PDA

View Full Version : D. Hannan on EU view of American aid to Haiti

flo
03-02-2010, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2h0yzvQHaM

flo
03-02-2010, 04:48 PM
I wish we could clone this guy and send him to Washington. :)

I could listen to him all day, he is eloquent, humorous and nails it.

Not to mention that divine accent...

Neezar
03-03-2010, 02:30 AM
I wish we could clone this guy and send him to Washington. :)

I could listen to him all day, he is eloquent, humorous and nails it.

Not to mention that divine accent...

That made me listen. :laugh:

Glad I did though. I will listen to more from him. lol

flo
03-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Thanks, Denise, for the comment :-)

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I've noticed that as an American it seems my Country can do no right in the eye's of the world. It don't matter what we do we still get accused of and blamed for all kinds of stuff. So I figure we need to do as we see fit and if the others don't like it tough. As long as we think what we are doing is right and just!

NateR
03-03-2010, 01:40 PM
I've noticed that as an American it seems my Country can do no right in the eye's of the world. It don't matter what we do we still get accused of and blamed for all kinds of stuff. So I figure we need to do as we see fit and if the others don't like it tough. As long as we think what we are doing is right and just!

Agreed. I think the stupidest thing that America, as a nation, should be concerned about is how popular we are with all the other nations of the world. I absolutely do not understand why we should even care what any other country thinks of us. We've NEVER been liked or respected, except when our military might was necessary, so the world's opinion of us is completely irrelevant and always will be.

That's what I liked so much about George W. Bush's way of doing things: America is going to do what we think is right and if you don't like it, that's your problem not ours.

NateR
03-03-2010, 01:45 PM

Great video! That guy has been on FoxNews a couple of times and I always enjoy listening to him because 1. he's European who is not an idiot and 2. he has a great accent. :)

Tyburn
03-03-2010, 08:11 PM
I absolutely do not understand why we should even care what any other country thinks of us.

...because one day, believe it or not, you might need our help. :wink:

NateR
03-03-2010, 08:23 PM
...because one day, believe it or not, you might need our help. :wink:

So we should spend the rest of our lives pandering to your nation's silly public opinions just on the off chance that we might need some assistance someday? Sorry, but no, that doesn't work for real people in real life, so there is no reason to believe that it would work for nations either.

Besides, if the need is dire, then whether you like us or not shouldn't even be a factor. Did we take a public opinion poll on Haiti to see if we liked them before sending earthquake relief? No, we did it simply because the need was there and it was the right thing to do.

Tyburn
03-03-2010, 08:24 PM

He's giving his own opinion about the United States...but he's not talking about America...he's talking about Beauracrasy in the European Union. You have to understand that he's Actually speaking against Europe, rather then For America.

England has never truly embraced Europe, which is why the majority of English Minsters for the European Parliament, are Nationalistic. You have the United Kingdom Independance Party, you have the British Nationalist Party

he is Against the War Crimes Tribuneral that prosecutes world leaders for Terrorism, and he dislikes the National Health Service, the Single Currency, The Lisbon Treaty, ANYTHING European or slightly communistic at all. He is also anti-Immigration, which is a trademark of these Nationalistic leanings.

So he dislikes Europe Completely, and Dislikes England mostly. He is however terribly Patriotic, he just hates what he believes his country has become, thats why he gets on so well with the Americans :laugh:

Tyburn
03-03-2010, 08:34 PM
So we should spend the rest of our lives pandering to your nation's silly public opinions just on the off chance that we might need some assistance someday? Sorry, but no, that doesn't work for real people in real life, so there is no reason to believe that it would work for nations either.

Besides, if the need is dire, then whether you like us or not shouldn't even be a factor. Did we take a public opinion poll on Haiti to see if we liked them or not before sending earthquake relief? No, we did it simply because the need was there and it was the right thing to do.

I'd like you to say whether you think that President Bush should have pulled out of Iraq, when Congress and a majority of the ellected and campaigning citizenry changed their minds.

Tell me. Is that Consitutional?

Perhaps it is alright for him to tell the United Nations he is going to do something regardless of whether they agree or not...but when he says that to his public and Government...well...I might aggree with his actions...but I can recognise they were unconstitutional non the less.

Will you be so honnest I wonder. See..Understand this Mr Rosario...I might not "know" America because I dont live there...but I assure you, I know FAR more about America, then you know about Europe, the United Nations, or anything beyond your own Soverignty...and our History has been blighted by things, you assume can never happen to use.

News Flash Nate...in the next ten years a Communist Government called China shall suppase you in terms of economy, probably power, and possibly Military Might...at which time you might need help from "Friends"

Tell me...is it worth you going into that battle friendless??? I suggest you think about youe hypocrascy on your Governments definace of one body being bad, and another body being good, and that you think about how you represent yourself as an American to any non-american reading this (who isnt as open, or knowldgeable about you and your country as I am)

NateR
03-03-2010, 09:09 PM
I'd like you to say whether you think that President Bush should have pulled out of Iraq, when Congress and a majority of the ellected and campaigning citizenry changed their minds.

Tell me. Is that Consitutional?

Perhaps it is alright for him to tell the United Nations he is going to do something regardless of whether they agree or not...but when he says that to his public and Government...well...I might aggree with his actions...but I can recognise they were unconstitutional non the less.

Will you be so honnest I wonder. See..Understand this Mr Rosario...I might not "know" America because I dont live there...but I assure you, I know FAR more about America, then you know about Europe, the United Nations, or anything beyond your own Soverignty...and our History has been blighted by things, you assume can never happen to use.

News Flash Nate...in the next ten years a Communist Government called China shall suppase you in terms of economy, probably power, and possibly Military Might...at which time you might need help from "Friends"

Tell me...is it worth you going into that battle friendless??? I suggest you think about youe hypocrascy on your Governments definace of one body being bad, and another body being good, and that you think about how you represent yourself as an American to any non-american reading this (who isnt as open, or knowldgeable about you and your country as I am)

No, warfare is a different story, because when you wage war based solely on public opinions, then all you do is get American soldiers killed and waste billions of dollars. We learned that lesson in Vietnam.

The UK is likely going to be our ally through thick and thin. However, nations like France and Germany are never going to support us no matter what we do. So, we help out our allies, stay true to our beliefs and don't worry about the idiots out there who are going to hate us no matter what.

Tyburn
03-03-2010, 09:15 PM
1)No, warfare is a different story, because when you wage war based solely on public opinions, then all you do is get American soldiers killed and waste billions of dollars. We learned that lesson in Vietnam.

The UK is likely going to be our ally through thick and thin. However, nations like France and Germany are never going to support us no matter what we do. So, we help out our allies, stay true to our beliefs and don't worry about the idiots out there who are going to hate us no matter what.

1) out of interest because I actually dont know the answer to this...does the consitution say anything about Presidential rights to veto during times or war? We once spoke about the possibility of a President doing a third term if he was in a war or something?

2) Forget France...Even if they were you best friends all the time :laugh: Germany...well...they were big before the Euro...now I'm not so sure...

England...yes...its probably true that, unless we ever get a British Nationalist as Prime Minister...I see them growing and possibly forming a Governmental Party in Westminster in the near future...but as for getting into power...not unless something catastrophic happens...I mean nigh on apokolyptic and it being the Centrist Governments fault :laugh:

Sorry for being a little bit mean to you tonight...I'm all over the place at the moment, I've been like this for two days now...:unsure-1:

flo
03-03-2010, 09:25 PM
He's giving his own opinion about the United States...but he's not talking about America...he's talking about Beauracrasy in the European Union. You have to understand that he's Actually speaking against Europe, rather then For America.

LOL! You have to understand that he's actually speaking about both.

NateR
03-03-2010, 09:53 PM
1) out of interest because I actually dont know the answer to this...does the consitution say anything about Presidential rights to veto during times or war? We once spoke about the possibility of a President doing a third term if he was in a war or something?

The Constitution says nothing about term limits for the President. That wasn't enacted until FDR died in 1945. FDR was the only President to serve more than two terms (and that worked out so well, that they immediately imposed a 2-term limit after he died :laugh: ).

Each President handles warfare differently and easily the most "oppressive" civil rights violators, when dealing with American citizens, would be Franklin Roosevelt (who locked up thousands of American citizens into concentration camps) and Abraham Lincoln (who denied Constitutional rights to American citizens fighting on the side of the South). Woodrow Wilson also did his fair share of Civil Rights violations by locking up anyone who publicly opposed his WW1 policies in prison for 20 years.

Neezar
03-04-2010, 11:03 AM
LOL! You have to understand that he's actually speaking about both.

Sorry. Some people can't wrap their mind around that. It has to be one OR the other. Can't be both. Can't be gray. :laugh:

Tyburn
03-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Sorry. Some people can't wrap their mind around that. It has to be one OR the other. Can't be both. Can't be gray. :laugh:

its not my fault im colour blind :angry:

I'm kidding of course :rolleyes:

:laugh: