start really swinging then he do the same....

The guy went hard (I respect that) and got dropped... it's all good.

Quit being such a girl.... and go make me a samich!!QFT.

WAR SAMMICH!

billwilliams70
02-21-2009, 03:47 AM

Just so everyone is aware of the situation.

That video was shot on the SPECIAL OPERATIONS compound here at Bagram Airfield. With that said, not everyone on the compound is a SPECIAL OPERATIONS caliber Soldier, but they work with them on a daily basis. The ring that's there was not constructed for the visit, it's there permanently, because that's a level of training that the SPECIAL OPERATIONS Soldiers do on a daily basis. Carlos Condit is a professional fighter, and I would say that there's at least an 85% chance that the guy he KO'd in the video is a professional at what he does, he knew the risk, got KO'd, and didn't get seriously hurt.

He's in Afghanistan for cryin' out loud, goin' out on missions that nobody knows about (stuff that Carlos Condit would NEVER do, but I still give him mad props for comin' out here that close to a fight) and isn't reported on the news day in and day out.

:frantics:

Later.

Tyburn
02-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Just so everyone is aware of the situation.

That video was shot on the SPECIAL OPERATIONS compound here at Bagram Airfield. With that said, not everyone on the compound is a SPECIAL OPERATIONS caliber Soldier, but they work with them on a daily basis. The ring that's there was not constructed for the visit, it's there permanently, because that's a level of training that the SPECIAL OPERATIONS Soldiers do on a daily basis. Carlos Condit is a professional fighter, and I would say that there's at least an 85% chance that the guy he KO'd in the video is a professional at what he does, he knew the risk, got KO'd, and didn't get seriously hurt.

He's in Afghanistan for cryin' out loud, goin' out on missions that nobody knows about (stuff that Carlos Condit would NEVER do, but I still give him mad props for comin' out here that close to a fight) and isn't reported on the news day in and day out.

:frantics:

Later.

Thanks for clearing that up Mr Williams :)

billwilliams70
02-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Mr Williams :)
You're very welcome.

Later.